Mukhyamantri Krushi Udyog Yojana: To ensure the promotion of agro-businesses, Agriculture and Farmers Empowerment Department, the Government of Odisha is providing financial assistance to entrepreneurs. This will be crucial for the development of agricultural industries in the state. Know about the Mukhyamantri Krushi Udyog scheme, benefits, eligibility, application process, etc all in this article.
Table of Contents
Mukhyamantri Krushi Udyog Yojana
State Government for Odisha launched the Mukhyamantri Krushi Udyog Yojana or MKUY on May 17, 2018. The MKUY scheme aims at promoting agro-based industries or food processing industries, in widespread sessions to promote investment in Agriculture and allied sectors. This will not only benefit the development of the state of Odisha in the fields of agriculture but also ensure better employment opportunities for its people. Under this scheme, the government will provide subsidies up to Rs. 50 lakhs on loans to the farmers. This will make the loan procedure hassle-free and easier encouraging entrepreneurs in the state. Furthermore, the online mode of the application procedure will reduce the wastage of time. The succeeding services like guidelines, beneficiary status, and other details will also be available on the website.
|Name of the scheme||Mukhyamantri Krushi Udyog Yojana|
|Concerned Sectors||Agriculture, Horticulture, Fisheries, Animal Resource Development (ARD), Food Processing|
|Aim||To promote agri-businesses in state|
|Benefit||Subsidies up to Rs. 50 lakhs on loans for the establishment of the agricultural industry|
|Beneficiaries||People of Odisha|
|Application Fee||Security fees of Rs. 10,000|
Objective of MKUY
The prime objective of this initiative of the government was to ensure an increase in the income of people of the state belonging to fishery, agriculture, horticulture, animal resource development & food processing occupational sectors. The idea of giving subsidies of Rs. 50 lakhs on loans to the citizens for the establishment of the business in these sectors will also simplify the procedure of opting for loans. These industries will simultaneously progress and new employment opportunities will build up.
Mukhyamantri Krushi Udyog Scheme Features
The main features of the Mukhyamantri Krushi Udyog Yojana are:
- Financial assistance for establishment of industries, factories, companies, firms or start-ups in feilds of agriculture, food processing, horticulture or fishrery.
- Subsidies on loan upto Rs. 50 lakh for establishmenyt which will simplify the loan process.
- Management of these industries by the government to constantly track the consistency and progress of these industries.
- The Mukhyamantri Krushi Udyog online application procedure will ensure speedy grant of assistance under this scheme and furthermore assuring minimal time wastage.
- Since all the payments will be limited online and will involve direct bank transfers into the bank account of the entrepreneurs, hence it will be all secured.
Benefits of MKUY
The beneficiaries, that are the citizens who wish to set up agro-industries, will be benefitted from the following according to the Mukhyamantri Krushi Udyog Yojana scheme:
- Those who are willing to set up enterprises in fields of horticulture, agriculture, food processing, or fishrery will get subsidies upto Rs. 50 lakh on loans.
- The procedure to get loan will become easier and hassle-free.
- The government organisations, APLICOL and NIC will also monitor the progress of thses newly set up industry.
- Farmers will get benefits upto Rs,.15 lakhs to upgrade their agriculturre tools.
- The industries will also be aided after one year for modernisation and upgradation purposes.
- Educated youth will be encouraged to set up industries and get b etter lucrative opportunities.
- Those who have successfully managed the previous set up industry can also set up new projects under this scheme to get subsidies of Rs. 50 lakh.
- Scope of employment in the state will increase with set up of new industries.
Pattern of Assistance under MKUY Odisha
- 40% of the fixed capital investment with a maximum limit of Rs. 50 lakh excluding the cost of the project land for general entreprenuers
- 50% of the fixed capital investment with a maximum limit of Rs. 50 lakh excluding the cost of the project land will be allotted to applicants who belong to categories:
- Persons with disability
- graduates of agriculture and allied fields
- Group of individuals, FPO, FPC, FPG, NGO, SHG, PAC, LAMPCS, Farmers, cooperative societies, apex federations and companies which are registered under companies act 2013 can avail 40% limit up to Rs.50 lakh and if the members are females, the limit will be 50% upto a cost of Rs.50 lakh
- The upper limit of application is for one applicant or family which can be defined as a unit comprising of the applicant, the spouse, unmarried sons or daughters and married sons and dependent parents according to Odisha Public Distribution System Order of 2016 and thus applicant will have to attach a self declaration and further declare that previously no family member has availed the benefit of the scheme
- The cost of project infrastructure will not be included in financial assistance provided under the scheme
- The enterprise that will be established on a rented or leased property shall have a prior agreement for 15 years.
- The scheme is not applicable to projects which are not approved by DLC.
Project Financing And Completion Period
- Self-financing agro based industry is allowed upto a limit of Rs. 10 lakh
- For projects with a cost of more than Rs.10 lakh, monetary finance is minimal as of 10% value
- The Bank will monitor the discharge of subsidies
- The challenges need to be accomplished within two years from the date of issuance of subsidy and in case of delay of monetory establishment, the time persiod will be extended 12 months.
- If the accomplishment is delayed past two years, then 20% of the subsidy money will be deducted for delayed 6 months
- For a delay of 12 months past the two years tenure, the subsidy will be permanently suspended.
Mukhyamantri Krushi Udyog Implementation
- The state committee will modify the scheme as per the regulations of the Agriculture Ministery
- The Agricultural Promotion and Investment Company of Odisha is the nodal head of the scheme
- At district level such as Chief District Agriculture Officer, Deputy Director of Horticulture Department, Executive Engineer Chief District Veterinary Officer, and District Fisheries Officer will be responsible for implentation of the scheme.
- At block level, the block line division is incharge of the inspection of the DPR or Detailed Project Report and the difficulty level of the challenge proposed by the applicant.
- For built-in farming challenge, involved BLO will visit the location with BVO or AVAS acting as the coordinator who will submit the feasibility report to the CDAO and monitor the execution cours and update the portal accordingly.
- The default district Nodal Officer will be district stage officer of agriculture and allied division and for agro service centre, the district Nodal Officerwill be the Executive Engineer.
- APICOL will finalise the report of the opted challange.
Project Cost Under MKUY
- Every project will have distinct challenge values as it will depend upon the characterstics of the challenge
- OPWD schedule of charges for civil building will be referred while observing the DPR
- In case of upgradation of irrigational equipments, the charges offered as per the rule for personal raise of irrigation level will be considered
- In case of micro irrigation system, the rates authorised by the Horticulture Director will be observed
- The charges approved by the NABARD orNBH or line division will be followed for crops, birds, animals, timber and in case of protected cultivation, the price of MIDH or NHB will be taken inti consideration
- The value of prject land excluded in the financial being provided for the challange.
Sanctioning Committee for MKUY
Three committees will be set up to monitor the procedure application of the Mukhyamantri Krushi Udyog Yojana, namely:
- State stage committee: Joint state stage committee which will study proposals and observe the cost of projects
- Sub committee: The chairman of the state stage committee will represent a sub committee for training purpose, if required
- District stage committee: Under the chairmanship of Collector and District Justice of the Peace, this committee will be set up at district level comprising of all district stage officers of agriculture and related departments as its members
Modalities Of Implementation under MKUY
The modalities of implementation will proceed in the following manner
- Online portal offering all the necessary services
- Beneficiaries will apply in an online mode and the application will be submitted to BLO
- The BLO will verify the application and the status of submission of security fee
- In case of some discrepancy, BLO will revert back to applicant with 5 business days through an auto generated message or email
- For confirmation of numerous data, the BLO will contact the farm website
- The BLO will submit the net report on the portal in 15 days
- Before finishing the feasibility report, the department supervisor of the finalised financial institution will visit the site
- The land will be evaluated by the district Nodal Officer after the reception of feasibility and proposal report
- Spot verification will be performed by the DNO and will suggest to the final proposal or reject the project in case of its visional failure
Valuation Of Project Under MKUY
- For self financing projects, the valuation will be monitored by district Nodal Officer and an engineer above the rank of assistant engineer in any authoritative division
- The institutional finance challenge will be analysed by the involved financial institution along with an authorized valuer who will be appointed by the supervisor of department
- The involved officer will undertake the prescribed charges for valuation
- The report will be prepared by the evaluator on the basis of detailed valuation of the challenge in the project
- Working capital will be excluded as the capital value
- Entrepreneur will have to submit a self declaration assuring that no member of his/her family has benefitted from the scheme
- Entrepreneur can also submit non availing certificates recognised by the government
- Before discharge of subsidy to the entrepreneur, he/she will have to submit the payments and vouchers with GST
Assessment Of Fixed Capital Under MKUY
- Insurance: Insurance of the infrastructure is compulsory because worth of insurance premium of 12 months will be percieved as capital funding
- Plant and machinery: Monetory value of plant and equipments will be considered as funding
- Electricity and water provide installation: The value of set up which includes electrical equipment and water tools which will be used for irrigational purposes will be eligible to get subsidy
- Project Report: Subsidy will be issued for preparation of challenge report however the restriction will be of 1% of the whole project value.
- Infrastucture: The freshly constructed buildings that are specifically built in accordance with the project are likely to receive the subsidy whereas residential infrastructure and others will not receive the capital but employee hut or shed will be included for capital funding restricted to Rs. 6000
- Land: No subsidy will be issued against the price of the lands
Disbursement Of Capital Investment Subsidy
- After the complete analysis, the subsidies will be disbursed.
- The District Nodal Officer will set the limit date of completion of the project aim.
- Entrepreneur will discuss a settlement with the District Nodal Officer beforev the release of subsidy.
- The subsidy will be discharged into the Aadhaar Hyperlink Account of the applicant.
- The DNO can choose for change of financial institution.
- The entry will be presented to the bank and the cash will be safely deposited in an on-line mode and will be refunded when subsidy is disbursed into the account of the applicant.
The popular scheme in Odisha
- Odisha Marriage Certificate Application Online
- Odisha Voter List 2023
- Biju Yuva Sashaktikaran Yojana
- Bhulekh Odisha Online ROR
- Kalinga Sikhya Sathi Yojana Registration
- Odisha Mamata Yojana Registration, Benefits & Features
- Odisha Labour Card List: Beneficiary Status District Wise
- Odisha Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana
- Odisha Balaram Yojana 2023
- Mukhyamantri Karma Tatpara Abhiyan Yojana
- Odisha Ration Card List 2023 & Status
- KALIA Yojana List 2023
Eligibilty for MKUY (ओडिशा मुख्यमंत्री कृषि उद्योग योजना 2023)
The following is the eligibility criteria to be able to get benefits under the Mukhyamantri Krushi Udyog Yojana:
- The citizen must compulsorily belong to the state of Orissa, but shouldn’t be compulsorily permanent resident.
- Individuals or body of individuals
- Partnership enterprise of state
- FPO, FPC, FPG, PAC, LAMPCS, NGO, SHG registered by the government
- State farmers
- State Apex Federations
- Cooperative societies
- Minimum of 18 years of age.
- Must have a land owned or leased for at least 15 years in the name of entrepreneur for the purpose of the industrial project.
- For fisheries project, the entrepreneur must have lease period allowed under the cage culture policy of the government.
- Companies that have registered under the Companies Act of 2013.
- Applicants authorised by the executive body.
Eligible industries under MKUY
The MKUY will only permit those industries to get authorized under the scheme which are related to agriculture or food processing and can generate exclusive income of at least Rs. 2 Lakhs per annum. The subsequent industries are thus not allowed to get established under the Mukhyamantri Krishi Udyog Yojana:
- Energy plants using biogas methodology
- Rice mills
- Field crops that sustain for a time period of less than a year under usual conditions
- Factories that aim to manufacture tobacco and gudka or any other chewing purpose sprinklings
Documents needed for application
To apply for the MKUY scheme, the applicants must possess the following necessary documents:
- Aadhar Card or any other identification proof such as Voter ID, Ration Card, etc. (Document Size: Max. 400 KB)
- Land record or lease(at least 15 years) document that shall compulsoroly be detailed with Khata and Plot number (Document Size: Max. 950 KB)
- Passport sized photograph of the applicant (Document Size: Max. 50 KB)
- Scanned signature of the applicant (Document Size: Max. 50 KB)
- Consent letter frrom the Bank (Document in pdf format and of size: Max. 500 KB)
Details needed for application
All the fields marked with (*) are the required fields, that is, they cannot be omitted and need to be necessarily filled. Some crucial details that need to be filled in while filling out the application form are:
- Mobile Number
- Aadhar or any other ID Card number
- GST Number
- Farmer ID
- Reference number obtained at the time of registration is needed for DPR.
Odisha APICOL Registration online 2023
Step 1: Visit the official web portal of Agricultural Promotion and Investment Corporation of Odisha Limited (APICOL) at apicol.nic.in.
Step 2: In the “Apply Online” dropdown list, select “Mukhyamatri Krushi Udyog Yojana (MKUY)” and you will be directed to the mkuy.apicol.nic.in which is the official web portal for the scheme.
Step 3: Select the “Beneficiary Master” dropdown list to get all the services related to MKUY.
Odisha Mukhyamantri Krushi Udyog Yojana Application Procedure
The application process is carefully divided into three parts, Registration, Detailed Project Report (DPR), and Payment.
To register for the scheme on the online web portal, follow the given procedure:
- Select the “Registration” option from the “Beneficiery Master” list on the mkuy.apicol.nic.in portal.
- A prerequisites page will open up. On the page, select the “Registration” option.
- You will get a registration form inquiring about the completion or attempt status of the application. Select an applicable option from “Yes” or “No”.
- Carefully select the applicant type from “individual” or “Group”. The applicant type needs to be cautiously chosen because applicants will not be able to change it after the generation of reference number.
- Either choose Farmer ID or Aadhar card as the ID type.
- Enter the ID number and proceed.
- Fill in the required fields in the “Project Information” page.
- Enter all the proposed location of CAE with the land particulars in the next page.
- Upload all the necessary and optional documents.
- Preview the application again since the details will not be allowed to change once the apllication is submit.
- Submit the registration form after profound review of the application.
Detailed Project Report (DPR)
The next step after registration as the applicant is to submit the detailed report of the project that the applicant wishes to avail benefits for, from the scheme. Follow the given steps to submit the DPR:
- Select the “DPR” option from the “Beneficiery Master” list on the mkuy.apicol.nic.in portal.
- A prerequisites page will open up. On the page, select the “DPR” option.
- Enter the reference number and aadhar number of the applicant.
- Procced to the next page to get the DPR form.
- Fill all the required fields and preview the form before submission.
- Submit the form.
Odisha Mukhyamantri Krushi Udyog Payment
The last step is to submit the security fee of Rs. 10,000 after successful completion of registration and submission of the detailed project report. The security amount of Rs. 10,000 is subject to repayment. Read the subsequent steps to get through the payment procedure and hence complete the application for the scheme:
- Select the “Payment” option from the “Beneficiery Master” list on the mkuy.apicol.nic.in portal.
- A prerequisites page will open up. On the page, select the last and final “Payment” option.
- The payment page is a time bounded session for 15 minutes for security purposes. The applicants will have to complete the payment submission in the given time or else the session will expire and they will have to head back to the home page and restart the payments procedure.
- Enter the reference number generated at the time of registration and the aadhar card number of the applicant.
- Submit the form.
- Payments page will open up for your application. Carefully check the application details before starting with the payment procedure.
- The payment procedure will be carried out in an online mode. Select the preferred payment option from the given choices.
- The payment gateway is safe and secure and after successful payment, the complete application procedure will be finished.
Odisha Mukhyamantri Krushi Udyog Yojana Status
To check the status of the application, the applicant needs to follow the following steps:
- Select the “Beneficiary Status” option from the “Beneficiery Master” list on the mkuy.apicol.nic.in portal.
- The Status portal will open up asking for reference and aadhar card number.
- Enter the reference number of the application and aadhar number of the applicant.
- Submit the details and yopu will get the status report of your application.
The web portal of the Mukhyamantri Krushi Yojana offers various services under the “Beneficiary Master” dropdown list and one of them is the generation of Go-Ahead so as to process the completion of the beneficiary. To generate Go-Ahead, follow the subsequent steps:
- Select the “Generate Go-Ahead” option from the “Beneficiery Master” list on the mkuy.apicol.nic.in portal.
- A portal will open up asking for reference and aadhar card number to get the application details for which you’re requesting the generation of the Go-Ahead number.
- Enter the reference number of the application and aadhar number of the applicant.
- Submit the details and the Go-Ahead number for your application will be generated.
For processing the completion of the beneficiary, proceed in the following manner:
- Select the “Beneficiary Completion” option from the “Beneficiery Master” list on the mkuy.apicol.nic.in portal.
- A new web page will open asking about the reference number, aadhar card number and the Go-Ahead number.
- Enter the required details of the application.
- Submit the details and proceed.
- In the next page complete all the necessaryb formalities to ensure completion.
Reference Number for Mukhyamantri Krushi Udyog Yojana
The reference number is the most crucial detail that needs to be filled at every level of application. If an applicant is unaware of his/her reference number, they will not be able to submit the detailed project report, make payment, track the application status, generate a Go-Ahead number, and further complete the application. Hence, it must be noted down after the registration.
But in case of any mistake, the reference number can be rechecked by using the “Reference Number” option in the “Beneficiary Master” list. Consequently, the applicant will receive a portal where they will have to enter the number of their aadhar card. The application will be traced using the aadhar card number and the applicant will get the reference number for it.
Beneficiary Comparative Statement
To check the beneficiary comparative statement, the services of the “Beneficiary Master” dropdown list can be used again. Here is the procedure to check the statement:
- Open the “Beneficiary Comparitive Statement” portal by clicking the option in the “Beneficiary Master” list.
- The portal will ask for the Go-Ahead number, Reference number and Aadhar number.
- Enter the details and proceed.
- Comparative statement will appear on the screen.
Mukhyamantri Krushi Udyog Yojana Log in
To log into the portal, the registered candidates need to follow the subsequent steps:
- Open the official web portal of ओडिशा मुख्यमंत्री कृषि उद्योग योजना.
- On the homepage, click on the option of “Login”
- A login portal will open on the screen.
- Use the uer ID and the password as the login credentials for the account.
- Decode the mathematical captcha and enter the silution in the box next to it.
- Click on “Log In” amd you will be successfully logged in.
Helpline for Mukhyamantri Krushi Udyog Yojana
All the required information is available on the web portal of mkuy.apicol.nic.in but in case of further queries, entrepreneurs can also directly contact the helpdesk using the contact information available on the web portal.
The applicants need to click on the “Contact Us” option on the homepage of the MKUY portal. They can also get details of district managers of APICOL and contact them using the information provided in the list.
Any other questions related to the article can be asked in the comment box below!