A marriage certificate is an essential legal document that states that the two people are married. This acts as the validity of the marriage between two people. It also serves its purpose in various processes. The Supreme Court of India made it compulsory to register marriages in 2006. There are three Acts in India for marriage registration. The Hindu Marriage Act of 1955 – Hindu community, The Special Act of 1954 all the citizens of India, and The Muslim Act of 1954 – the Muslims of India. AP Marriage certificate process is now online thus making it easier.
In order to get the marriage certificate the minimum ages of both males and females should be 21 and 18 years respectively. It is a punishable crime to make a girl marry before 18 years of age.
In this article, you will be able to see various interesting information related to marriage registration. How to register the marriage registration and how to reissue the marriage certificate? How marriage registration process is carried out in Andhra Pradesh? All these will be answered in the article so do read it.
AP Marriage Certificate Registration
The government of Andhra Pradesh has made the Marriage Registration Certificate mandatory. The registration can be applied through the Sub Registrar. This will ensure verification and validation in the eyes of law. The ritual traditional marriage is important but is not valid till it’s not documented in papers. The Hindu Marriage Act works when both bride and bridegroom are Hindu’s. If the male and female belonged to different caste they cannot be registered under Hindu Marriage Acts. Both parties are needed to submit the application form with their signature. Further, submit it. You might need more documents for registration with an affidavit of Notary to prove couples’ marriage.
Whereas, other religions belonged to marriage comes under Special Marriage Act 1954. If the bride is Hindu and the groom is Christian then their marriage will be registered under this Act. And if both bride and groom are Muslims then it comes under Muslim Marriage Act 1954.
The Documents needed in registration should be attested by Gazetted Officer. The fee charged for an application form might differ but it is Rs 200 for the Special Marriage Act. There are some conditions under the Hindu Marriage Act that should be fulfilled for the marriage to be considered legal and valid. If Sec.5 and Sec.7 of the Hindu Marriage Act can be seen in marriage further, that marriage is not valid.
Key points of AP Marriage Registration
In Andhra Pradesh, those who want to apply for registration of marriage can either apply to any of the authorities in respect to the terms of the Marriage Registration or through an online portal in addition, which makes it much easier and efficient.
|Name||Andhra Pradesh Marriage Registration|
|Organization||Commissioner & Director of Municipal Administration Govt. of AP|
|Eligibility||Female’s age – 18 above|
Male’s age- 21 above
|Appliers||All the married couples|
|Processing time||7 days|
|Portal||C&DMA / MeeSeva|
|Marriage Registration||Special Marriage Act – Rs 200|
|Validity||for lifetime exception in case of divorce|
|Delayed Registration||Penalty is issued|
Documents Required to apply for AP marriage certificate
The documents required by both bride and bridegroom while applying for the marriage registration are fundamentally the same. The documents one needs to prepare are given below-
- Marriage Invitation card
- Memorandum of Marriage
- Age Proof
- Residence Proof
- 3 Passport Size photo of both
- SSC certificate of both
- An application form
Details Required AP Marriage Registration form
The necessary details needed for applying the marriage registration are
- Name of both partners (full)
- Both individuals religion and caste
- The exact age when the marriage occurred.
- Both Parties Rank of Profession
- Permanent Address before the marriage occurred
- DOB of both parties
- The Taluk and District’s place where marriage was arranged
- Date of marriage
- Fathers name in full (Both parties)
- Mothers name in full (Both parties)
- Two witnesses from both parties (full details i.e Name, Aadhar number, Occupation, Relationship with applicants, age, residence proof, photo )
Application process for Marriage Certificate in Andhra Pradesh?
The registration of the AP Marriage Certificate can be done both offline and online way. The government of Andhra Pradesh has made it online thus making it easy. Now the process of marriage registration can even be carried out from any place and anytime albeit by the authority. To make the registration easier for you we have listed each step systematically with clarity down below:
Under Special Marriage Act
- The applier first needs to visit the official website of Commissioner & Director of Municipal Administration, Government of Andhra Pradesh.
- Once the portal opens, click on the option Online services from the main menu.
- Thus, leading you to a drop-down list
- From the drop-down menu, click on the Marriage Registration option, where a sub-menu option will be open.
- From the two options click on, “File your new registration”.
- Hence, leading you to the page of New Marriage registration.
- Now in this stage, details are to be filled in, The name of the concerned District and Corporation, Municipality or NP.
- After filling in the details, click on the Submit button.
- Thus, it leads you to the Application form (Memorandum of Marriage) (Form B).
- The application form is divided into 3 parts.
- Here the candidate will fill all the information starting with general information.
- Next corner is Bridegroom Information section, where grooms details like Full name , Father’s name , religion etc is to filled .
- Now Bride Information is to be filled such as Name, Father’s name , religion etc is.
- Next Part contains information on the bride and grooms witness.
Groom and Bride’s sides witness
- In this part firstly fill, Bridegroom side witness First witness information in details.
- Next is details about Bride side witness information of first witness.
- Second witness information for both groom and bride.
- This part of form filling is to attach documents required. Their are two sub categories inside Checklist option- common document and individual document.
Common and Individual Documents
- Attach some common documents such as marriage invitation card etc
- Next attest individual documents such as Birth certificate, ration card etc
- Both individuals should attest to the documents separately.
- Finally, after finishing the details filling procedure submit it.
Reissue the Marriage Registration
The people who want to reissue the marriage registration can do it through an online portal. The applier needs to follow the same form as of AP Marriage Registration.
- Firstly visit the official website of the Commission and Director of Municipal Registration.
- Then click on the Online service option from the main menu.
- It leads to drop-down menu, from the drop-down menu click on the Marriage Registration option.
- Then sub menu will appear, click on Reissue Marriage Registration.
- It will open form B of Marriage Registration.
- Fill it with relevant details and attest to the required documents.
- Thus, submitting it finally.
AP Marriage Certificate under Hindu Marriage
The Hindu Marriage Act is applicable when both bride and groom are Hindu. The marriage of Hindus can be registered online through the MeeSeva portal and from the Registration and Stamps Department.
Registration and Stamps Department Procedure:
- Firstly, visit the official website of the Registration and Stamps Department.
- Then from the options New Initiatives on the screen, click on Online Hindu Marriage Registration.
- Here the application form will appear for registration of the Hindu marriage. Now fill in the relevant details with the required documents.
- First, Applicant details such as application number , mobile no etc.
- Then Particulars details of both husband and wife.
- Finally Document list and thus proceed further .
- Click on show payment.
- After confirming application charges payment, click on submit.
Offline Registration form
|Email Id||[email protected]|
|Address||Office of the Commissioner & Inspector General of Registration and Stamps,|
5-59, R.K.Spring Valley Apartments,
Edupugallu, Kankipadu Mandal,
A.P, Vijayawada – 521151
|Official Website – https://cdma.ap.gov.in/en|
|Special marriage Application form|
|Hindu Marriage Registration|
|Hindu Marriage Registration Application Form|
|National government service portal|
The Marriage Registration certificate is marriage proof in the eyes of law. It is compulsory to register your marriage else it is not a lawful marriage. The certificate is issued by the district marriage registrar under the acts of Hindu marriage, Special marriage and Muslim marriage.
Individuals can register marriage by both online and offline mode. For offline one has to go to the concerned authority and online just fill the form and submit it directly.
Form A is for Hindu Marriage Registration and Form B for Special Marriage Certificate.
Yes, Christians also register for marriage under the government of India. It is under the Indian Christian Marriage Act 1872.
No, such marriage is null and void with exceptions. In Muslims, 4 marriages are allowed and Goa Hindus are allowed to have bigamy. This is a punishable crime.
Generally, a marriage should be registered within a month of marriage. For up to 5 years of delay, it is handled by Sub-Registrar and if more than that then it will be handled by District Registrar.
It most probably takes 10-15 days to get a marriage certificate in hand in Andhra Pradesh.
Other State Marriage certificate
- West Bengal Marriage Registration
- Haryana Marriage Registration
- Odisha Inter-Caste Marriage Scheme
- Delhi Marriage Certificate
- Odisha Marriage Certificate Application
- Gujarat Marriage Certificate Apply
- Karnataka Marriage Certificate Apply Online
- Karnataka Saptapadi Vivah Yojana Registration
- Kalyana Lakshmi Scheme