YSR Law Nestham Scheme 2023: The government of Andhra Pradesh is known for the scheme they launch for the welfare of the citizens. The Chief Minister, Jagan Mohan Reddy believes in the betterment of all and thus, tries to provide as much financial support as possible.
One of the schemes which we are going to discuss today is Law Nestham Scheme 2022. The scheme is highly beneficial for the Junior Advocates as it promises to provide a monthly stipend to them. Check all the details such as Objective, Benefits, Application, Implementation and much more, about the scheme here in the article given below.
Table of Contents
YSR Law Nestham Scheme 2022
The YSR Government introduced the YSR Law Nestham Scheme for the benefit of young lawyers in the state of Andhra Pradesh. The scheme promises a monthly stipend to the Junior Advocates to support their pursuit of a Law career. They shall receive an amount of Rs. 5000 per month to support their expenses which are difficult to meet due to initial instability.
The scheme is active for registration every 3 months in the year: March, June, September, and December. This enables the reception of fresh applications from the beneficiaries who require support. The scheme will nextly activate on 5 March 2022 for registration.
Andhra Pradesh YSR Law Nestham Scheme: Glance
|Name of the Scheme||YSR Law Nestham Scheme 2022|
|Authority||Government of Andhra Pradesh|
|Launched by||CM YS Jagan Mohan Reddy|
|Launched on||National Lawyers Day|
|Aim||To financially support young lawyers in the initial 3 years of practice|
|Benefit||Monthly stipend of Rs. 5,000|
|Maximum Duration||3 Years|
|Beneficiaries||Junior Advocate practising Law for less than three years|
|Upper Age Limit||35 Years|
|Application Cycles||March, June, September, and December|
|Amount Disbursement Mode||Direct Bank Transfer Mode|
Aim of YSR Law Nestham Scheme
The prime aim of the scheme is to benefit young lawyers in the state. Those advocates who have been practising for less than 3 years shall receive a stipend from the government to sustain their lives. The objective is to ensure that the candidates do not give up on their career in law at an early stage due to a lack of financial stability. This will also encourage education in the field of law and promote professional pursuit. Financial security will be provided and this will provide economic independence to budding law careers.
Benefits of Nestham Scheme of Lawyers
The scheme of YSR Law Nestham in Andhra Pradesh has the following benefit for the citizens of Andhra Pradesh:
- The scheme was launched for the benefit of young Junior Advocates in Andhra Pradesh on the occasion of National Lawyers Day.
- The scheme aims to provide financial security and benefit to the candidates who are eligible for it.
- The scheme is active for registration in every three months so that regular and fresh applications are received from assistance seekers.
- The eligible citizens shall receive a monthly stipend of Rs. 5,000 to support the lives of the advocates as they pursue law as a profession for initial 3 years.
- There is a specific portal for the scheme that has been launched to ensure the smooth and transparent functioning of the programme.
- Application procedure, status, and deliverance of important information will be through the YSR Law Nestham portal.
- Disbursement of the stipend amount will be directly into the bank accounts of the candidates.
- A beneficiary list will be released to notify the applicants regarding their selection for the scheme.
- Young lawyers will be able to largely focus on their careers without worrying about their expenditures.
Law Nestham Scheme Eligibility Criteria
Only the candidates who satisfy the subsequent conditions will be eligible to receive the benefits through the scheme:
- The applicant should have a Bachelor’s Degree in the subject of Law.
- The candidate must also be registered with the Andhra Pradesh State Bar Council in the Rolls of Advocates.
- Fresh Law Graduates who have passed law after 2019, are only eligible for the scheme.
- Applicant should not have completed three years of initial advocacy practice. The initial three practice years tenure will be calculated from the date of enrollment in the Rolls of Advocates of Andhra Pradesh.
- An affidavit issued by the respective Senior Advocate needs to be submitted, every 6 months to prove the active practice status to keep receiving the stipend.
- The advocate must possess the Certificate of practice acquired within 2 years from enrolment, obtained upon passing the Bar Examination which is conducted by the Bar Council of India.
- An Undertaking ensures that the applicant will inform the authorities in case they abandon the practice of Law or are gainfully employed when receiving the stipend.
- Only one benefit will be made available per family.
- The maximum age to apply for the scheme is 35 years.
Scheme Ineligibility Criteria
After checking the eligibility for the scheme, the candidates willing to apply must also see to it that they are not ineligible as per any of these ineligibility conditions:
- Such Junior advocates who are not practising at the time of application or after applying or even when receiving the stipend are not eligible for the scheme.
- Junior Advocates who have completed 3 years of law practice will be immediately considered ineligible for the scheme.
- Candidates who have a four-wheeler being processed in their names are not eligible.
Documents needed for YSR Law Nestham Scheme Application
The following documents are required:
- A valid Law degree
- Secondary School Certificate to prove the Date of Birth
- Affidavit as issued by the Senior Advocate
- An authenticated copy of the registration proof with the Bar Council
- The candidate will also have to open an Unencumbered bank account for the scheme within 15 days of application.
YSR Law Nestham Scheme Application Procedure
The registration for the Law Nestham Scheme of the Andhra Pradesh Government is currently inactive. When active, observe the following steps to apply for the scheme:
Registration on Portal
- Visit the official portal of YSR Law Nestham Scheme at ysrlawnestham.e-pragati.in.
- Tap on the Register tab.
- The Registration Form will open up.
- Enter all the details that are required in the form.
- Fill out the form completely.
- Finally, press Submit.
- The User will receive an ID confirmation in the email.
- Confirm the YSR Law Nestham Scheme application ID and then an SMS will be delivered to the registered number.
Login on Law Nestham Portal
Registered users can log in to the portal easily by following the steps given below:
- Open the YSR Law Nestham portal at ysrlawnestham.e-pragati.in.
- Tap on Login.
- Enter the registered Aadhar Number.
- Press Send OTP.
- Enter the received OTP on the registered mobile number.
- Press Submit.
- The User Dashboard will open up with all the details for the scheme and status.
Important Links for YSR Law Nestham Scheme
|Official YSR Law Nestham Scheme Portal||Click Here|
|Registration Link||Click Here (link to be available soon)|
|Applicant Login Link||Click Here|
|Departmental Login Link||Click Here|
|G.O.Ms.No. 75||Click Here|
|YSR Law Nestham Scheme Frequently Asked Questions||Click Here|