KSSY Kalinga Sikhya Sathi Yojana apply | Sikhya Sathi Registration & Login, Kalinga Sikhya Sathi Search For Loan KSSY
For a secure and bright future, it has become incredibly crucial to be educated and have a graduation degree in hand. Many students are not able to pursue their dreams of getting their desired higher education degree due to financial constraints. Supporting such scholars of the state, the Government of Odisha has introduced Kalinga Sikhya Sathi Yojana (KSSY). Under the KSSY scheme, student loans are granted at minimum rate interest to help them pursue their desirable higher studies course. Read all about the Kalinga Sikhya Sathi Yojana in the post below.
Kalinga Sikhya Sathi Yojana 2021 (KSSY)
Education is the most important aspect of one’s life. It makes one self-sufficient and self-sustainable. Therefore, everyone should pursue higher studies in the chosen field of interest to be successful in the future. However, sometimes the college’s courses are expensive and every parent can not just afford the tuition of the same. Therefore, to help the students willing to continue their studies after intermediate but do not have enough resources and strong socio-economic background, the Government of Odisha initiated KSSY Kalinga Sikhya Sathi Yojana. It will grant educational loans up to a sum of 10 lakhs at a 1% interest rate to eligible students.
Launched under the visionary leadership of Mr Naveen Paitnaik, the scheme will reduce the financial burden on the parents’ shoulders and motivate the students to repay the loan amount on their own. The scheme is regulated under the Higher Education Department, Odisha. Almost every course is covered under the scheme from law to management and engineering to medical, etc.
Further, the repayment period for the loans ranges between 10- 15 years depending upon the loan amount. If the loan amount is less than 7.5 lakhs, the repayment period is 10 years, while the student loans from 7.5- 10 lakhs must be re-payed within 15 years of the sanction date. The loans can be availed from any of the KSSY registered banks.
Brief Description of the Kalinga Sikhya Sathi Yojana
|Article Category||Odisha Govt Scheme|
|Name of the Scheme||Kalinga Sikhya Sathi Yojana (KSSY) 2021|
|Department||Department of Higher Education|
|Scheme Type||State government|
|Launched by||Chief Minister, Sh. Naveen Patnaik|
|Launched on||June 27th, 2016|
|Target Beneficiaries||Poor students willing to pursue higher studies|
|Objective||To sanction educational loans to the deserving students|
|Benefits||Student loans up to Rs. 10 lakhs at %rate of interest|
|Repayment Period||10- 15 years|
|Application Mode||Online/ Offline|
Objectives Odisha KSSY
The Government of Odisha motivates and encourages the students through this scheme to continue with their higher education despite having poor financial circumstances. The Kalinga Sikhya Sathi Yojana grants educational loans to deserving and interested scholars up to a sum of Rs. 10 lakhs to cover their tuition fees and other college expenses. It will not just help the students but also the parents who will feel less burden with this and not let their deprived background hinders the education of their child.
It will also enhance the literacy ratio in the state and thus improve the educational standards of the people. Also, with better education, better employment opportunities will be generated and that will ultimately help in the boost in the state’s economical stats.
List of empanelled banks under KSSY
|Allahabad Bank||Bank of Baroda||Bharatiya Mahila Bank|
|Andhra Bank||Bank of India||Bank of Maharashtra|
|Canara Bank||Central Bank of India||Dena Bank|
|Indian Overseas Bank||IDBI Bank||IndusInd Bank|
|Indian bank||Oriental Bank of Commerce||Punjab and Sind Bank|
|Punjab National Bank||State Bank of India||State Bank of Mysore|
|State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur||State Bank of Travancore||State Bank of Hyderabad|
|UCO Bank||Axis Bank Limited||Karnataka Bank|
|Syndicate Bank||ICICI Bank||Bandhan Bank|
|HDFC Bank||Union Bank of India||Federal Bank|
|Karur Vysya Bank||DCB Bank||Central Bank|
|City Union Bank||Lakshmi Vilas Bank||Kotak Mahindra Bank|
|Odisha State Cooperative Bank||South Indian Bank||Standard Chartered Bank|
|Vijaya Bank||United Bank of India||Yes Bank|
Features of Kalinga Sikhya Sathi Yojana
- Kalinga Sikhya Sathi Yojana was an intiative by the Government of Odisha.
- It is launched by the state’s Chief Minister, Mr. Naveen Patnaik on June 27th, 2016.
- The scheme is for the poor students who wish to pursue the higher education in their desired field.
- Under the KSSY, the government sanctions student loans up to RS. 10 lakhs at a interest rate of 1%.
- All the major courses, like engineering, medical, law, management, etc. are covered under the scheme.
- The balance rate of interst for the availed amount of loan will be borne will be DHE, Odisha.
- Students need to repay the amount after their course is completed.
- If repayment period is 10 and 15 years for the loan amount of less and more than 7.5 lakhs respectively
- Educational loans can be availed from any of the registerd bank under the scheme.
- Only the natives of the Odisha state are entitled to the scheme benefits.
- No interest will be charges during the moratorium period.
Moratorium Period of KSSY
A moratorium period is referred to as the time period when the loanee does not have to repay the loan amount. It generally varies from bank to bank. In the case of educational loans availed under KSSY, the student’s moratorium period is till his/ her course is completed. It is after the completion of one’s course that the student will start repaying his/ her loan amount.
Who can apply for the Kalinga Sikhya Sathi Yojana?
As we said, the Kalinga Sikhya Sathi Yojana is specifically designed to fulfil the dreams of students from deprived backgrounds. Hence, not all students are eligible to apply for the scheme. Check out the eligibility standards that are required to be satisfied in order to avail of the KSSY loan cover up to 10 lakhs.
- Firstly, the student must belong to the state of Odisha.
- The net family income value must not exceed 6 lakhs per year.
- The applicant must not be registered any under educational scheme or equivalent from state/ central government.
- The terms and conditions of the loan will be decided and followed as per the applying bank.
- It is the duty of the bank to process the loan application of the student.
Kalinga Sikhya Sathi Scheme Registration Procedure
Interested and eligible students can apply for educational loans under KSSY Odisha in two ways, online as well as offline. The Vidhya Lakshmi Portal hosts the scheme and the students can apply online through the same. In the following section, we have summarized both the ways to avail of the loans.
Online Procedure to apply for KSSY
Step I:- Use the link given below to visit the web page of the KSSY on the DHE Odisha’s official website. Click here.
Step II:- Read all the instructions and information given on the page regarding the KSSY loan carefully. At the end of the page, tap on the “Click here to apply” icon to proceed.
Step III:- As you click on it, you will be redirected to the official portal of the Vidya Lakshmi. Vidya Lakshmi is an online portal that helps students to seek educational loans.
Step IV:- In order to apply for the loan, you will first have to register yourself at the portal. For that, scroll down the page, and click on the “Register Now” icon as depicted.
Step V:- A new registration window will appear on the screen. Fill in all the required details and lastly, click on the “Submit” button.
Step VI:- With this, your registration process is complete.
Step VII:- Now, go back to the homepage of the Vidhya Lakshmi portal and log in as a student with the required credentials.
Step VIII:- The application form for KSSY will appear on the screen. Feed the required details in the corresponding fields and save the details.
Step IX:- Upload the requisite list of documents in a specified manner. At last, submit all the details.
Your KSSY educational loan application has been submitted successfully.
Offline Procedure to apply for KSSY
- The applicants need to gather all their documents and visit any of the nearest empanelled bank.
- Collect the Kalinga Sikhya Sathi Yojana application form from the counter.
- Add your required details in the corresponding fields.
- Attach all the supporting documents along with the loan application.
- Submit the duly-filled the appliication form to the concerned authorities of the bank.
Your application is now successfully submitted. The authorities will process your application as soon as the verification is done.
List of Required Documents
In availing of the loan, the students will be needing the following enlisted documents to verify their details. Check the complete list below.
|iv||Bank account details|
|v||Academic Qualification Certificates and Mark sheets|
|vi||Proof of Residence|
|vii||Recent passport size photographs|
|viii||Active mobile number|
Steps to Log in as a Student on the Portal
- Go to the official website of the Vidhya Lakshmi Portal.
- On the top right corner of the homepage, click on the “LOG IN” tab.
- Then, select the option of “Student Login” from the list.
- Enter your log in credentials, such as username, password and captcha code.
- After that, click on the “Log in” button to proceed.
Note: Using the similar procedure as above, you can log in as a bank or government on the portal.
Steps to Search For Loans
- Visit the official website of the Vidhya Lakshmi portal.
- Available on the top right corner, tap on the tab “Search for Loans”.
- A new login page will appear.
- Enter your login details in the provided space.
- List of all the available loans will open.
- Click on the relevant links to check the details.
KSSY Important Links
|Department of Higher Education Odisha Official Website||Click here|
|Vidhya Lakshmi Official Portal||Click here|
|Apply Online for Kalinga Sikhya Sathi Yojana||Click here|
|Student Login||Click here|
|Search for Loans||Click here|
Hope you find the above piece informative. Share your views and suggestions regarding the same in the comment box below. Also, post your queries, if any.