This scheme was launched by the chief minister of Gujarat Shri Vijay Rupani, for the welfare of the natives of Gujarat, this scheme has been launched in the portal of the National Social Assistance Programme (NSAP). Gujarat Vidhya Sahay Yojana’s plan helps the woman to build up confidence, after the death of her husband, and also gives them the courage to face the difficult situations of life. Via this program, women can independently stand up on their own and assist their families too, by supporting them financially.
In this article, we cover all the aspects of this Ganga Swarupa scheme, which you can find, its benefits and objectives, how to fill the Gujarat Vidhya Sahay application form? How do contact them? How you can log in to the portal and all the important links are given in this article. So you can scroll down to get answers.
Table of Contents
Gujarat Vidhva Sahay Yojana 2023
The Gujarat Vidhva Sahay Yojana is now known to be Ganga Swaroop Yojana, in which the government has provided financial assistance to that woman whose husband had died. This scheme was launched under the program of Women and the Child Development, according to the projection of the scheme around 3.70 lakh widows of the minor communities will take the benefit of this yojana, and those women will be selected from the 33 districts of Gujarat.
Earlier the scheme was launched with a budget of 1.64 lakhs but later on, it was changed up to 3.70 lakh, so that the maximum number of people will take the advantage of the scheme. This scheme not only provides money to the women but also the independence to live respectfully in the community. Even though the government also revised the pension amount which was now increased from 1000 to 1250 INR, for the well-being of the people, and the pension amount will be transferred through the DBT mode which is now followed by every government organization to transfer the money.
Objectives of Vidhva Sahay
By launching this scheme, the government has a motto to make the state financially stable, and every family can live in a better way. By this scheme the Gujarat state Govt. providing money to the widow, and take steps forward to the Women’s Empowerment, by giving this slogan that everyone (including women) has the right to work, which begins the progress of the state.
The administration has organized this scheme is to protect them from the financial burden of the family after the death of the husband. Under this scheme, the government has provided equal chances to widows so that they can start her life by making themselves independent, they provide a government job opportunity as well under this scheme.
|Name of Yojana||Gujarat Vidhva Sahay|
|Sponsored by||Government of Gujarat|
|Payees||Widows of the Gujarat government|
|Major Benefits of the scheme||1250 INR as a monthly allowance|
|Main Objective of the Scheme||to allow the minor families to live better lives.|
|Scheme comes under||Gujarat Scheme|
|Category of the article||Scheme|
What are the Vidhva Sahay Yojana Gujarat Major Benefits?
This scheme has been launched for the benefit of the Widow of Gujarat, who belongs to the minor community of the society. So by providing amounts decided by the Government of Gujarat, for this scheme, which can help them to spend their livelihood better. And this amount will be directly credited to the beneficiary account, by Direct Bank Transfer Method.
The amount which is decided by the Gujarat Government is 1250 INR per month, which will be credited in every first week of the month as a pension. To take the benefit of the scheme the candidate must be eligible for this scheme, the detail of the eligibility criteria are given below.
If you want to fill the application form of the Gujarat Vidhva Sahay Yojana, before that you have to go through the eligibility criteria of the scheme, which are given below:-
- The applicant must acquire the domicile of Gujarat.
- The candidate must come under the category of the BPL (Below the poverty line)
- The minimum age of the applicant should be 18 years and a maximum of 60 years.
- Only widow candidates are eligible for this scheme.
- The candidate must relate to the EWS (Economical weaker section) of the society.
- The certificate of annual income has to be submitted along with the application form.
- If the candidate belongs from the rural area, then the salary should be less than or equal should 1 lakh and 20k INR per annum.
- And if the applicant belongs from the urban area, then the annual family income should be less than or equal to the 1 lakh and 50K INR per annum.
- If the widow woman will be married again, then she cannot take the benefit of this scheme.
What is amount has to be paid by the applicant for the application form?
The applicant has to submit the application fees i.e thirty INR, the amount that has been charged by the government, for the services they are providing to the people of Gujarat. The fees will be charged at the time of the submission of the application form along with the documents.
After seeing the eligibility criteria then the foremost work of the candidate is to assemble all the documents, for that you need a list of all the documents, we make a table of all the essential documents, which can be helpful and easy to assemble documents in all together. The table of the listed documents is as follows:
|Certificate of the residence proof (Domicile certificate)||Annual Family Income certificate|
|Certificate of the Spouse Death evidence||Age proof certificate|
|Self Declaration/ Affidavit form||Certificate of Education|
|Bank details with the attached copy of the Bank passbook||Government Id proof|
For age proof you can give the following certificates:-
- Your birth certificate
- Secondary school mark sheets also count as evidence of age.
- Any photo-based government id like Aadhaar card, PAN card, voter ID, etc.
- You can also submit the medical certificate enquired by the medical officer of the government or the civil hospital, it is only in the case when you don’t have any of the above mention certificates.
The certificate of Husband’s death which includes
- Funeral slip
- Cremation slip
- Post mortem report (if any)
- Hospital report
- FRI/PIR report (if any)
- village or the local authority certificate
Gujarat Vidhva Sahay Yojana Application Form Fillling
The process to fill the application form for the Gujarat Vidhva Sahay Yojana is to be done through offline mode. To fill the application form accurately candidates must follow the below-listed steps:
- To download the application form, the applicant must visit the official site of Gujarat.
- Then after downloading the application form, which appears on your screen.
- Take a printout of that application form.
- First, read carefully, all the questions on the application form
- Once you fill in all the details, attach all the assemble documents.
- Then check the application form and all the documents once again.
- After doing all these things, you need to visit the Social security office, for submitting your documents.
- And then after verifying your application form and documents, you will get an Approval Certificate, which has to be given by the Social security Department.
Note: You can download the application form from the below link-
How to submit the Application form
Through this flow chart you can easily understand the process to submit the application form to the Department of Social Security:
What is Gujarat Vidhva Sahay Selection Process?
The selection starts on that day when you submitted your application form along with the documents, the process will take time, because they have to through the legal process, and verify each document of the individual. Until the verification work candidate has to wait for approval, once the verification process has been done, the list of the selected candidates has been released. Then the selected applicant can collect the Approval letter from the Social security Department.
What is the certified copy of the evidence according to the guidelines of the scheme?
These are the following documents are come under the certified copy of the evidence, which has to be submitted for verification of the candidate:
|The applicant must submit the Affidavit, as per the guidelines (As per Appendix 2/3)||The family income certificate, which includes all the sources of income (As per Appendix 3/4).|
|The application form of the applicant (As per Appendix-1/2)||Death certificate of the deceased person|
|Widow certificate (as per Appendix 3/4): it is an essential certificate for this scheme.||Birth certificate of the applicant|
|Education and Qualification documents of the candidate.||Heir’s genealogy of the candidate’s husband.|
|If the candidate is qualified, and has an age between 18 to 30 years, can join any training center which has to be government-approved.||Proof of the identification mark has to be submitted by the applicant.|
The main feature of the Gujarat Vidhva Sahay Yojana was started under the Women and Child Development, for the well-being of the widow of Gujarat. The key points are as follows:-
- This scheme was 100 percent funded by the government of Gujarat, as per the budget decided by the administration department.
- The amount of the money will be provided on the monthly basis to the selected candidate.
- It provides the chance to the people so that they can live better.
- You can submit the application form on the counter only i.e by offline mode.
- The transfer of money can be done through DBT (Direct Bank Transfer).
- It only for those women candidates who belong from the Below the Poverty Line category.
- This scheme was known by the name of Ganga Swarupa Yojana.
- The mass which was offered by the government of Gujarat is 1250 INR.
The main purpose to organized this scheme in Gujarat is to help the widows financially so that they can support their families and earn individually.
You can submit either one of the following certificates: burial certificate, report of an autopsy, any document related to the infirmary, First Information Report, etc.
Concerning the official notification, you have to pay 30 INR for the services, you get from the government.
You need the following legal certificates: State Residential evidence, Yearly Income certificate, Spouse Passing doc., Affirmation doc., your age/qualification doc., Identification proof.
The sum of the money provided to the pensioners is 1250 Indian rupees, which will be given to each selected individual.
No, as per the announcement this scheme is only for widows, so if the woman gets remarry then her pension will be closed.
For Rural area- income should be >= 1,20,000 INR yearly
For Urban area- income should be >= 1,50,000 INR yearly
All the documents and the requisition form will be submitted to the counter of the Social security office.
|For Downloading the Application Form||Click Here|
|For registration||Click Here|
|Official site link||Click Here|
Here we are providing the contact details so that it will be easy for the candidates to visit the office for submitting the application form and also you can ask the query between 10:30 am and 6:10 pm: Jan Seva Kendra, Bharuch, District Collector Office, Railway Colony, Bharuch, Gujarat-392001.