West Bengal Marriage certificate: The State Government of West Bengal has released the online portal for marriage registration, from where people can easily fill and submit the WB Marriage certificate application form. Before the release of the registration portal, all the people have to visit the court for the registration process. The government makes marriage registration mandatory from 14th Feb 2014, but at that time this online portal is not available and by the year 2018, to facilitate the services, the government launched the online portal of the Marriage Registration, to make the process easy and simple.
For the registration, you do not need to hire an advocate or lawyer, because this marriage registration has not been done in court. For the West Bengal marriage certificate registration process, you need a Marriage officer which was appointed by the Department of Judicial, of the West Bengal Government or as well as by the Ex Officio Marriage Officers, which was appointed by the Department of Finance.
To get details about the online registration process of the WB marriage certificate, or about the Marriage officer, go through the whole article, get the full information about the process.
WB Marriage Registration Portal
The government of West Bengal has been released the MC portal on 1st Dec 2018, for the convenience of Bengal’s people. The government makes it online, of course, one reason is to make the process easy, but updating the data online increases the authenticity, which reduces the fake documentation. And easy to get the details about the couple for any legal document process. Hence, it is important for each couple to be registered in the online portal, to get the advantage of government-provided services.
By applying for such a certificate increases the value, and is also essential for the innovative services generated by the government. With the help of the online portal, the government makes the process very fast and also preserves the data of Polygamy, Grant citizenship, legal separation, and other legal and social angles.
Purpose of WB Marriage Certificate Portal
The main purpose of this online web portal of the marriage certificate, create more value to the relationship, and most of the couples take the benefits of the various schemes, which was generated for the families. So if they are registered couples, then only they can take the benefit of it. In this way, the government will help the needy families, after the verification, which can be done through this portal.
Key highlights of WB Marriage Registration Online
In this section we describe the key points about the article in the table form so that you can get an idea, what is all about, check the below block:
|Department Name||Law Department Register General of Marriages|
|Category||Registration of Marriage certificate|
|Issued Authority||West Bengal Government|
|The online portal started on||1st December 2018|
|Status of Application Form||Active|
|Beneficiary||newly married couples|
|Benefit||Easily get the MC by using this portal|
|Official web portal||www.rgmwb.gov.in|
West Bengal Marriage Certificate Act
According to the official guidelines, couples can apply for one of the marriage acts, which is as follows:
- Special Marriage Act 1954
- Parsi Marriage and Divorce Act 1936
- Hindu Marriage Act 1955
- Indian Christian Marriage Act 1872
These above mention acts are applicable as per the different communities or religions of the society, which means:
- If a person belongs to the Hindu community which includes Virashaiba, Lingayat, or the follower of Arya Samaj or Brahmo Prathana they can undergo the process of the Hindu Marriage Act 1955. The Act is also applicable for the Jaina, Sikh, or Buddhist.
- The Special Marriage Act-1954 is applicable when both bride and broom belong from a different cast, but in this case, the bride should be 21 or 18 years.
- Parsi Marriage and Divorce Act 1936, is applicable for the Parsi society only,
- For Christians, the Indian christen Marriage Act 1872, is applicable.
Eligibility Criteria for West Bengal Marriage Certificate
There are some of the basic criteria, in which each candidate has to be fit, see the below mention list:
- The Bride and groom should be more than 18 or 21 years respectively.
- Both bride and the groom is not in the prohibited relationships
- Any one of them is a relative of each other.
Documents Required for WB Marriage Registration
Here we mention the list of the required document, which you have to be submitted or uploaded along with the application form. So the list of the documents is as follows:
|Wedding Photograph of Bride and Groom||Birth Certificate, which has been submitted as Age proof|
|Residential addresses (both Permanent, or Present Address) have to be submitted||Signature of Bride and Groom: it has to be done, which show the mutual decision of both of them|
|Aadhaar Card (both bride and groom) is used as an Identification proof||Copy of invitation Card– submitted as evidence of marriage|
Advantages of Marriage Registration/Certificate
It is important to know, where you can use this Marriage certificate, as a verification process, so the details are a follows:
- It is valuable proof of the marriage.
- A marriage certificate is applicable for the visa process as well.
- Useful for the bank claims and Life insurance as well, in case one of the insurers died then the nominee can claim for that.
- With the help of a marriage certificate, you can claim the Inherited property.
|Within 2 Months of Wedding||Rs.200|
|After 2 Months of Wedding||Rs. 400|
How to check the Fees for WB Marriage Registration
The fees structure vary from Act to act, different acts have fees structure, for the different certificate. To check the fee structure, as per your category, follow the below mention steps:
- Visit the official site of the West Bengal Marriage certificate,
- Then click on the Public Services
- From where you have to choose the option of Fees
- After clicking on the option, the Fees Structure will open on your screen,
- choose your Act from the drop-down box,
- The details will appear on your screen, now you will get all the information about the fee structure.
Application Process for West Bengal Marriage Certificate
If you want to do online registration for the West Bengal Marriage Certificate, then by following the below process, you can easily apply;
- Go to the official site rgmwb.gov.in, and
- Click to the register option, on the homepage,
- The link will direct you to the new page, where you will get the instruction,
- Go through the instruction carefully, and click on the proceed option,
- Once you click on the option, you will get the application form,
- Where you have to choose the relevant act and then proceed further,
- Now start filling the application form, by entering the following details,
Details of Groom/ Bride
|Full Name||Select Type of Guardian||Mother Name|
|Religion||Date Of Birth||Father Name|
|Aadhaar No.||Mobile No.||Email Id|
|Occupation||Present address detail||Nationality|
|Permanent Address||Current Marital Status||Upload Documents|
|BPL (Yes/ No)||Image||Signature|
|Details of the Social Marriage||-location of marriage|
-Scan copy of Invitation Card
|Details of the Marriage officer||-Choose marriage officer|
|Registration Details||-Location of Registration|
- After Filling in all the details, write the captcha codes,
- tick to the declaration option, and click to the submit option,
- For future ref., you can take the printout of it.
How To Track Registration Form of WB Marriage Certificate
After applying, if you want to track the application form, you have to visit the official site., and follow the below process:
- Click on the Public Info option,
- And select the Application Status,
- On the next page, choose the type of application:
- Application For Marriage
- Application For Objection
- After selecting enter the Application Number,
- The status will come on your screen.
Process to Search for Marriage Officer
If you do not know the nearby MO department, then this section will be very helpful for the search of the MO. To search for the MO, you have to visit the West Bengal Online Marriage Registration Portal, the link is given below of this article.
From the Homepage of the web portal, you have to click on the Public service, and select Search MO. The New page will be open to your screen, on which you have to choose Search Criteria (location-wise/ MO Name wise)
In the Location Wise category:
- you have to choose Type of the MO from the available option,
- Select the Location
- Select the Police Station
- Then the list will appear, like the one below image;
By MO Name wise;
- Simply, you have to choose the option,
- The new page, will open, where you have to enter the Name of the MO, and Search.
Request to change the West Bengal Marriage Officer for the registration
To change for the Marriage Officer, open the https://rgmwb.gov.in/,and click to the Services. From where you have to click on the Transfer Option. Then, on the next page you have to enter the following details:
- Enter Application No.
- Date of Birth of Groom
- Date Of Birth of Bride
- Write the reason behind changing the MO
- Enter the security code
- Click to the submit option
- Write down the request ID, for future reference.
By following this process, your request will be sent to the concerned department, then after the confirmation, you will be able to change the Marriage Officer.
Process to submit the Feedback
In the feedback, you can write both negative and positive concerns, in the expectation column, and rate as per the services provided. To fill in the feedback, from the official portal, you have to scroll down, where you will get the option feedback. Click on the option, next page will open on your screen, in which you have to write your Name, Email-Id, rate the portal, for the level of Satisfaction and Experience. And also, write the Expectation, and click on the Submit option. The form will look like the below image:
Key Features about the Marriage Acts
As you see, on the above columns, where you will find the four marriage acts, here in this section, we mention some of the salient features of these acts, which will be beneficial for you to know, the details are as follows:
|Special Marriage Act 1954||Parsi Marriage and Divorce Act 1936||Hindu Marriage Act 1955||Indian Christian Marriage Act 1872|
|▪ Both men and women should be 21 years at least.|
▪They have to stay together for at least 30days, after marriage.
▪ Their objection period is 30 days.
▪ Both of them have to submit their age and address proofs.
|▪ Need two witnesses for the process of Ashirvad|
▪ Remarriage when Unlawful
▪ Punishment is the bigamy
▪ Certificate of registry
|▪ Girl’s age-minimum 18year and Man’s age minimum 21 years|
▪ Post marriage registration
▪ 7 days is the objection period
▪ If no objection is received within seven days, couples will be registered.
▪The applicant should belong to the Hindus, Virshaiba, Lingayat, Buddhist, Jain, Sikh, followers of Brahma
Samaj, Prarthana Samaj and Arya Samaj.
|▪the age of the person must be at least 21 years|
▪the license grant to those couples, who are Christian
▪Appoint Marriage Registrar
▪ The marriage solemnized b/w 6 Am to 7 Pm
Important Guidelines for West Bengal Marriage Registration
- Candidates should be self-signed on the beneath of the photograph and remember that the signature must be full.
- The picture should be clear, with no harsh shadow or no squinting, in case you have taken the picture on a sunny day.
- Avoid Red eye, by using flash, by clicking the photographs.
- Avoid reflections, while wearing glasses on your eye, so that your eyes should be seen clearly. Try to use the light color frames, or avoid the use of specs.
- Religious headwear is allowed but it should not cover your mouth
- While clicking the photographs, caps, hats, or dark glasses are not allowed to wear.
- The scan of the photo should be in the image format, other formats are not acceptable
- The scanner resolution must be a minimum of 200 dpi i.e. dots per Inch, and true color should be used before scanning.
- The candidate must sign the documents, either by using a black or blue pen, on plain white paper.
- By doing the scanning, keep the photographs at the right place, so that they should be clearly visible, without any haziness or cut image.
- The edge of the photograph should be cropped properly, after scanning,
- The height of the photograph should be 3.5 cm and 4.5 cm width and height respectively, i.e. 132px (width), and 170px (height).
- The image should be select in the format of. PNG files., JPEG and. JPG
- The size of the file should be 50Kb, and a maximum of 300 Kb.
- Keep the legibility, resize the file in the correct manner only.
- If it shows, that your photograph is not clear so that you can re-upload it, before the submission of the form.
Important Links of WB Marriage portal
|Apply Online Link||Click Here|
|Online Registration Link||Check Here|
|Marriage Registration form PDF Download||Click Here|
|For Fees Structure||Check Here|
|Track Application Status Online||Visit Here|
|Search For Marriage Officer||Search Here|
|Request For Change the Marriage Officer||Visit Here|
|WB marriage registration Official Portal||Click Here|
As per the official portal, there are two types of MO which are: Ex-officio Marriage officers, and Non-Official Marriage Officers.
The Parsi Marriage Act was applicable for Parsis and Zoroastrians.
For the West Bengal Marriage Certificate, you have to go through the official portal, i.e. www.rgmwb.gov.in
Yes, you need a witness for the confirmation process of the Marriage registration.
There are two ways, through which you can fill the MC application Form i.e. online and offline methods.