UDID Card Apply Online Registration: The Unique Disability Identity Document or Swavlamban Card is a beneficial initiative of the Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities. Unique Disability ID card is for People with Disabilities and makes their operations in society much easier. Read this article to know more about the UDID and its registration procedure, eligibility, benefits, login, card status, etc.
Table of Contents
Unique Disability Identity Document
The Persons with Disabilities always had to carry certain necessary documents to prove their underprivileged to gain social consideration. This was a complicated method for the citizens of this category. For the comfort and ease of these citizens, the government has introduced Unique Disability Identity Document. This will be a precise ID card that will be issued only to disable people. Instead of carrying the load of documents, they can rather carry this ID card. This ID Card will contain all the necessary documents that the disabled require to prove their inabilities.
Department of Disability Affairs
The Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India is constantly striving for the betterment of Indian Citizens. “Disability” is a less focused subject in the Indian Constitution but the ministry has always been proactive in this sector. As a result, on 12 May 2012, the ministry separated the Department of Disability Affairs (Nishaktata Karya Vibhag) for better functioning. Cabinet Secretariat’s Notification changed the name of the department on 9th December 2014 to Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (Viklangjan Sashaktikaran Vibhag). The department has been taking measures in favor of the concerned category since then and now they have introduced UDID.
UDID Card Apply for Person with Disabilities
The Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities, The Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India recognizes the following as disabilities:
Locomotor Disability (A person’s movement inability)
- Leprosy Cured Person: A patient cured of leprosy but is suffering from :
- Numbness in hands/feet as well as loss of sensation and paresis in the eye and eye-lid but with no manifest deformity.
- Manifest deformity and paresis but ability of movements in hands & feet to be able to get involved in normal activities.
- Extreme Physical Deformity and Advanced Age.
- Cerebral Palsy: A non-progressive neurological condition affecting body mobility and muscle coordination which generally occures before/during or shortly after birth.
- Dwarfism: Condition in which adult height is 147 centimetres or even lesser.
- Muscular Dystrophy: A category of hereditary genetic muscle disease that weakens the muscles that move the human body and persons resulting in progressive skeletal muscle weakness, death of muscle cells & tissues and defective muscle proteins.
- Victims of Acid Attack: A survivor of violent assault of acid.
- Blindness: A condition involving any of the following:
- Total absence of vision
- Visuality level less than 3/60 or less than 10/200 (Snellen) in the better eye
- Field of vision limiting to an angle subtension of less than 10 degree.
- Low-Vision: A condition where a person is suffering from:
- Vision clarity not more than 6/18 or less than 20/60 upto 3/60 or upto 10/200 in the better eye.
- Limitation of the field of vision to an angle of less than 40 degree up to 10 degree.
- Deaf: Loss in hearing of 70 DB in speech frequencies in both the ears.
- Hard of Hearing: 60 DB to 70 DB hearing loss in frequencies of speech in both ears.
Speech and Language Disability
Permanent disability due to conditions such as laryngectomy or aphasia causing difficulty in speech and language.
A condition identified by notable weakness in intellectual functioning like reasoning, problem-solving, or learning, and in adaptive behaviour that incorporates a series of daily social and functional skills.
Specific Learning Disabilities
The complex types of conditions causing difficulty in processing communication and may exhibit themselves as a difficulty to comprehend, articulate, or do mathematical calculations. For Example Perceptual Disabilities, Dyscalculia, Dyspraxia, Dyslexia, Developmental Aphasia, and Dysgraphia.
Autism Spectrum Disorder
The neuro-Developmental condition normally emerging in the first three years of life. It affects a person’s ability to communicate, understand relationships and relate to others, and is frequently associated with unusual or stereotypical rituals or behaviours.
Alteration in thinking, analysis, orientation, mood, or memory that impairs judgment, behavior, recognition capacity, or ability to meet the ordinary life demands. It excludes retardation which is a condition of arrested or incomplete development of the mind of a person, especially identified by subnormality of intelligence.
Disability due to Medical Condition
Chronic Neurological Conditions
- Multiple Sclerosis: Inflammatory nervous system disease characterised by damage of the myelin sheaths protecting the axons of nerve cells of spinal cord and the brain.This leads to demyelination and disability of communication between nerve cells in brain and spinal cord.
- Parkinson’s Disease: Progressive illness of the neuronic system marked by tremor, rigid muscles and slow movement, primarily affecting people of middle ages or above and is associated with degeneration of the basal ganglia and lack of the neurotransmitter dopamine.
- Haemophilia: Inheritable disease that only affects males but is genetically transferred by women to her male child. This disease includes inability in clotting of blood due to which patient experiences fatal bleeding even in minor injuries.
- Thalassemia: Group of inherited disorders characterised by reduction or absence of haemoglobin.
- Sickle cell disease: Hemolytic disorder due to which a person suffers from chronic anemia, pain, and various other complications due to permanent damage to cell membrane of red blood cells causing release of hemoglobin.
More than one of the above-specified disabilities found in a patient are multiple disabilities. This includes disorders like deaf-blindness where a person may have difficulty in both hearing ability and vision causing profound problems in communication and development.
Any further addition to the disabilities category will be notified by the Central Government.
UDID Card Apply form
The population percentage of differently-abled people in India is approximately 2.2% and they have to undergo time-consuming procedures for obtaining documents. There are various documents that they further need to carry with them to avail themselves the government-aided benefits. The government discarded this complicated process to issue a unique ID Card only to disable people. This detailed ID card will contain all the documents which a reader will be able to decode. This ID Card will not only verify the disabled people but also help them in availing beneficial schemes of the government.
Unique Disability Identity Document Card Objective
The prime objective to provide the UDID or Swavlamban Card is to enable PwDs to avail all the disability beneficiary schemes. These cards will provide availability of details pan-India through a centralized web portal which will result in effective management. The Ministry will also get a proper database of details of citizens of this category. Eventually, they will be able to maintain a record of the physical and financial progress of the registered beneficiaries.
Benefits of UDID Card
The differently-abled citizens will get the following benefits from the UDID Card:
- The card will be valid throughout the country.
- No need to make, maintain and carry copies of disability documents since the card will capture the necessary details.
- The details can be extracted from the ID card by decoding them using a reader.
- The UDID card will be the single document of identification and verification of the disabled.
- They can benefit of all the available schemes using the card.
- The UDID Card will also help in recording the progress of ID Card holders at different governing levels.
Eligibility for UDID Card
The following is the eligibility criteria for issuance of a UDID Card:
- The person must be a citizen of India.
- The person should be have any of the above mentioned disabilities (recognised by Central Government).
- Should possess all the necessary documents required at the time of registrastion.
Documents for Swavlamban Card
The subsequent documents will be needed while filling out the application form for UDID Card:
- Photograph of the Applicant (Size 2 X 3 in case of offline form, and jpeg, jpg, gif and png image with size 15 KB to 30 KB for online form)
- Certificate for OBC/SC/ST (if applicable)
- Document for Address proof: Driving Licence, Voter ID, Ration Card or Domicile Certificate
- Disability Certificate (if possible)
- Identity proof: Aadhar Card, Driving Licence, Voter ID, PAN Card or Ration Card
- Mobile Number
- Email ID
- Signature ( jpeg, jpg, gif and png image with size 3 KB to 30 KB in case of an online apllication form)
Other Popular Central Govt schemes:
- Jila Udyog loan Apply Form
- प्रधानमंत्री आवास योजना लिस्ट
- E-Sampada Portal User Registration
- आयुष्मान भारत गोल्डन कार्ड
- E Shramik Registration
- राष्ट्रीय ग्रामीण स्वास्थ्य मिशन
- प्रधानमंत्री वय वंदना योजना 2022 क्या है
- आयुष्मान सहकार योजना ऑनलाइन
- प्रधानमंत्री उज्ज्वला योजना
Schemes for Disabled
The Indian Government offers various schemes for differently-abled citizens and they can easily access these schemes using the UDID Card. The following are those schemes:
- Divyanjan Swavalamban Yojana: The main objective is to provide concessional benefit to the differently abled as per the rules of the PwD Act, 2016, for:
- Occupational start ups
- Education after schooling level
- Vocational education for improvement of skills
- Customisation of disability-friendly vehicle
- Loan facility to the visually impaired to buy the helping items
- NHFDC provides banking facilities for PwD at a very nominal rate.
- Deendayal Disabled Rehabilitation Scheme (DDRS)- The prime plan this scheme in accordance with Persons with Disabilities Act,1995 is to ensure deliverence of social justice and equity by empowering them with similar opportunities by:
- Increasing the educational opportunity at every level to increase crucial professional and vocational chances.
- Provide architectural facilities at entertainment spots to promote social inclusiveness and relaxation.
- Travelling allowance for small trips.
- Betterment of Government Rehabilitation Homes to support healthy lifestyle.
- Assistance for Disabled Persons (ADIP): The main objective is to assist the PwD to get the latest and enhanced products to improve their physical abilities and increase social acceptance and thus improving their overall mental health. National Institutes like ALIMCO, and NGOs associated with disabilities department are helping in implementation of this scheme.
- Accessible India Campaign: Another name for this campaign is Sugamya Bharat Abhiyan and it aims at providing universal accessibility to PwDs by:
- Building environmental accessibility by removing obstacles in both indoor and outdoor facilities at schools, workplaces, and footpaths like installing ramps and railings.
- Providing transportation system accessibility by making air travel, trains, taxis, and buses easily accessible for PwDs.
- Improving information and communication eco-system accessibility by making information easily accessible without any discrimination.
UDID Card Apply Application Form Online
Candidates can either download the offline application form or directly fill an online application from the portal swavlambancard.gov.in. The procedure to do so is as follows:
- Visit the official website of swavlambancard.gov.in.
- Either click on the “Register” option on the portal head or on “REGISTER NOW” on the image or “Apply for Disability Certificae & UDID Card”. All the three options will take you to the application form web page.
- In the application form page, choose the language you wish to fill the form in.
- Enter all the required fields in personal details section.
- Attach the applicant photograph, signature, and proof of correspondance address and click “NEXT”.
- Enter the disability details.
- Attach the disabilirty certificate and click “NEXT”.
- Enter the employment details and click “NEXT”.
- Attach an identity proof and type in the respective details.
- Recheck the application form and submit.
UDID Card Apply Offline Application Form
- Visit the official web portal of swavlambancard.gov.in.
- click on the “Apply for Disability Certificae & UDID Card” option.
- An online application form will open up.
- Click on the “Download Form” option above.
- For the direct offline application form link, click here.
- Print the application form.
- Fill in all the details and attach all the required documents.
- Submit the completely filled form with attested documents at CMO of your location.
UDID Card Verification Process
The verification process will be carried out efficiently at the CMO office in an offline mode. The CMO Office Medical Authority will confirm the details mentioned in the application form and allots an expert to lead an evaluation. The official verifies and assesses the incapacity of PWD. Based on this evaluation, the clinical board allocates the incapacity rate. Meanwhile, the CMO office sets up the handicap declaration prepares the UDID. Once the UDID card is prepared, it is dispatched to the applicant at the given address.
Other services on the portal
Go to the official web portal of swavlambancard.gov.in and choose the appropriate service.
Disability Certificate & UDID Card Renewal
To apply for renewal of disability certificate and UDID Card, fill the renewal application form with the enrollment number, UDID Card number, email ID, mobile number, and other required details. Decode and enter the captcha given in the form and submit the renewal application.
In case someone loses the UDID card, they can reapply to get a new copy of the UDID card by requesting one. The applicant must know the enrollment number and the UDID card number to fill the application form.
Unique Disability Identity Document Card Track Application Status
An applicant can track his/her application status by simply entering ANY of the following in the “Track Application Status” box:
- Enrolment number
- UDID number
- Request number
- Mobile number
- Aadhar number
e-Disability Card and e-UDID card
If a PwD wishes to download the e-Disability card or e-UDID card, they download it by logging into the portal after heading on to the “Download e-Disability card or e-UDID card” box. The log-in credentials are the enrolment number or UDID number and the date of birth of the cardholder.
Update Personal Profile
To update the personal profile, the cardholders will have to log in under the “Update Personal Profile” page by using the same login credentials which are to be used while downloading the e-UDID card.
To reach out to the helpdesk, follow the subsequent steps:
- Open the official website of swavlambancard.gov.in.
- Click on the “Contact Us” header and consequently a query form will open up.
- Enter your name, email, subject of the query and the message.
- Finally, enter the captcha code and submit the application.
Recommended Next Read:
- उज्ज्वला योजना लिस्ट
- प्रधानमंत्री किसान मानधन योजना
- प्रधानमंत्री कौशल विकास योजना
- PM FME Scheme in Hindi
- ग्राहक सेवा केंद्र CSP ऑनलाइन रजिस्ट्रेशन
- How to Use Mparivahan App
- प्रधानमंत्री बेरोजगारी भत्ता योजना
- पंचवर्षीय योजना क्या है
- PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Correction
- EWS Certificate
You can also contact the director of the Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities by sending an email at email@example.com or click on the “Contact Details of State Official/Coordinator under UDID Project” box to get a detailed state-wise contact list. Queries can be also put down in the comment section below and our team will certainly try its best to answer them.
ऐसी ही और भी सरकारी योजनाओं की जानकारी पाने के लिए हमारी वेबसाइट pmmodiyojanaye.in को बुकमार्क जरूर करें ।