The ration card is the most popular document in India that is also used as an identity and address proof. With the help of a ration card, households of India can purchase food grains in a subsidized ration from PDS (Public Distribution Store).
The state government is responsible for issuing ration card, likewise, the Meghalaya state govt also provide ration card facility to their citizen. Ratio card also confers the economic status of an individual residing in the state. It is not necessary that every resident must have a ration card because it is a kind of voluntary document.
For more interesting information like this, applicants are requested to examine this post till the end. Here we have explained details of the Meghalaya ration card, such as a procedure to download the Meghalaya ration card list, eligibility criteria, benefits of the Meghalaya ration card, etc.
Table of Contents
What is Meghalaya Ration Card?
Meghalaya ration card plays a crucial role in the life of those people who don’t have enough money to buy food grains at market price. Due to their financial problems, they won’t be able to eat good quality food. The government of Meghalaya analyzed this issue of their state and made a decision of providing food like wheat, rice, sugar, etc at subsidized rates.
This initiative of the Meghalaya government has given huge relief to the impoverished people of the state. The ration card for Meghalaya state is of four types such as APL, BPL, Annapurna ration card and Antyodaya ration card. Meghalaya ration card is usually based on the civilian yearly income, several family members, the category of candidates, and so on. Aspirants who have a good annual income can’t apply for a Meghalaya ration card.
Meghalaya Ration Cad List 2023
Ration card for Meghalaya civilians is proffered by Food Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs Department. The list of Meghalaya ration cards comprises of names of those citizens who are eligible to grab food grains at lower rates. After applying for the ration card, now residents of Meghalaya are waiting for the list to release. After officials prepare the ration card, then it is uploaded on the official website of FCS. Generally, candidates whose names will not be present on the ration card list are non-eligible aspirants.
Aim of Meghalaya Ration Card
The objective of issuing ration in Meghalaya state is to prevent poor people from starvation. Consuming food is not only necessary but eating good quality food grains is the most important thing for health. Meghalaya government understands this factor and come up with the ration card scheme. By this, needy candidates will get monthly food at cheaper rates.
Perks of Meghalaya Ration Card
Having a Meghalaya ration card gives several benefits to all the cardholders of the state. Some of the essential advantages we have elaborated on in this portion of the article.
- Meghalaya residents will get food supplies at a lesser rate as compared to market price.
- From now onwards, applicants of Meghalaya who have submitted the form can view their name on the ration card list online by sitting at their home only.
- Meghalaya ration card will help candidates to avail different government plans and services of Meghalaya.
- Applicants can also use the Meghalaya ration card as ID proof.
- Meghalaya students can apply for various govt scholarship by using the state ration card.
- Candidates can track their application and check other information from the official portal, no need to visit govt offices for it.
An Abstract of Meghalaya Ration Card List 2023
|Name of the Scheme||Meghalaya Ration Card List|
|Ration Card Issued by||Meghalaya State Government|
|Department Name||Food Civil Supplies and Consumers Affairs Department|
|Recipients||People Residing in Meghalaya|
|Objective of Scheme||To Provide Food at Low Prices|
|Mode of Applying for Ration Card||Online and Offline Mode|
|Applying Status for Ration Card||Currently Active|
|Advantages of Ration Card||View the Meghalaya ration card list online through the official site.|
|Category of Post||Meghalaya Govt Schemes|
|Official Portal Link||megfcsca.gov.in|
Eligibility Criteria for Meghalaya Ration Card
Before applying for a ration card in Meghalaya, we recommend candidates cross-check all the eligibility standards explained below. If you do satisfy all the criteria, then only apply for a Meghalaya ration card.
- The age of citizens who wants to submit the application form ration card must be 18 years.
- Candidates willing to apply, make sure that they should not hold any other state ration card.
- Applicants who are married are only eligible aspirants applying for a Meghalaya ration card.
Testimonials required for Meghalaya Ration Card
Here we have provided a list of documents needed at the time of applying. Aspirants take a review of up next to this segment for more clarity.
- Aadhaar Card of Applicant
- Income Certificate of Candidate
- Any Identity Proof
- Age Proof Certificate
- Passport Size Photo of Aspirant
- Address Proof
- Valid Mobile Number
- Other Important Details
How to Search Details on Meghalaya Ration Card List 2023?
By implementing the steps illustrated below, candidates can check the information of ration cards and recipients.
- The very first step is to visit the official portal of the Meghalaya food civil supplies and consumer affairs department.
- In a moment homepage of the website will flash on your screen.
- Now, scroll down the home screen a little bit in order to find the link of “Details of Ration Card and Beneficiaries”.
- Hit the link.
- On a new page, Meghalaya ration card list will open, and choose your respective district from the list.
- Next, candidates have to select their DFSO and village.
- Choose FPS ID from the village list displayed on your screen.
- Within a second list of recipients will open on your device.
- Check your details of yours from the given Meghalaya ration cardholders list.
Important Steps to View List of Wholesalers
Searching for steps to check wholesalers in your village? If yes, then we suggest you take a look at this section and get the easy procedure.
- In the beginning, candidates have to open the Meghalaya FCSCA official website.
- Then, search the link named “List of Wholesalers” on the home screen of the portal.
- In a new tab, you have to insert information like state, district, DFSO, and Wholesaler Type.
- Now, click on the “View Report” tab given at the right corner of the page.
- A list of wholesalers will be presented on your screen.
Process to View Fair Price Shops List
- Initially, aspirants have to go to the official web portal on any suitable web browser.
- The next step is to click the link “List of Fair Price Shops” given under the “Online Services” section.
- On the new tab, furnish details i.e. your state, district and block/ tehsil.
- Tap the “View Report” button from the right side of the page.
- Tehsil-wise FPS for your state will open on the same page.
- The list comprises info like District Name, FPS Name, License Number, Address, Phone No., Liked Depot, etc.
Method of Checking FPS Info with RC Count
Applicants who want to view fair price shops with ration card count are requested to follow the complete process elaborated below.
- Applicants have to open the official website of Meghalaya FCS.
- Wait for the homepage to load on your screen.
- Then, go to the “Online Services” section present in the middle of the homepage.
- Select the link “FPS Details with RC Count“.
- Now, enter the captcha given on the screen in a fresh tab displayed.
- Insert details like Month, Year, State, District, DFSO and Report Name on the “Reports” page.
- Hit the “View Report” option.
- A table will open on the same page showing some relevant information.
Process to Check District-wise RC Count
- For viewing District-wise RC count, candidates are required to visit the official website i.e. megfcsca.gov.in.
- You will see the “Online Services” section given on the homepage.
- Under that section, click the “District-wise RC Count” link.
- A new page will open where you have to enter the given captcha.
- Enter all the information asked on the screen.
- Hit the tab named “View Report”.
- In the next moment, Meghalaya district-wise RC count details will be presented on your screen.
Steps of Checking FPS-wise Allocation
- Residents of Meghalaya are recommended to open the official website link.
- On the home screen, they have to search for the “FPS-wise Allocation” link.
- After you find the link, click it.
- Now, give all the valid information such as a month, year, state, district, DFSO, and so on.
- Detail of FPS-wise allocation will be present on the same page.
Procedure to Lodge Grievance via @megfcsca.gov.in
- At first, interested applicants have to visit the official website that is megafcsca.gov.in.
- Then, come to the “Online Services” portion and choose the “Lodge Your Grievance option”.
- After that, you will be redirected to the “megpgrams.gov.in” option.
- Now, choose the “Lodge Grievance” option.
- The grievance redress form will open on a new page.
- Provide your basic information, address, complaint information and upload relevant document.
- Lastly, insert the code sent on your phone and captcha given on screen and hit the “Final Submit” option.
- You complaint will be registered and you will get registration number on your phone number.
How to View Action Status of Grievance?
- To check the action status of the complaint, candidates are required to open official portal.
- After the site loads completely on your screen, search the link of “Lodge Your Grievance” under the “Online Services” segment.
- Now, hit the “View Action Status” option from the next tab.
- A status query form will be displayed on your screen.
- Type your registration number, password and code that is given on the screen.
- Grievance action status will flash on the same page.
How to Submit Application Form for New Meghalaya Ration Card?
If you haven’t applied for the Meghalaya ration card yet, then check out the entire process of it illustrated as follows. There are two modes of applying for ration cards i.e. online and offline. We have given both so candidates can submit the form accordingly.
Step I- Candidates are needed to go to the official webpage of Food Civil Supplies and Consumers Affairs Dept.
Step II- The homepage of the site will open on your screen.
Step III- On the left side of the home screen, you have to choose the “National Food Security Act” option.
Step IV- A drop down box will appear from which applicants have to hit the “Apply for New Ration Card” link.
Step VI- Download the form after opening it.
Step VII- Take a printout of the downloaded form and fill in all the details in it.
Step VIII- Attach all the documents required along with the application form and submit it to your closest ration card centre.
Step I- Candidates who wish to submit the form through offline mode have to get the ration card application form from district supply officers.
Step II- In the mentioned format, applicants have to insert all the information in it.
Step III- Next, take out a printout of all required documents and pin them with the application form.
Step IV- After that, submit the complete form to the district supply officer.
Step V- Officials will verify all the details mentioned on it, and in 15 days ration card will be issued by concerning authorities.
Download Kerosene Sale License Form/ FPS Dealership Certificate/ Food Grain License
- In starting, aspirants have to open the link of the official website in any safe web browser.
- Find the link of “Forms” from the left side of the home screen.
- Download form page will be open next.
- Then, choose the form (Sale of kerosene license/ FPS dealership certificate from village durbar/ Food grain license) for which you want to apply.
- Form will open in a form of pdf in a fresh tab.
- Download the form on your device and get a hard copy of it.
Some Other @megfcsca.gov.in Online Services
In the upcoming sections of this article, we have discussed other online services provided by @megfcsca.gov.in.
- Check Latest Notification
- Citizens are required to visit the official website.
- If you want to know about the latest notice of the FCS department then find the link labelled “Notification”.
- Notification page will open on your screen.
- View the latest notice and et all the information online.
- View Act/ Orders
- If candidates are not aware of act and orders then initially, they have to go to official portal of FCS dept.
- Next, choose “Acts/ Order” link given on the middle left side of homepage.
- In a moment, acts or orders details will flash on your display.
- Select the link you want to read and download it in a pdf format for further usage.
- Print Report
- To print report, civilians are needed to visit Food Civil Supplies and Consumers Affairs Department portal.
- Homepage will open in which applicants have to click the “Reports” link.
- Report page will be displayed on your device.
- Choose the report you want to print and open it.
- View the details given on the report and download it.
- Download Annual Report
- In order to download the annual report, candidates have to open the link of the official site.
- Then, find the link of “Annual Report” on the homepage.
- Hi the link once you find it.
- The annual report will be presented in the form of a pdf on your screen.
- Download the annual report for further reference.
- Get Citizen Charter
- Go to the web portal of FCS Department of Meghalaya.
- Homepage will load on your tab.
- After that, get the link named “Citizens Charter” on the same page.
- Pdf of the citizen charter will visible on the new page.
- Go through with the details printed on the citizen charter and you can also get a hard copy of it.
We hope that the information illustrated in this article has information for you. In case candidates want to comprehend more data concerning the Meghalaya ration card list, then contact these numbers – 1967 or 18003453670.
Some Essential Links
|License for sale of kerosene||Click here|
|Food Civil Supplies & Consumer Affairs Dept.||Click Here|
|Fair price shop dealership certificate from village durbar||Click here|
|Application for the license of food grains||Click here|
|Grievance Portal||Click Here|
|Claims and objection form for rural||Click here|
|Claims and objection form for urban||Click here|
Meghalaya Ration Card List Related FAQ’s
In Meghalaya, there is a total of 280 wholesalers and 4474 fair price shops present.
The primary goal of providing ration cards in the state is to issue basic livelihood to the lower category people residing in Meghalaya.
Aspirants who are thinking to submit an application for a Meghalaya ration card needed documents like an address proof certificate, income certificate, aadhaar card, active mobile number, income certificate, passport size photograph of the applicant, etc.
The minimum age of aspirants must be 18 years in order to apply for a ration card.
Yes, the ration card list for Meghalaya is present on the official website of the FCS department. The link to the official portal is given above in this post.
Yes, above in this article we have given the procedure for lodging complaints online. But applicants can also file their complaints by dialling this toll-free number 1967.