WB Krishak Bandhu Scheme 2023: The basic aim of the West Bengal government is to help the farmers by giving financial benefits to the farmer and their families. Farmers who commit suicide aimed to be benefitted at the most. Therefore, the government has launched this scheme for the state to assist such farmers in crisis. All the farmers residing in the state of West Bengal can avail all the benefits available under this scheme.
Through this article, we have explained all the basic features of the Krishak Bandhu scheme of West Bengal, and the benefits coming along with the Scheme. Documentation, Registration, and Application process have also been discussed in detail.
Table of Contents
WB Krishak Bandhu Scheme
|Name of the Scheme||Krishak Bandhu Scheme|
|Level||West Bengal Govt scheme|
|Launched By||Government of West Bengal|
|Department||Department of Agriculture (DOA)|
|Beneficiaries||West Bengal Farmers|
|Benefits of the Scheme||Financial Assitance to Farmers|
|Krishak Bandhu Application Status||Active|
Krishi Krishak Bandhu Prokolpo is a Scheme by the CM of West Bengal, Miss. Mamata Banerjee with funds of about INR 3000 crore. The scheme is launched to provide monetary support to the farmer of the state. Also, extending support through the scheme to the farmer families. Under the scheme, a Digital Identity is produced as such. Hence, the farmers can avail the benefits. Thereby, keeping them all on the same platform yet with a unique identity.
The announcement of the scheme took place on 1st January 2019 for the first time. It started with its launch in the New Year. The scheme is designed with a unique approach, as it assures financial assistance to the farmers. The Krishak Bandhu scheme will benefit an estimated population of more than 70 lakh farmers in the state. Also, the premium for the insurance will be paid by the government.
Farmers can apply for the scheme, according to the district they belong to. The districts included under the scheme are:
|Nadia||West Burdwan||North Parganas||South Parganas||Jhargram||Kalimpong|
|Dakshin Dinajpur||Purulia||Purba Medinipur||Uttar Dinajpur||Alipurduar||Jalpaiguri|
- SMART CARDS– The distribution of Digital Smart Cards is among the most important features of the scheme. Every farmer will get such cards. So, the services remain authentic and farmers can avail the future benefits from the scheme.
- DIGITAL IDENTITY- It is providing a digital platform with a Card-based identity. So, it is giving digital identity to all the farmers of the state. Thereby, retaining them all on one platform.
- MONETARY BENEFITS- Another main feature of the scheme is the monetary benefits. The state government is providing full-time benefits to all the farmers. Including the insurance schemes for providing death claims for the family of the deceased.
- INSURANCE SCHEME– The shame is also providing insurance schemes for farmers. It is assuring life insurance of 2 lakh to all farmers. In addition to this, the state government is also promising crop insurance of INR 5000 under the scheme, to all the beneficiaries.
- FIXED INCOME– a fixed income of INR 2000 is also assured under the scheme.
- MONITORING BODY– Money claims and benefits will be disbursed under the monitoring of the State Agriculture Department.
কৃষক বন্ধু স্কিম 2023 Assured Income
Through the scheme, the government is offering financial assistance to all the farmers of the state. Also, the government is including these benefits for the farmer families as well. Fixed income to the farmers is assured under two divisions:
- Farmers who have a land holding of 1 or more than 1 acre land will be given INR 5000 every year. This is a kind of crop Insurance. So, these benefits will be provided for both Rabi and Kharif Season. For such farmers, the government will provide financial aid in the form of instalments. The supply of money will be under two instalments. The first instalment is distributed in June and 2nd one is distributed in November.
- Also, financial help of INR 2000 will be provided to the beneficiary farmers, every year on a proportional basis.
Krishak Bandhu Death Benefit
This scheme is in effect since January 2019, its establishment. Under this scheme, the farmer families will get a one-time amount of about 2 lakh. In the case of the death of the farmer listed under the scheme. The death may be accidental or suicidal.
It is an insurance policy. Therefore all farmer who is in the age group of 18-60 years can avail the benefits of this scheme. It assures insurance coverage of death with a maximum time of 15 days after the farmer dies.
There is a set of eligibility criteria to get the advantages of the scheme. It is also simple. Anyone who satisfies the criteria will be accepted for the perks under this scheme. Anyone who wants to claim the benefits, He/ She should be:
- A Farmer
- Between 18-60 years of age
- Must be a resident of West Bengal
Required Documents for Krishak Bandhu Prakalpa
For any farmer, who wants to avail the benefits of the scheme. You need to know that there are several documents which you will need to finally get the benefits. The scheme requires, self-attest copies of the following documents:
- Proof of Identity like Aadhar Card, Voter ID card, PAN Card, Driving License, etc.
- Krishak Bandhu Card
- Death Certificate
- Self Declaration of Applicant
- Declaration by the Guardian (for minor claimant)
The Guardian may be any Legal Guardian or a Natural Guardian
How to Apply Krishak Bandhu Scheme
Registration for the scheme has been made open. All interested and eligible farmers can apply for the scheme. The online portal will accept all applications for the scheme. To make this process simpler we will try to explain to you the process to apply for the scheme. You can follow these steps and apply.
- Firstly, you need to visit the official website portal for the scheme.
- Click on the icon of the Agriculture Department.
- As you click on the icon, a pop-up Krishak Bandhu login window page will appear on your screen. Click on the option of ‘sign up to register on the portal.
- A registration form will appear. Fill in all the details asked in the Krishak Bandhu form
- Click on the ‘Submit’ button available at the end of the page
Krishak Bandhu Login to Portal
After you complete the registration process, the interested and eligible farmers can log into their profiles. The Login will be available on the Krishak Bandhu official portal. You can watch the steps listed below. Thus, login into your profile:
- Click and go to the official website/ portal
- As you click, you will be on the home page. Click on the tab of the Agriculture Department.
- After that, another window will open. Here you need to fill in your registered User Name and Password
- Click on the button showing ‘Login’
- You will be logged in to your profile.
Krishak Bandhu Beneficiary list
To check whether or not, you are the beneficiary of the scheme. You can follow these steps:
- Visit the official portal of the Krishak Bandhu
- Go to the ‘Login‘ page as discussed above.
- You can use your Password and Username to log in.
- After that, you will now see an option of ‘Search Beneficiary’ on the new page.
- You will get redirected to another page.
- Here, you have to select your district and also your Block
- A PDF list will appear on your screen. The Krishak Bandhu name list in West Bengal will be available in the pdf format
Krishak Bandhu Application Form
Through the scheme, the government is offering a death claim, as already mentioned above. So, if anyone goes through a misfortune like that and needs to claim the money. He can do so by filling out a Krishak Banhu form. We have given the link to the form at the end. People who require the form can download it directly from here. The Krishak Bandhu Form is in pdf format. We have linked the Krishak Bandhu Application form PDF at the end of the article
Interested candidates can print the application form pdf. Interested people can fill out the Krishak Bandhu form and enter all the information asked. Details include the Name of the Farmer, Death date, Claimant Name (Wife/ Son), Age of the claimant, Relation with the farmer, land details, and Identity Proof. Also, you need to attach all the necessary documents along with the form. After that, submit your form to the Agriculture department under your district or block. Submit it to the Assistant Director there.
For any unknown query or error. The government is also providing Helpline Numbers which you can use to ask for any assistance related to the scheme.
Number– 8336957298, 6291720406 (Time- 10am to 6pm)
Below we have provided the Krishak Bandhu Application form in Bengali and English. You can apply through the Krishak Bandhu Online application.
|কৃষক বন্ধু স্কিম 2023 Official Website||Click Here|
|Apply Online||Registration Portal| Login Portal|
|Krishak Bandhu Application form PDF-Death Benefits||Link 1| Link 2|
|WB KBS Android App/Mobile Application||Click Here|
It is a yojana for farmers by the Bengal government. Under the Krishi Krishak Bandhu Prokolpo scheme, farmers will get a claim and financial help of about INR 3000 crore.
Interested citizens of West Bengal, can apply for the scheme through the official portal of the West Bengal Government which is www.krishakbandhu.net
The government is providing monetary benefits of up to 2 lakh rupees and a fixed income of INR 2000 is also assured under the scheme. Also, it offers insurance that covers claims under many schemes.
It is calculated that about 70 lakh farmers in the state will be covered under the scheme. Also, the premium for the insurance will be paid by the government.
Any Farmer who is in the age block of between 18-60 years. He/ She should also be a resident of West Bengal.
Proof of Identity
Krishak Bandhu Card
Self Declaration of Applicant
All interested farmers can go to apply. Applications will be collected through the online portal. A step-by-step method is given in this article. You can follow these steps and apply.
The name list is available on the formal portal. Interested farmers can Log in and check for names in the list.