Married residents of Gujarat have to register their marriage under Gujarat Act Number 16 of 2006. It is an act to furnish marriage registration or related concerns in the state. In case people have done re-marriage then also it is also important to register their marriage. All those aspirants who are have married recently can now apply for a Gujarat marriage certificate online. To know about the marriage registration procedure, we recommend you go through with the upcoming sections of this post. If you will not complete your marriage registration then you have to face consequences for it or miss out on so many things.
Gujarat Marriage Certificate
Civilians of Gujarat who are recently married or those who have not applied for a marriage certificate are requested to read this post. There is no choice to not apply for the Gujarat Marriage certificate as it is compulsory for all. Continue exploring the passage till the end, and comprehend all the information about the Gujarat marriage certificate.
|Category of Post||Gujarat Govt. Scheme|
|Official Portal Link||https://www.suratmunicipal.gov.in/|
|Name of State||Gujarat|
|Name of Act||Gujarat Act No. 16 of 2006|
|Scheme Initiated by||Government of Gujarat|
|Name of Certificate||Gujarat Marriage Certificate|
|Certificate Submission Mode||Online/ Offline Mode|
|Recipients||Married Couples of Gujarat|
|Key Benefit of Marriage Certificate||From this certificate, Spouse can prove their marriage legal|
Advantages of Gujarat Marriage Certificate
There are several benefits of having Gujarat Marriage registration which as explained as follows.
- Marriage certificate will help in adding the spouse’s name to your passport.
- For a spouse employment based visa, a Karnataka marriage certificate is needed.
- If a couple holds a marriage certificate, then only they will be considered legally married.
- According to the central and state government laws, couples having a certificate can take the advantages of tax that are not available for unmarried people.
- By using Karnataka marriage document, the husband and wife can open and manage a joint bank account.
- For claiming life insurance, bank deposit or mutual funds, Kar marriage certificate can be a valid document.
- In marital disputes, a marriage certificate will help as powerful evidence.
There are some essential eligibility criteria that have defined by higher officials which every couple needs to satisfy. In case any other bride or groom don’t fulfil the standards, then they can’t register their marriage and get a certificate. Have a look at the eligibility standards written below.
- The age of the bride should be 18 years or more.
- Age of the groom who has married must be 21 years minimum.
- Both husband and wife must be a civilian of India.
- No objection certificate will be needed in the case of a foreign partner.
Documents Required for Marriage Registration
At the time of form filling couples need to present these documents and which will be attached with the application form. It is recommended to all aspirants that do not show any inappropriate certificate else your registration shall be cancelled. Go through with the list given below containing the document names.
- Original Marriage Invitation Card
- Complete application form that is signed by both wife and husband.
- Two Passport Sized Photos of Applicants
- Identity Proof of Couples (PAN Card, Voter ID, Passport, etc.)
- Husband and Wife address proof like Electricity Bill, Telephone Bill, Ration Card, Driving License, etc (Name of Bride and Groom should be mentioned on it.
- Birth certificate or birth proof (10th Marksheet having DOB on it) must be presented by Husband and wife.
- Two pictures of a couple wearing their wedding dress and taking part in the marriage rituals.
- Witness of Couple Marriage
- Individual Affidavits of Marriage in the described format for Wife and Husband
- A family photograph of the couple that has clicked from the marriage
- Aadhaar Card of Both Bride and Groom
- Two affidavits of the couple, desire to marry with each other free from any type of threat are obliged.
Essential Note: All these certificates written above must be attested by Gazette Officer.
Information Needed of Bride and Groom
|Full Name||Valid Email Id||BPL (Yes/ No)||Signature of both Bride and Groom||Current Address Info||Mother Name|
|Photo of Applicant||Father Name||Current Marital Status||Nationality||Occupation||Select Type of Guardian|
|Religion of Couple||Date of Birth||Permanent Address||Active Mobile No.||Upload Documents||Aadhaar Number|
Application form for Gujarat Marriage Certificate
Couples of Gujarat who are looking for the procedure of applying for a marriage certificate in the state can follow the steps explained in the subsequent portion of this article.
- In the beginning step, residents have to go to the official web portal of the Municipal cooperation of Surat. The link of the official site is provided at the end of this article.
- Once the homepage will load on your screen, click the “Online Services” option.
- A drop-down box will appear on the home screen.
- Now, search the link of “Online Form” from the list shown.
- A new page will open on your screen in which all types are present.
- Scroll down the page and go to the “Marriage Registration” section, then download the form on your device.
- After that, candidates have to take a print out of that registration form and fill all the details on it.
- Then, attach all the necessary documents with the registration form and submit it to the Marriage Registrar Office.
- They will prescribe a date of documents verification, and on the given date, candidates have to appear at the office along with the witness.
- Sign the marriage registry, and after some days, officials will provide one copy of the marriage certificate to both husband and wife.
Apply for Digital Gujarat Marriage Certificate through rmc.gov.in
- Aspirants have to open the link of RMC official website i.e. rmc.gov.in.
- Select the “Forms” option from the menu of the home screen.
- On the next page, click the link for “Marriage Certificate (English or Gujarati)” under the “Marriage” section.
- The marriage registration form will open in PDF format on your screen.
- Download the form and take out a hard copy of it.
- Enter all your details on the application form and attach the essentials documents.
- Submit the marriage registration form to the concerning officer.
Gujarat Marriage Certificate Fee
- Candidates are required to pay 5 rupees in case they have applied for a certificate under 30 days of your marriage.
- If applicants have applied for a marriage certificate after 30 days of marriage, then 15 rupees will be paid by them.
- Couples registering for marriage after three months are needs to submit 25 rupees as a registration fee.
Procedure to Change Name in Marriage Certificate
For changing the name in Marriage certificate, go through with the easy steps illustrated below.
- First of all, aspirants are insist to get a notarized affidavit, which shows that the marriage is legal and they want to change their name.
- In favour of the respective department of Gujarat, a demand draft will be charged.
- You have to send the handwritten application to the gazetted officer in which you are requesting to change the name.
- With the application form and attach the print copy for your marriage certificate with it as proof of your name and marriage.
- Finally, send all the relevant documents to the concerning department via post.
- In 15 or 20 days, authorities will send a gazette notification to your address that can be referred as evidence of your changed name.
About Marriage Act
When two people marry, then it becomes necessary for them to register their marriages legally. After the formal registration of marriages, authorities issue the marriage certificate to the couple. In India, there are two main acts made for marriage specifically that the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955 and Special Marriage Act, 1954. Both bride and groom should belong to Sikhs, Hindus, Jains, Buddhists, or changes their regions to these can register under Hindu Marriage act. Couples who are married in any religion or done inter-religious marriage or people of India living in other countries can register through the Special Marriage Act. So, this is all about the Indian marriage act, now coming to our subject, in Gujarat also there is a marriage act released by government of the state.
Some Important Links
|Surat Municipal Corporation|
|Download Marriage Application form – In English|
|Download Marriage registration form – In Gujarati|
Marriage Certificate in Gujarat Related FAQ’s
Yes, it is necessary for both bride and groom to go the office of SDM personally.
After 1 month of marriage, officials will charge 15 rupees for marriage registration which candidates have to pay.
No, there is no fee for getting the marriage application from online.
Yes, in the absence of witness, the couple won’t be able to register their marriage. So, better to go along with your witness on the prescribed day.
There is no specific time, but as soon as the registration process will complete, officials will issue the marriage certificate.