Maharashtra Construction Worker:- The Government of Maharashtra is always seen making attempts to benefit the various communities and segments of the state. Keeping in the mind, the labour faction of the society, Maharashtra Building and Other Construction Worker’s Welfare Board was formed. The board aims to provide financial, educational, and health benefits via welfare schemes and programmes. Read the article below to gather all the MBCOWW Board related information.
Table of Contents
Maharashtra Construction Worker Registration
In the state of Maharashtra, a major segment of the labourers was engaged in construction work in the unorganized sector. Hence, it became extremely important to safeguard the interest of such construction workers. The government of Maharashtra, thus, established a special board to benefit the labour-intensive industry, i.e. Maharashtra Building and Other Construction Worker’s (BOCW) Welfare Board. The board works to ensure the safety and security of the beneficiaries. Various welfare schemes have been initiated to implement the same.
An online portal has been formed of the Maharashtra BOCW Welfare Board to ease the various services offered by the same. Eligible beneficiaries must register themselves on the portal to enjoy its many benefits. The details regarding the same have been summarized in the upcoming sections of the article.
Key Points of Maharashtra Construction Labour/Worker Registration
|Maharashtra Govt Scheme
|Maharashtra Construction Worker Registration
|Maharashtra Building and Other Construction Workers’ Welfare Board
|To benefit and strengthen the labour division of the state.
|Construction workers engaged in the unorganized sector
Objectives of the Maharashtra BOCW Welfare Board
Maharashtra Building and Other Construction Worker’s Board envisions strengthening the labour division of the state. The Board has introduced various welfare schemes and programmes to improvise their living conditions. Following are some of the prime objectives of the board.
- Uplift the living standards of the construction workers across the state.
- Various welfare schemes have been implemented to grant them social, health and financial benefits.
- With its online portal, the registration process has been simplified.
- There is also easy access to the claim form for the beneficiaries.
- It aims to enhance the operational efficiency of the board.
- Use of the DBT mode to transfer the scheme funds to the beneficiaries.
Maharashtra Building and Other Construction Worker’s Board has launched numerous welfare schemes to benefit the construction workers engaged in the unorganized sector of the state. A list of these schemes has been covered under the following sub-sections.
A. Social Security
- Reimbursement of Rs. 30,000 for the first marriage expenses
- Mid-day Meal
- Pradhan Mantri Sharm Yogi Maan-Dhan Scheme
- The assistance of Rs. 5,000 for purchase of tools
- Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Vima Yojana
- Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Vima Yojana
- Recognition of Prior Learning Training
- Providing Safety Kits
- Providing Essential Kits
- Financial assistance of Rs. 2500 per year for students of class 1st-7th .
- For Class 8th-10th students, financial aid of Rs. 5,000 per year
- For Class 11th-12th meritorious students, aid of Rs. 10,000 per year.
- Financial assistance of Rs. 20,000 per year for degree students.
- Medical degree- Rs. 1 lac per year
- Engineering degree- Rs. 60,000 per year
- Diploma Course- Rs. 20,000 per year
- PG Diploma Course- Rs. 25,000 per year
- Reimbursement of MISCT course
C. Health Care
- For pergenant women, the following financial support will be provided at the time of their deliveries:
- Normal Delivery- Rs. 15,000
- Surgical Delivery- Rs. 20,000
- For the treatment of critical illness of the registered labourers or their family members, Rs. 1 lac will be granted.
- For workers with 75% or more disability, financial help of Rs. 2 lacs.
- Mahatma Jyotiba Phule Jan Aarogya Yojana
- Regular health check-ups
D. Financial Support
- Atal Bandkam Kamgar Yojana (Urban)
- Atal Bandkam Kamgar Yojana (Rural)
- Financial assistance of Rs. 2 lacs for natural death to the legal heir
- Financial assistance of Rs. 5 lacs for accidental death at the construction site to the legal heir.
- Funeral assistance- Rs. 10,000
- Financial assistance of Rs. 24,000 per year for to the widow/ widower of the registered labour.
- Rs. 6 lacs for home loan or Rs. 2 lacs grant.
Only those construction workers can register on the Maharashtra Building and Other Construction Worker’s Welfare Board who will satisfy the following described eligibility standards.
- The applying workers must be engaged in the construction work.
- They should be permanent residents of the Maharashtra state.
- The applicants must fall within the age group of 18 to 60 years.
- Workers must have been employed for at least 90 days over a time period of one year.
How to register as Maharashtra Construction Worker?
To register themselves on the Maharashtra Building and Other Construction Worker’s Welfare Board, the labourers need to follow the procedure described below.
Step I:- First of all, the beneficiaries need to visit the official website of the Maharashtra Building and Other Construction Worker’s Welfare Board, i.e. www.mahabocw.in.
Step II:- On the homepage, a sequence of icons will appear as depicted. Click on the “Construction Worker: Registration” icon from them.
Step III:- As you click on the same, another window will open. Select your nearest WFC Location from the list.
Step IV:- After that, mention your 12-digit Aadhaar number and active mobile number in the corresponding fields. Then, you must click on the “Proceed to Form” button.
Step V:- An OTP will be sent to the given mobile number. Verify it and proceed accordingly.
Step VI:- The registration form for the Maharashtra Construction Workers will appear. Enter the required details, such as
– Personal Details
– Residential Address
– Family Details
– Bank account details
– Details of the Employment
Step VII:- Upload the supporting documents in the required format and size limit. Tick the declaration checkbox and click on the “Save” button to proceed further.
Step VIII:- Your application number will be displayed over the screen. Note it down for future use.
Your registration is successful.
Offline Registration Procedure Maharashtra Construction Worker
Apart from the online method to apply, the government of Maharashtra has also established an offline method to register as a Mah Construction Worker.
To do the same, download the Labour Registration Form either from the official website from the Mah BOCW Welfare Board or directly from the download link provided below.
- Take a printout of the above form.
- Complete the form with the correct details.
- Attach all the supporting documents along.
- Submit it at the concerned office of the BOCW Board.
- Obtain an acknowledgment slip for the same. Keep it safe.
- The authorities will proceed, once your application is verified.
Maharashtra Construction Worker: Registration Fee
Maharashtra Construction Workers Welfare Board demands a nominal registration fee of Rs. 25 per application. All the applying candidates need to pay the mentioned amount as a one-time registration fee.
Once the registration is done, the registered workers need to pay any amount to continue the benefits offered by the Mah BOCW Welfare Board. The board suggests the subscription fee be paid via two methods depending upon the time period. One for five years and the other being a monthly subscription. The charges for the same has been described below.
|Annual Subscription of five years
List of Documents Required for Registration
Prepare the below-mentioned documents before you begin the registration process.
|Proof of Age
|Proof of Identity
|Proof of Residence
|90 days Working Certificate
|Recent passport-sized photographs (three)
How to Log in to Maharashtra Construction Worker Profile?
After successfully registering themselves, the construction workers of the state of Maharashtra can log in to their respective profiles to get all the latest updates and to apply for other scheme benefits on the portal. The procedure to do the same has been summarized below.
Step I:- Open the homepage of the official portal of Mah BOCW Welfare Board. Tap on the button of “Construction Worker: Profile Login”.
Step II:- On clicking on it, a new page will open. Enter your Aadhaar Card number and registered mobile number. Click on the “Login” button to continue.
Step III:- An automated OTP will be forwarded to your mobile number. Upon successful verification, your Maharashtra Construction Worker profile will open.
How to renew the Maharashtra Construction Worker Registration?
After a stipulated period of time, the already registered workers must renew their registration to continue to avail of the benefits offered by the Maharashtra BOCW Welfare Board. Here, we have shared an easy step by step procedure to carry out the same process.
Step I:- Visit the official website of the BOCW Maharashtra. Click on the “Construction Worker Online Renewal” icon as shown.
Step II:- A new window will open. Select the relevant option from the following options as per your requirement.
Step III:- Enter the details according to the chosen option. You will require your registration and acknowledgement number to continue.
Step IV:- A renewal form will appear. Feed the correct details in the form. In the end, upload the documents required.
Step V:- After uploading the documents, mark the checkbox confirming the declaration of acceptance of the terms and conditions of the portal. Finally, submit your renewal application.
List of Documents Required for Renewal
Below is the list of the essential documents required for the renewal of the construction worker registration.
|90 days Working Certificate
|Self Declaration Certificate
How to apply online for claim under Mah BOCW Welfare Board?
Follow the procedure below to apply for an online claim under the Maharashtra Building and Other Construction Worker’s Welfare Board.
- Use the link to visit the official website of BOCW Board, Maharashtra.
- On its homepage, click on the “Construction Worker: Apply Online for Claim”.
- Select the relevant option from the following, New Claim/ Update Claim.
- Enter your registration number or acknowledgment number or both as per the selected claim.
- Fill in the details in the claim form that appears.
- After that, upload the requiste list of documenst in the stipulated manner.
- Submit the duly-filled form online by clicking on the “Submit” button.
List of Documents Required for Claim Application
The following enlisted documents will be required while applying for the claim.
|Sales Deed Certificate
|Interest Due Certificate
|Self Declaration Form
For any queries related to the Maharashtra Construction Worker Registration, Claim Form, Renewal, login, etc., you can easily approach the concerned authorities of the Maharashtra Building and Other Construction Worker’s Welfare Board through the following designated methods:
|Maharashtra Building And Other Construction Worker’s Welfare Board.
5th Floor, MMTC House,
Plot C-22, E-Block,
Bandra Kurla Complex, Bandra(E),
Mumbai – 400051,
Click here for more details.
|Maharashtra Building And Other Construction Worker’s Welfare Board
|Construction Worker: Registration
|Download Registration Form
|Construction Worker Login
|Apply Online for Claim
|Construction Worker Renewal
|Other Maharashtra Govt Schemes
Frequently Asked Questions
The Board aims to uplift the living conditions of the state construction workers and enhance their quality of work through various welfare schemes and programmes.
Broadly, four types of welfare schemes are being granted to the registered construction workers on the board, which covers Social Security, Health, Education and Financial Benefits to the worker and his/her family members.
All the education-based welfare schemes are applicable for only the first two children of the registered construction worker.
While registering via online mode, all the supporting documents must be scanned clearly and within the set specifications prescribed by the authorities.
– File extension- pdf/ jpg/ jpeg/ png
– Maximum size- 2 MB
Let us know if you have queries/ suggestions related to the above article through the comment section below.