Swayam stands for Study Webs of Active-Learning for Young Aspiring Minds. An online portal, that provides free online programs and courses to interested applicants. Furthermore, the Swayam website is responsible for proffering the most suitable teaching-learning involvement. By presenting the best education, higher authorities want to attract young talent. Swayam portal has developed to fulfil three fundamental principles of the education approach i.e. quality, access and equity. This program will viaduct the gap of student’s education who are not in touch with the digital revolution.
With the help of this article, we have provided the complete information and procedure regarding the Swayam website, such as the registration process, courses offered by the portal, etc. After exploring this post, if anyone has questions or doubt concerning to the subject then must share them in the comment area.
The launch of the Swayam online portal is done by the Government of India. Swayam national organizer NPTEL (National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning) & MHRD offers 2000+ online courses. Residents of India can enrol themselves for any of the courses of their interest. All these programs are free of cost, and the option of certification will also be furnished.
To endow better opportunities to the young talent present all over India. Courses that are offered by the NPTEL Swayam site falls under popular platforms like Engineering Thermodynamics, Data Structures and Algorithms, Programming, Constitutional Studies, Fundamentals of Health Research and more. By enrolling for NPTEL courses, students can do certification in any relevant courses from any place. The content and video of the courses are prepared by the best of best teachers in the country.
Motive of NPTEL Swayam Website
- The very first and key objective of introducing NPTEL Swayam is to produce proper course content and videos for all the available courses.
- The portal will fulfil all the requirements of applicants pursuing different programs from various institutions and universities.
- It will be the one and only online website offering and hosting many programs.
- The Swayam portal will also recommend the appropriate college on the basis of the choice credit policy.
- After completing the course, authorities will organize the online test and issues certificate in the name of aspirants.
Swayam Fee for Registration and Course
Well, there is no registration fee or course fee, which applicants have to pay. Every course provided by the NPTEL Swayam portal is free. Once the candidate completes the course, then he/ she can apply for the certificate. In order to achieve certification of the course, aspirants have to pay the appropriate amount of fee. Higher authorities will provide certificates to those applicants who have completed their course from the NPTEL Swayam portal.
Swayam Coordinates Details
Having smoothness in the education field is necessary and for that authorities have chosen the list of coordinates which is as follows.
- National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning (NPTEL) for Engg.
- University Grants Commission (UGC) for Non-Technical PG programs
- Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) for Out of school Applicants
- National Institute of Technical Teachers Training and Research (NITTTR) for Training of Teacher Program
- All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) for self-paced and international courses
- Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore (IIMB) for management studies
- Consortium for Educational Communication (CEC) for Under Graduation Courses
- National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) for Education in Schools
- National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) for Education in Schools
Important Details of Swayam Online Website
|Name of the Portal||Swayam (Study Webs of Active-Learning for Young Aspiring Minds)|
|Category of Post||Central Govt Scheme|
|Portal Implemented by||Government of India|
|Concerning Officials||MHRD and NPTEL|
|Aim of Swayam Online Site||Provide Digital Courses to Every Needy Student of Country|
|Course Furnished by Swayam NPTEL||Certificate Programs, Graduate and Postgraduation Course, Diploma Programs|
|NPTEL Courses||2000+ Programs|
|Language of Courses||Both English & Hindi|
|Procedure of Registration||Online Registration|
|Swayam Official Portal||https://swayam.gov.in/|
Advantages of Swayam Portal
There are several benefits of using the NPTEL Swayam portal, and some of them are described in the following section of this passage.
- For ensuring the progress of aspirants, weekly assignments are given by the website.
- The best trainers and teacher will be assigned to empower skills and knowledge about the course.
- To increase the effectiveness of Massive Online Open Courses, active local chapters are introduced.
- Learning through the Swayam portal is a systematic procedure and free of cost for any program.
Eligibility Norms for Swayam Registration
All those aspirants who wish to do Swayam registration must know that there are no eligibility standards prescribed by higher authorities. As the portal primary motive is to enhance the education level and skill development of civilians living in the country.
Candidates belonging to any qualification, caste, religion, age or from any region of India can do Swayam registration and avail of its features. Therefore, applying for a certificate is totally based upon the aspirants.
Schedule for NPTEL Courses Registration
|Description of Events||Date of Occurrence|
|Starting Date of Online Registration||TBA|
|Last Date Form Submission||TBA|
|Release of Admit Card||Notify Soon|
|Date of examination||Notify Soon|
|Date of Result Announcement||Notify Soon|
Technical Needs for NPTEL Swayam Programs
As we stated above that there no eligibility standards, but there are few requirements that must be fulfilled in order to avail of the benefits of the Swayam portal. Read out the up next portion of this post showing the basic technical needs.
- Make Sure that you have turned on your internet connection
- The system includes one of these (A desktop or laptop, and the flash player must present in it).
- The operating system on which Swayam App or portal can run are – Windows, Mac iOS, Linux, Android (Open the Port 80 o Port 1935 RTMP).
- Browsers on which you can watch online videos and lectures (Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera, Internet Explorer, and so on).
Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana 2023
Registration process of NPTEL Swayam
For registration via Swayam for different programs students are requested to go through the important steps explained below. By executing the procedure, aspirants can easily get themselves registered.
- In the initial step, students must visit the official website of Swayam on any suitable and safe web browser.
- Wait for the home page to open on your screen.
- Then, hit the “Sign In/ Register” button given on the top right of the homepage.
- Click the “Sign Up Now” link if you don’t have an account.
- The registration form will be displayed.
- Enter all the required information on the form.
- Tap the button “Send Verification Code” and enter the OTP when you receive it.
- Hit the “Create” button, and your account will be created.
- Next, log in with information to take more benefits of the portal.
Swayam Exam Certification and Evaluation
The host universities or coordinates or invigilators will evaluate the performance of students on the basis of examinations, practical, credit-scored by aspirants during the programs. After completing the exam, officials will evaluate the marks, and grades will be awarded to applicants. The result will be announced after four weeks of examination completion. Aspirants can download the result from the official website of Swayam.
How to Check List of Swayam All Courses
- In the beginning, aspirants are required to go to the official portal i.e. https://swayam.gov.in/.
- Select the “All Courses” option from the landing page.
- List wise courses will flash on your screen.
- Choose your respective course and enroll for that program.
The India Toy Fair 2023 Registration
Swayam Mobile Application
All those students who are not comfortable with the online portal can also go for the Swayam mobile application. The app will make things easier to access and is more reliable. Downloading procedure of the mobile application is given below.
- First of all, candidates have to open the “Play Store” application on their mobile.
- If you have iOS, then go to “Apple Store”.
- Now, search for the link of the “Swayam” mobile application.
- Open the Swayam app link and hit the “Install” button.
- Wait for few seconds till the app will be downloaded on your phone.
- Next, install the application and get yourself registered.
NPTEL Swayam Helpline Information
In case of any help regarding the Swayam portal, aspirants can ask their queries directly to the officials. Contact details are below in this article. Also, share your feedback by commenting in the comment box.
- Phone Number: 18001219025
- Email id- [email protected]
Swayam Essential Links
FAQ’s Related to Swayam Registration
Yes, aspirants who want to log in with google or Facebook will not need to make a new account. They can log in with one of these accounts.
Interested aspirants can enrol themselves for multiple courses.
You can submit the assignment via online mode i.e. from Swayam official portal or the Swayam app.
It is great news that there is no type of eligibility standards. Anyone can apply for any program by registering on this website.