Assam Arundhati Gold Scheme | अरुंधति स्वर्ण योजना | Assam Swarna Yojana Scheme Online Application form | Assam 10 gm Gold Scheme Online Apply, Last Date, Eligibility
Swarna (Gold) Yojana is an initiative taken by the government of Assam to give gold to the brides who register their marriages. This is a state-level marriage scheme for all the citizens of the Assam state. Assam government came up with a unique initiative to register the marriage under the state. Thereby, also helping economically weak families. If you are a resident of the Assam state who is married or is about to be a bride soon, then this article is for you.
Assam Swarna Yojana
It is a brilliant Assam Government scheme among the various schemes in Assam. So, all the residents of the Assam state who are eligible for the scheme can apply for it. Check out everything about the Arundhati Yojana, eligibility criteria, important documents, and application procedure of the Arundhati Gold Scheme. We are about to discuss all these points in detail to give you a piece of accurate information about the marriage scheme.
|Name of the Scheme||Arundhati Swarna Yojana|
|Department||Revenue and Disaster Management|
|Launched by||Assam Chief Minister|
|Benefits||10 gm/ 1 Tola Gold|
|Beneficiaries||All EWS Brides|
|Yojana Application started on||September 2020|
Assam Bride Gold Scheme
The government of Assam has launched a scheme for all the brides in the state of Assam. It is a great initiative by the government of Assam through which it plans to register marriages in the state. In the state of Assam, every year about 3 lakh marriages are organized in the state. Whereas it is only about 50,000 to 60,000 people who officially register their marriage. The ratio is quite inequivalent.
So, to counter this situation and create more marriage registrations in the state. the government launched the Gold Scheme. As it is a tradition in Assam to give gold to their daughters in the marriage. So, with this scheme, the government is actually trying to help all such families who cannot afford to give gold to their daughters. For all such families, the government is disbursing this Gift of gold with the Arundhati scheme.
Officially the scheme was introduced in 2019, for the first time on the 6th of February through the budget speech of Finance Minister of the State, Mr Himant Biswa. The scheme was then formulated to start in January 2020. But due to unfavourable circumstances because of the global pandemic, it went on further delay. Therefore, the official registration and application for the Yojana started in September 2020. It was launched by the finance minister himself with an increased amount than the previously allotted one.
The scheme has been allotted a budget worth an amount of INR 800 crores for each financial year. For the current year, the government has increased the benefit amount from 38,000 to 40,000 under the scheme.
Objectives of Assam 10 gm Gold Scheme
The Scheme holds unique goals and goes along with the vision of the Assam government. The basic plan behind this scheme is to promote the legal registration of marriages. But as the government has fixed specific age criteria under the scheme, it is also promising to discourage illegal child marriages. Thus, preventing child marriages in the state.
With the scheme, the Government also aims to bring a lot of marriages under registration. Therefore, protecting the rights of its citizens and encouraging registration by granting them gold in return for registration. Also, the Gold to be disbursed under the scheme will not be in a tangible form. It will be a deposit money amount of 40,000. So, basically, it is an amount that has been fixed to be given to the registered bride.
Coming along with the benefits of the scheme, there are also some limitations and rules to benefit from the scheme. Any applicant who wants the benefits should fulfil all these limitations. Thus, all people who are now interested in applying for the scheme can read the information detailed below.
The scheme holds a lot of special features and important points to be considered before applying for the scheme. All of these points are listed below:
- Only the brides with a registered marriage will get the benefits of the scheme.
- Also, the Marriage registration after 1st January 2020 will only be considered for benefits.
- The eligible bride must apply for the scheme before holding the official wedding ceremony.
- She needs to apply for the Arundhati Swarna Yojana, on the same day of applying for registration.
- To avail of the benefits of the scheme, the bride should be at least 18 years of age.
- To get consideration for the benefits, it must be the first marriage of the bride.
- The gold promised in the scheme will not be in physical gold form but an amount of about 40,000 is fixed by the government as the money to buy gold.
- The amount given for the gold will be in the form of a credit to the bank account of the bride.
Eligibility Criteria for Arundhati Swarna Yojana
There are some set of criteria set up by the state government. So, before all the people start to apply for the scheme, they should know the eligibility standards set up for the scheme. Who are all the people who are actually going to benefit from the scheme? and much more. To know the whole criteria, you can check this section.
- Age Criteria- Lower age limits of the bride and groom should be 18 years and 21 years respectively.
- Marriage Registration- The marriage should be registered after 1st Jan 2020 and under the Special Marriages Act, 1954 rules as per the Assam government.
- Date of Marriage- The marriage ceremony of the applicant should have been performed after 1 December 2019.
- Educational Qualification- The groom and bride should hold a minimum educational qualification of up to 10th standard.
- Income criteria- It is essential that the family of the bride should have an annual income anywhere lower than 5 Lakhs.
Exception: Brides who belong to the workers of Tea Garden and other tea tribes and Adivasi community girls are not required to hold the minimum qualification criteria.
This exception has been put forward by the government for a term of 5 years. The government did this, considering the availability of school facility for the children belonging to these areas. You can also check this Assamese page notification by the department regarding the criteria of eligibility for the Arundhati Swarna Yojana.
Documents Required for the Arundhati Yojana application
Before all the brides start applying for the scheme, they should know that the scheme also requires some documentation. As there are a set of documents that are essential to apply for the scheme, we have listed these documents below. Check them out beforehand to make your application more convenient. The documents are:
- Proof of Age
- For Adivasi and Tea Tribe Community- birth certificate of both bride and groom/ any other academic certification.
- For Others– HSLC/ CBSE mark sheet/ any other equivalent certificate.
- Education Qualification Certificate- Marksheet of the highest qualification.
- Proof of Income- Income Certificate of the parents issued by the circle area officer of the residence of the bride.
- Marriage Certificate (attested copy)- issued by the Marriage officer as per the 4th schedule of Special Marriage Act (Assam), 1954.
- Other bank details- a copy of the passbook of the bride to transfer the benefits.
- A certificate for first marriage statement- issued by the Mouzadar/ Goanburah of the village, stating that the girl was resident of that particular village, before marriage.
*** Assam Orunodoi Scheme 2021 ***
Application procedure for Arundhati Gold Scheme?
All the citizens of Assam who are eligible for the scheme can apply for it. The government has set up a specific process to apply for the scheme. Here we will discuss the online yojana application process for the scheme. So, all the interested people can check out and apply for the Arundhati Swarna Scheme.
- Firstly, go to the official portal for the scheme, i.e., the website of Revenue and Disaster Management. Click on the option of Arundhati Gold Scheme or directly visit the linked portal for the Arundhati scheme.
- On the homepage, you will see an option of ‘Citizen’ on the menu bar. Under the list generated, click on the option of ‘Apply Online‘.
- You see a pop-up to choose your language. Click on your desirable language. After clicking on your desirable desired language, you will land on the other page.
- On the newly directed page, the yojana application form will be now visible on your screen. Fill in all the details asked in the form. Tick check the declaration, enter the CAPTCHA code and click on the ‘Submit‘ button.
- Take a print out of the filled application form generated.
The generated form is to essential submit it to the concerned Marriage Registration Officer. A receipt will be issued to the bride. All the further communication regarding the application will reach in the form of SMS and email notifications.
Arundhati Scheme Application Status 2021
If you are someone who has already applied for the scheme and want to know about the progress of your done application. You can do so, with the option of Track application. The website of the Arundhati Gold Scheme allows the registered user to view the status of their submitted application. You just need your application number and the mobile number you entered while registration. To view your application status, you can follow these steps detailed below:
- Visit the official website of the revenue department for the Arundhati scheme.
- Click on the ‘Citizen‘ tab, a list of options will generate under it. Click on the option of ‘Track Application‘.
- A new page will open, where you have to enter your Application No. and Mobile No. Enter the CAPTCHA code and click on the Submit button.
- Your status will appear on your screen.
Re-fix the Date of Document Verification
- Visit the official website of the Arundhati Scheme.
- Under the ‘Citizen’ tab, click on the option of ‘Refix document verification date‘.
- You will be directed to another page, where you have to enter your Application No., Mobile No. and a CAPTCHA code. Click on the button of Submit.
- On the next directed page, you will be able to re-fix the verification dates as per your requirement.
Arundhati Swarna Yojana is a scheme by the Government of Assam to provide 10 gm gold to the brides who register their marriage in the state.
The scheme is officially on implementation since September 2020. The aspirants can register for this scheme along with their marriage registration.
Under the scheme, the government is providing a monetary benefit amount of INR 40,000 to each bride, for registering a marriage.
To check the status of application, the applicants can use the option of Track Application present on the homepage of the Scheme.
All the residents of the Assam state who are eligible for the scheme can apply for the scheme through the official website of the Revenue Department under the Assam Government. You can read the further steps in the article.
Yes, the scheme consists of a criteria for educational eligibility of the bride and the groom. Both the spouse need a minimum qualification of 10th standard to avail the benefits of the scheme.
Yes, it is required that the family of the bride should have an annual income lower than 5 Lakhs.
The government of the state has proposed certain relaxation in terms of educational qualification for the girls belonging to the community of Tea Tribes and the Adivasi community of Assam.
The money will be transferred to the bank account of the bride via Direct Bank Transfer.
If you have any queries regarding the Assam gold scheme and the application, you can comment down below. We will try our best to help you!