Prime Minister’s Research Fellowship | pmrf India | apply online | how to get pmrf scholarship amount | eligibility | lateral entry | total seats | Granting Institutes | Selected Candidates
Fellowship term refers to the short period of work opportunities at an institution/college. A fellowship is the scholarship of any course, which totally depends on the merit list. These scholarships are funded by the respective government. Nowadays government of India has come up with different fellowship programs.
Likewise, PMRF refers to Prime Minister’s Research Fellows, whose aim is to find relevant talent. The talent hunt across the nation to doctoral courses of IITs, IISc, IISERs, NITs, and other central institutes or universities. Prime Minister’s Research Fellowship will carry out domains of technology and science cutting edge research. Those applicants who are enthusiastic about pursuing doctorate programs can get this golden chance.
By examining this post, candidates will come to know about the complete details concerning Prime Minister’s Research Fellowship 2022. Here we have shared the info like how applicants will select for this fellowship program, eligibility criteria, process to submit the application, and so on.
Prime Minister’s Research Fellowship 2022
Ministry of Human Resource Development, GOI implemented the scheme called Prime Minister’s Research Fellows. This plan has designed for improving the quality of research in different education universities. Keeping vision development by innovation in mind, authorities search for the best talent.
The selection process of talent will be very hard, and the performance of the applicant will be analyzed by the national convention. In 2018-2019 the budget of the PMRF plan was released. A separate portal has developed by officials from where applicants can easily apply for the scheme. As per the news, now applicants can apply for this fellowship in 2 channels that are lateral entry and direct entry.
Highlights of Prime Minister’s Research Fellowship
|Name of the Scheme||Prime Minister’s Research Fellowship|
|Scheme Implemented By||Ministry of HR Development and Government of India|
|Mode of Submitting Application||Online Mode|
|Who are Recipients||Interested Students of the Country|
|Objective of PMRF||Providing Fellowship and offering money to students|
|Official Portal Link||dec2020.pmrf.in|
|Category of the Post||Central Govt Schemes|
Prime Minister’s Research Fellowship Reformations
- Initially, applicants belonging to selected universities can apply for PMRF now, students of any institution can apply for the Prime Minister’ research fellowship programme.
- Earlier, the score of the GATE examination was 750, which is presently get diminished to 600.
- According to the new rules and instruction, entry will be done through one of two channels i.e. direct or lateral entry.
- National Institute of Technologies, who were in the top 25 ranking list of the institution of National Institute framework ranking will also provide PMRF conferring institutions.
PMRF Fellowships Details
|Year||Amount of Fellowship|
|1st Year||70,000 Rs|
|2nd Year||70,000 Rs|
|3rd Year||75,000 Rs|
|4th Year||80,000 Rs|
|5th Year||80,000 Rs|
Prime Minister’s Research Fellowship Eligibility Criteria
Before you fill and submit the application form for the PMRF program we suggest you check the eligibility standards. Only those applicants can submit the form that fulfils all the criteria’s. In this section of the article, we have explained eligibility as per entry channels.
Criteria For Lateral Entry
- Applicant who wants to apply must be pursuing Ph.D course from one of those universities that grant PMRF scheme. Moreover, 12 months of Ph.D course should be completed if candidates have Master’s Degree or 24 months of Ph.D is completed in case Under Graduate with Ph.D courses. The given time period will be counted from the admission date of the Ph.D to the date of lateral entry. For the lateral entry, an applicant will be taken under consideration only twice. Applicants who are pursuing integrated M.Sc/ M.Tech and Ph.D courses have to apply within one year of the satisfying PG degree.
- Aspirants who will take admission to the Ph.D course through lateral entry will not be able to take admission by a direct entry in next year. Applicants who work in a host university and want to transfer to another PMRF institute is not permitted.
- Metrics on which contestants will be judged include a powerful analysis program, grade and publication record.
- Aspirant must have pursued a minimum of 4 subjects in Ph.D full semester course and must have a CGPA of an aggregate of 8.5 (minimum) from 10.
- Applicants who have enrolled one of those universities that provide PMRF must make a good recommendation for the student and upload the details (publication of soft copies and proposal of research) on the portal.
Criteria For Direct Entry
- Applicants must have cleared the GATE and completed or pursuing MS/ M.Tech by research in one of the institutions that furnishes PMRF. In addition, candidates must score at least 8.0 CPI or CGPA out of 10 by the end of 1st sem with four programs minimum. The CPI or CGPA will be based on every course, thesis, labs that applicants have cleared.
- The judgement of matrices of applicants will consist of publication, exposure of research, international competitions, letter recommendation and grades.
- PMRF panel will review the improvement of candidates in 12 to 18 months of Ph.D course (after admission). After officials will get the satisfactory performance of applicants, then the PMRF scheme will be continued.
Important Certificates Need to apply for PMRF Scheme
All those applicants who wished to submit the application form of PMRF will require the list of documents given below.
- SBI Collect Electronic Receipt (PDF Format)
- Current Passport Sized Photo of Aspirant
- Grade sheet/ Transcript/ Scorecard Copy of the last semester completed by the student (PDF Format)
- Appropriate CV (Curriculum Vitae) in a PDF form
- Abstract PDF with 1000 words
Application procedure to apply for PM Research Fellowship
All those candidates who are willing to apply for PMRF must go through with the steps given in the following segment.
- In the beginning, applicants have to visit the official website of the Prime Minister’s Research Fellows that is https://dec2020.pmrf.in/.
- The landing page will flash on your screen in a few moments.
- Hit the link of the “Apply Online” button given on the home screen.
- The instruction page will flash on your screen.
- Read all the guidelines and press the “Click Here to Apply” link.
- An application form will be presented on your screen where aspirants have to insert their information.
- In the next step, upload the scanned copy of all the necessary documents.
- And, also provide your SBI fee receipt downloaded from the official portal.
- Next, hit the “Submit” button.
- The form will be submitted, and download the application form for further usage.
PMRF Application Charges
Candidates who desire to submit the application form for PMRF are needed to submit 1000 INR as an application fee. The fees can be paid through the online medium by implementing the steps furnished below.
- Initially, go to the official site of the State Bank of India.
- Then, visit the SBI collect page and pay the application fee.
- After that, understand all the terms and condition written over there.
- Now choose the “PMRF Application Fee 2022 Payment Category” option.
- Complete the important instalment.
- Next to compelling the instalment, candidates are needed to download the PDF of the e-receipt beside the reference number of SBI collect.
List of PMRF Granting Institutions
Candidates who are willing to avail the advantages of PMRF have to take admission into only the universities mentioned below.
- University of Hyderabad
- Jamia Millia Islamia
- All IISERs
- National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli
- Jawaharlal Nehru University
- Every IITs
- IISc, Bengaluru
- Aligarh Muslim University
- University of Delhi
- Banaras Hindu University
PMRF Disciplines of Board
In this portion of the article, we have shared information regarding the respective discipline offered by PMRF. Read the list of disciplines given in the subsequent portion.
- Aerospace engineering
- Textile engineering
- Mineral, Mining, Kol & Energy Sector
- Computer Science
- Engg. Design
- Food Engineering and Agriculture
- Biological Sci.
- Interdisciplinary Courses in Science & Engg.
- Naval Architecture & Ocean engineering
- Mechanical engineering
- Biomedical Engg.
- Metallurgical Engg. and Material Science
- Electrical Engg.
- Civil Engg.
- Engineering in Chemical
Some Important PMRF Instructions
- Each year deliverables will be given to all those applicants who are eligible and enrolled under PMRF scheme.
- The guide or the department that applicants join is responsible to prescribe the deliverables.
- The PMRF will be in continuation only when authorities find the performance of candidates satisfying, and to check it, officials will take the yearly review.
- All those applicants who have enrolled for PMRF are required to teach one time a week to their closest ITI, polytechnic, or any engineering institute.
- The fellowship will be suspended or taken to the university or institution if the candidate is not able to achieve the deliverables.
We hope that information shared in this post has given enough knowledge about Prime Minister’s Research Fellowship. In case you have some doubts or questions regarding this subject, then we suggest you ask your query in the comment area or inform your problem to this email – [email protected]. Higher authorities will definitely resolve your questions as soon as possible.
Some Important Links
PMRF Concerning FAQ’s
Now entry of applicants will be based on two channels that are Direct Entry Channel and Lateral Entry Channel.
Probably no separate dates will announce by officials, however before submitting the application form must check the deadline date first.
Make sure that you are pursuing the PhD course from one of those universities that offer PMRF along with the institution that nominates you for PMRF.
No, the PMRF does not offer any reservation quota for any type of reserved category aspirant.
An applicant can only apply twice for Prime Minister’s Research Fellowship program.
After officials of PMRF obtain your nomination, then you have to upload all the required documents prescribed by authorities.