Scholarships are an important part of the education system anywhere in the world. Many students can complete their formal education with the help of scholarships. Various state and Central Government schemes are launched every year that offer the scholarship to the students. We are about to discuss one such scholarship by the government of Kerala. The state government is offering a scholarship to the children of disabled parents.
Therefore, in this article, readers will get all the information on the Kerala Vidyakiranam Scheme. The readers of the post can check the scheme related objectives, types. Readers can also check eligibility, documents required and benefits of the scheme. Interested students can also check the application process of the scheme and status online.
Table of Contents
Kerala Vidyakiranam Scheme- Quick Overview
|Article Category||Kerala Govt. Schemes|
|Name of the Scheme||Kerala Vidyakiranam Scheme|
|Level||State Level Scheme|
|Department||Department of Social Justice|
|Launched by||Government of Kerala|
|Scheme Objective||Offer monetary help to the children of differently-abled parents.|
|Benefits||Scholarships up to Rs. 10,000/-|
|Beneficiaries||Students of the state|
|Helpline||Phone no. – +914712306040, +914712302887|
Email at- firstname.lastname@example.org
Kerala Vidyakiranam Scheme 2023
Kerala Vidyakiranam Scheme is a novel initiative by the state government of Kerala. This scheme is novel as it addresses the students who are a ward of any disabled parents. With the scholarship, the government is willing to provide financial aid for studies to the economically weaker students of the state.
Through this scholarship scheme, the state government aims to offer scholarships to about 25 such students. The scholarship will be offered for a period of 10 months. Also, these scholarships will be distributed based on the category to which the student belongs.
Children with differently-abled parents must have at least one of the parents with the disability to avail of the benefits of the scheme. We will discuss the selection criteria of this scholarship in the sections below.
Objectives of the scheme
- Grant financial aid to the children of differently-abled parents.
- To enable students in finishing their education without any financial hardship upon the parents.
- Students from all the categories are included as a part of the scheme so the best students can avail the scholarship benefits.
Types of Scholarship Schemes under Kerala Vidyakiranam
The scheme of Vidyakiranam offers scholarships at different levels. Thus, providing financial aids to the students through various scholarship. Scholarship schemes are for:
- Class 1st to 5th
- Class 6th to 10th
- Scholarship for Class 11th, 12th, ITI or Equivalent courses
- Polytechnic or Equivalent course, Training Courses, Professional Courses, Degree, Post Graduation level Scholarships.
There are various criteria based on which the state or any central government offers scholarship to the students.
|Residential Status||The student applying for the scholarship must be a permanent resident of the state of Kerala.|
|Disability Criteria||The parents of the applicant should be 40% or above disabled.|
|Economical/ Financial Status||An applicant for the scheme must belong to the Below Poverty Line (BPL) Status.|
|Others||A beneficiary student must be a ward of the differentially abled parents.|
- BPL Ration Card Copy
- Certificate of Income
- Medical Board Certificate displaying percentage disability of the parents.
- Disability ID Card (Attested Copy)
- Details of School Registration of the students
- Details of the bank account
Benefits of Kerala Vidyakiranam Scheme
The scheme offers a varying degree of monetary benefits for all levels of formal education. We are listing all these benefits below.
|Scholarship Types||Scholarship Amount|
|Scholarship for Class 1st to 5th||Rs. 300/-|
|Class 6th to 10th Scholarship||Rs. 500/-|
|Scholarship for 11th/ 12th standard, ITI or Equivalent courses||Rs. 750/-|
|Polytechnic or Equivalent course, Training Courses, Professional Courses, Degree, Post Graduation level Scholarships.||Rs. 1,000/-|
Any student who is already availing of the benefits of any other government educational scheme will not be considered a beneficiary under the scheme.
Kerala Vidyakiranam Scheme- Application Form PDF
The application process for the scheme is Offline. Therefore, all the students who are eligible for the scheme can download the application form to apply for the scheme. To get the application form students can follow the steps enlisted below.
- As the Department of Social Justice is the authority responsible for scholarship disbursement, students will have to visit the official website of the Social Justice Department, Kerala.
- On the homepage of the department portal, students will have to click on the options of ‘Schemes‘.
- A new page will open up where all the scholarship schemes by the states will be listed. Click on the option of Vidyakiranam scheme-Educational assistance to children of disabled parents.
- Clicking on the link a new page will open up with all the details of the scheme. Click on the option of ‘Application Forms‘ available on the page and proceed.
All the applicants will have to fill up this application form, attach all the required documents and submit it to the head of your institution.
The head of the institution will transfer the application to the Social Justice Officer, who will transfer the benefit amount to the beneficiary’s account after proper verification of the documents.
Direct link to download the application form, Click here– Kerala Vidyakiranam Application Form
Check Kerala Vidyakiranam Scheme Online Status
To check the status of the application made by the students, go to the official website of the Department of Social Justice. Under the option of Schemes, students can click on the option of ‘Beneficiary List‘. A list will open up naming all the beneficiaries of the state.
Frequently Asked Questions
The amount of the scholarship will be provided through the Direct Bank Transfer (DBT) to the beneficiary account.
Yes. Any student pursuing education from the government-aided institutions/ Schools can also be a beneficiary under the scheme.
There is no age limit prescribed by the authority to apply for the scheme.