Sail Pension Scheme- Steel Authority of India Limited is among the biggest steel-making enterprises across the country. At five integrated and three special plants, SAIL manufactures steel and iron. A huge number of employees work in SAIL, which is an essential part of this company.
A pension scheme for SAIL ex-employees has been introduced on 29th April 2019 by SAIL. Ministry of Steel and SAIL authorities approved the SAIL pension scheme 2023. Therefore, the guidelines of this plan have been released by the Department of Public Enterprises.
With the help of this post, we have shared the information concerning the Sail pension scheme, such as the eligibility criteria required, superannuation scheme advantages, important testimonials required, SAIL pension scheme registration procedure, and so on. After considering this passage, aspirants can also ask queries related to this subject in the comment area. We will try our best to furnish solutions to your questions asap.
Table of Contents
Sail Pension Scheme 2023
Authorities of Sail launched a plan labelled as “SAIL Pension Scheme” in 2019. For this year, officials have initiated a Sail Pension Scheme Phase-2. This pension covers both executives (along with Management Trainees) on company rolls on or after 1st January 2007 and non-executives (along with eventual employment trainees selected) on company rolls on or after 1st January 2012.
To avail of the benefits of this plan, candidates have to submit the online application form. SAIL officials have also developed an official portal specifically for this scheme. Aspirants can find the Steel Authority of India Pension Scheme website link at the end of this passage.
Important Points of SAIL Pension Scheme
|Name of the Plan||SAIL Pension Scheme|
|Scheme Initiated by||Steel Authority of India|
|Plain Launched in||2019|
|The objective of Introducing the Plan||Proffering pensions to the Ex-workers of SAIL|
|Mode of Application Form Submission||Online Mode|
|Who are recipients||Sail Ex-employees|
|Official Portal Link||sail.co.in|
|Post Category||Central Govt. Scheme|
Sail Pension Scheme Fund Management
- The complete Sail pension fund is maintained by a trust established only for the objective of issuing superannuation money to all eligible applicants.
- According to the guidelines of the government of PFRDA, the trust should operate the pension endowments “in-house”.
Sail Pension Scheme Eligibility Criteria
Candidates are advised to have a look at this segment before they apply for the SAIL pension plan. Only those aspirants can submit the application form for this scheme who will satisfy the eligibility standards. In case authorities find any false information about applicants, then they will immediately reject the application of that aspirant.
- Aspirants who want to apply for this scheme must have at least 15 years of duty and annuity of Steel Authority of India Limited.
- Permanent Total Disability/ Death/ Medical cancellation heading to the discontinuance of Service – irrespective of the time period of service provided.
Steel Authority of India Pension Scheme Contribution
- Effective From 1 Jan 2007 for SAIL Executives
|Time Period||Contribution of Pension|
|1st January 2007 to 31st of March 2015||9% of Basic Pay with Dearness Allowance|
|1st April 2015 To 31st March 2018||3% of Basic Pay with Dearness Allowance|
- Effective from 1 Jan 2012 for SAIL Non-Executives
|Period of Time||Contribution of Pension|
|1st January 2012 to 31st March 2015||6% of Basic Pay with Dearness Allowance|
|1st April 2015 To 31st March 2018||2% of Basic Pay with Dearness Allowance|
SAIL Annuity Option Details
Essential Testimonials Necessitated for Pension Plan
At the time of filling out the Steel Authority of India pension scheme application form, applicants will need some necessary information to input in the form. In the up next of this post, we have given a list containing the details that aspirants have to submit.
- Aadhaar Card of the Candidate
- PAN Card of Aspirant
- Bank Cheque in which the name of the applicant is imprinted and cancelled by the bank.
- Valid Phone Number of Aspirant
- Active Email Id
- Voluntary Contribution Deposit Proof
- SAIL Ex-employee death certificate (if required)
- Current Colored passport Size photo of Aspirant
Application procedure for Sail Pension Scheme Online?
If you are willing to apply for the sail.co.in superannuation plan then follow the significant procedure explained in the subsequent portion of the article.
- In the initial step, aspirants have to visit the SAIL official website in any suitable web browser.
- On your screen, the homepage of the portal will flash.
- Now, click the link of “SAIL Pension” link given on the top of the home page.
- The above step will redirect you to the Steel Authority of India Pension Scheme portal.
- Now, find the registration link for that website.
- Hit that link and complete your registration by filling in all the appropriate information in order to activate the annuity.
- After that, print and submit the annuity application form and attach all required certificates to your Personnel or Nodal Officer.
- Members can see the information of contributions of the company with his/ her pension account by logging into the pension portal.
Procedure of SAIL Pension Plan Login
For login, aspirants have to implement some important steps, as it is mentioned in the upcoming segment of this article.
- First of all, the nominee/ candidate needs to open the official website of SAIL i.e. sail.co.in.
- Then, go to the SAIL pension scheme page by clicking the link named “Sail Pension”.
- In a few moments, the pension page will be presented on your display.
- After that, aspirants have to choose the “Sail Pension Portal” button given on the screen.
- The pension portal will open in a new tab on your device.
- Now, hit the choose the link “Employee Login” from the landing page.
- The login page will open where aspirants have to provide their username (PAN No.) and date of birth,
- Click the “Sign In” tab for completing the login procedure.
SAIL Helpdesk Information
In case any ex-employee of SAIL or any candidates want to clear their doubts about Sail Pension Scheme, then they can refer to the contact information given below.
- EPBAX: Scope Minar- 22467360, 7418, 7420, 7412, 74
- EPBAX: Ispat Bhavan- 24300100, 243 67481-86,
- Fax Information: 22467458 (Scope Minar) or 24367015 (Ispat Bhavan)
Sail Pension Plan Concerning FAQ’s
Aspirants who have served 15 years with the SAIL company and death, PTD, and medical invalidation leads to discontinuance can apply for the pension.
This step has been initiated for the welfare of all those workers who have invested 15 years of their lives in serving SAIL.
Candidates have to submit their Voluntary contribution deposit proof, PAN Card, Death certification (if needed), coloured passport-size photographs
SAIL authorities have formed a separate trust which only manages the funds of the SAIL superannuation scheme.