Income certificate Kerala application form: An Income Certificate is an essential document that proves the income of the holder. The government of India has introduced various schemes that particularly require attesting of income certificates. An eligible person must possess this document because apart from availing schemes, it is much required for various formalities. In Kerala, the application procedure for this document is now easier since citizens can also apply for it online. To know about the need, benefits, application, documents, and more on Income Certificate, scroll to read the article.
Table of Contents
Income Certificate Kerala
An Income Certificate is a crucial document that is required for various formal customs in India. Since state governments are closely moving ahead with the central government’s idea of paper-free governance and also updating various schemes, the issuance of income certificates in an online mode has become important. In Kerala, village or Taluk officer usually issues the certificate but from now, citizens can apply for it online. They can still visit Akshay Centers and submit offline applications, but online mode is a better and hassle-free option.
Highlights of Income Certificate in Kerala
|Name||Income Certificate Kerala|
|Aim||To provide online Income Certificates to improve efficiency and provide ease|
|Application Mode||Online/ Offline|
|Offline Center||Akshay Centers|
|Application Fee||Rs. 28 in Akshay Centers and Rs. 15 in online mode|
The income certificate is a necessary document and every citizen who is earning a living must possess it. Following are a few reasons why an Income Certificate is very important:
- It is a necessary document if one wishes to avail government schemes
- Income certificate is compulsory to gain pension benefits
- It helps in availing fee consessions in various educational institutions
- Income certificate helps in getting a tax relaxations during property purchase.
- To get loans from banks, applicant must have an Income Certificate
- To get medical benefits or free medical services
Income Certificate in Kerala Objective
The prime aim of introducing an online to apply for income certificate was the benefit of the citizens. The state is working in the direction of providing services to all the Keralites at their doorsteps to save them from visiting the offices. The Income Certificate in Kerala offline procedure is a complex application process that not only wastes time but also money. To save the resources, this step was important. The online procedure is not only time-conserving but also hassle-free since all the information will be available on the portal. The citizens will just need to check the information, apply online, upload the documents. They will even receive the consequent documents online. Moreover, the system will become efficient and transparent. This will benefit not only the citizens but also the government for it will ensure that the services are getting delivered.
The income certificate is mandatory proof of the yearly income of an individual or family. It will be signed by the approving authority to validate its authenticity and will be issued under the governance of the State or Union Territory. The validity of the certificate is for one year from the date of issue and contains the following information:
- Income Certificate Number
- Date of Issuance
- Annual Income
- Name, age and gender of the certificate holder
- Name of the father or mother
- Address and post office with pincode
- Name of the local body
- Village, Taluk and District
- Designation of the issuance officer
- Name of the office
- Pupose of issuing the certificate
Eligibilty Kerala e district Income certificate download
The subsequent eligibility criteria need to be taken into account while applying for an income certificate in Kerala:
- Must be a resident of Kerala
- Should be at least 18 years in age
- Must be employed in order to furnish a salary certificate
The documents that an applicant needs to attest while applying for an income certificate are given below:
- Passport Size Photo
- Aadhar Card
- Ration Card
- Proof of Income
- Salary Certificate
- Land Tax Document
- Basic Tax Payment Reciept
How is Income Calculated in Kerala Income certificate
For the issuance of an Income Tax Certificate, the computation of the income is very relevant. The document is the proof of annual earnings and hence, the calculation is done very carefully after considering the following factors:
- Salary of the applicant
- Income from the business
- Labour Income
- NRI income
- Rental Income
- Land Income
These are certain sources of income that are excluded from the consideration determinants:
- Income of a widowed blood relaltive
- Surrender leave saleries
- Pension issued to the family
- Terminal benefits
- Allowance for festivities
Income Certificate in Kerala Application Process
The applicants can apply for the Kerala income certificate, online and offline. They can either apply by visiting the Akshay Centers or apply online by directly registering on the portal. The application procedure through both means is given below.
The application procedure in Akshay Centres is carried out subsequently:
- The applicant will have to visit the nearest Akshay Center and request for online application of income certificate.
- The documents required to apply for the document needs to be submitted to the incharge of the Akshay Center.
- The Service person will certainly forward the application request to the Departmental Backend.
- The applicant will recieve an updation report along with the application number in form of a SMS text message on the mobile that will be entered in the application.
- The issuance of the certificate will be done after successfull progression and verification of the application.
- Once the certificate is issued, the applicant will receive an SMS.
- He/She will have to visit the center to supply the application and get the print of the certificate.
E-District Portal to apply for Kerala Income certificate
Applicants can directly apply online easily by visiting the portal. However, before filling the application form, they will have to register and log in on the portal. The application procedure is in three steps, Registration on the portal, log in, and Application form. The certificate will also be downloaded on the portal itself.
Registration on the portal
The first and foremost step is to register on the online portal. The users will not have to register again and again in order to work on the portal, they can simply log in the next time. The applicants will have to move in the following manner while registering themselves on the online portal:
- Visit the online web portal of edistrict.kerala.gov.in.
- In the “Portal User Login”, select “New Portal/User Creation”.
- A Registration form will open up.
- Fill the personal details which includes name, place, date of birth, aadhar number, etc.
- Create a login ID and password and set the recover y question and answers.
- Decode the Captcha and fill it in the box alongside.
- Agree to the declaration and then select “Validate”.
- Once the aadhar number is validated, you can click on “Register” and you will be successfully registered on the portal.
To log into the portal, follow the given steps:
- Visit the online web portal of edistrict.kerala.gov.in.
- In the “Portal User Login”, select “Portal User”.
- Enter the login credentials set at the time of registration.
- Fill in the code that are shown on the screen.
- Select the language in which you wish to see the next upcoming pages.
- Click on “Login”.
Forgot Login name
In case, a user forgets the login credentials, he/she can easily recover them on the portal. Just click on the “Forgot Login name” in the login box and you will get a “Find Your Portal Login Name” page. Enter the fill name, date of birth, and the radar number and you will get your login name.
Users can forget their passwords. Thus, at the time of sign-up, the users have to set a recovery question and the answer to it. They can recover the password by simply clicking on “Forgot Password” in the login box on the portal. Finally, they will get a form and will have to enter the username. The software will find the recovery question related to the application. Answer the question and you will get the password recovered.
Income Certificate in Kerala Online Apply
To apply for the kerala Income Certificate, follow the steps given below:
- After logging into the portal, click on One Time Reguistration.
- A registration form will appear on the screen.
- Fill in all the required details marked with “*” and click on “Duplicate”.
- The system will duplicate the form and you will have to click on “Submit”.
- In case, user wishes to make corrections, they can click on “Edit Registration” and then submit the form.
- Enter the E District Registration number.
- Select the certificate type as “Income Certificate”.
- Select the purpose and enter name and relation. If the applicant is applying on their oen, select “Self” in relation. Save the details.
- Next step is to upload the documents in the upload section. Upload all the necessary documents in a scanned format and submit.
- Select the method in which you wish to make the online transaction. Enter all the details and pay the application fees.
- After the payment is successful, the payment receipt will be genrated. You can finally print and download the payment slip.
The application that has to be paid while applying for an income certificate varies for online and offline modes. Some divisions influence the difference in the application fees. Citizens who are applying for the certificate in an online mode directly on the portal will have to pay Rs. 15 using e-transaction options. However, those who apply through Akshay centers, will have to Rs. 28 which includes Rs. 18 as a center fee, Rs. 7 are government t charges, and Rs 3 are the expenses of scanning and printing. Moreover, citizens belonging to ST/SC will just have to pay Rs. 12 while BPL candidates have to just pay Rs.20.
Kerala Track Income Certificate Application Status
To track the status of your application, open the portal and click on “Application Status”. Consequently, the track application status page will open up. Select the type of the services as “Certificate Services” and in the certificate type as “Income”. Enter the Application number and submit the request. The status of your application will be visible on the screen.
Income certificate Kerala download
The income certificate can also be downloaded on the portal.
- Firstly, visit the online web portal of edistrict.kerala.gov.in.
- Log into the portal usinmg the login credentials.
- Click on “Download Income Certificate”.
- The income certificate will be available in pdf format.
- Click on the “Download” option to easily download it and you can also print it later.
There is no specific helpdesk set to solve the problems one might face while requesting the income certificate. There is a common helpdesk that sorts all the problems one might face while using the e-District portal. Users can use mail support at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0471 2525444. In case they face technical issues, they can contact the System Administrator by sending a mail at email@example.com or Database Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org. They can also call the district administrator at 0471 2525444.
Any more doubts related to this article can also be mentioned in the comment box.