WB Kharif Paddy Procurement Scheme | Kharif Paddy Procurement Scheme Application Form | WB Kharif Paddy Procurement Scheme Online Apply
Agriculture is the main occupation of the state of West Bengal like various other states in India. When it comes to Rice/ Paddy production, West Bengal is one of the top rice-producing states in the country. To help the Kharif Paddy farmers of the state, the government decided to roll out a new scheme called WB Kharif Paddy Procurement Scheme. The scheme was introduced to procure a maximum quantity of paddy from the state farmers for PDS by the Department of Food & Supplies, Govt. of WB.
Every year state government set a target to procure a specific amount of crop from farmers for PDS. Every year govt fix an MSP for fair Average Quality of paddy and the basis of that farmers cultivate their crop for Kharif season. The MSP fixed for paddy per quintal for the year 2020-21 was Rs.1868 for Common Variety and Rs.1888 for Grade A variety.
Table of Contents
WB Kharif Paddy Procurement Scheme
Since the announcement of the scheme, the state government is trying to reach out to the maximum number of farmers so that the stock of rice at the Public Distribution System can be maintained. The government aims to enrol as many farmers in this scheme so that the procurement process can be increased. WB Govt has also announced to provide free rice to nearly 10 crore citizens of the state through the ration shops. In this article, we will be sharing information about the WB Kharif Paddy procurement scheme in detail such as features of this scheme, timeline, benefits, paddy procurement details etc.
An Overview WB Kharif Paddy Procurement
|Scheme||WB Kharif Paddy Procurement Scheme|
|Article category||WB Govt Scheme|
|Concerned Dept.||Department of Food & Supplies, Govt. of WB|
|Objective||To support farmers of the state by procuring paddy for state PDS|
|Online System||Online Paddy Procurement System|
Benefits of Kharif Paddy Procurement Scheme
- Farmers registered under this scheme get the appropriate price for their crop.
- High-interest rate is provided in Kharif Paddy which helps to boost the economy of the state.
- Increased Maximum Selling Price (MSP).
- Procurement of rice helps to maintain a regular supply of rice for the State PDS system.
- Helps farmers to get the best price for their paddy crops.
- Procurement of paddy from farmers encourages them to grow more which helps to increase their income.
- Paddy procurement also helps in maintain a sufficient amount of stock for Public Distribution System.
Those who wish to get registered under this scheme have to meet the eligibility criteria as specified by the government. Some of the basic requirements for registration under this scheme are as follows-
- For registration, the applicant must be a farmer working in the state of West Bengal.
- Applicant must be a permanent resident of the state as this scheme is only for the farmers of the state.
- Applicant must possess the land and should have supporting documents.
Registration of Farmers
Farmers can sell their crops under the WB Kharif Paddy Procurement scheme, only if they are registered. To check all the details related to Paddy Procurement, The Department of Food & Supplies, Govt. of WB with the help of NIC has launched an online portal named Online Paddy Procurement System. Check information related to farmer’s registration given below.
- Registration of farmers can be done using Online paddy procurement system of State Food and Supplies Dept. at any Purchase Centre by the concerned person.
- All the “Krishak Bandhu” farmers who are not registered for this scheme, can also register at any of the Purchase center. They are not required to provide their land documents.
- Those who have already registered in the previous KMS (Kharif Marketing Season) can continue for the present. They are notified through an SMS notification about the selling of their produce at the purchase centre.
Documents Required for WB Kharif Paddy Procurement
To register under this scheme, farmers must provide all the requisite documents in original. Have a look at the list of all the required documents shared as under-
- Aadhaar Card of the applicant farmer
- Proof of Address
- Land Documents
- Self-Declaration with details of land ownership (if applicable)
- Details of Bank Account/ Pass Book
- Passport sized photograph
- Mobile No.
Change/Updating Farmer’s details
If a farmer registered under Kharif Paddy Procurement Scheme wish to make changes in his particulars such as bank details, mobile number or land details, then they have to visit the Purchase Centre at the concerned district. They have to carry all their documents along with them.
Rice Mill Registration Process
Using the paddy procurement online portal, one can register for Rice Mill. Check the step-by-step process below-
- Go to the official paddy procurement portal. Link mentioned below.
- Click on “Rice Mill Registration” link.
- Click on “Register Here” link.
- Rice Mill Request form will open.
- Fill Details like, district, state, Rice mill name, miller name, Mobile no., OTP, Email Id, and verify it.
- Proceed by clicking on “Submit” button.
- Registration process will be completed.
- Username and Password will be generated and sent to registered mobile number.
- Keep these details safe for WB Kharif Paddy Procurement login purpose.
To log in to check KMS (Kharif Marketing Season) for a particular year, users need to follow the given instructions-
- Visit official portal
- Click on the “Login” tab on the menu bar of the homepage.
- Enter the Username and Password received at the time of registration.
- Enter the captcha code and click on the “Submit” button.
- KMS details for the respective season will open.
- In case, the user has forgotten the password, they can recover it by clicking on the “Forget Password” link.
Khadyashree Bhawan 11A,
Mirza Ghalib Street,
Toll-Free No.- 1800 345 5505/ 1967
The main purpose of the scheme is to procure paddy from the farmers of the state for PDS to help both farmers and the government.
Farmers can register by visiting the Purchase center in their district.
Farmers have to bring their produce to the concerned purchase center of their district.
No, they are not required to produce their land details for registration under this scheme.
Registered users have to enter their username and password generated at the time of registration for logging into the portal.