YSR Sampoorna Poshana Plus Scheme: AP state government has implemented a huge number of schemes and running several programs for the welfare of various sections of society.
YSR Sampoorna Poshana Plus Scheme is one of the innovative schemes that has been launched by the Andhra Pradesh state government in 2020. This scheme aims to provide nutritional food to pregnant, lactating women and children coming from a vulnerable section of society.
To get complete information about the YSR Sampoorna Poshana Plus scheme, you must go through this post once. Here, you will be getting all the significant information and updates of this scheme such as a brief of this scheme, its implementation, features, advantages, application process etc. So, scroll down and have a quick look at this article.
Table of Contents
YSR Sampoorna Poshana Plus Scheme
Under this yojana lactating women, pregnant women and children are enrolled by Anganwadis who belong to BPL families to be provided nutritional food through the Anganwadi Centres. This scheme has been implemented in the state to provide additional nutritional food and supplements to all the pregnant women, lactating women and children who are enrolled in 77 Scheduled & Tribal mandals. These Scheduled & Tribal sub-plan mandals are spread over eight districts and 7 ITDAs (Integrated Tribal Development Agency) of the state.
Every year thousands of pregnant/ lactating women and children die because of matriculation in India. Lakhs of women suffer from anaemia and other health issues due to the lack of nutritious food pre and post-delivery of the child. When we talk about Andhra Pradesh, more than 50% of pregnant women are suffering from Anaemia and nearly 32% of small children have stunted growth due to poor nutrition. To eradicate this critical issue of malnutrition among women and children, State Govt launched two important schemes- YSR Sampoorna Poshana and YSR Sampoorna Poshana Plus Scheme.
Key Points YSR Sampoorna Poshana Plus Yojana
|Name of the scheme||YSR Sampoorna Poshana Plus Scheme|
|Article Category||AP Govt Scheme|
|Launched by||CM YS Jagan Mohan Reddy|
|Concerned Authorities||Women and Children Development Authority in each district|
|Date of announcement of the scheme||August 2020|
|The official launch of the scheme||1st September 2020|
|Beneficiary||Pregnant women and young children|
|Benefits offered under the scheme||Nutritional food to both women and children|
|Expenditure involved||Rs.1100/- per beneficiary per month|
|Application & Identification of Beneficiary||Through surveys conducted by Anganwadi Centers|
|Fund Allocated for the scheme||Rs.1555.56 crores|
The target beneficiaries of this scheme are the women and children of the tribal population of the state. Tribal population is the most vulnerable section as here we can notice the maximum level of malnutrition, stunned growth of children, high infant mortality rate and various other issues. Various factors lead to malnutrition in this section. Some of the major reasons are shared below in this section-
- Poor sanitation system
- Lack of portal drinking water and other basic necessities
- Lack of knowledge about health, balanced diet, and nutrition
- Less access to hospital and medical facilities
Objective of AP Sampoorna Poshana Plus Scheme
- The main objective of this scheme is to address the problem of Anaemia in pregnant women and lactating mothers and under-nutrition in children belonging to the tribal population of the state.
- To empower women of the vulnerable section.
- To reduce the rate of maternal and infant mortality and to address the health issues in poor women of the state.
- The scheme is only for the tribal children and women who of the who are expecting or has given birth to a child.
- The beneficiaries of the schemes are provided healthy, nutritious food through the mode of cooked meals and take-home ration.
- The identification of beneficiaries is done through the data collected by the Anganwadi Centres.
- The scheme covers more than 3 lakh tribal women of the state.
- Ration to beneficiaries is provided through home delivery on a monthly basis.
- The scheme is supervised by the Department of Women Development and Child Welfare and is carried forward by the thousands of Anganwadi centers.
Benefits of YSR Sampoorna Poshana Plus Scheme
Advantages of this scheme mainly include the following points-
- To check complications of under-nutrition in both mothers and children
- Beneficiaries get nutritious food at the doorsteps.
- Eligible women are provided take home ration on monthly basis
- Hot cooked mid-day nutritional meals and Feeding facility to children and eligible women is also provides at the Anganwadi centers.
- Education and study facility to children in English medium at Anganwadis
- Regular check of health and weight of children and women at AWC.
Food Meal Plan of YSR SPP Scheme
Check the food model approved by the state government for beneficiaries under this scheme shared below in the table-
|Category (Age)||Frequency||Food Meals||Mode of food delivery||Monthly Cost for Each Beneficiary|
|Children (6 to 36 months)||For 30 days/ month||1 egg daily for 30 days 20 ml milk daily for 30 days 100 gms Balamrutham daily for 30 days||Take-Home Ration (THR)||Rs. 600/-|
|Children (36 months to 72 months)||For 25 days / month||Hot cooked meal for 25 days (includes 75 gm Rice, 15 gm Dal 15, 5 gm oil & 25 gm Vegetables) 20 ml milk daily for 25 day1 egg daily for 25 days Cakes/ Ladoo Payasum/ /Biscuits for 25 days||Feeding at Anganwadi centre||Rs. 560/-|
|Pregnant women & Lactating mothers||For 25 days / month||Hot cooked meal for 25 days (includes 125 gms Rice, 30 gms Dal, 16 gms Oil, 50 gms Vegetables) 1 egg daily for 25 days200 ml milk daily for 25 days weekly THR including Millet, protein, energy-based and iron-based nutrition|
– 1st week- 2kg Multigrain atta/ wheat flour 2kg
– 2nd week- 500gm Groundnut chikki
– 3rd week- 500 gms Ragi flour / wheat flour & 500 gm jaggery
– 4th week- 500 gm Til Laddu
|Weekly THR & Feeding at AWC||Rs. 1062/-|
Check the eligibility requirements for this scheme-
- The beneficiary should be domiciled in Andhra Pradesh
- All the pregnant women and lactating mothers of the state are eligible for this scheme.
- These women should belong to the tribal population that means they must be from the BPL/ Backward category and a low-income group of the state.
- All the infants, children aged from 6 to 36 months and 36 to 72 months enrolled in Anganwadies are eligible under this scheme.
Applicants have to submit the following details at the time of registration-
- Identity Proof of applicant
- Residential Proof of the applicant
- Age Proof of the women
- Medical Certificate of Women
Enrollment Procedure in the scheme
The scheme is implemented with the help of various authorities and units such as Anganwadi workers, ITDA and District women, and the Development Authority of children and women. Check the important points of the YSR Sampoorna Poshana Plus scheme registration and implementation process here in this section-
- The identification and registration of beneficiaries at the primary level are done by the Anganwadi Centers. Here data is collected and registration is done by the Anganwadi workers.
- All the children (6 months to 6 years) are recorded in the data
- Pregnant women data is recorded
- Lactating mothers will be registered
- These Anganwadi workers keep regular track of the health of beneficiaries such as Growth monitoring (height and weight) of every child.
- Weight of pregnant women is monitored every month.
- The data collected at these centres are stored in Common Registration Software (CAS).
- The AWW/Supervisor will furnish the list of SUM/SAM/MAM children to ASHA/ ANM/ MO (PHC).
- Every month the food & ration provided under this scheme is delivered to the beneficiary home by the Anganwadi workers.
For queries related to this scheme, you can contact at the toll-free number shared below-
Toll-Free no- 14408
Nearly 30,16,000 beneficiaries are going to cover and benefit from this state scheme.
No, the online application process is available. Those who wish to apply can contact the concerned Anganwadi workers of their area.
No, registration of eligible beneficiaries is completely free. No fee is charged from the applicants.
The government provide food under this scheme with the help of Anganwadi Centers. These centres provide cooked/ mid-day meals at the AWC and also deliver ration to the doorsteps of the beneficiary.