The government of Telangana has rolled out new Land Regularisation Rules for the year 2023. With the new scheme for the year, the government is introducing some new changes to the scheme. With the high charges incurred with the land regulations, the government has lowered the charges associated with the same. Therefore, through this article, we are proving some piece of information to all the readers about the Telangana LRS Scheme.
The readers will get to know about the new regularisation rules, charges, documents requirement by the authorities. Also, the interested citizens will get knowledge about how to register for the layout regularisation theme. Thus, all of our readers are hugely advised to give this article a thorough read to get all the prerequisite information about the same.
Table of Contents
Telangana LRS Scheme 2023- Layout Regularisation Scheme
The layout is an essential component of planned development in any territory. The state of Telangana is also working towards promoting the idea of planned development with the help of land layouts. Thereby, regularising illegal and unapproved layouts. Certain changes have been introduced by the authorities in the new layout plan by the government.
As per the chief secretary Mr Somesh Kumar, under the Telangana Government, orders have been issued up for alterations in the Government Order No. 135 (September 26) clauses. According to the Government order no. 131 (31 August), the government launched four slabs, but with the new change in the GO. 135 clause, there will be slabs now.
With the new scheme, the government is also putting forward new charges for regularisation as per the current market value of the plot (26 August). The update was put forward under the guidance of the concerned authorities. Also, with all such updates, new changes are to be instilled there in the new regularisation rules.
Overview OF Telangana LRS Scheme
|Telangana Govt Scheme
|Name of the Scheme
|Layout Regularisation Scheme (LRS)
తెలంగాణ లేఅవుట్ రెగ్యులరైజేషన్ పథకం
|State Level Scheme
|Chief Secretary of Telangana
|Government of Telangana
|Decreasing the regularisation charges
|Lower rates of regularisation
|Citizens of the Telangana state
|www.lrs.telangana.gov.in (not working)
|Email at- firstname.lastname@example.org
Toll-Free Number- 18004258838
Objective of LRS Telangana
The scheme of Land Regularisation has been in the state since 2015. Earlier, the charges associated with the regularisation were low as compared to the changes in the charges made a few years ago. Therefore, the new update in the land regularisation is being announced with a lot of objectives to look ahead in the coming times.
Therefore, the government has revoked the old Government Order thus, addressing the issues of the local people who are the direct beneficiaries of the scheme. Also, the new update is as per the requests by the people of the state. Therefore, the scheme directly aims to benefit the people of the state. So, the newly adopted scheme is similar to the one in 2015.
Regularisation Charges in Telangana LRS Scheme
The scheme is creating some new changes with the Old Government Order for the Land Regularisation under the state. We are listing the new regularisation charges in the section below.
|Less than Rs. 3000/ sq. yard
|From Rs 3,001/ sq. yard to Rs 5,000/ sq. yard
|From Rs. 5001/ sq. yard to 10,000/ sq. yard
|From Rs. 10,001/ sq. yard to 20,000/ sq. yard
|From 20,001/ sq. yard to 30,000/ sq. yard
|From 30,001/ sq. yard to 50,000/ sq. yard
|Above 50,000/ sq. yard
Apart from these some of the specifications for regularisation are as follows:
- Under any Unapproved layout, if 10% of the space is not available, then the charges will be as per the pro-rata open space charges which are 14% of the plot value. The plot Value will be as per the values on the date of registration.
- If any agricultural land is being converted to non-agricultural land there will not be any additional Nala Fee included in the total charges for LRS regularisation.
Documents required for Land Regularisation Scheme
For the Land Regularisation, the applicants will require a few documents, these are:
- If the plot is unsold- Copy of first page (self-attested) of Registered Sale Deed/ Title Deed.
- Copies of Sale Deed will be filed by the layout owner for at least 10% of the plots.
LRS Registration Fee
|Fee for owners of Individual Plot
|Fee fir Layout developers
How to do the registration for the Land Regularisation Scheme (LRS)?
We are listing below the step by step process to apply for the Land Regularisation Scheme. To apply, the applicants can follow the steps listed below. The website is not working at the m om ent but theses will be followed when it does.
Step I: Go to the official website of the Telangana Land Regularisation Scheme (LRS). On the open homepage of the website, citizens can click on the option of ‘Apply for LRS‘.
Step II: A new page will open up on the screen of the applicants where the applicants will be provided with two options for choosing the Nationality (Indian or NRI). Choose one of the given options.
Step III: After choosing the options, the applicant will have to provide his/ her mobile number. Click on the button to ‘Generate OTP‘. The OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number. Enter the sent OTP and click on the option to validate the OTP.
Step IV: As you enter the OTP, the registration form will be available on your device. Enter all the details asked in the form. The applicant will also have to upload some of the documents. Upload all the documents required.
Step V: After that, proceed with the payment process on the portal only. Payment will be done through the ICICI Payment Portal. Click on the Submit button to submit your application.
Check the Application Status of the LRS Scheme
All the citizens who will apply for the land regularisation can also check the status on the portal only. To check your application status, applicants can follow these steps:
Step I: Go to the Official website of the Telangana LRS. On the open homepage, click on the option of ‘Know Your Application Status‘.
Step II: On the next directed page, the residents will have to enter the Acknowledgement number. After thet, click on the Submit button.
Your LRS Status will be available on your screen!
Some Essential Rules to follow
For all the applicants who are going to register for the scheme, must follow the rules detailed below.
- The width of the roads must be minimum of 9 meters.
- For the plots less than 100 sq. m or with weaker section layouts, the width of the roads must be at least 6 meters.
- In cases, where the road width is not available as per the set criteria, the widening of the roads will be insisted.
- Regularisation rules will not apply to the layouts and plots under the land ceiling laws, land/ boundary disputes, title claim and others.
- A prior clearance will be essential from the District Collector (DC) for the assigned land.
- For an Unapproved layout, even if only a few plot holder will come up for the regularisation, the layout pattern will be approved by the authority.
- Any type of sale agreement and attorney power will not be considered as evidence.
- Also, any Water bodies will be preserved in the layout. No construction/ layout will be allowed over any waterbody. this shall also apply to the full tank level of any pond or lake (Kunta or Shikam) lands.
- No construction activity will be allowed on any water bodies. Waterbodies and other body courses will be marked as the green buffer zone/ recreational zone.
- For areas of 10 Hectares and above, no developmental activity will be permitted within 30 m of the river/ lake boundary.
- For areas, less than 10 Hectares and no developmental activity will be permitted within 9 m from the lake/ shikam/ kunta/ vague/ canal boundary.
- From the Nala or stormwater drain boundary, a distance of 2 m will be treated as the permissible distance for any developmental activity.
If you have any questions, ask us in the comment box below.