The scheme is launched to provide help to the students from 9th to 12th Standard by providing them bicycles. Sabooj Scheme schemes launched by the government of West Bengal have already covered more than 82 lakhs of students by granting them bicycles. The scheme is for the students residing in the state of West Bengal. The article has all the information about the WB Sabooj Scheme and candidates who are looking ahead to avail benefits of the scheme can refer to the complete article below.
The schemer is similar to the other welfare scheme launched in West Bengal. The scheme can be availed by the students only if they fulfill the required eligibility criteria for it. This scheme has been inaugurated by the chief minister of the state and the authority will be distributing the bicycle to the beneficiaries.
Table of Contents
Sabooj Sathi Scheme 2023
The state of West Bengal has always been providing numerous schemes for the benevolence of the beneficiaries residing in the state. The launch of the scheme was done in September 2015. The candidates of the state will be benefitted through the scheme. The beneficiaries of the schemes will be the students studying from class 9th to 12th. The candidates can refer to the official portal of the Sabboj Sathu Scheme i.e. wbsaboojsathi.gov.in. More information about the scheme is provided in the article below. Read the complete article and avail the free bicycle through the Sabooj Sathi Scheme 2023.
Important Getaways from Sabooj Sathi Scheme
The applicants can refer to the table below where we have provided all the important details which will help you to know the complete overview of the scheme.
|Scheme||Sabooj Sathi Scheme|
|Status of the scheme||Active|
|Started On||October 2015|
|Launched by||Chief Minister of West Bengal State|
|Scheme Beneficiaries||9th to 12th Class students from Government and Government Aided Schools and Madrasahs of the State|
|Objective||Empower the students, especially the girls, and reduce dropouts in higher education|
|Beneficiaries||Students from class 9th to 12th|
|Helpline||Phone Number-: +91-7044033888|
Mail Id-: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sabooj Sathi Scheme Objectives
Students belonging to poor families cannot afford to buy a cycle or hire the Conveyance facility provided by the school or by themselves. Looking after this the authority has planned to provide free bicycles to the school-going students who are studying in class 9th to 12th. The scheme will be distributed among the boys and the girls. The Scheme not only provides free bicycles to the students but also makes them self-reliant. Previously, 84 lakh students have been benefitted from the scheme. The authority is planning to increase the volume of the benefitted beneficiaries through the scheme. The scheme will provide a free bicycle to at least 10 lakh new students.
Primarily the scheme focus to provide a free bicycle to the students who are in the need of it. The objective of the scheme is to halt the number of dropouts. The unavailability of proper conveyance is also an important factor that causes the increase in the dropout ratio among students.
West Bengal Sabooj Sathi Scheme Advantages
Although the schemes have various benefits for the students availing it. The declaration of the scheme states that the government is also concerned with the students of the state. Sabooj Sathi Scheme is a boon for the candidates who will be shortlisted for it. Students of the government/ government-aided schools and madrasahs in the state now do not have to be dependent on others for reaching schools. The bicycle will make the students self-reliant. The time saved in reaching the school by bicycle can be used for other productive works. Therefore, the scheme has numerous advantages for the individual availing it.
After completing all three phases for the Sabooj sarthi scheme, the authority is ready to commence the fourth edition of the Sabooj sarthi scheme. Candidates who want to become a part of the wonderful scheme must satisfy the provided eligibility criteria mentioned below. The details of the eligibility are provided below.
- The applicants must be a permanent resident of the state of West Bengal,
- Student must belong to the poor family,
- The student must in the class from 9th to 12th.
- The students from madrasah, government, and government-aided schools are only eligible for the scheme.
The list of essential documents needed by the students in order to avail of Sabooj Sathi Scheme 2023 is provided below.
- Aadhar card
- Passport size photograph
- Mobile number
- Residence certificate
- WB Ration card
- Bonafide from school
- Student’s ID card
- WB Caste Certificate (Optional)
How to Search Sabooj Sathi Scheme Beneficiary Status (School Record)?
- Candidates searching for the scheme beneficiaries need to visit the official portal.
- Candidates will then find the homepage of the official page that appears on the screen.
- On the official page, candidates have to click on Track Distribution under the Distribution Record.
- After this candidate needs to enter their complete details asked on the login section.
- Select the District, Block, School, Class and phase of the bicycle distribution scheme.
- The beneficiary list will then appear on the screen.
WB Bicycle Distribution District Wise Distribution List
Candidates can check the status of the district distribution list through the official portal of the scheme. Currently, the authority has not uploaded the distribution list. The district-wise distribution list will be uploaded after the completion of the distribution of the cycle to the beneficiaries. Candidates are requested to have a frequent visitor to this page to know the details of the District wise distribution list.
Steps for Login Under Sabooj Sathi Scheme
Candidates once registered in the Sabooj Sathi scheme, can check the candidate dashboard by following the login steps given below.
- Visit the official Portal of the Sabooj Sathi Bicycle Scheme.
- After the homepage flashes on the screen, tap on Quick Links.
- Search for Student Corner (Present at the bottom of the page)
- A login page will then appear on the screen as shown below.
- Input the login credentials which will be provided by the school.
- Validate your login details and tap on login button present on the screen.
How to view E-Tender?
The step to view the E-Tender is provided in the paragraph below.
- Scroll to the official web page of the Sabooj Sathi bicycle scheme Portal.
- Applicant will then find the homepage of the official page that appears on the screen.
- Move the cursor on the tender document and tap on E-Tender from the option that appears on the drop-down.
- Applicant will find the E-Tender phase-wise on the screen. Tap on the document and extract the tender details about all the phases included in the scheme.
Applicants can also have a look over the other terms under the Tender Document. The steps to view these important documents are presented in the article below.
|Free-Bid Meeting Resolution||Applicants need to scroll to the official homepage of the sabooj sathi scheme.|
On the homepage, move the cursor to the tender document and then the drop-down will appear on the screen.
From the drop-down select pre-bid meeting resolution. After this applicant will find the new window that will open on the screen.
The applicant will find a list of several documents such as Pre-bid Meeting Resolution Phase I, Minutes of Prebid Meeting Phase II, Minutes of Technical Prebid Meeting Phase III, Pre-bid Meeting Resolution Phase VI, Pre-bid Meeting Resolution Phase VI (Re-tender).
Tap on the pdf option and download the files.
|Bid Evaluation||Follow the same procedure as above and click on the option of Bid- Evaluation that appears on the drop-down.|
Candidates will find the list of important documents pdf within the window of Bid Evaluation.
The applicant can find the technical and financial bid for the phases under the Sabooj Sathi Scheme 2023.
|Award of Contract||Follow the same procedure as provided in the above instances, Tap on the option of “award of contract” on the drop-down that appears under the tender document. |
The applicant will then find a new page that appears on the screen.
Candidates can check the award of the contract.
The award of a contract is provided to the company that delivers the cycle to the beneficiaries.
The candidate will find the list of the details of the company for each phase of the bicycle distribution i.e. (Hero, Avon, and TI Cycles)
Check – West Bengal Voter List 2023
Steps to Download Standard Operating Procedure
The procedure to download standard operating (SOP) for the Sabooj Sathi bicycle distribution scheme is provided below.
- Visit the official portal and the homepage of the Bicycle scheme will appear on the screen.
- You will then find the link blinking on the homepage of the official portal naming as SOP.
- Tap on the link and the pdf will be available for download.
- Applicant can also click here to download the standard operating procedure.
- Go through the SOP on which every single detail about the functioning of the scheme will be mentioned.
How to register a complaint?
- Visit the official portal and the homepage of the Sabooj Sathi scheme will appear on the screen.
- Tap on the “Grievance” link that is present on the homepage of the official portal.
- The grievance form will appear on the screen as shown below.
- The applicant can register their grievance as public or student.
- Candidates will then have to fill in the information asked in the grievance form.
- Enter your complaint, mobile number, email id, and grievance type.
- Under the grievance, type select the appropriate option.
- Select anyone from the options i.e. School Name not registered, Student not registered, Bicycle not distributed.
View WB Bicycle Distribution Contact List
In case of any query, an applicant can contact the authority. The contact details of all the Nodal officer along with their designation and Mail id is provided on the official portal. Applicants can refer to the steps below on which we have provided simple steps to extract the contact details of the authority.
- Browse to the official portal of the Sabooj Sathi Scheme. The homepage of the official portal will appear on the screen.
- On the page that initially appears on the screen. Look for the contact us link present at the top of the page.
- Applicants can also reach the desired page by tapping on the Contact Us link here.
Sabooj Sathi Important Links
The applicant can find all the important links regarding the Sabooj Sathi scheme. The links will redirect you to the important content mentioned in the table below.
|Bid Evaluation||Click Here|
|Pre-bid Meeting||Click Here|
|Award of Contract||Click Here|
|District-wise distribution record||Click Here|
|Track Distribution||Click Here|
|Sabooj Sathi Standard Operating Procedure||Click Here|
|Student Login||Click Here|
|More Central Government Scheme||Click Here|
The scheme can be availed through the process described in this article. Candidates will be registered through their school and thus, the applicant can view their dashboard through the school/ student’s login
We have provided all the details about the scheme in this article. However, if the candidate wants the official release of the Sabooj Sathi scheme pdf then click here.
The objectives of the scheme are provided below.
To level up the retention in schools,
To grant a sense of self-reliant and confidence among the students,
To lower the ratio of drop out from school,
To promote environment-friendly and healthy means of transportation.
The manufacturers of the cycle are the leading cycle manufacturer company i.e. Hero, Avon, and TI cycles.
The applicant can find the different options under the grievance section of the porta. Candidates can select from the option of School Name not registered, Student not registered and Bicycle not distributed.
The scheme is only available for the students studying in classes 9 to 12th from Government/Government-Aided schools only in the state of West Bengal.