Rythu Bheema Pathakam | రైతు బీమా పథకం | Telangana Rao Rythu Bheema Pathakam Apply | Rythu Bima Insurance farmer list
The Government of Telangana introduced the Rythu Bheema Pathakam scheme to lend a helping hand towards the poor farmers of the state. CM K. Chandrashekar Rao launched this scheme in order to improve the agriculture sector of the state. Since agriculture is one of the major sources of income in Telangana, therefore, it became very critical to look into conditions of farmers of the state. Read out the article below to get all the details regarding the Farmers Insurance Scheme called Rythu Bheema Pathakam in Telugu. We have also shared the objectives & benefits of the scheme along with its eligibility criteria and application procedure.
What is Rythu Bheema Pathakam?
Rythu Bheema Pathakam (Rythu Bima) is a Farmers Group Life Insurance Scheme. It is introduced for the farmers residing within the state of Telangana. The Telangana government launched the scheme in the hopes to improve the levels of agriculture sector of the state.
The agricultural lands of the state are prone to the frequent occurrence of droughts. Also, the technological methods of farming are also not very widespread. As a consequence, the income levels from the agriculture sector were degrading.
Telangana government has launched two policies that benefit the farmers. The policies are run under the Department of Agriculture, Telangana. The two policies are-
- Rythu Bandhu – This scheme focuses on enhancing agricultural productivity within the state. Under this scheme, Rs. 4,000 is granted per acre to every farmer to invest in seeds, fertilizers, pesticides and others to improve the health and yield of the crops.
- Rythu Bheema – This scheme focuses on providing financial aid to the family members of the deceased farmers due to any natural cause. Under this scheme, Rs. 5 lacs is granted to the designated nominee of the deceased farmer within 10 days.
Telangana is the first state of India to introduce such a scheme that would provide life insurance to the farmers. The majority of the farmers in the state belongs to the deprived households and the only source of their livelihood is agriculture. Hence, it becomes very crucial to look out for such farmers.
Overview of Rythu Bheema Pathakam
|Category||Farmers Group Life Insurance Scheme|
|Scheme Name||Rythu Bheema Pathakam|
|State||Telangana Govt Scheme|
|Launched by||CM K. Chandrashekhar Rao|
|Launched on||August 14th, 2018|
|Department||Department of Agriculture, Telangana|
|Beneficiaries||Families of the deceased farmers|
|Benefits||Monetary benefits of 5 lacs|
|Insurance Company||LIC India|
|Application Form Availability||Online|
Objectives of Rythu Bheema Pathakam
The main objective of the scheme is to benefit the poor farmers residing within the state of Telangana. Rythu Bheema Pathakam scheme tends to help the family members of the deceased farmers. The following list contains the key objectives of the scheme.
- The scheme aims at providing financial aid to the family members of the deceased farmers of the state.
- An insured sum of INR 5 lacs will be disbursed to the designated nominee of the deceased farmer.
- Life Insurance Corporation (LIC), India will release the funds within the time period of 10 days of application.
- The scheme will help the deprived households to cope up with the loss at the financial levels.
Benefits of Rythu Bima Pathakam
The scheme has proved out to be very successful. The people engaged in the agriculture sector are now a little more secure than before. The major benefits that can be availed under this scheme are:
- The scheme majorly benefits the small and marginal farmers of the state.
- It grants an insured financial aid of Rs. 5 lacs to the beneficiaries.
- Improves the socio-economic status of the poor farmers.
- Financial relief at the times of demise.
Following is the data representing the number of claims settled under Rythu Bheema Pathakam in 2020-21. Around 32.73 lacs farmers enrolled themselves for the scheme. A total amount of Rs. 1,141.44 crore has been released to be disbursed among 3300+ settled claims so far. An annual premium of Rs. 3486.90 /- has been paid by the government to every farmer this year.
Rythu Bima Pathakam Statistics
|Number of Farmers enrolled||31.25 lacs||30.72 lacs|
|Total Premium paid||710.58 crores||1065.37 crores|
|Premium paid per farmer||Rs. 2271.5||Rs. 3457.40|
Implementation of Rythu Bheema Pathakam
For the effective implementation of the scheme, various IT-driven online portals and MIS have been developed with technical support from NIC (National Informatics Centre). The scheme is different from others as there is no need for the applicant to approach any office. The appointed village level officers will collect data and submit the details to the concerned authorities. Within 10 days of application, the claimed amount will be debited to the applicant’s account via RTGS.
Rythu Bheema Pathakam Eligibility
It is mandatory for the applicant to satisfy the following eligibility criteria in order to avail the benefits of the scheme.
- The scheme is only applicable to the farmers.
- The farmers must be of Telangana state.
- To prove their residence, the farmer must possess Domicile certificate of the state under his name.
- The farmers must belong to the age group of 18-59 years to avail the scheme as on July 1st of the current financial year.
- The age of the applicant will be verified as the age described on his/her Aadhar Card.
- The applicant can apply for a single policy only.
- The applicant must own some piece of agricultural land under his/her name.
- Lateral entry: In any case of issues regarding the mutation of land or issue of fresh passbook to the purchase and the purchaser will be considered enrolled in the scheme if not enrolled already.
Also Check: PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana
Rythu Bheema Pathakam Apply Online Procedure
The application form to avail of the scheme is available on the official portal of the scheme. To apply for the Rythu Bheema Pathakam scheme, the beneficiaries need to follow the following procedure.
1. The applicant must visit the official website of the Rythu Bandhu (link provided below). Next, click on the Rythu Bima icon.
2. You will be redirected to the official portal of the Rythu Bima Pathakam.
3. Search for the “Claim Form Download” on the right side of the page under the Notifications section.
4. Clicking on the link, a claim form will be downloaded to your system in MS Word form.
5. The applicants need to take the printout of the form.
6. Fill up the form providing all the correct information.
7. Submit the duly filled form either at the hospital while taking possession of the dead body or to the nearest LIC office.
8. The funds will be transferred to the applicant’s account in the course period of 10 days.
Telangana Rythu Bheema Pathakam Claim Form
The claim form is the form to be filled by the nominee of the deceased farmer to acclaim the insurance money under the Rythu Bheema Pathakam scheme. The link to download the claim form is available on the official portal of this farmers insurance scheme. After clicking on the link, the form will be downloaded in the document format and will directly open in MS Word. The applicants must fill this form carefully and submit the same at the hospital while possessing the body or at any LIC branch along with the list of documents provided in the next section of the article.
Particulars mentioned on the Claim Form
- Master Policy Holder
- Details of the deceased farmer
- Date of Death
- Date of entry into the scheme
- Aadhar Card number
- Passbook number
- Details of the Nominee
- Name of the Appointee
- Aadhar Card number
- Bank account number
- Name and Address of the bank
- Signature of the nominee
- Discharge Receipt of funds
- Signature of Mandal Agriculture Officer
- Seal of Mandal Agriculture Officer
- Signature of Nominee
- Revenue Stamp
- Bank account details
- Signature of Mandal Agriculture Officer
- Seal of Mandal Agriculture Officer
We have also provided the direct link to download the claim form at the end of the page.
You may be interested in this TS scheme: Telangana Meeseva Portal 2.0 Registration and benefits
TS Rythu Bheema Pathakam Documents Required
If any eligible nominee is interested in availing the benefits of Rythu Bima Pathakam, he must carry the following list of documents to the LIC office or the hospital while submitting the duly signed claim form.
- Claim Form
- Death Certificate of the Farmer
- Aadhar Card of the deceased Farmer
- Aadhar Card of the applicant
- First page of the bank passbook
Check This: प्रधानमंत्री ग्रामीण आवास लिस्ट 2021
Bank Details Collection Form
The applicants must fill in a Bank Details Collection Form. It will include the details like Name of the farmer, Aadhar number, PPB number issued by Mandal Revenue Officer and bank details such as name, branch, account number, etc. The form will be checked and uploaded on the portal after being signed by Mandal Agriculture Officer.
రైతు బీమా పథకం Application Status
To track the status of their Rythu Bheema Pathakam insurance money, the applicants can visit any of the LIC branch offices. At the LIC branch office, the applicants must produce the death certificate of the farmer and the bank passbook number. By feeding the details into the system, the LIC officer shall inform you about the status of your respective scheme application.
TS Rythu Bheema Pathakam Department Login
- Firstly, go to the official portal of Rythu Bima Pathakam.
- Click on the Department Login tab available.
- A login dialog box will appear as soon as you click on the tab.
- Login using your username & password and Enter the captcha code.
- Finally, hit the Login button.
Rythu Bandhu Mobile App
The Agriculture Department of Telangana state has also launched a mobile application called Rythu Bandhu. The application is designed to provide all the latest information regarding the scheme. One can download this application through the link available on the official portal. The downloaded file will be an apk file and the applicants can install it into their smartphones thereafter.
Frequently Asked Questions
Rythu Bheema Pathakam (రైతు బీమా పథకం) is the Farmers Insurance Scheme introduced by the Telangana government to help the families of the deceased farmers of the state.
Rythu Bheema Pathakam was launched by the Chief Minister of Telangana, K. Chandrashekhar Rao.
Rythu Bheema Pathakam has been in practice since 14th August 2018.
The main objective of the Rythu Bheema Pathakam scheme is to improve the agriculture sector of Telangana by granting some financial aid to the families of the deceased farmers of the state.
Under Rythu Bheema Scheme, an insured amount of Rs. 5 lacs is granted to the beneficiaries within 10 days of the application.
Department of Agriculture under the Government of Telangana holds the master policy.
Rythu Bheema Pathakam funds are regulated by LIC, India.
The amount is transferred to the applicant’s account within 10 days of the application.
No, to apply for the scheme one must belong to the age group of 18-59 years.
No, only those candidates can apply who own their own piece of agricultural land.
You can find the claim form of the scheme on the official portal of the Rythu Bheema Pathakam.
Claim Form, Death Certificate, Aadhar Card of the deceased Farmer & the applicant and
the first page of the applicant’s bank passbook.
Yes, you can check the status of your application by visiting your nearest LIC branch.
You can mail your issues at firstname.lastname@example.org. or call on 040 2338 3520.
రైతు బీమా పథకం
|Official Portal||Click here|
|Claim Form||Click here|
|Bank Detail Collection Form||Click here|
|Mobile Application||Click here|
|PM SvaNidhi Yojana||Click here|
Rythu Bheema Pathakam Helpline
For queries regarding the scheme, contact the nodal officer of your respective districts. You can also mail your issues at email@example.com. or call on 040 2338 3520.