Maharashtra Police E pass: As covid cases are surging across the country, we can notice restrictions imposed by the states to break the chain. Maharashtra is one of the worst affected states when we talk about covid cases. This is the reason State government has imposed lockdown as a measure to stop the number of rising cases due to second wave. To keep the state in motion amid lockdown Maharashtra police has reintroduced the system of e-passes for emergency travel within and across state. Maharashtra Police E pass can be obtained online from the official portal introduced by the state police.
E-pass is simply a valid document issued by the government to citizens who need it in case of travel emergencies (only extreme emergency) amid lockdown. e-Pass system was initially introduced last year when country witnessed the same situation of Covid emergency. Citizens were required to get a pass to travel within and across states. As curfew has been announced in the state and the government has issued fresh SOPs and guidelines for movement to control the pandemic situation in the state, all the citizens are advised to stay home and step out only in case of extreme emergencies.
Maharashtra Police E pass
As the state has witnessed an unprecedented surge in Covid cases in past one month, Government has imposed curfew and issued various restrictions in the state. As per the new guidelines all the weddings, travel, employee attendances in offices have been restricted by the government and all the citizens has been advised to stay home to curb the present situation. Those who wish to apply for e-pass can get it online from the official portal launched by Maharashtra police i.e., covid19.mhpolice.in/. They have to submit necessary documents at the time of application and also have to give reason for the travel amid curfew.
If you are in Maharashtra and having an extreme emergency due to which you have to travel and need a travel pass but you do not have any idea how you can apply for it then you are on the right page. Here you will be getting every information related to Maharashtra police e-pass such as online and offline process of application, details required for application, documents, application status etc.
Maharashtra Police E pass at a glance
|Type of Pass||E-pass for inter-state & inter-district travel|
|Implemented from||23rd April 2021|
|Purpose||For emergency travel during lockdown|
|Mode of application||Online application|
|Issue of e-pass till||1st May (till further order)|
Who can apply for Mumbai e-Pass Online?
Any citizen found travelling without a valid e-pass during the lockdown period will be fined heavily and a strict action will be taken. Therefore, it is compulsory to obtain an emergency travel pass in the state before travelling so, that they can show it to the cops when required.
Check who can apply for e-pass for travel given as under-
- Any individual/ group who have to travel due to an extreme emergency such as extreme medical emergency, death of relative, marriage, or any other emergency can apply using the portal.
- Those who are involved in providing essential services are not required to obtain a travel pass for intra-state and inter-state travel purpose.
How to apply for Maharashtra e-Pass Online?
To check e-Pass online from the official portal, you can follow the simple instructions shared as under-
- Step 1- To apply for e-Pass applicants have to visit e-pass portal.
- Step 2- Now, official application portal will open. Read all the necessary instructions mentioned on this page.
- Step 3- To submit application, click on “Apply for Pass Here” link.
- Step 4- Application page will open. On this page, select yes or no option for whether you have to visit outside state or not.
- Step 5- Fill all the details asked in the application form correctly.
- Step 6- Upload necessary documents in prescribed format.
- Step 7- Check all the entries and click on “Submit” button.
- Step 8- After application submission, a token Id will be generated.
- Step 9- Save this token id for checking application status.
Information to be filled in the application form
Applicants have to fill following information in the application form-
- Concerned district/ Police Commissionrate
- Duration/Date of travel
- Mobile No,
- Travel Type
- Purpose of travel
- Starting point district
- Destination point district
- Number of companions while travelling
- Address of the destination etc.
- Whether from containment zone
- whether to return via same route
Along with providing travel details, you have to submit some documents. Check complete details below-
- You have to upload a passport size photo that 20 kb.
- Along with this, you have to attack other relevant documents which could include a valid company Id, valid Organization document, Essential Service Letter, medical report, etc.
- While uploading these documents, you have to combine these documents in a single file.
- The size of documents should not be more than 1 MB.
How to obtain E-pass offline in Maharashtra?
There are several people who do not have any access to internet and so the the online travel pass system. If such people need a travel pass, then they can visit the nearest Police Station and get their pass. The officials at the police status will fill the application form and will help them in issue of the same.
How to check Status/Download e-Pass?
If you are thinking that you can get your e-pass in few seconds than you are wrong. However, in some conditions you can get it on hand-to-hand basis but most of the time you have to wait for it. Once the application is submitted online, applicants are issued a token id using which they can track their application status.
To check the application status online, you have to follow the given steps-
- Visit online e-pass portal.
- Click on “Check Status/Download Pass” link.
- Enter token Id in the space provided.
- The application status will display.
- If application is approved, then download the e-pass issued and keep it safe.
Information printed on Maharashtra e-Pass
Maharashtra e-Pass will carry following information-
- Name and other details of the applicant
- Details of vehicles
- Validity/ date of e-pass
- QR code
- Purpose/ reason of travel etc.
Post Application Process
Once the application is verified and approved the department concerned, e-pass will be issued to the applicants. You can check the approval status from the portal by using the token Id. Once approved download it from the portal.
It will include all the necessary details and you have to keep a soft copy or hard copy of the same while travelling and have to produce it when required.
Maharashtra Color Stickers for Essential Services
Meanwhile, with the re-introduction or e-pass system in the state, Maharashtra police has also introduced a system of providing color coded stickers. Under this, color stickers with different color codes will be allotted to vehicles related to different emergency services.
Check the color codes and services associated with them given below-
- Red Color stickers- These stickers are for personnel who work in services related to medical emergency.
- Green Color Stickers- These stickers are allotted to people involved in providing grocery, food and vegetables within the state.
- Yellow Stickers- This sticker is issued for other miscellaneous essential services as listed in the order passed by the Government.
- It is compulsory to mention a valid reason for emergency travel in the application form.
- E-passes are issued only to the common people who are in dire need of travelling due to emergencies.
- For people involved in emergency services, police is issuing color stickers depending on the nature or service.
- One should note that application will be filled only in English. However, they can access the application form in Marathi.
- Once the application will get verified and approved you can download you e-pass by entering your Token Id.
- Applications will be approved or rejected as per the discretion of respective Zonal Deputy Commissioner Office or DSP (District Superintendent of Police Office).
- In case an e-pass is misused, copied or used beyond the date of expiry, a serious punishment will be given to the offender.
- Applicants have to mention a valid reason in brief in the application form.
|Maharashtra Police e-Pass portal||Click Here|
|Maharashtra Police Covid-ePass application||Click Here|
|Maharashtra Lockdown travel pass status Check||Click Here|
|CoWIN Registration||Click Here|
The state police department has made it mandatory to have a e-pass for emergency travel from 23rd April 2021 and it will be valid till 1st May. However, the last date is subject to be extended depending on the situation.
Maharashtra e-pass are being issued by the Deputy Commissioner of Police in each zone of the state.
You can either get it online or offline.
You can apply for it by visiting https://covid19.mhpolice.in/.
To apply offline, you have to visit the nearest police station in your area. We suggest our readers to apply for e-pass online as it is the safest way of application.
No, application process is free of cost. No application fee or any other charges are applicable.