Andhra Pradesh Government of Jagan Mohan Reddy has implemented a lot of schemes in the state since the date he has come into power. Jagananna Thodu Scheme is one of the schemes of Andhra Pradesh that was launched in 2020. Jagananna Thodu is a state government-funded scheme for providing financial aid in the form of loans to the small street vendors, hawkers, traders, artisans etc. of the state who lost their livelihood due to the lockdown amid Covid emergency or are on the verge of losing their livelihood due to uncertain events.
The idea of implementing this scheme seeded in the mind of Andhra CM when he witnessed the plight of small street vendors and various artisans while his 3648 km Praja Sankalpa padayatra. As these vendors fall under the unorganized sector and are left with nothing in case their occupation is hampered due to various unforeseen events (like lockdown, adverse weather conditions etc.), no bank provides the loan to resume their business. As a result of which they approach private lenders for loans and fall into a debt trap. Consequently, he launched AP Jagananna Thodu Scheme on 25th November 2021 to help these small vendors earn their livelihood and prevent them from falling into the trap of private moneylenders.
Table of Contents
Jagananna Thodu Scheme 2023
Jagannanna Thodu scheme is similar to PM Svanidhi scheme of Central Government which was launched for street vendors who were severely affected by the lockdown imposed due to the pandemic across the country. The scheme was launched to ameliorate the hardships these street vendors and other small traders faced during the lockdown due to financial crises.
Under this scheme beneficiaries are provided with a working capital loan upto 10000/- with zero interest from banks and the interest amount is paid back by the Government to the banks. The main objective of this scheme is to protect the livelihood of the street vendors. It is a kind of micro-credit facility from the government to the small street vendors of the state for resuming their small businesses affected due to various reasons.
Those who wish to gain information about Jagananna Thodu scheme are on the right page. Here, they are going to get all the important details about this welfare scheme. Here, we have covered each and every piece of information like features of Jagannanna Thodu, its benefits, application process, eligibility criteria, documents requited etc. So, you can just scroll down and go through the information given.
Launch Of 2nd Phase of Jagananna Thodu Scheme
To provide loans to the street vendors, up to Rs 10000 on 8 June 2021, the Chief Minister released 370 crores under 2nd phase of this scheme around 3.75 lakh beneficiaries got benefited under phase 2.
Key Highlights of Jagananna Thodu Scheme
|Name of the scheme||Jagannanna Thodu|
|Category||AP Govt Scheme|
|Scheme type||State Welfare scheme|
|Concerned Authority||Government of Andhra Pradesh|
|Date of Launch||25th November 2020|
|Benefit provided||Interest-free loan up to Rs.10000/- to eligible beneficiaries|
|Beneficiaries||Street Vendors & various small street traders of the state|
|Current Status||Jagnanna Thodu Loan disbursed into the accounts of the beneficiaries|
Features of AP Jagananna Thodu
Jagananna Thodu scheme has become a saviour for small scale street vendors who suffered livelihood crises during the lockdown period. This scheme has several features explained below in this particular section. So, you can have a look at the significant features for understanding of this scheme-
- Jagananna Thodu is state funded scheme only for the citizens of Andhra State.
- The scheme was launched in November 2020 for providing working capital to eligible street vendors in the form of interest free loan from banks.
- Under this scheme a loan upto Rs.10000/- with zero percent finance/ interest is provided to the beneficiaries. The govt bear the interest of each beneficiary.
- The loan amount is directly transferred to the bank accounts of the beneficiaries once sanctioned by the bank.
- More than 9 lakh beneficiaries have been provided interest free loan under this scheme so far.
- Identification of beneficiaries is done with the help of ward/ village volunteers.
- The beneficiaries are issued smart ID cards to reduce the chances of corruption and for effective implementation of scheme across the state.
Benefits of AP Jagananna Thodu Scheme
- Assistance provided to beneficiaries in the form of loan facilitates them to resume there businesses and grow more.
- Facilitate street vendors to become self-reliant and empowered.
- Helps street vendors to resume and grow their business and earn better.
- Prevent small vendors from falling into the debt trap of private loan provider.
Eligibility for Jagananna Thodu Scheme
To avail benefits of this scheme, one need to fulfill all the eligibility requirements. Check jagananna thodu scheme eligibility details shared as under-
- Beneficiary should be a resident of Andhra Pradesh.
- Applicants must have completed 18 years of age.
- Applicant must have an active bank account running under his/her name.
- Family income of the beneficiary should not be more than Rs.10000/- in rural areas (village) and 12000/- in towns.
- All the street vendors selling fruits, vegetables, ready-to-eat street food, fast food, tea, pakodas, other food stuffs, books/ stationery items, on roadside, payments, footpaths etc. are eligible for this scheme.
- All the artisans engaged in small businesses of traditional handicrafts and selling it on streets are also eligible.
- All the street vendors running tiffin services are also eligible.
- People running their business in a temporary or permanent space of 5×5 ft. or less can avail benefit of thus scheme.
- All the street vendors/ hawkers selling various items on carts, bicycle, stalls, motor vehicles, baskets comes under the purview of this scheme.
In order to apply and avail interest free loan benefit under this scheme beneficiaries must produce necessary documents and details at the time of application. These details and documents include-
- Aadhar Card of the beneficiary
- Voter Id proof
- A valid mobile number
- Bank Account details
- Documents issued by government
- Business location details (fixed or wandering)
- Land ownership papers (if any)
- Family income details
- Other documents as asked by the concerned person
Note: Readers should note that Jagananna Thodu Scheme and PM Street Vendor’s AtmaNirbhar Nidhi i.e., PM SVANidhi schemes are not the same. They both although have the same objective but are different. Jagananna Thodu Scheme is a state govt. funded scheme for Andhra State only where PM SVANidhi is a Centrally Funded scheme for all the State/UTs (which have notified street vendor’s Protection of Livelihood and Regulation of Street Vending Act) of the country.
How to apply for Jagannanna Thodu Scheme?
There is no online portal for the submission of direct applications by prospective beneficiaries. In fact, we can say that, as of now, the government has not released any proper application process for this scheme. Identification of beneficiaries for the AP Jagannanna Thodu Scheme is made through surveys conducted by the government. These surveys are conducted by ward/village volunteers across the state.
The beneficiaries identified by the gram volunteers have to produce all the required documents and on the basis of the information collected Gram volunteers have to fill their applications. The application forms are then verified and forwarded to officials appointed for further processing.
In case, a person is eligible for this scheme but his/her name is not covered under the beneficiary list then, she/he must contact the concerned village volunteer or concerned authority in the case of the urban area. Any small vendor in Andhra Pradesh who wish to apply for this scheme can visit the concerned Village/ward volunteer office. Unlike Central Government’s PM Svanidhi Scheme, there is no online application portal for Jagananna Thodu.
District-Wise Data Stats
On the launch of this scheme, a total of 905003 beneficiaries were provided assistance through this scheme. Check district-wise stats of beneficiaries and loan sanctioned under this scheme mentioned in the table below-
|Name of the District||Loan (in crores)||No. of Beneficiaries till date|
Process of Disbursement of loan amount under Jagananna Thodu Scheme
The process of sanction of loan under this scheme include few stages. These stages are mentioned below-
- Identification of eligible beneficiaries through door-to-door surveys
- Scrutiny of application forms and validation of beneficiary data.
- Display of beneficiary list at ward secretariat for social audit.
- Reverification and finalization of beneficiary list by the concerned officials
- Approval from District Collector
- Forwarding approved list of beneficiaries to the bank for loan sanction.
- After approval loan is sanctioned and transferred to the bank accounts of the beneficiaries
- Issue of Identity cards to beneficiaries by ward volunteers.
|Andhra State Portal||Click Here|
|Jagananna Thodu scheme portal||Click Here|
|PM Svanidhi portal||Click Here|
|Jagananna Vidya Deevena Scheme||Click Here|
In case of any issue related to Jagananna Thodu Scheme 2023, you can freely write to us by commenting in the comment section below.
Jagananna Thodu scheme launch Date was 25th November 2020 and it was launched by the CM of Andhra Pradesh Mr. Jagan Mohan Reddy.
Beneficiaries are provided an interest-free loan of about Rs.10000/-.
Beneficiaries for this scheme are identified by the Village or Ward Volunteers appointed across the state.
ID cards to beneficiaries are distributed by Ward Volunteers after the loan is sanctioned by the bank.
Jagananna Thodu beneficiary lists are displayed at the village/ward secretariat. Citizens can visit concerned ward secretariat to check the beneficiary list.
No online portal is available for this scheme as of now. One can check information or updates about this scheme on the official portal of Andhra Pradesh or from this page.
The loan is transferred directly to the bank account of the beneficiary. Therefore, it is advised to each beneficiary to provide correct account details.
It nearly takes a time of a week or 10 days to credit the loan into the bank account of the beneficiary.
In this case, he can visit the ward secretariat or contact the concerned village volunteer.
The status of loan can be checked by visiting the concerned bank.
No, they both are different schemes. Jagananna Thodu is a state funded welfare scheme under Andhra Government whereas PM Svanidhi is national level scheme which is implemented across the country.