Karnataka Marriage Certificate:- We hope you all know the term “Marriage Certificate”, which is an essential and statutory document that falls under Hindu Marriage Act, 1955 or Special Marriage Act 1954. A marriage certificate is a legitimate proof for those couples who have married in any of these marriages.
By keeping women’s rights in mind, the supreme court of India has made it obligatory for couples to register their marriages. So, it is advised to complete the marriage registration for all those citizens of India who are married but have not registered for it yet. Likewise, in Karnataka state government provides the facility of marriage registration through online/ offline mode.
Gather more details about the Karnataka marriage certificate from this post. Here we have explained comprehensive information regarding the subject like Karnataka marriage certificate application process, eligibility criteria, relevant documents required, etc.
Karnataka Marriage Certificate
It is important to hold a Karnataka marriage certificate for married couples of the state. A marriage certificate serves as the admissible evidence of a wedding among two people. Initially, for registration, the bride and groom have to visit the government marriage offices to register their marriage, but now they can do it online.
The government of Karnataka have launched an online portal named “Kaveri Online Services” for marriage certification. This portal will also lead the state to one step closure to digitalization. Kaveri online service is a web-based app which is developed by the Department of Stamps & Registration and the Karnataka government.
This website serves different services to the needy people of the state. In 2018, Kaveri online services portal has initiated in Karnataka state. In the upcoming sections of the article, the spouse will come to know about the steps of registering a marriage certificate online mode.
Requirement of Karnataka Marriage Certificate
- With the help of marriage, registered applicants can avail the different schemes of government.
- In case, bride want to change her name on any document, then marriage certificate will work as proof.
- By using marriage certificate, citizen can claim life insurance (if required).
- Karnataka marriage certificates can be used during divorce proceedings or child’s paternity.
- It will be evidence of marriage so that anyone cannot point out on one’s marriage.
Key Points related to Karnataka Marriage Certificate
|Marriage Official Portal||kaverionline.karnataka.gov.in|
|Portal Launched by||Government of Karnataka|
|Online Website Implementation in||2018|
|Name of the Certificate||Karnataka Marriage Certificate|
|Name of State||Karnataka|
|Mode to Apply for Marriage Certificate||Online and Offline Mode|
|Category of Post||Karnataka Govt. Scheme|
Eligibility Standards to Apply for Karnataka Marriage
Check out the eligibility criteria needed for marriage registration in Karnataka state. Applicants who will not satisfy the criteria are ineligible and can’t complete their marriage registration by any means.
- The age of Groom who wanted to register for marriage should more than 21 years.
- Bride should have completed 18 years in order to apply for marriage registration.
- Couple should be the citizens of Karnataka, India.
Requisite Document for Marriage Registration
While applying for a Karnataka marriage certificate, the bride and groom are required to submit the documents listed below of this portion. Do not present any false document for marriage certificate registration in any scenario.
- Application Form is filled and suitably signed by the bride & groom.
- Wedding Card (Original Card)
- Bride and Groom Resident Proof such as Voter ID, Passport, Driving License, Bill of Telephone, Electricity Bill, etc. Make sure that in the address proof, the name of the aspirant should be present.
- Groom and bride age proof, for example- 10th class scorecard or their passport.
- Bride and Groom two passport sized photo.
- Couple ID Proof
- Aadhaar card of Bride and Groom
- Six pictures of Bride and groom together in size of 2B.
- Bride and Groom individual marriage affidavits submitted in the directed format.
- Two photos of groom and bride with their marriage outfit and are present in the marriage ceremony (with families).
- In case bride changes her name after marriage, then its affidavit is needed.
- The publication where news of the bride’s name switch is declared.
- All the documents mentioned above should be self-attested.
- On the verification day, carry the original copy of all the certificates.
- It is necessary one of the couples holds govt. assigned address proof.
You may also check how to [Download] Delhi Marriage Certificate
Application process for Karnataka Marriage Certificate Online
By implementing the steps explained here, interested couples can easily get themselves registered through the Karnataka marriage online portal.
- In the beginning, aspirants have to visit the official web portal i.e. https://kaverionline.karnataka.gov.in/.
- If you are already a user, then do your login by inserting your username and password.
- In case you are a fresh user, then complete your registration first.
- For that, click the “Register as a New User” link.
- The registration form will display on your screen and enter your name, gender, address, mobile number and other information.
- Hit the “Register button”, and login credentials will be proffered to your registered mobile number.
- Now, login and fill all the data of bride and groom in “Marriage Registration Certificate”.
- Submit the application form.
- Next, aspirants have to print the acknowledgement slip in which a temporary number is allotted to the couple.
- Get a hard copy of the slip, and on the prescribed date, you need to visit the register along with the required witness and original documents.
- Then, the couple and the witness have to sign the registry of their marriage.
- In few days, the Karnataka marriage certificate will be issued to the spouse.
Offline Process of Applying for KAR marriage Marriage Document
If you are unable to register online for a marriage certificate, then try to submit the application form via the offline method. The complete offline registration process is illustrated in the up next segment of this passage.
- First of all, applicants have to download the marriage application form from the respective official portal. Or download the application form link given at the end of this post.
- After that, you need to fill in all your details correctly in the application form.
- Attach the scanned copy of the wanted certificates with the Karnataka marriage application form.
- Next, aspirants have to submit the complete form and attested testimonials to their nearest Sub Registrar Office.
- Higher officials will provide a specific time and date to candidates on which they have to come to the office with original documents and witnesses.
- Then, visit the Registrar office and sign on the marriage registry.
- Authorities will provide two copies of the certificate to the married couple, and the rest of it will be submitted for office record.
Karnataka Saptapadi Vivah Yojana Registration
Kar Marriage Registration Witness
In order to register marriage, a witness plays an important role. Without the signature of a witness, couples won’t be able to register their marriage. In order to be a witness, there few crucial rules that he/ she has to fulfil.
- The witness age must be 21 years or more.
- Moreover, only that person can become a witness who has attended the wedding of the bride and groom in person.
- The closest blood relation from both Groom and Bride side witness is selected.
You may also view Haryana Marriage Registration
Karnataka Marriage Registration Charges
- Under Hindu Marriage Act, no fee will be charged for marriage certificate registration. The fee for the application is 5 rupees, whereas, for the certified copy, the charge is 10 rupees.
- Under the Special Marriage Act, the solemnization of the marriage charge is 10 rupees. Furthermore, 15 rupees, in addition, will be charged for celebrating in some other place rather than a sub-registrar office. The charge for the intended marriage is 3 rupees, and for obtaining a verified copy of the marriage document, 2 rupees is a prescribed fee.
- The fee that candidates need to pay for a certified copy under Parsi Marriage Act is 2 rupees.
How to Know Your Marriage Office?
- To view information about your marriage office, go to the official website of Kaveri Online Services.
- Homepage of the site will flash on your screen.
- Then, scroll the home screen a little bit and click the link “Know Your Marriage Office” present under the “Services for Guest User” section.
- Marriage office search will be displayed on the page.
- Provide all the information like marriage type, bride resident details, groom address info and other required data.
- Tap the “Search” button and office information will be shown on your device.
Important Download Links
FAQs for Karnataka Marriage Certificate
Yes after marriage, bride and groom have to register their marriage in order to be a life partners in legal terms.
The age of the person who is going to become a witness should be 21 years or more. Otherwise, he/ she will not be an eligible witness.
There is no specific validity date or time for a marriage certificate. From the day of publication of the certificate, it will be valid for life long.
No particular time period is prescribed by officials, but some days after the registration authorities issue the certificate.
Yes, by visiting the online services website, you will see the link to the “Know Marriage Offices” option. By entering the details in the form you can check the office near you.