It is a health scheme launched by Ms Mamta Banerjee, Chief Minister of West Bengal. The CM of West Bengal Mamta Banerjee has started the ‘Duare Campaign’ to make the schemes of the state government, influence more people in the state. Swasthya Sathi Scheme is one such scheme set to launch for the year 2022. It is a health scheme to benefit the citizens of Bengal. This scheme aims to benefits 7.5 crore people of the state by providing financial health support of INR 5 lakh to every family. In this article, we will review the Swasthya Sathi scheme and provide all the details of the scheme.
Swasthya Sathi Scheme
People who want to apply for the Swasthya Sathi scheme can read the whole application process of the scheme here. So, the citizens of West Bengal can apply for the scheme without any difficulty. We will share the step by step procedure depicting, how to apply for the scheme. Also, we will discuss all the criteria and eligibility required to benefit from the scheme. Hence, all the readers are advised to read the complete article and get all the information about the scheme.
Key Points of Swasthya Sathi Scheme 2022
|Article Category||WB Health Scheme|
|Name of the Scheme||Swasthya Sathi Scheme|
|Level||State Level Scheme|
|Launched by||Government of West Bengal|
|Objective||Provide health services|
|Beneficiary||Citizens Of West Bengal|
|Benefit Amount||5 lakh|
|Scheme Launched on||30 December 2016|
|Toll-Free Helpline No.||18003455384|
On 1st December 2020, the government of West Bengal launched a campaign called the ‘Duare Sarkar’ campaign. The term means the ‘government at your doorstep’. With this campaign, the state government is now ready to provide the benefits of about 12 schemes to the people of West Bengal. To increase the reach of the campaign, the state government has organised the ‘Duare Sarkar Camps’. Therefore, people can visit these camps and avail the benefits of various schemes.
The Swasthya Sathi Scheme is also one of such schemes by the state government. The Scheme offers the citizens of West Bengal, a smart card through which they can avail of healthcare benefits cover up to 5 Lakh. The scheme was announced for the first time in February 2016 and was officially launched on 30th December 2016 by the Chief Minister of West Bengal. It is a cashless health Scheme to get all the health-related cost benefits.
The state-Level Implementation Committee (SLIC) is the institution responsible to implement the scheme. In addition to this Swasthya Sathi Samiti is another body responsible to monitor the effective implementation of the scheme. The main aim of the scheme is to provide financial aid to the citizens of West Bengal. The government is providing these benefits regardless of the status, profession and economic status of an individual.
Also Check out >> Ayushman Bharat Yojana
So, we request all the readers to read the complete information before finally applying for the smart card scheme. Earlier, the benefits of this scheme were limited to the oldest female member of the family. Now, the benefits of this scheme have been extended to all the citizens of the state. The government also witnesses the scheme as a step towards women empowerment. Because the main beneficiaries under the scheme are the women of West Bengal.
Update on the Swasthya Sathi Scheme 2022
As per the latest update by the state government, now, all the citizens of West Bengal can avail benefits of the scheme.
It is expected, that the annual cost of this project will be around INR 2000 crore. Also, the funds for the scheme are 100% provided by the West Bengal government. It shares no ties with the Central Government.
Key Features of the Swasthya Sathi Yojana
- Insurance Partners who will provide the Insurance cover under the scheme are National Insurance Company, Orientals Insurance Company and United India Insurance Company covering six, nine and eight districts respectively in different clusters.
- The benefit amount of the insurance is INR 1.5 lakh
- Basic health cover amount is INR 5 lakh which will be given to every family in West Bengal
- The Health cover amount will be disbursed annually
- It is a paperless, cashless process based on the smart card facility
- The scheme covers all the pre-existing diseases as well.
- There is no bar on the size of the family. Benefits will not vary according to family size.
- The scheme includes the beneficiaries parents of both spouses.
- State Government will be responsible to pay the premium under the scheme. The beneficiary of the scheme does not have to pay any amount.
The newly launched scheme will benefit 7.5 crore people of the state. Also, it aims to cover all the families in West Bengal under the scheme. The Scheme offers a smart card, which the government will issue on the name of the female member of the family. People can undergo any type of treatment with the card, without paying any amount. Furthermore, the Civil Volunteers will also get insurance coverage. Also, additional benefits will be SHGs, ASHA, ICDS and ANMs under the Scheme
In addition to this, the scheme also offers different services under the scheme. All the services are under the digital mechanism and are accessible through a digital medium. Thus, making the scheme paperless. The services offered by the scheme include:
- Grading of hospital-based on infrastructure and services
- Empanelment of Hospitals
- Real-Time data
- Cashless procedure
- SMS alerts on card blocking
- E-Health Record- maintains the data on discharge of the patients
- Smaller Turn Around Time (TAT)- 30 days
- Interest charging on payment delay
- Call Centre Services- as a part of feedback acceptance (18003455384)
- Online Grievances and 24*7 call support
- Swasthya Sathi Android Mobile App to assist the beneficiaries
Swasthya Sathi Smart Card
The Swasthya Sathi Scheme also includes the procurement of a smart card. These cards will be given to the citizens, who will become the beneficiary under the scheme. As a part of the campaign, one card will be issued to each family of the state. Also, this card will be ready to use in all private and government hospitals of the State. It will hold all the details of the family including information like the number of family members, photographs, phone number, biometric identity, Address and SECC ID.
To avail of the benefits of the scheme, the criteria of eligibility is not very extensive. Anyone who wants to apply should check the complete criteria and apply for the scheme. Any person who want to avail the benefits should:
- Be a Permanent Resident of West Bengal
- He/ She should not be registered under any other health scheme of the state government
- Smart Card will be issued only to the Female members of the family
- Registered under the RSBY
- Falls under the BPL Category
Registration under the WB health Smart Card Scheme
To process to register under the scheme and avail of the smart card benefits is an offline process. Under the offline process, people will register for the scheme through the ‘Duare Sakar’ camps. Anyone who wants to apply can apply by filling the Application Form. The Application Form/ ‘Form B‘ is available on the official portal of the government. Otherwise, we have also provided the Application form below in PDF format. Download the form, fill in all the details and register successfully.
Citizens can also register through any nearby Medical centres. Attach all the documents required along with the application form. The documents will then be verified. After that, you will get a Login ID which you can use to log in on the official portal of the scheme and carry on with the further process. After logging in with the provided User ID, people can also get their Digital Smart Cards.
Other documents required for the registration are:
- Common ID cards like Aadhar Card, Voter ID cards and Digital ID Cards.
- Official Domicile
- BPL Certificate
- Registration Certificate from the SHGs/ Medical Organization
- Authorized document issued by the state government
As you register for the scheme, you will receive an SMS alert with your district code and a serial number. Also, a URN (Unique Registration Number) will be generated for you. After that, you will receive your smart card within a week.
To edit or correct the application, people can visit the district KIOSKs
Process to Apply for Swasthya Sathi Scheme
We are presenting a step by step procedure. Therefore the citizens of West Bengal, who want to apply for the scheme. There are different procedures to apply for all four. They can follow these steps and apply them easily.
- Firstly, Visit the official portal of the Swasthya Sathi Scheme @swasthyasathi.gov.in. As you click on the link to the official website mentioned above, a homepage of the website will open. It is depicted below.
- As you click on the tab showing ‘Apply Now‘, you will see a list of 4 different options. Click on any one of these which you want to apply for.
How to login into Swasthya Sathi portal?
- Visit the official website
- Click on the ‘Login‘ option available under the section
- It will redirect you to a new page
- Fill in all your details here
- Click on ‘Login‘
WB Smart Card Registration Status
The official Swasthya Sathi portal also offers the provision to check the status of your registration.
To check the Hospital Registration status, you need to click on the icon of ‘Check Hospital Registration Status‘ listed under the ‘Apply Now’ tab on the official webpage. It will open another redirected page where you can check the status of registration.
How to register for treatment outside West Bengal?
Under the Scheme, the government is also offering treatment outside the state, in case someone needs to do so. The government has detailed the process in the pdf. We have provided the PDF for the same, at the end of this article. You can download the Pdf and understand the whole procedure before you can finally apply.
Any citizen who wants to do treatment outside can apply for the scheme by following the procedure detailed below.
- Visit the official portal. Click on the icon of ‘Apply Now’. A list will be generated showing all the options, click on the option of ‘Registration for Treatment Outside of West Bengal’.
- A page will open like the one depicted below. Fill your URN, Mobile No, and OTP obtained.
- Completing the process, Click on the option showing ‘Submit‘
How to check Name in the WB Smart Card Beneficiary List?
All those people who have registered under the scheme can check their names on the Beneficiary list. To check, your name in the list, the process to follow is:
- On the Official webpage, click on the tab showing ‘Find Your Name‘, displayed at the top of the home page.
- As you click on the option, you will be redirected to another page which will be one like shown below.
- Enter your Mobile Number, an OTP will be generated. Select the Find Name for yourself or Other.
- Click on ‘Submit’.
How to do a Swasthya Sathi Hospital Registration?
If you want to register under a Hospital and you clicked on the tab of ‘Hospital Registration‘. A new page will open after you click on this tab. The new page will open, where you have to fill in the complete details including your name, district, Hospital category, etc.
Fill in all the details and click on ‘Submit’ button available at the end.
Process to view Information about the Swasthya Sathi hospital
If you want to get any information about any hospital facility under the scheme. You can do so by the following this process:
- Visit the official page of the scheme. Click on the tab showing ‘Hospital Information’ available on the homepage.
- You will be able to see a list with four types:
- Active Hospital List
- Hospital Facility Details
- HR Details
- Hospital Service Details
- Clicking on any of these, a new page will open, where you need to fill in all the details and continue with the procedure.
|Active Hospital Details||Hospitals|
|Application to enrol under the Swasthya Sathi Scheme||Form B|
|Swasthya Sathi Package Details||Package|
Swasthya Sathi Scheme FAQs
It is a scheme launched by the government of West Bengal. The scheme aims to provide health cost cover benefits to its citizens.
No, the OPD treatment of any type is not under the scheme. However, you are admitted after it, the cost of OPD will also be included as a part of Pre-hospitalization expanses.
Yes. Each individual hospitalized can get an allowance of INR 200.
If anyone is undergoing treatment in a government hospital. He/ She is eligible to receive an allowance of INR 400-700 for transport.
Anyone who is a resident of West Bengal is eligible to avail of the benefits of the scheme. The Smart Cards under the scheme will be issued to the female family member.
A smart card is a Digital Health Card. The card will be issued to the people as they register for the scheme. It will give the benefit of free healthcare without paying anything for the treatment.
An amount of INR 5 Lakh will be given to all the Citizens of the state.
No. The scheme is a floater scheme, which means that INR 5 lakh will be given collectively to the whole family.
The benefit amount of INR 5 lakh is an annual amount that will be renewed every year.