Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana 2023: There are a lot of candidates who are studying basic science and research or wish to learn it, but due to a lack of motivation or their financial crisis, they have to drop the idea. The central government of India KVPY, which is an abbreviation used for Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana a scheme, that is commenced in 1999.
In this post, we have mentioned detailed information like the KVPY application procedure, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, KVPY important dates, etc. By examining this article, candidates will get more clarity about the Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana.
DST (Department of Science & Technology) and the government of India initiated this scheme to promote students pursuing education in basic sciences. All those students who are looking to make a future in science and research can avail the benefits of the KVPY scheme.
Table of Contents
Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana 2023
In Basic Science, Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana is a national-level fellowship program. It is generally funded and implemented by GOI and the Dept of Science & Technology. This step will attract huge motivated candidates willing to pursue basic science programs. In an educational context, basic sciences and research methodology that has become very essential nowadays.
Applicants who have enrolled themselves for subjects like Statistics, Int. M.S. in Chemistry, B.S., B.Stat., B.Sc., Ecology, B. Math, B.S., Int. M.Sc., Botany, Physics, Zoology, Mathematics, Physiology, Cell Biology, Biotechnology, Molecular Biology, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Neurosciences, and so on can apply for the Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan scheme. For getting KVPY application details, keep on exploring this passage.
Objective of Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana 2023
The main objective of the KVPY scheme is to know the talent and research aptitude of students. KVPY yojana will help applicants to recognize their academic strength and potential and also urge them to take research professions in Science seriously. This scheme will also assure the best scientific minds develop adequately in the arena of research and development in the country.
KVPY Fellowships Available
|Name of the Fellowship Program||Yearly Contingency Given||Monthly Fellowship|
|SA/ SB/ SX– throughout I to III years of – B.Stat./ B.Sc./ B.Math./ B.S./ M.S./ Integrated M.Sc.||20000 INR||5000 INR|
|SA/ SB/ SX– throughout M. Sc. / IV to V years of M.Math./ Integrated M.Sc. / M.Stat./ M.S.||28000 INR||7000 INR|
Highlights of Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Scheme
|Scheme Initiated by||Government of India and Dept. of Science and Technology (DST)|
|Name of Yojana||Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (किशोर वैज्ञानिक प्रोत्साहन योजना)|
|Recipients of the Scheme||Students want to study Basic Sciences|
|Yojana Type||Fellowship scheme|
|Key Advantage of KVPY||To provide scholarship|
|Streams Available||SA, SB & SX|
|Category of Post||Central Government Schemes|
|Official Portal Link||www.kvpy.iisc.ernet.in|
KVPY Application Form 2023
KVPY application form for the year 2023 It is recommended that all applicants must apply for KVPY before the last, otherwise, authorities will not accept any application.
Any mistake on the application may lead your candidature to cancellation. So, make sure that you are entering all the data of yours in the correct format. In case authorities find any discrepancy in the application, then they will decline your application straight away.
KVPY 2023 Application Fee
The fee of KVPY application was paid according to the category of candidates. The application fee was submitted in an online mode i.e. Net Baking/ Credit Card/ Debit Card/ etc.
- Aspirants who belong to General/ OBC Category: Rs.1250
- Aspirants who are from SC/ ST/ PwD Category: Rs. 625
KVPY Eligibility Criteria 2023
Check the eligibility mentioned here before filling the application form. If you do satisfy all the criteria, then only apply for KVPY 2023.
- Criteria for SA: Applicants who have qualified their 10th board and obtained 75% (65% is for ST/ SC/ PwD) of total marks in aggregate in both Science and Maths then enrolled themselves in class 11th (Science Stream) are fully eligible to take part in KVPY aptitude test. After securing 60% minimum marks (50% for reserved category applicants) in 12th standard, the fellowship of selected applicants will start only if they take admission into UG programs in Basic Sciences like B.Math./ Int. M.S./ B.Stat./ B.Sc., etc.
- Criteria for SX: Candidates studying in class 12th (Science Stream) and wanted to make their future in basic science programs can appear in the aptitude test this year. Make sure that you must obtain at least 60% scores (50% for ST/ SC/ PwD) in your 12th board test. Another eligibility that applicants have to satisfy is that they must clear their 10th class with minimum of 75% (65% for reserved category) marks in total science and mathematics.
- Criteria for SB: Candidates who want to appear in the KVPY aptitude test are required to have a 60% minimum (50% for reserved aspirants). These students must be enrolled for the first year of basic sciences UG courses and must obtain 60% marks in 1st year mains exams before appearing in aptitude test.
- There are few other fellowship programs which are solely dedicated to the applicants who belong to reserved category applicants.
Information Required in KVPY Application Form 2023
Applicants will need these types of details during filling the application form. Read out the data listed below of this section.
- Complete Name of Student
- Gender of Applicant
- Candidate’s Stream
- Date of Birth
- Category of Applicant
- Email Address of Student
- Active Mobile Number
- Applicant’s Class Info
- Caste Certificate Details
- Academic Certificate and Marksheets
- PwD Certificate (if needed)
Application Procedure for Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana
We hope that the knowledge explained above has useful to you. Implement the steps as it is they are written over here.
- In the beginning, applicants have to visit the official portal of KVPY i.e. kvpy.iisc.ernet.in.
- In a moment homepage on the screen will flash on your screen
- No,w choose the link of “Application” from the page.
- Login page will open on your screen, where you have to select the registration link given under it.
- Registration form will be displayed on your screen within a second, and enter all the basic information of yours in it.
- A confirmation message of your registration will pop up on your screen then you will get details of registration on your registered mobile number.
- After that, go back to the login page and complete the login procedure.
- Fill all your general details, academic info and upload the required documents in the application form.
- Next, make the payment according to your category.
- Click on the “Ok” button to submit the application form and review your details.
- Download the form for future reference.
How to View KVPY Fellows List
- To check fellows list, candidates have to open the official website of Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana.
- Landing page of the portal will flash on your screen.
- Click the link of “Fellows” present on the menu bar of the home screen.
- In a moments list of KVPY fellows will open on your screen.
- Select the year for which you want to view the list and review it shown under the same page.
KVPY Exam Pattern 2023
|Mode of KVPY Exam||Online Exam|
|Type of Exam||Computer Based Test|
|Parts of KVPY Exam||Two Parts|
|Duration of Test||120 mins|
|Types of Questions asked in the Examination||Objective Type of Questions|
|Languages of Question Paper||Bilingual (Hindi and English)|
|Marking Pattern of Exam||In 1st part, for attempting every right answer 1marks will be given and 0.35 marks will be reduced for incorrect answer. Whereas in 2nd part, 2 marks will be awarded for correct answer and 0.5 marks will be reduced for wrong one.|
- There is total 4 subjects from which aptitude will be prepared i.e. Chemistry, Physics, Maths, biology.
- In part I, 15 questions will be asked in exam and in part II 5 questions are there in exam.
- KVPY exam paper consist a total of 80 questions which are of 100 marks (25 marks per subject)
Stream SB / SX
- Like for SB and SX stream, form 4 subjects aptitude test will be made i.e. Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Maths.
- Part I comprises of 20 questions for each subject and in part II, 10 questions from every subject will asked.
- In total, the whole test will be 160 marks and 30 questions from every subject are there in it.
KVPY Exam Centres List
|East and North East Region||Bhilai Nagar, Raipur (Chhattisgarh), Guwahati, Dibrugarh, Bhagalpur, Muzaffarpur, Bokaro, Dhanbad, Jamshedpur, Kolkata, Ranchi (Jharkhand), Durgapur, Rourkela, Burdwan, Sambalpur (Orissa), Bilaspur, , Silchar, Bhubaneshwar, Tezpur (Assam), Imphal (Manipur), Shillong (Meghalaya), Agartala (Tripura), Asansol, Hoogly, Kalyani, Berhampur, Siliguri (West Bengal), Cuttack, Naharlagun (Arunachal Pradesh), Patna (Bihar)|
|West & Central Region||Indore, Kolhapur, Madgoan, Nagpur, Surat, Pune, Anand, Gandhinagar, Mumbai, Rajkot, Vadodra (Gujarat), Bhopal, Ujjain (Madhya Pradesh), Jabalpur, Aurangabad, Jalgaon, Nashik, Panaji (Goa), Ahamedabad, Navi Mumbai, Thane (Maharashtra), Mapusa, Amaravat, Gwalior|
|North Region||Roorkee (Uttarakhand), Dehradun, Muzaffarnagar, Jalandhar, Chandigarh, Noida, Faridabad, Bikaner, Kurukshetra, Gurugram, Karnal, Panipat, Gorakhpur, Sonipat (Haryana), Kanpur, Leh (Ladakh), Rohtak, Amritsar, Hisar, Ludhiana, Mohali, Ajmer, Patiala (Punjab), Jammu (Jammu & Kashmir), Udaipur (Rajasthan), Jaipur, Jodhpur, Moradabad, Bhatinda, Sikar, Agra, Bareilly, Ghaziabad, Jhansi, Lucknow, Meerut, Prayagraj, Varanasi (Uttar Pradesh), Haldwani, Ambala, New Delhi (Delhi), Greater Noida, Aligarh|
|South Region||Palakkad, Kurnool, Tirunelveli, Mandya, Rajahmundry, Vijayawada, Belagavi, Bengaluru, Bidar, Hassan, Chikkaballapura, Kasaragod, Davanagere, Haliyal, Thiruvananthapuram, Hubballi, Kalaburagi, Mangaluru, Puttur, Shivamogga, Tiruchirappalli, Coimbatore, (Karnataka), Hyderabad, Karimnagar, Warangal (Telangana), Alappuzha, Ernakulam, Idukki, Kollam, Kottayam, Kozhikode, Visakhapatnam (Andhra Pradesh), Malappuram, Pathanamthitta, Thrissur (Kerala), Puducherry, Chennai, Madurai, Nagercoil, Salem, Vellore (Tamil Nadu), Tirupathi, Mysuru, Udupi, Kannur, Kanchipuram, Chikkamangaluru, Dharwad,|
Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana Admit Card
Aspirants who applied for KVPY aptitude test can download their admit card from the official website. Authorities released the call letter days prior to exam on 22 December 2021. Admit card is a very important document needed on the day of examination. In case, exam invigilator any students without admit card at the exam centre, then he/she will not be allowed to give the KVPY aptitude test. So, check before leaving for the test whether you have your KVPY hall ticket or not.
KVPY 2023 Result
After officials will conduct KVPY examination, then candidates can expect the result to be announced. As the KVPY result shows the performance of aspirants which they have done in the test. Interested applicants can download their result from the KVPY official website. Result comprises of certain essential data like name of aspirant, marks obtained by applicant, category of aspirant, total marks, scores or each part, etc. After viewing the result aspirants can get a print of it for further usage,
Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana Helpline Details
If you want to know more information about KVPY scheme then contact to the information given as follows.
- Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org (for application related problems) and email@example.com (for fellowship concerning questions)
- Fax info: (080) 2360 1215
- Telephone Number: 22933536, (080) 22932975 / (080) 22932976, 23601008
Few Important Links
KVPY Scheme Related FAQ’s
Applicants who are eager to apply for KVPY can submit the application form online mode.
Interested candidates who want to attempt the KVPY Aptitude Test in the Hindi language can do so as the question paper will be available in both (Hindi and English) languages.
Yes, there is a negative marking for doing the wrong answer. In section I, 0.25 will be deducted whereas, in the 2nd section, officials will reduce 0.5 marks.
The question type that will be asked in the examination is multiple choice.
To get the last few years question paper, students are needed to go to the official site, then scroll download the homepage, and you will get the links of last year papers along with their year mentioned on the screen.