Digital India is an initiative by the Central Government of India to digitalize various government services across the country. With its establishment and development, the country empowered itself immensely in the field of technology. One such achievement of Digital India is the launch of the mAadhaar mobile application. mAadhaar is an online mobile application, specifically designed to avail the Aadhaar services to the public electronically. It is maintained by the UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India). This App is feature-loaded and offers many Aadhaar-related services using smartphones.
Refer to the article below to get a complete insight into the mAadhaar mobile application. Gather all information about its very special features, benefits, services it offers, etc. Also, in this post, the online procedures to avail of its various services have been covered.
About mAadhaar App
With an aim to promote digitalization across the nation, the mAadhaar mobile application has been released to reach out to smartphone users in large numbers. On 17th July 2017, UIDAI launched the app to ease the Aadhaar-related services to the common public of India. All the services, such as Download Aadhaar Card, Update Details, like mobile number or address, Verification, lock or unlock biometric authentication, and others have been digitalized and are easily accessible. What makes the app unique is its personalized My Aadhaar section, which incorporates all details of the account holder and he/ she does not need to carry a physical copy of the card. The soft copy generated is acceptable in most instances.
Latest Updates: There are some new features updated under the mAadhaar Application. Users can now have the facility of Aadhaar Card PVC and Securing QR Code.
Brief Description Of mAadhaar App
|Article Category||Central Government Scheme|
|Application Name||mAadhaar App|
|Higher Authority||Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI)|
|Launched on||July 17th, 2017|
|Download Link||Check below|
What is Aadhaar Card?
An Aadhaar Card is a GoI-approved official document used for identification purposes. An Aadhaar card number is a unique combination of twelve digits laid down by the UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India). It serves as proof of one’s identity. However, it does not affirm the citizenship or nativity of the cardholder. Aadhaar number is based on one’s demographic as well as biometric information, thus, is unique.
Features of the Aadhaar Card
- Uniqueness – Based on demographic and biometric de-duplication.
- Portability – Nationwide acceptability
- Random Number – Unique combination of digits
- Scalable Technology Architecture
- Open Source Technologies
Features of mAadhaar App
mAadhaar App assimilates many different and excellent features within. People can easily install the app on their respective smartphones. In order to avail of the services, the users must register their Aadhaar profile providing their Aadhaar numbers to the application.
India is a diverse country with distinct cultures and languages. Keeping in this mind, the mAadhaar is designed to be operated in twelve regional languages as well as English. People can now navigate between the various services of the app through their regional language in a very easy manner. The available twelve different regional languages are Hindi, Urdu, Punjabi, Marathi, Assamese, Bengali, Malayalam, Odia, Tamil, Gujarati, Telugu, and Kannada. The users can update their preferred language through the settings, or select one when the app is prompted. However, the input fields accept only the English language because of the setbacks of the mobile keyboards.
B. Digital Services
The mAadhaar mobile application offers many digital services to users through their smartphones. The functions of the app have been broadly categorized under three heads:-
- Main Service Dashboard
- Download Aadhaar Card
- Update Details, like mobile number or address
- Offline eKYC download
- Scan QR Code
- Retrieve UID/ EID
- Request Status Services
- Under this section, the applicants can track the statuses of their respective online requests on the app.
- My Aadhaar
- The application users can either lock or unlock their biometric authentication. Furthermore, it is not required to enter their Aadhaar number every time, it gets saved for ease of future use.
C. Lock/ Unlock Biometric Authentication
Ensuring the privacy and protection of the biometric data, this feature enables the users to lock their biometrics. When locked, no biometric authentication or verification will be laid down. Whenever the user needs to carry out the verification process, he/she can temporarily unlock it from their mAadhaar mobile application.
D. Lock Aadhaar UID
The user can temporarily lock their Aadhaar UIDs. Locking your Aadhaar UID means that you will not be able to perform any authentication using your Aadhar number. Once locked, you will be provided with a VID, i.e. Virtual ID. It is a 16-digit unique code required to unlock the Aadhaar UID.
E. TOTP Generation
The mAadhaar mobile application uses TOTP instead of regular SMS-dependent OTP for carrying out its processes and services. TOTP stands for Time-based One Time Password. It is generated in the app itself and is valid for only 30 seconds. It is required for the lock/ unlock of biometric authentication, lockin Aadhar UID, etc.
F. Update Profile
The application users can view and request to update their profile details, such as address or mobile number, etc. Upon successful update, the users can view/ download their updated version of the Aadhaar Card.
G. Mutilple Profile Setup
A maximum of five profiles can be set up and registered under the same mobile number. The user can easily switch between the profiles without any hassle.
H. Share eKYC and QR Code
Through the mAadhaar App, users can share and verify their QR codes and eKYC data and information in an easy and paperless manner.
I. Enrollment Centers
The App allows the users to locate and track down their nearest Enrolment Center with the help of GPS.
Services Offered By The mAadhaar App
|iii||Check Request Status|
|iv||Retrieve EID/ UID|
|v||Verification of Aadhaar|
|vi||Generation of VID, Virtual ID|
|viii||Share QR Code|
|x||Locate Enrolment Centres|
How To Install The mAadhaar App?
Before availing of the benefits of the services offered by the mAadhaar mobile application, you need to install the same on your respective smartphones. To install the mAadhaar app, follow the procedure described below.
- To install the application, the users need to visit the Google Play Store on their android smartphones.
- In the case of Apple iOS, visit Mac App Store.
- On the search bar, type mAadhaar.
- A list of options will appear.
- Tap on the “mAadhaar” icon developed by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI).
- Click on the “Install” button.
- The application will be installed on your smartphone.
We have provided a direct download link to install the mAadhaar mobile application on your smartphone. Scroll down to the end of the page for the same.
How To Download Your Aadhaar On The mAadhaar App?
- Tap on the mAadhaar app icon.
- From the screen that appears, click on the “Download Aadhaar” icon under the “Get Aadhaar” section.
- Select your preference of card, Regular Aadhaar or Masked Aadhar.
- After that, proceed via any one of the three options available, i.e
(i) by Aadhaar Number
(ii) by Virtual ID, VID
(iii) by EID, Enrolment ID Number
- Enter the details in accordance with the chosen option.
- Write the security captcha code in the designated space.
- An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number.
- Enter the same and proceed.
- A link to download your desired Aadhaar Card will be available.
- Click on the link.
- A copy of the same will be downloaded to your smartphone.
How To Update Address On The mAadhaar Mobile App?
- Firstly, you need to open the mAadhaar application on your phone.
- Scroll down the page, and select the “Update Address” option under the Aadhaar Update section.
- Enter your unique Aadhaar Number and the security captcha code in the corresponding fields.
- Modify your address and upload a copy of the new residential proof.
- At last, click on the “Submit” button.
How To Check Request Status On The mAadhaar App?
- Open the mAadhaar mobile app.
- On the homepage, click on the tab “Check Request Status” beside the All Services tab.
- A sequence of icons will appear.
- Click on the desired icon of which you wish to check the status of.
- Enter the concerned Aadhar number and the captcha code.
- Verify through the TOTP or the OTP sent to your registered mobile number.
- After that, you can view the status of your update request.
How Do I Retrieve Lost EID/UID via The mAadhaar App?
- First of all, open the mAadhaar application on your phone.
- Click on the option of “Retrieve EID/ UID” under Get Aadhaar section.
- Select the option according to which ID you want to retrieve, UID or EID.
- You can recover the same either using your registered mobile number or email address.
- Enter the mobile number or email ID and captcha code.
- Verify the forwarded OTP or TOTP.
- Your lost or forgotten UID/ EID will be displayed on the screen.
- Note it down for future use.
How Can I Verify My Aadhaar Online Using mAadhaar app?
- Select the mAadhaar icon on the home screen of your phone.
- Under the section Aadhaar Services, tap on the “Verify Aadhaar” icon.
- The users now need to feed in their respective Aadhaar card numbers.
- Verify the number using the OTP sent to your registered mobile number or TOTP.
- A new page will appear with your details for the Aadhaar card.
- If issued, you can verify your Aadhaar
How to generate a Virtual ID for my Aadhaar UID on mAadhaar?
- On the homepage of the mAadhaar app, click on the icon of “Generate Virtual ID”.
- Fill in your Aadhaar card and the exact same security code shown.
- Now, enter the TOTP or the OTP, as per your desire in the assigned space.
- Click on the “Submit” button.
- Your assigned VID will be forwarded to your registered mobile number.
How to generate and share QR codes on the mAadhaar app?
- In the mAadhaar app, select the “Generate QR Code” icon.
- Feed the concerned Aadhaar UID number and the given security code.
- TOTP or OTP verification process will occur.
- A QR code for your Aadhaar UID will be generated.
- Save the QR code to ease the process of scanning.
How to locate the Enrolment Centres using mAadhaar app?
It is a very simple process to find your nearest Aadhaar enrolment centres. You just need to click on the “Enrolment Center” icon available at the menu bar at the bottom. With the GPS facility, all the enrolment centres in your proximity will be marked on the map. Zoom in and tap on the pinpoint location mark to get the address details.
How to avail My Aadhaar services on the mAadhaar app?
- Search for the mAadhaar App on your phone and click on it.
- On the homepage, select the “My Aadhaar” option on the bottom menu bar on the screen.
- You will be asked to generate a four-digit password for logging in afterwards.
- Feed in your Aadhaar UID in the corresponding field.
- Enter the forwarded TOTP or OTP.
- Upon successful verification, your My Aadhaar section will be activated.
Lock/ Unlock Biometric data
- Go to the My Aadhaar section of the mAadhaar mobile app.
- From the top-right corner, open the menu options.
- Select “Biometric Settings” from the options available.
- Select the option of “Enable Biometric Lock”.
- After that, you must tap on the “Ok” button.
- Verify the OTP.
- After successful verification, the biometrics will get locked.
However, to unlock the biometrics, go to the Biometrics settings once again and click on the “YES” button as it displays the message “Your Biometrics will be temporarily unlocked”. It must be noted that the biometrics will be unlocked for only a time duration of 10 minutes.
Lock Aadhaar UID
To lock your Aadhar UID, you need to visit the My Aadhaar column of your mAadhaar app. Open the menu bar on the top right corner of the page. Click on the option of “UID Lock”. Enter the required details and click on the “Submit” button. With this, your Aadhaar UID will be locked successfully. you can unlock the same using your designated 16 digits Virtual ID, VID.
Aadhaar UIDAI Support Helpdesk
If you have any queries related to the Aadhaar UIDAI or mAadhaar App, you can contact the concerned authorities through the following ways:-
|ii||Phone||011 – 23478653|
|iv||Address||Government of India,|
Bangla Sahib Road,
Behind Kali Mandir,
Gole Market, New Delhi
Pin Code- 110001
Click here for more details.
|Install mAadhaar Mobile Application (Android)||Download|
|Install mAadhaar Mobile Application (iOS)||Download|
|Official Website of UIDAI||Click here|
Frequently Asked Questions
Aadhaar Card is one of the most important official documents in India. Possession of the same proclaims the identity of the cardholder and is required to be produced at the times of availing of several government-aided schemes and programmes.
With the mAadhaar app, the user needs to keep the physical copy of his/ her Aadhaar card all the time. The App holds a digital Aadhaar Card which can be shown for the required purposes. Other than that, it offers all the Aadhaar services digitally.
VID stands for Virtual ID. It is assigned when the user can temporarily lock his/ her Aadhar profile. One can easily generate the same using the mAadhaar mobile application.
EID is the Enrolment ID, which is allotted to Aadhaar applicants temporarily. The applicant must secure the EID until a permanent Aadhaar Card is issued.
You can get access to the Aadhaar Services even in the absence of a mobile data network through SMS. You just need to send an SMS to 1947 in the prescribed format by the UIDAI authorities as per the service you wish to avail. Click here for more details.
You can call on the toll-free helpline number of the UIDAI authorities 1947 to raise your concerns.
Bookmark this page for more information and regular updates on the mAadhaar App. Also, let us know in the comment section below in case of any queries.