Odisha Mamata Yojana 2021: The Government of Odisha has launched a one of its kind scheme for the benefit of pregnant and lactating mothers in the state. The scheme is called Odisha Mamata Yojana. Under the scheme, financial assistance is granted to the beneficiary mothers to ensure adequate nutritional intake pre and post-delivery. Read more about the scheme and its benefits in the article below. We have detailed down the scheme objectives, eligibility criteria, procedure to apply, etc. here.
Odisha Mamata Yojana 2021
During pregnancy, a foetus acquires all of its energy from the mother via her food intake. The healthy growth of the foetus solely depends on the nutritional value intake of the mother. Therefore, it is extremely important for pregnant mothers to look after their health and have a sufficient amount of nutrition to feed the baby and herself. With the help of Odisha Mamata Yojana, the Odisha government aims to solve all the issues related to pregnant women.
However, it is often seen that pregnant women are not fed enough and lack the suggested amount of nutrition in the body that results in low birth weight babies. This generally happens due to pre-term births or intra-uterine growth retardation which are the consequences of the poor nutritional availability in the womb. Several studies around the globe have shown that pre-term babies or low birth weight babies struggle for their survival at the early stage and are always at high risk of being afflicted with some disease, growth retardation, or impaired mental development. Even after delivery, the lactating mothers need to maintain their health the infants still depend on them for food.
Thus, to address the issue of the lack of nutritional value in pregnant and lactating mothers along with infant undernutrition, the Government of Odisha initiated Odisha Mamata Yojana. Read out the article till the end to acquire every piece of information on the Odisha Mamata scheme. As the readers move along the post, the article will guide you to get to know about the scheme, its objectives, benefits, implementation, Odisha Mamata Yojana application procedure, and much more. Stay connected with us for more details.
Brief Description of the Odisha Mamata Yojana 2021
|Article Category||Odisha Govt. Scheme|
|Article on||Mamata Yojana 2021|
|Launched by||Government of Odisha|
|Department||Department and Women and Child Development|
|Beneficiaries||Pregnant Women and Lactating Mothers across the state|
|Objective||To address the issue of maternal and infant undernutrition|
|Benefits||Monetary incentives worth Rs. 5000 before and after delivery|
Benefits of Odisha Mamata Yojana
It is a maternity benefit scheme which is been instituted by the Government of Odisha to assist pregnant and lactating women of age 19 and above across the state. Monetary incentives are provided to the target beneficiaries so as to improve and maintain their health before and after the delivery of the child. The Odisha Mamata benefits are extended up to the first two live births of a woman. A total sum of Rs. 5000/- is given in two instalments of Rs. 3000 and Rs. 2000. The first instalment is paid before the delivery while the second instalment is given 10 months post-delivery. The said incentives are transferred to the bank accounts of the beneficiaries via NEFT mode to fulfil their nutritional requirements.
With the prime focus on maternal and infant mortality, the Odisha Mamata Yojana has the following benefits to offer.
- The scheme offers the financial aid of Rs. 5000/- for the pregnant and lactating mothers.
- Rs. 3000 (first installment) is provided after the first trimester and before the delivery of the baby.
- Rs. 2000 (second installment) is granted after the 10 months of the delivery.
- With the financial support, the health seeking behaviour will be instilled within the mothers.
- It will improve the health stats of the nursing women and infants.
- Reduction in the deaths of the infants due to the undernourishment.
The Department of Women and Child Development, Government of Odisha is the regulatory and implementing authority of the scheme. Implemented at the AWC (Anganwadi Centre) level, the Odisha Mamta Yojana is a state-level welfare scheme.
Objectives Odisha Mamta Scheme
Odisha Mamata Yojana aims to reduce the number of low weight birth babies in the state due to the inadequate nutritional supply to the foetus in the womb. With the minimization of maternal and infant mortality, the scheme has the following broad objectives:
- The scheme provides the financial assiatnce to the pregnant and nursing women so that they could ensure the sufficient supply of nutritional intake pre/ post delivery of the child.
- It will also utilize the prevailing maternal and child health services, such as antenatal care, immunisation, and postnatal care.
- To promote the health seeking behaviour in the mother.
Installment under Odisha Mamata Yojana
As already stated, under the Odisha Mamata Yojana, financial assistance of Rs. 5000 is disbursed to each eligible beneficiary of the state. The whole amount is sanctioned in two instalments of Rs. 3000 and Rs. 2000. Both the instalments are allocated only when the following enlisted conditions are satisfied.
|First Installment of Rs. 3000/- (Pre Delivery)||– Pregnancy is registered at the nearest AWC / Mini AWC within three months of conception. |
– Undergone at least two antenatal scans.
– Received IFA tablets
– Received one vaccination of TT
– Attended at minimum one counselling session at AWC.
|Second instalment of |
Rs. 2000/- (Post Delivery)
|– Birth of the child is registered at AWC/ HSC|
– The child must have received the following vaccinations:
– first dosage of Vitamin A
– The child must have been breastfed for the first six months.
– The child has been fed appropriately with complementary food after six months of age.
– The mother must have attended at minimum six growth monitoring and IYCF counselling sessions and programmes after the nine months of delivery.
Some Special Conditions Under Odisha Mamta Yojana
- The eligible beneficiaries can apply for the scheme after her first trimester. If all the conditions required for the first instalment are successfully satisfied but the applicant undergoes miscarriage due to whatever reasons, she will be paid the amount promised for the first instalment provided she produces sufficient paperwork to prove her miscarriage.
- In case, a woman has already claimed the scheme for the first child and is again applying for her second pregnancy and gives birth to twins the second time, the scheme stands valid.
- However, if the first pregnancy turns out to twin pregnancy, the beneficiary can not apply for the scheme next time.
- In case of the twin pregnancy, only one child survives for the 10 months, the seconds installment of the schme will be paid, provided fulfilling all other eligibility conditions for thr seconds installment payment for the living child.
Implementation of Odisha Mamata Yojana
For the smooth and effective implementation of the Odisha Mamata Yojana, the following strategies and measures have been laid out by the Odisha WCD Department. Check out the complete implementation process of the scheme.
- The District Collector is the head authority to implement the scheme in the concerned district.
- To assist the District Collector in the whole process, District Program Coordinator will be appointed.
- Both of the authorities will be responsible for holding the meetings with the banks and other departments to make sure that the scheme runs smoothly.
- In order to check the working of other departments, the DC can conduct audits anytime he/ she wishes to.
- A toll-free number will be set up as a helpline number to assist the beneficiaries.
- Every month, the DC will review the progress of the scheme through a meeting with concerning AWC Jaanch Committee.
- Physical surveys and inspections can also be done by the authority to check the effectiveness.
- DC holds every right to initiate any kind of action as per requirement on the field.
Who are eligible to apply for the Odisha Mamata Yojana?
Only the candidates who will be able to satisfy the following set of eligibility norms and conditions will be considered for the Mamata Scheme benefits. Check the eligibility criteria below.
- Only the pregnant women or lactating mothers are applicable for the scheme benefits.
- The minimum age of the applicant must be 19 years as on the precribed cut-off date.
- Applicants must be premanent residing citizens of the state of Odisha.
- It is mandatory that the applicant is registered at the concerning Anganwadi Center (AWC).
- The scheme benefits can only be availed for the first two live births by a mother.
- If the applicant or her husband is employed in any State Govt/ Central Govt/ PSU, she is not entitled to the scheme benefits.
Application procedure of Odisha Mamta Yojana 2021
The application process of the Mamata Scheme in Odisha is offline. The step-by-step procedure to apply for the same has been discussed in the following section. Check the complete details below.
- The government has ensured that the pregnant women are not stressed much about the application process for the scheme and hence, allocated the respective Anganwadi centre workers to help the applicants through the process.
- All you need to do is visit the concerned Anganwadi Centre or min Anganwadi centre in your locality and register yourself.
- The AWH (Anganwadi Helpers) will fill out your registartion form.
- All the interested pregnant women must contact the Anganwadi Center for registration within the first three months to avail of the benefits.
- It is the duty of the workers of the concerned AWC to identify the beneficiaries in their respective areas and issue an MCP card to each eligible woman.
- If a beneficiary does not possess a bank account under her name, she must open one with the bak providing NEFT banking facility.
- The Anganwadi Woker will then collect the bank details from the beneficiary.
- Two copies of self-declaration must then be signed by the applicant along with an undertaking from her husband/ legal guardian.
- Submit two copies of Aadhaar Card and MCP card as well.
- The Anganwadi worker will then prepare two sets of the application.
- One will be submitted to the Child Development Project Officer while the other remains in the centre for future reference.
- The Child Development Project Officer will save all the details online on the portal after four months of the pregnancy of the applicant.
List of Documents Required
It is advised to all the applicants to once go through the following list of documents These documents will be required in filling out the application form and the other processes while availing the benefits of the scheme.
- Aadhaar Card
- Other Photo ID Proof
- Proof of Residence
- MCP (Mother and Child Protection) Card
- Ration Card
- Bank account details
- Self-declaration form
- Recent passport size photographs
Salient Features of Odisha Mamata Yojana
- Odisha Mamata Yojana is a state level scheme to benefit the pregnant wowen and lactating mothers across the state of Odisha.
- The Department of Women and Child Development, Odisha oversess the implementation and administration of the scheme.
- The main motive of the scheme is to reduce the rate os maternal and infant mortality due to poor and under nourishment.
- The scheme aims to improve the health-seeking behaviour and prospects.
- Under the scheme, the mothers are given financial aid of Rs. 5000.
- The amount is disbursed in two installmnet of Rs. 3000 and Rs. 2000 to fulfill their nutritional intake demands.
- The incentives are transferred via online mode of NEFT by the Child Development Project Officer.
- It is mandatory to register at the registered Anganwadi Center in order to avail of the benefits of the scheme.
- The applicants must have attained the minimum age of 19 years to apply.
- The scheme is applicable only for the first two live births of a woman.
- The applicant must submit the details regarding her age, number of live birth, and Employment status in the prescribed format.
- If the claims made by the beneficairy proves out to be false or incorrect, the amount to be paid under the scheme to her will be recovered by the authorities.
Download Important Odisha Mamta Scheme Forms
Check out the links given below to various necessary Mamata Scheme forms required in the process to avail of the scheme benefits.
The Odisha WCD Department has not yet specified a dedicated helpline number of grievance redressal portals for the beneficiaries to raise their concerns regarding the scheme and its benefits. However, the Department ensures that a regular meeting of constituted Jaanch Committee is held every month. In this meeting, all the issues and queries in regard to the scheme at each AWC- level are resolved and new plans and strategies are discussed in promoting the scheme and raising awareness.
|Department of Women and Child Development Official Website||Click here|
|Odisha Mamata Yojana||Click here|
|Log in to e-Mamata Online Portal||Click here|
|Revised Guidelines of the Mamata Yojana- English||Click here|
|Revised Guidelines of the Mamata Yojana- Odia||Click here|
Frequently Asked Questions
Mamata Scheme is an initiative by the Government of Odisha to provide financial aid of Rs. 5000/- to the pregnant women and lactating mothers across the state to alleviate the prevailing conditions of maternal and infant undernutrition.
In order to apply for the Odisha Mamata Scheme, you need to visit the registered Anganwadi Centre in your area. The Anganwadi Workers and Helpers will guide you through the process. The final online submission of the application form will be made by the Child Development Project Officer.
All the registered beneficiaries under the Odisha Mamata Yojana are allocated a total sum of Rs. 5000/- disbursed in two instalments via NEFT.
The Anganwadi workers and helpers are paid cash incentives of Rs. 200 and Rs. 100 respectively per beneficiary for the smooth implementation of the scheme.
Yes, you can still register yourself for the benefits of the Mamata Scheme as far as you satisfy all the eligibility conditions and are not registered for the maternity benefits from the previous state.
As of now, no dedicated helpline number has been set up by the authorities. However, any issue or grievance in regard to the scheme can be discussed at the monthly meeting of the Jaanch Committee.
In any case of queries regarding the above-discussed topic, please let us know through the comment section below.