Education is most important for the development and future of a child. But, being able to avail that, is a privilege now. Factors like money and social backwardness are drastically impacting the deliverance of it. Thus to ensure that no child belonging to minor categories faces this particular issue. Hence, the Government of West Bengal introduced the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship to provide financial assistance to students of the minority. All the information related to this scholarship initiative is available for you to read in the following article:
Swami Vivekananda Scholarship 2023
Finances can be huge barriers to the pursuit of education. Many students can not afford education due to a scarcity of monetary funds. Thus, the Government of West Bengal especially launched the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship or SVMCM for such students. Meritorious students belonging to economically backward parts of society can avail benefits under the scheme. To encourage higher education, students of 9th to12th, Bachelors, Masters, and Doctorates can apply for the scheme. Recipients of Kanyashree can also get help through SVMCM. The registration procedure will be carried out in an online mode on its official portal.
Highlights of West Bengal Swami Vivekananda Scholarship 2023
|Name||Swami Vivekananda Merit Cum Means scholarship 2023 or SVMCM|
|Department||Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Trust|
|Aim||To provide financial assistance to minority students in-state for higher-level education|
|Beneficiaries||Students of West Bengal|
Objective of SV Schorlarship
The prime aim to introduce this scheme was to provide a better opportunity to minorities in the field of education. The students with no financial backup mostly drop out of institutions. Consequently, it could result in unemployment or even starting to work at a tender age to earn a living. Moreover, meritorious students miss a chance at a better future and their right to education.
To avoid all these social problems, this scholarship strives to provide funds for educational purposes to such students and increase the literacy rate in the state. The launching of the portal was with an additional envisage of providing services related to SVMCM smoothly to the applicants. This will not only save their time but also help them gather all the updates, information, and notifications and then apply directly on the website. They will not have to visit the offices and keep wandering to extract all the information and then apply.
Popular West Bengal Schemes
- Karmo Bhumi Registration
- Health Scheme for Online Enrollment of Employer & Pensioner
- Joy Bangla Pension Scheme Online Registration Form
- Jai Johar Bandhu Prakalpa Scheme: Application Form
- Karmai Dharma Scheme 2023 Apply Online
- Bangla Sahayata Kendra (BSK)Apply Online Registration
- Laxmi Bhandar Payment Status
- OASIS Scholarship apply online at oasis.gov.in
- Chaa Sundari Scheme Application Form
- West Bengal Snehaloy Housing Scheme Registration
Benefits of Swami Vivekananda Scholarship 2023
This scholarship promises monetary funds to the students to pursue their higher education. The economically weak students in West Bengal will be funded by the state government after their successful verification. But, the scheme is only for students in high school or senior school or, it is for those who either are undergraduates or postgraduates or studying at a Ph.D. level. Kanyashree applicants can also get benefits. These students can apply directly on the website. In this manner, the service will be provided on their doorsteps. This will not only reduce time but also resources. This system will make sure that most students can apply by using the easily available internet.
Swami Vivekananda Scholarship West Bengal Features
The following are the features that not only make this scholarship beneficial but also fair:
- The scholarship is only awarded to students who face difficulty while paying their educational expenses.
- The amount will be deposited in form of a monthly stipend so that they can carefully utilise the available money.
- The students will receive the funds directly into the registered bank accounts through DBT or Direct Bank Transfer. This will make sure that the money safely reaches the candidate.
- Their will be proper verification of the application and documents before disbursement of money.
- This scholarship is merit based. The funds distribution is rigid and the state will try to cover all eligible applicants but the preference will be to the ones who have scored better in previous examinations.
What is Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Amount?
The scholarship amount that will be awarded to the students depends upon the course, level of study, and the department. They will receive the following amount:
Directorate of School Education (DSE) & Directorate of Madrasah Education (DME)
For High School and Senior Secondary students, Rs. 1,000 per month will be disbursed into the account of applicants for covering their educational expenses at the school level.
Directorate of public instruction (DPI)
- Undergraduate Courses: Students who are pursuing non professional coarses like Bachelor in Arts and Commerce will recieve a monthly stipend of Rs. 1,000.
- The ones attending proffessional undergraduate courses or Bachelor in Science will get Rs. 1,500 every month so as to cover the fee expenses.
- Students of Masters in Arts and Commerce will certainly get an assistance of Rs. 2,000 on a monthly basis.
- For Science or other professional Post Graduation, the monthly stipend will be Rs. 2,500 to the students.
- For higher levels which are MPhil or PhD, the authorities will accordingly fund the students anything between Rs.5,000 per month to Rs.8,000 for each month.
Technical education at college or university level
Students who have taken up B Tech or other such courses will get a monthly assistance of Rs.5,000 funded by the state government. The postgraduate students in the same courses will be entitled to get certainly the same amount.
Directorate of Technical Education and Training
Students in Undergraduate Courses will receive scholarships which they will receive in monthly installments of Rs.1,500 for covering their institutional and other expenses related to education.
Directorate of Medical Education
For Diploma courses under this department, a monthly stipend of Rs. 1000 is approved while for Undergraduate courses, Rs. 5,000 per month will be the scholarship installment.
Eligibility Criteria of WB Swami Vivekananda Scholarship 2023
General Eligibility Criteria
The compulsory and general eligibility criteria to be able to apply for the scholarship are given below:
- The student has to be a resident of West Bengal.
- This scholarship program is only applicable for those who are pursuing their education from institutions located in West Bengal.
- Must be pursuing any of the above listed courses in order to avail benefits.
- The income from all sources should be less than Rs. 2.5 Lakhs. Students who belong to families satisfying this criteria will be eligible as economical minority and hence, apply.
Revised Eligibility Criteria
Earlier, the minimum percentage to be able to avail benefits of this scheme was 75%. Only students who scored above average grades could qualify to get financial aid. Hence, the Cheif Minister of West Bengal, Mamta Banerjee decreased this criterion. She revised the grade rules and suggested that students getting more than 60% can apply for the scholarship and stand a chance to get the benefits. Felicitations followed this occasion and she presented laptops and books by renowned authors to at least 1700 students.
Specific Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility to apply for a scholarship for specific courses differ. Hence, an applicant must check the particular criteria:
- Higher Secondary Level: The candidate should qualify that Madhyamilk Pariksha or any other recognised examination of equivalent level with at least 75%.
- Diploma: The 1st year diploma students who passed secondary examination or 2nd year examination with at least 75%.
- Undergraduates: The score of the best five subject of the applicant in senior secondary examination should aggregate upto minimum 75%.
- Postgraduates: The students who pursued honor subjects at the graduation level must have a percentage of 53% to be eligibile and for graduation with engineering, the percentage score must be 55%.
- Kanyashree: The applicants of K-3 component, must have the valid K2 ID sanctionedreceipt and be willing to seek Post Graduate level studies in science, arts or commerce. The percentage required is 45% minimum.
- MPhil or NET reaserch: The students who applied for MPhil or PhD from a government aided institute in the state of west Bengal.
- WB Kharif Paddy Procurement Scheme Registration Form
- West Bengal Kanyashree Prakalpa Application Form
- Swasthya Sathi Scheme Smart Card Apply Online
- Banglarbhumi Search banglarbhumi.gov.in Land Record Khatian
- Karma Sathi Prakalpa Scheme Application
- West Bengal Marriage Registration Apply Online
- West Bengal Digital Ration Card Apply Online
- Bangla Shasya Bima Yojana 2Registration
- WB Caste Certificate Application Online
- West Bengal Voter List Online Apply
Documents Required to filll the Schorlarship Application form
The candidate must possess all crucial documents while applying for the Swami Vivekananda Merit cum Means scholarship. The scholarship will be awarded after successful verification of not only the application but also these documents. If an applicant fails to produce the correct valid papers, the application will be rejected. The list of the documents that have to be uploaded or are needed for verification is here as follows:
- Passport Sized Photograph: The image must be of jpg or jpeg format with a size of minimum10 KB and maximum 20 KB.
- Signature: Applicant must have a digital signature or a scanned format of sign in jpeg or jpg format with the sixe range of 10KB to 20KB.
- Ration card of Voter Card as ID proof
- Address proof
- Last Educational Report
- First page of the passbook of the bank account of the applicant
- Domicile certificate to serve as a proof of resident of West Bengal
- Income certificate for the family to prove the economic weakness
West Bengal Swami Vivekananda Scholarship application form
The procedure of the application is in a sequenced manner. An application is only formed when a candidate registers for it with his/her complete details and uploads all the necessary documents. The application is then forwarded for the procession and the final amount is disbursed into the account only after successful verification.
The first and foremost step is registration on the portal. Follow the subsequent steps for registering on the portal and simultaneously applying:
- Firstly open the official website of SVMCM and click on “Registration”.
- A registration form will appear where the candidate needs to fill in all the details marked with “*”.
- Enter the personal details and the mobile number where you wish to get all the important details regarding the application.
- You will receive an application ID of 15 characters on the mobile number along with the password. These will be the login credentials.
- The West Bengal Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Scheme registration procedure is successful.
Once the registration is done, the candidate will have to log into the web page and complete the application. Given is the elaboration of the method of logging in and completing the application:
- Visit the home page of the SVMCM website.
- Click on the “Login” option and a login page will open up.
- Enter the login credentials received at the time of registration on the mobile number.
- Fill the educational details followed by the details of the applicant’s bank account. The scholarship stipend will be deposited in the same account through a secure transfer window. Hence, it is safe to enter the bank details and the authorities or anyone cannot debit money from it.
- Now, upload the important documents in the applicable format.
- Submit the application after carefully reviewing.
The candidates cannot make corrections on the portal in case they do some mistakes while filling the form. The portal does not allow editing the application and the consideration will be to the original application. Hence, the recommendation is that candidates must always carefully review the application at the time of registration. However, they can put in extra effort by requesting the Head of their Institution (HOI) to unlock the SVMCM application. If the Head agrees to do so, the candidate can edit the application and resubmit it.
The selection of the candidate will begin once the application is submitted and further verified. The arrangement of the applications will be in descending order based on the category and the marks secured. The generation of the merit list will only be following the proper arrangement of candidates. After that, the allotment of the amount will begin as per the merit list.
The candidates can also apply for the renewal of the application. They will simply have to log into the portal and check the dashboard for the renewal option. They will have to recheck the details and update them for renewal and submit the application. The application will be renewed on the ground of similar eligibility guidelines. Furthermore, the candidate will start receiving the scholarship amount after the authorities approve the renewal application.
The status of the application is also available on the portal. The applicant will just have to log in using the credentials and further check the dashboard. In the dashboard, the status of the application will be visible with the progress in its verification. Candidates can also estimate the tentative date of the deposition of the scholarship installments based on the available data.
A special helpdesk is available to specifically help the candidates who might face any technical or general issue. Generally, all the FAQs are available on the portal and there is mostly all the information open on the portal. But, the users can still contact the Higher Education Department of West Bengal either by visiting their office calling the given toll-free number or using mail support.
Address: Higher Education Department, Bikash Bhaban, Kolkata, West Bengal.
Toll-free Number: 18001028014
Email: [email protected]