Digital India Portal has been launched by the government of India, to comprise all the services on a single portal. This project emphasizes and also coordinate with the Department of Electronics and Information Technology (DietY), the project is run with the coordination and support of the Central and the State government. Digital India provides a platform to the merchant in very low investment so that they can enter the field of E-commerce or digitalization.
In this article, you will get the whole information about the Digital India Portal, like its registration process, login process, advantages of the digital India portal, about the objective, mission, and vision of the government to launch digital portal India. For getting all these questions answers, you can scroll down in the article.
Table of Contents
About Digital India Portal/ डिजिटल इंडिया पोर्टल
Since 2017, the Digital India Portal has been owned by the E-government industries, for generating the network with the operators, merchants, vendors, and the consumers, etc., and making the benefit for all the people. It is a platform that provides all the services in one spot so that it will be easy for the customers and the vendors to enjoy the services without any confusion.
The portal provides the opportunity to the retail merchants, to make a network through this online portal is a very low investment, so that it will lead to the part of the development of the nation and the individual as well. Through this portal, the Govt. has created the Franchisee for the retailers, in which the merchant has to provide the receipt to the consumer, so all the business has to be done lawfully. This portal is mainly generated to increase the benefit by providing several services.
This digital portal also provides e-payment services to the consumers, through the Bhim app, or many other apps are available in the portal, which creates a world-wide network and make easy payment solution and create the steps to make India largest Digital platform.
E-Kranti : National E-Governance Plan 2.0
In 2006, the Govt. of India has launched an e-governance plan in which the government has covered 31 projects which including a record of the land, passport, commercial taxes, education, agriculture, etc., in which 24 plans were executed. Then the project, later on, called an e-Kranti which generates a slogan as, “Transforming e-Governance for Transforming Governance.
The e-Kranti works on the principles of Transformation and not Translation’, ‘Integrated Services and not Individual Services, ‘ICT Infrastructure on Demand’, Fast-Tracking Approvals’, ‘National GIS (Geo-Spatial Information System)’, ‘Language Localization’, Cloud by Default, ‘Security and Electronic Data Preservation’, ‘Government Process Reengineering (GPR) to be mandatory in every MMP’, ‘Mandating Standards and Protocols’, ‘Mobile First’.
Under the e-Kranti, many new MMPs have been included, which are as follows:- Inclusion of the Financial, eBhasha Urban Governance, Women and child development, which increased the range of the project that was about 31 to 44 MMPs.
Objective Of Digital India Portal
These are some of the main objectives, which has been seen by launching this portal, which is as follows:-
- Though this portal connects both the middle class and a minor class of the communities so that they can take advantage of the services.
- Providing a delivery service, so that the people can access the wide range of the services.
- To make the portal successful the govt. ensures that maximum people can take the benefits of it.
- It also provides an e-payment system, for the benefit of the people.
- And most of the electronic services have been given by the telecommunication operator.
- Through this portal you can also take the benefits of the insurance services, you can also pay your bills, many of the apps are also available there, services which are related to the PAN card and the Aadhaar card, etc.
- It also raises employment opportunities.
Mission of the Digital India Portal
The mission behind launching this Digital India Portal is to make the whole thing Digital, and provide world-class services and connect the people and raise employment, which leads to the sustainable development of the Nation. By making this portal, the people get the benefit of the home delivery, and also take the advantage of the various services, through this portal, as they can easily pay their bills, do their car insurance, can also apply for the passport, and other facilities are also available in this single portal.
Vision of the Digital India Portal
The vision is clear, by launching this portal, is to empower the growth rate of the youth, and create job opportunities for them, so that the nation can grow positively. The main agenda is to make India the world’s biggest “Fast Moving Consumer Services” and also plans to provide IT and travel services globally. There are three major visions of this digital India Portal is as follows:-
Through Digitalization, Empower the Citizens:- By increasing the digital literacy rate, by using the different Indian Languages, and empowering the various communities of India.
Digital Infrastructure:- Through the digital Infrastructure, the government provides the digital unique identification Id and also makes it easy to access it virtually, through Digi locker.
Ensure the services:- To provide the services as soon as possible, through the online portal, and also improve the digital transaction and make India Cashless.
[DIP] Digital India Portal Registration
To register with the Digital India Portal is very easy, for that, you have to follow the following steps:-
- The interested candidate must visit the official site of the Digital India Portal.
- Then the homepage of the DIP will display on your screen.
- Click on the ’franchise registration’’, which is mention in the box.
- After clicking on the ’franchise registration’’, a new page will open, in which some of the basic questions asked which is mandatory for the registration, If you click on Yes, then the registration form will be opened, if you click on No, a non-eligibility message will display on your screen.
- On that registration form., you have to fill in all the details on the given space, which are as follows:-
|Mention the Applicant Name
|Mention your Address with Pincode
|Name of the State and the country
|Name of the Retailed Shop
|Presently Bussiness details
|PAN Card No.
|Aadhaar Card No.
- Once you filled in all the details, you have to Tap on the Submit option.
- Then the new page will open, in which you have to upload all the mandatory documents, the details are as follows:-
- The scanned copy of the applicant’s Aadhaar card, and the PAN card.
- Upload the passport size photograph on the digital portal.
- The applicant must upload the digital signature himself.
- Candidates must keep that important point in their mind that, all the files should be uploaded in the form of JPG, and the size should be 300 KB.
- Then check all the details, and click on the submit button.
- After the submission of the application form, within 24 to 48 hours that means within one or two days, you will get the credential ID with a password in your registered email address.
- Now, you can use Digital India Portal with that ID and password.
Login In the Digital India Portal/ DIP Login
The candidate can log in to the Digital India Portal when you already did the registration on the site, then after you will get the Id and the Password, the registration process is given above in the article. For Login, you have to these simple steps:-
- After getting the ID and password, the candidate must visit the official site of the Digital India Portal.
- On the homepage, you will see the option to log in, on the side of the page.
- Click on the Login option, then the next page will display on your screen, in which you have to enter the details:- Your Vendor Id and password.
- Enter the right captcha.
- Click on the Sign In option, your portal will display on your screen.
- In case, you forgot the password, in this situation, you have to click on the Forgot Password, to get the new password, on your email address.
Services Available on the Digital India Portal
You can find almost all the services in this portal which you can find on a single site, the details of the services are listed below:-
|Mobile and DTH recharge
|Voter ID card
List of the Commission in Digital India Portal
|Electricity Bill Payment
|Transaction of 500-3000 INR:- 0.30 percent
Transaction of 3001-5000 INR:-12 percent
Transaction of 5001-10000 INR:- 18 percent
|A/C Opening Commission
|2/4 Wheeler Insurance
|10 to 20 percent
|3 to 7 percent
Benefits of the Digital India Portal
As the site is very useful for all of us, we mention some of its advantages, so that you are well aware, how this site will be beneficial for you:-
- The government target to create a digital infrastructure.
- By making the nation digital so that all the services have been available online.
- Through this online portal, you can easily transfer the subsidies to the beneficiary account.
- By spreading awareness about digitalization and empower the people.
- Provide the unique Id to each individual.
- The process of digitalization will decrease corruption in the country.
- All the services are not chargeable by the government and it is also easy to use.
- minimizing the use of paper and documents, and now all the documents are easily available on the online portal, and anytime you can download it.
- It gives high quality and fast services to the people.
- The digital site will help the village people to connect with the government and also make themself update.
Digital India Portal app
The Digital India Portal app is for smartphones, which brings all the facilities in your hands, you can use it any time and anywhere across the globe. You can easily download this app from the play store, then take the benefits of all the facilities, which are available in the app. It is easy to use, the design is very user-friendly. All the updates will be notified through this app notification system. Though you can also access the various facilities like the latest contest, quiz, latest news, etc.,
Frequently Asked Questions
The apps like Bharat Interface for money (BHIM), Unified Payments Interface (UPI), Immediate Payment Service (IMPS), National Electronic Funds Transfer (NEFT), Unstructured Supplementary Service Data (USSD), etc are used for the payment services, and you can download these app through play store.
The services related to the bills, recharge, Insurances, Government Ids, etc., are available in this portal.
The transactions of money which has to be done online, from one account or another bank account.
By launching this portal government make all the records online, which all records are legally generated which minimizes the rate of corruption.
Firstly, it is very easy to use, and you can do payment from anywhere, there is no need to go to the bank, the transaction has been recorded, so there is less threat to spam.
There is a link available for Payment history, you can click on that option, then you can view all your past transactions.
The Government-sponsored this portal to empower the people, diminish the rate of corruption and decrease the rate of unemployment.
For that visit Digital India Portal> tap to registration> fill the form> upload the documents> submit.
Go through the Digital India Portal> Select Login Option> Enter details> tap to Sign In.