The government of Bengal has formulated yet another scheme for the people of the state. The scheme is a package scheme that has been specifically designed for the poor, underprivileged citizens of West Bengal. The scheme will cover all the SC/ ST/ Adivasi citizens of the state. So, all the residents of the West Bengal who belong to any of these categories must check out this article. In this article, we will discuss this scheme in detail. Readers will get information on the WB Joy Bangla Pension Scheme Registration form, related benefits, essential documents, eligibility for the scheme and more. Thus, readers must read the article till the end to get some exclusive information about the scheme.
Table of Contents
|West Bengal Govt Schemes
|Name of the Scheme
|WB Joy Bangla Pension Scheme
|State Level Scheme
|Govt. of West Bengal
|CM Mamata Banerjee
|To provide pension benefits
|Monthly pension of Rs. 600 to Rs. 1000
|Old age poor citizens of the state
WB Joy Bangla Pension Scheme
The Joy Bangla Pension Scheme has been launched by the Chief Minister of the West Bengal state, Ms Mamata Banerjee for all the old age residents of the state. The scheme was started in different phases. One of the phases will specifically provide end benefits to the backward sections of the society including the Scheduled Tribe and Scheduled Caste residents of the state.
For the residents of the state, belonging to the Scheduled Caste, Taposali Bandhu Pension Scheme is being promised and for the Scheduled Tribe residents, the scheme Jai Johar scheme is announced. Under the Jai Johar scheme, the government has fixed a budget of Rs. 500 crore. Thus, covering all the people from the poor sections of the society. The WB Joy Bangla Pension Scheme will also extend these benefits to the disabled citizens under these categories.
The Scheme aims to benefit about 21 Lakh old residents of the West Bengal state. The scheme will also cover all the widow and physically disabled citizens as well. The total budget for the scheme has not yet been announced by the government. Although the government promises the monthly pension amount of a maximum of Rs. 1000 to all the old age people.
Benefits under the WB Joy Bangla Pension Scheme
The scheme of Bangla Joy offers benefits similar to any other pension scheme under the state but all of its benefits limit to only the SC, ST citizens under the state. These benefits will be provided in the form of monthly pension instalments. Also, the instalment amount is different for each of the two categories.
|Name of the Scheme
|Taposali Bandhu Pension Scheme
|INR 600/ month
|Jai Johar Scheme
|INR 1000/ month
Eligibility Criteria for the scheme
To get consideration for the pension offered under the scheme, the applicant will have to fulfil some of the criteria, following which the applicant will be selected as a beneficiary. These eligibility criteria are:
|The candidate applying for the scheme must not be less than 60 years of age.
|The applicant willing to be the beneficiary under the scheme must be a resident of the West Bengal state.
|A beneficiary must belong to the Scheduled Tribe or Scheduled Caste Category.
|The beneficiary must lie under the economically vulnerable limit.
|He/ She must not be registered or be availing the benefits of any other government scheme.
Apart from this the citizen willing to avail the benefits of the scheme must also have an operative/ active bank account.
Documents Required for registration
Before all the possible beneficiaries under the scheme go on to apply for the scheme, the citizens must also possess some documents. These documents will aid the candidate to claim the benefits of the scheme. We are listing all these documents below.
- Aadhar Card
- Voter ID as Identity Proof
- Caste Certificate
- Certificate/ Proof of Income (self-attested)
- BPL Certificate
- Ration Card
- Residential Proof (self-attested)
- Educational Qualification certificate (if any)
- Bank details- Bank Passbook copy
- Digital Certificate issued by the Authority
Online Registration for WB Joy Bangla Pension Scheme
All the applicants who are willing to apply/ register for this pension scheme must know that the application process for this scheme is offline. So, any citizen who falls under the eligibility criteria of the scheme can easily apply for it. The applicants will have to download the application, take a print out and fill in the application. To download the application, residents can follow these steps:
- Go to the official website of the West Bengal Government.
- On the homepage, the user will see a PDF link to download the application form.
- Download the application form. Fill in all the details mentioned in the form.
- Attach all the documents required in the registration, along with the application form.
- After that, submit this application to the Block Development Officer (BDO) of your area (if rural).
- In case the applicant resides in urban areas, the applicant will submit his/her application to the Sub-Divisional Officer under the Municipal Corporation.
We are providing below the direct Link to download the PDF Application From. Interested citizens of the state can simply click on the link and download the application.
Process of Beneficiary Selection in the WB Joy Bangla Pension Scheme
As soon as the applicants submit his/ her application to the concerned authorities, a set of procedures will follow.
- After the applicant submits the application to the concerned authority, it will be thoroughly examined by the BDO or SDO as per the rural and the urban area application respectively.
- The officers will verify the eligibility of all the applicants based on which the applications will be selected.
- All of the chosen application details are then updated on the official state government portal.
- After that, the BDO/ SDO will forward the beneficiary list to the District Magistrate, who will forward the application to the nodal department.
- The Nodal Department will then sanction the pension amount in the name of the beneficiary.
- The benefit amount of the scheme will be sent to the registered account of the applicant through the WBIFMS, West Bengal portal.
After Death Process under the scheme
Post the death of the applicant who is the beneficiary under the scheme there are other procedures. These processes are essential to avoid the illegal use of the funds offered to the old citizens.
- As soon as the death of the candidate is confirmed by the prior adequate investigation, the pension of the beneficiary will be seized.
- The last monthly amount if not collected will be given to the beneficiary’s nominee after the death. (The nominee will be a person registered in the application of the beneficiary).
Link to the Official Website- WB Joy Bangla Pension Scheme
Frequently Asked Questions
How will the money be transferred to the beneficiaries under the WB Joy Bangla Pension Scheme
The amount money will be transferred to the beneficiary via the direct bank transfer.
When will I get my Joy Bangla pension?
The pension will be credited to the valid account of the beneficiary every month on the 1st day.
When will the application start for the Joy Bangla Pension Scheme?
The application for the scheme is open for all the citizens since 1st of April 2020.
What is the official website of the West Bengal Joy Bangla Pension Scheme?
As of now, there is no specific portal for the scheme, the application is being carried on the state government portal only. Residents can apply on www.jaibangla.wb.gov.in or wb.gov.in.
If you have any suggestions/ questions related to this article, you can comment in the box below. We will help you in the best possible way.