mission shakti shg group odisha | mission shakti registration application form | mahila mission shakti Contact number | UPSC PDF
The empowerment of women signals the rapid development of society. The Indian States are not only willing to work towards a better economy but also strive for balanced social equations. With the same spirit, the Odisha Government started Mission Shakti Scheme with a focused objective of uplifting women in the state. This is a self-help mission where women are encouraged to take up socio-economic activities through the help of Women Self Help Groups or WSHGs. To apply for this mission and know all the relevant information, such as eligibility, benefits, application procedure, and more.
Odisha Mission Shakti Scheme 2022
Intending to provide financial help to women through membership in WSHGs, the Odisha government launched Mission Shakti on 8 March 2001. Women who are members of self-help groups will get the full assistance of the State government to conduct lucrative works. Economic development is directly proportional to social development. The more a woman earns, the more independent she gets and the better position she holds in society. Odisha Mission Shakti Scheme ensures the same. Women Self Help Groups will be eligible for financial help and hence, can smoothly carry out their respective businesses.
On the occasion of International Women’s Day, Odisha pledged several socio-economic activities under Mission Shakti. Since then, 6 lakh groups comprising of nearly 70 lakh women have grown. This growth has led to the rapid advancement of women in the state. The authorities have established a special Directorate of Mission Shakti to handle and monitor this project. They not only promote self-help groups but also provide financial and occupational guidance. This initiative of the Odisha government aims at connecting most women to self-help groups and realizing their individuality.
Highlights of Odisha Mission Shakti Yojana 2022
|Name of the project||Mission Shakti|
|Department||Department of Mission Shakti and Department of Women & Child Development|
|Chief Minister||Shri Naveen Patnaik|
|Mission Minister||Smt. Tukuni Sahu|
|Commissioner/Secretary||Smt. Sujata R Karthikeyan, IAS|
|Launched On||8 March 2001|
|Aim||To empower by promotion of Self-Help Groups|
|Self Help Groups Count||6 lakh|
|Women Covered||70 lakh|
|Block Level Federations involved||338|
|Digital Empowerment Assistance||Rs. 180 crore|
|Interest Subvention||Rs. 280 crore|
|Revolving Funds for BLFs||Rs. 169 crore|
|Helpdesk||0674 – 2974093|
The central objective of the Odisha Government through Mission Shakti is the promotion of women’s self-help groups across the state. These groups will not only voice the underrated talents of women but also turn them into brilliant career options. The regulation of the market will increase with the participation of such local groups. This mission will hit two targets with one aim. Firstly, the social strength of women. Secondly, the economic direction of the markets. This mission is the leading movement for women’s empowerment in the state.
Features and Benefits of Odisha Mission Shakti
The prime features and benefits of this project are here as follows:
- Mahila mission shakti promotes the independence of women and importance of freedom.
- The Mission is governed by the Department of Women & Child Development and a specific Directorate of Mission Shakti has been established to monitor the entire functioning of events.
- Promoting the self-help groups to increase social linkage of women.
- Ensure better livelihood by increasing scope of umployment of women.
- A seperate office and web portal has been created for this mission for better handling and focus on this project.
- Get market exposure to the Self-Help Groups products created under this mission.
- Linking women to financial institutions for better conduction of their business.
- Creating awareness amoung women regarding these groups and local occupations and channelising their voices.
- Monetising the talents of women and creating a better market for products that are “Made In India”.
- Online availabilty of full information which saves times and resources of not only the state government but also the public.
- Various government policies launched ever since this initiative are in full consideration of women under this mission.
- The discriminative issues against women are positively handled by women which not only results in political empowerment but also increased opportunities to gain social equality.
- The digitalization of financial records and automatic formation of the reports of performances result in better management.
- Mission Shakti app will provide much better deliverance of services.
Recommended: Odisha Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana Apply Online
The following flowcharts represent the organizational structure of the project at various levels:
State-Directorate of Mission Shakti
The community totally comprises women at various levels. Initially, women combine to form local Self-Help Groups at a basic level depending on their preferences, locations, and occupations. Many of these groups finally combine Gram Panchayat Level Federations at a particular Gram Panchayat Level District. These GPLFs further are categorized under Block Level Federations which combine with producer clusters to get managed by District Level Federations.
Mission Shakti Programme
The entire Programme of Mission Shakti is handled by the Department of Mission Shakti. The Programme is carefully managed in the following levels:
The key feature of this programme is the creation of Women Self-Help Groups and further creating the higher-level federations or groups. The main aim is to strive for gender equality and create a confident and healthy work environment for women to breathe in. The creation, strengthening and up-gradation of “institutional software” is the area of focus.
Continuous training and exposure are crucial to building an efficient team. This method is also followed under the mission of shakti. The “capacity building” method has been adopted for the better functioning of the mission. Self-reliance is promulgated through this process by allowing proper awareness of occupation.
Financial support to Women in Self-Help Groups is the main purpose of the Shakti Mission. Linkage to Monetising Institutions of Self-Help groups enables the independent functioning of the groups according to demands. For hassle-free banking services, the key objective of this part of the mission is SHG-Bank Linkage. The Women Self Help Groups need not depend upon the external factors to get financial help. They can directly contact the banks and avail the services without any interference. The following are the methods that the Government of Odisha uses for inclusion of finances into Self-Help Group functionings:
The SHGs get Rs 15,000 and might not need to take help from any external money lending body at high rates. This money will help the groups figure out the investment and other sorts of expenses required for their group. Groups who have not received any financial help from other SHG schemes or government schemes are only eligible for seed money.
Revolving Funds is the bigger picture. BLFs get Rs. 25 lakhs which they can lend accordingly to the Self Help Groups depending upon the plan and requirement of the group. The money is given in two phases. The constant recovery of the funds ensures the sustainability of the federations and effective utilisation as well.
Financial Literacy and Credit Counselling (FLCC)
This part of the financial inclusion programme is carried out at the basic levels such as villages where awareness is spread regarding the other government finance schemes for Mission Shakti. The women not only need to work hard for self-dependence but also need to be completely informed regarding the latest notifications of the government.
Mission Shakti Loan : State Interest Subvention
State Interest Subvention Scheme was launched in 2013 where loans of Rs. 3 lakhs were provided to the Self-Help Groups at a very minimal rate of 2% per annum. This scheme was made much better in 2015 when the interest rate was reduced to 1% per year. In 2019 following the aim to provide much better assistance to the Women, the interest rate was changed to 0% given that the loan was repaid in the applicable time. Both Urban or Rural groups are eligible to apply for a loan of Rs. 3 lakhs under this scheme. Banks that operate on Core Banking Solutions(CBS) can participate in the scheme and provide loans. This scheme will not only ensure better capital for the groups but also reduce the interest burdens. Productivity is enhanced and the financial vulnerability of women is removed by offering such affordable loans.
Livelihoods, Skill Development & Market Linkages
For livelihood and promotion of better local handmade products, various income-generating activities are promulgated. These activities include agriculture and vegetable cultivation, organic farming and craftwork like bamboo crafting, candle making, incense stick making and more. Horticulture, Handloom, Floriculture, Goatery, Piggery, Fly-Ash-Brick Business, Mushroom Farming, Mid-Day Meal Preparation in Schools, PDS Dealership, Tailoring, Retail Shop, Thread work, and more are a part of this program. More livelihoods of this sort are also included. With this, the women groups can independently run their businesses. This not only develops a scope of inculcation of a new skill but also the creation of market linkages to furnish the sale of their products.
The Mission Shakti has collaborated with two other projects:
- ORMAS: The collaboration project of ORMAS and Mission Shakti goes by the name of “Convergence of ORMAS and Mission Shakti for promotion of livelihood and marketing of rural products”. As the title suggests, this program ensures betterment of lives by promoting the livelihood activities. This combined initiative further ensures marketing of the products which the rural Self-Help Groups make.
- RSETI: Rural Development and Self Employment Training Institute (RSETI) along with the core of Mission Shakti plans of training women regarding the entrepreneurship development. Skil development training is provided to women and the expertise of the RSETI is tried to absorb through this collab.
Mission Shakti Eligibility Critera and Documents
The following eligibility criteria need to be observed and these documents are required to apply under Mission Shakti:
Eligibility Criteria: Women of Odisha can apply for this mission if they are a part of Self-Help Groups. They should have an email ID and a mobile number to be able to create an account on the Mission Shakti app.
Documents: They need to furnish the following documents in order to apply for the mission:
- Passport Sized Photograph
- Digital or Scanned Signature
- Aadhar Card
- Residence Certificate
- Birth Certificate
Application Procedure of Odisha Mission Shakti
The offline mode application procedure is followed for registration at Mission Shakti. The applicant needs to visit the nearest bank and collect the form for the mission application from the bank. After completely filling out the form and attesting the required documents, the applicant needs to submit the form to the bank.
To download the mobile application, search for Mission Shakti in the google play store app or follow the link by clicking here and after that, click on “Install”. The app is currently only available for android users and not ios users.
Mission shakti Contact number
The following contact information has been provided by the Department of Mission Shakti for the Helpdesk:
- Address: Mission Shakti Bhawan, Gandamunda, Po-Baramunda, Bhubaneswar, Odisha, Pin-751030.
- Telephone Number: 0674 – 2974093
- Email Id: [email protected], [email protected]