Assam Scholarship 2023: The government of Assam has launched a new scholarship scheme for all the students of the state. As there are many students who want to further continue their studies but are unable to do so due to their financial conditions. The citizens will get a huge benefit from this scheme, as the scheme is introduced for the benefit of all the students. You will be informed of everything about the scholarship program here on this page, check out the full article to know more about the Assam scholarship.
As the scheme is only available for lower-caste students who can not afford their education, as they do not belong to wealthy families. And if you are willing to get a better education for your future then you should apply for the scholarship scheme. There are only some of the scholarships which are available currently, you will be able to see the full list of the scholarship available for the students of the state.
Table of Contents
Assam Scholarship 2023
There are various types of scholarships under the director of higher education, Assam which have been implemented for the better education of all the praiseworthy students. Through the implementation of the scholarship scheme, all the eligible students will get financial help from the government for their further studies. They will be able to accomplish their dream and will get all the study-related material for their study. You will be able to take full advantage of the scholarship scheme, this scheme has been introduced for the betterment of students’ education.
Assam Scholarship – Overview Table
|Article type||Assam Scholarship|
|Name of the scheme||Assam Scholarship scheme|
|Scheme launched by||Government of Assam|
|Beneficiary||All the students of Assam|
|The objective of the scheme||Provide scholarships to all the underprivileged students of the state|
Assam Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
There are some eligibility criteria for the scholarship, citizens before applying for the scholarship must look after the criteria mentioned by the government of the state. If you match the eligibility criteria set by the government then you will be able to get the scholarship for the same. If you want to know the eligibility criteria for the scholarship then here we have given the list of the scholarships and their criteria for the same.
|Name of the scholarship||Eligibility criteria|
|Combined merit scholarship||Applicants must score 60% marks in higher secondary.|
60% in general degree (TDC).
The student must be in the domicile of the Assam state.
The student must have a bank account in their name.
|PG research scholarship||The applicants must score 55% marks in the qualifying marks.|
All the students who are admitted to LLM/ M.Phil/Ph.D. post-doctorate research scholars in any recognized university are eligible for the scholarship program.
The applicant must have a bank account in their name
|Pre-matric scholarship for OBC category students, Assam||Students belonging to the OBC category will be eligible to apply for the scholarship program.|
The applicant must obtain 60% marks in their previous year’s examination.
The family income of the student should not exceed 2.50 lakh.
Students studying in classes 1 to 10 can apply for this scheme.
|Pre-matric scholarship for ST students (class 9 and 10), Assam||The scholarship is available for students studying in class 9th and 10th on the government-recognized board or government school.|
The family income of the student should not exceed Rs.2 lakh.
The student should not hold any centrally funded pre-matric scholarship.
|Pre-matric scholarship for ST students (classes 1 and 8), Assam||Students of classes 1 to 8 will be able to take advantage of this scholarship scheme.|
The scheme is available for all the Scheduled tribe students of the state.
The family income of the student should be not more than Rs.50,000
|Post-matric scholarship for OBC students, Assam||Students who are pursuing their education from class 11th to post-doctoral level will be able to take advantage of this scheme.|
The annual income of the family should not be more than Rs1.50 lakh.
Students belonging to the OBC category will be eligible for this scheme
|Post-matric scholarship for ST students, Assam||Students who are pursuing their education from class 11th to post-doctoral level will be able to take advantage of this scheme.|
The annual income of the family should be less than Rs.2 lakh.
|Means cum merit scholarship, Assam||Students who are pursuing any of the degree courses (Science, arts, and commerce) from any recognized college/ university.|
The applicants must have secured 60% marks in any of the above-mentioned streams.
The annual income f the family should not exceed 2.50 Lakh
|National Talent Search Exam (NTSE)||Students studying in class 10th will be eligible to apply for this scholarship.|
The scholarship is also available for students who are pursuing distance studies, and their age is 18 years old.
|Assam Foundation of North America Academics scholarships||Students from any bachelor’s degree course will be eligible for this scholarship scheme.|
The applicant must have completed their higher secondary examination (ICSE, ISC)
|Prime minister scholarship scheme for central Armed police force and Assam rifles||The scholarship is available for the wards and widows of CAPF and AR Personnel.|
For one who became disabled at work or retired personnel scholarship is available to them also.
The applicant must have pursued degree courses like medicine, engineering, veterinary, BCA, BBA, MBA, and MCA.
Applicants must have obtained 60% marks in any of the above-mentioned courses.
Assam Scholarship Objective 2023
The main purpose of the scholarship program is to provide proper education to all eligible students. This scholarship is available for all students who are financially poor and are unable to afford their education. Through this scholarship scheme, you will get financial assistance from the government of Assam for a better education. Students will be able to fulfill their wishes and achieve their goals so this scholarship will be very beneficial for all the poor students of the state.
Assam Scholarship Benefits and Features 2023
Students will be able to take advantage of the Assam scholarship scheme, as there are many benefits of the scheme which will help them to get the scholarship. Here we have discussed the benefits of the scholarship.
- The scholarship is available for all the underprivileged students of the state
- The application process is totally online for all the candidates
- You do not have to visit any office to apply for the scholarship scheme as it will be done by visiting the official portal.
- The scheme will save a lot of time energy and money and will also bring transparency to the system.
- Students from all categories will be eligible to take advantage of this scheme.
- Students do not have to pay a single penne, as the government will be taking responsibility for the same.
How to get Register for Assam Scholarship 2023?
All the students who belong to the low category (SC/ ST/ OBC) or who are unable to afford education for their future will be eligible to register themselves under the Assam scholarship. We have discussed the full procedure to get yourself registered for the Assam scholarship.
- To get yourself registered for the scholarship program, go to the official portal of the Directorate of higher education i.e. directorateofhighereducation.assam.gov.in
- After visiting the official portal, scroll the page, and there on the right side of the page you will be able to see the Apply for Scholarship option.
- After that click on the option and then you will be taken to the new page, where you are supposed to tap on the Register Now option.
- After that on the new page, the registration form will appear before you, start filling out the details asked in the form.
- After entering the details then you have to enter the security code on the page and then tap on the Register Now option.
- After that you will be successfully registered yourself in the portal, now you have to do the login with your user id and password.
- After that, you have to enter the security code mentioned in the box.
- Then on the next page, the application form will appear before you, start filling out the required details on the application form.
- After that upload the required documents along with the application form.
- Now after you have completely filled out the form then, you are required to tap on the submit option.
- By following the above procedure you will be able to apply for the Assam Scholarship program.
Documents Required for Assam Scholarship registration
There are some important documents that are required to upload while applying for the scholarship. Without uploading the required documents your application will not proceed further, check out the below-mentioned list of documents.
- Permanent resident certificate
- Certificate from the registrar/ Head of the students where the candidate is studying
- Final Marksheet of last year’s examination
- Class 10th and 12th mark-sheet and certificate
- Recent clicked passport size photograph of the candidate
- Scanned signature of the candidate
- Self-declaration form for not holding any other scholarship
- Bank passbook, IFSC code, account name, account holder name, etc.
- Any of the government-issued id proofs ( Aadha r card, Pan card, Voter id card, etc)
Assam Scholarship 2023 Application Portal
All the scholarships that have been mentioned above on this page will be available on different sites, we have given the name of the sites here on this page. Check out the list below to know about the same.
|Name of the scholarship||Application portal|
|Combined merit scholarship||Directorate of higher education, Government of Assam|
|PG research scholarship||Directorate of higher education, Government of Assam|
|Pre-matric scholarship for OBC category students, Assam||Apply from National Scholarship Portal|
|Pre-matric scholarship for ST students (class 9 and 10), Assam||Apply from National Scholarship Portal|
|Pre-matric scholarship for ST students (classes 1 and 8), Assam||Apply from National Scholarship Portal|
|Post-matric scholarship for OBC students, Assam||Apply from National Scholarship Portal|
|Post-matric scholarship for ST students, Assam||Apply from National Scholarship Portal|
|Means cum merit scholarship, Assam||Department of Higher Education, Assam|
|National Talent Search Exam (NTSE)||Apply through the Liaison officer|
|Assam Foundation of North America Academics scholarships||Applicants will be able to apply both online and offline mode, which can be done by visiting the official portal of the Assam Foundation of North America.|
|Prime minister scholarship scheme for central Armed police force and Assam rifles||Apply through National|
Steps To Check Out the Contact Details
All the applicants who want to get full information about the scholarship or other related queries, you can contact for the same. Here we have mentioned the full procedure about the same.
- To check out the contact details about the scholarship program, visit the official website if the Directorate of higher education i.e. directorateofhighereducation.assam.gov.in.
- After you have visited the site then on the home page you have to tap on the Contact us option mentioned at the top of the page.
- Once you have tapped on the option then you will be taken to the next page, where you will be able to see the contact details.
- By following the above-mentioned procedure you will be able to check out the contact details.
Procedure to view the Schemes
Applicants will be able to view the schemes and other details of them on the official portal, as there is a variety of schemes available on the site so here is the procedure to check out the scheme.
- To check out the schemes, go to the official website of the Directorate of higher education i.e. directorateofhighereducation.assam.gov.in
- After you have visited the site then, click on the Scheme option, available at the top of the home page
- Then you will be taken to the new page, where you will be able to look at the Assam scholarship schemes.
- By following the above-mentioned procedure you will be able to check the scheme along with the budget and expenditure.
Assam Scholarship : Important Links
|Assam Scholarship Application link||Click Here|
|Assam Scholarship PG Research||Click Here|
|Assam Scholarship Combined merit||Click Here|
The scheme is applicable to all the low-category students who can not afford their education due to their financial income.
We have mentioned the scholarship schemes in the article check out the full list of the scholarship schemes along with the eligibility criteria.
The step is already mentioned in the article go through the full steps from there.