Karnataka Saptapadi Vivah Yojana | Registration | Benefits | Application Form ಕರ್ನಾಟಕ ಸಪ್ತಪಾಡಿ | SC/ST Marriage Scheme | Samuhik Vivah In Karnataka | Government Scheme for Marriage | Muzrai Mass Marriage Scheme | Dharmasthala Samuhika Vivah
Karnataka Government launched a new scheme for mass marriages of couples in the state and providing them financial assistance. BS Yeddyurappa government in January 2020 launched the Karnataka Saptapadi Vivah Yojana also known as Muzrai Mass Marriage Scheme for eligible Hindu couples of the state.
Under this scheme, government organise mass marriage programs at the selected temples across the state and the beneficiary bride and grooms are offered a financial -assistance of total Rs.55000. It is a flagship scheme of Karnataka Government to reduce the burden of poor families which are unable to afford the marriages expenses of their children. This Mass marriage scheme help such families to meet their wedding expenses.
Karnataka Saptapadi Vivah Yojana Registration 2021
For the year 2020, the first phase of mass marriages of the eligible couples was supposed to be performed in the month of April and May but due to the wake of Covid, it was kept on hold. Now, for 2021, the government has decided to conduct it twice a month as a precautionary measure against the pandemic. Some of the marriages for this year has been already performed and as per the news reports, the next mass marriage program under this scheme is going to be conducted on 22nd April, 13th May, 17th June and 7th July at respective temples. However, the dates may change as there is rapid surge in covid cases. Therefore, those who have registered must keep in regular touch with the concerned authorities.
To get complete information about Saptapadi Vivah Yojana of Karnataka Government, you can read information shared in this article. Here you will get details about the important dates of this scheme, registration process, eligibility details, marriage schedule, benefits provided, documents required for the scheme.
An Overview of Karnataka Saptapadi Vivah Yojana
|Name of the Scheme||Karnataka Saptapadi Vivah Yojana/ Muzrai Mass Marriage Scheme|
|Category||Karnataka Govt Scheme|
|Scheme Type||State Government Welfare Scheme|
|Concerned Authority||Department of Religious Endowment, Govt. of Karnataka|
|Purpose||Mass Marriage of Hindu Couples and provide financial assistance to them|
|Total Number of Muzrai Temples||100|
|Total number of Couples selected||Nearly 1000 couples|
|Mode of Registration||Online|
|Official portal of the department||temples.karnataka.gov.in|
As per covid guidelines, to avoid crowds during the ceremony, only the parents of the couple are allowed to attend the marriage.
Karnataka Saptapadi Vivah Yojana 2021: Important Points
- The main objective behind the launch of scheme is to allay the financial distress of the poor parents arising due the lack of availability of funds for marriage of their children (specially girls).
- Once the marriage is performed, each couple is offered a financial grant of Rs.55000 to start their new journey.
- To get the financial assistance offered under this scheme, eligible couples have to register and get married as per the Muhurt and dates prescribed by the organising authorities.
- These Mass marriage ceremonies are organised only at selected temples of the state on the scheduled dates. There are total 100 Muzurai Temples in the state where these ceremonies are performed in masses.
- Mass marriages and financial aid for this scheme are sponsored by the Muzrai Temples functioning under the Religious Endowment department of the state.
- Under this scheme, government has decided to organize marriages of around 1000 couples every year.
- Once the marriage is performed, bride groom is offered a financial grant of Rs.55000 to start their new journey.
- Couple registered under this scheme cannot get married in a private ceremony.
Benefits of Saptapadi Vivah Yojana
Karnataka Saptapadi scheme help beneficiaries in many ways but the direct benefit that is provided to them is the monetary benefit of Fifty-five thousand to meet the marriage expenditure. Check how this financial assistance distributed among bride and groom depicted below-
- Out of the total amount, a Mangalsutra worth Rs.40000/- is provided to the bride
- A cash of Rs.5000/- assigned to the bride for Dhoti, Shirt for marriage.
- A cash of Rs.10000 is assigned to the bride.
Other benefits of this schemes are –
- Reduces burden of parents who take loans for getting their children married.
- This will help in putting a full stop at the trend of spending huge amount of money in marriages.
- Promotes on spot of registration of marriages.
Saptapadu Vivah Yojana is only for those couples who fulfil all the eligibility requirements. Check what are the eligibility criteria for this innovative scheme mentioned as under-
- Beneficiaries should be a permanent resident of Karnataka.
- The age of bride and groom should not be less than 18 years and 21 years respectively.
- Only Hindi couples are eligible for this mass marriage program. Couples of other religions are not eligible for this scheme.
- The consent of parents is must for these marriages to happen.
- Parents of both couples should be present at the marriage venue and marriages under this scheme cannot be performed in private.
In order to get registered for this mass marriage program, eligible candidates have to provide their original certificates at the registration venue. The main documents which are essential for registration process include-
- Aadhaar Card of both Bride and Groom
- Address proof (which could be an Aadhar Card, Voter Id, Water bill, Electricity bill, Telephone bill etc.)
- Age proof/ Birth Certificate
- Religious Certificate
- Letter of consent from parent/ permission letter from parents
Registration Process for Karnataka Saptapadi Vivah Yojana
To become a part of Saptapadi Mass Marriage scheme, eligible couples have to register first. Check all the important details related to registration process explained in this section-
- Applicants have to register in offline more as no online registration facility is not available as of now.
- For registration, applicants have to visit the selected Muzrai Temples where these marriages are performed.
- Applicants have to register themselves at the registration venue at least 30 days before the date of marriage.
- They have to provide all the required documents along with the registration form.
- Once the registration is over and details are verified, they are provided details of the marriage.
No, online registration facility is not available for this scheme.
The benefit offered to couples as per this mass marriage scheme is distributed among bride and groom as- A Mangalsutra (8 grams) worth Rs.40000 for bride, Rs.10000 cash to bride and Rs.5000 cash to groom.
No, this scheme is only for couple falling under Hindu religion.
Approval of parents of both bride and groom for marrying under this scheme is must.
These mass marriage ceremonies are conducted at selected temples (i.e. Muzrai temples) of Karnataka.