Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) for Passport in India | Apply Online | Fee | Individuals possessing an Indian passport and desire to apply for residential status, employment, immigration, or a long-term stay visa, might be able to obtain a Police Clearance Certificate also referred to as PCC. People who are going abroad on a tourist visa aren’t eligible for the PCC (only for holiday reasons).
In this post, you will examine about PCC certificate, what kind of documents are necessary to receive it, and the procedure for obtaining a PCC in this post subject. After reading this article, you can also ask topic-related queries in the comment box given at the end. We will try to provide all the answers to your question as soon as possible.
Table of Contents
Police Clearance Certificate
PCC or Police Clearance Certificate is a legal document issued to a citizen by the Police of India or any Indian Government authorized officer. It identifies criminal histories that a person could have under their identity as well as if certain reports are not found, officials will provide a Police Clearance Certificate that will be required for foreigners or Indians who are currently in India or have previously been abroad for the specified objectives: attempting to relocate or obtain visas for foreign countries, pursuing careers in which you gain freedom, completing a demand from an organization.
The government is aware that several nations (currently 17), as shown in the following paragraph do not include tight rules governing the entrance and hiring of foreign people. As a result, these seventeen nations are with ECR (Emigration Check Required).
|Afghanistan||Qatar||The United Arab Emirates|
Importance of Police Clearance Certificate
Obtaining a valid Police Clearance Certificate ensures that you possess zero criminal reports for the duration of your visit to a different nation, whether it will be for a job, study, or vacation. Let’s say that, in each manner, you participated in any illegal activity or were caught breaking the law. Then, a specific notice depending on the liable country will display on the PCC describing the facts of the violation. In addition, possessing a PCC certificate demonstrates your sense of morality and level of responsibility as a tourist or a citizen. The lack of a Police Clearance Certificate raises concerns from businesses and tourism experts who believe that you wouldn’t be a well-behaved citizen of the country.
Eligible Candidates for PCC Certificate
If you want to apply for Police Clearance Certificate, then know whether you are eligible for it or not. In order to get a PCC certificate, you need to fulfil the eligibility criteria mentioned here.
- Residents of India
- Citizens of India living in another country
- Foreigners or Outsiders living in India
Important Certificates Needed for PCC Certificate
In this portion of the article, we have described the requirement of documents as per the various categories of people.
Documents for Women or Non-Skilled People
Non-skilled or women candidates of age 30 years or more who have accepted the contract and signed it from a foreign company without contacting any authorized recruitment person in India. These kinds of people need to submit the documents written below:
- A certificate of approval from the respective Indian Post or Mission, a copy of an agreement of employment that has been verified by the applicable Indian Mission, or The language of the visa should be in English or a translation of it.
- A passport that is no longer valid and copies of the initial two pages, and final two pages, along with the ECR/Non-ECR identification must be self-attested.
- Aadhaar Card or any evidence of an address.
Documents for Skilled or Semi-Skilled People
Criteria given below for PCC ought to be satisfied in the case of skilled or semi-skilled individuals who’ve already signed an agreement with an international company rather than through recruiters registered by the Emigrants Protector. Check the documents given here.
- All certificates are needed along with a self-attested photocopy of the contract of employment.
- A passport that is no longer valid and copies of the initial two pages, and final two pages, along with the ECR/Non-ECR identification, must be self-attested.
- Aadhaar Card or any evidence of an address.
Documents for Women or Non-Skilled People via Recruiters
Women or Non-SkilledIndividuals who have signed a job agreement with the help of a recruitment agent are needed these types of certificates.
- Necessary certificates confirmed by the local Indian Mission, and photocopies of the contract of employment, power of attorney, and demand letter from the international company.
- A photocopy of the POE-issued certificate of registration
Documents for Skilled or Semi-Skilled People via Recruiters
People who have accepted a job offer from a foreign company with the assistance of a recruitment agent need to present the documents as follows.
- The important certificate must include certified copies of the power of attorney of the international company, a job contract, and a demand letter.
- A duplicate copy of the POE registration form.
- Proof of Address (Such as an Aadhaar Card, Electricity Bill, PAN Card, Voter ID, etc.)
- Expired passport with photocopy that has been self-attested with the 2 pages of final, and 2 pages of the front, and the ECR/Non-ECR tag.
Document for Dependent Family People of an Individual
The described certificates are for people who are migrating or residing in both ECR and ECNR countries.
- The required certificates must be submitted, together with a sponsorship statement from the individual who is paying the candidate’s travel expenses.
- Proof Needed to Verify the Permanent Address
- A passport that is no longer valid and copies of the front and back 2 pages, and the ECR/Non-ECR identification must be self-attested.
Documents Necessary for Migrating Abroad
Candidates who are willing to move in abroad have to attach all the compulsory documents such as a long-term visa application, employment certificate, and legal residency. If you don’t provide all these documents, then you may be not eligible for a PCC certificate. So we recommend you to deliver the complete documentation for a smooth process.
Certificates Required for Common Cases
A total of three documents are required to present by an individual. The description of documents are described as follows:
- Authentic passport plus a photocopy of the initial and final two pages, along with the page listing ECR/ECNR and listing remarks page, that has both been self-attested with the passport.
- In case, a different permanent address is printed on the passport, then you need to present the proof of that address which is mentioned on the passport.
- You need to submit a photocopy of the visa with its English translation if your visa is not granted in the English language.
Process to Apply for Police Clearance Certificate Online
People who want to apply for PCC certificates must examine this section. Here we have given all the necessary steps required to apply for PCC through online mode.
- Firstly, you have to visit the online official portal of Passport Seva.
- In a few seconds, the home screen of the website will pop up on your screen.
- On the left side of the page, you will see the link named “New User Registration”.
- The registration form will open on the next tab.
- Provide all the required information and fill in the details correctly.
- After the registration procedure, you will get your login details via email or registered phone number.
- After that, log into the website.
- Next, hit the tab labelled “Apply for Police Clearance Certificate”.
- Insert the basic data about yourself and tap the “Submit“ option.
- On the next page, you will see the option “Pay & Schedule Appointment”.
- Next, You need to choose a suitable date and time in order to complete the verification process.
- Then, pay the fees through online mode (Net Banking, Credit Card, Debit Card, Bank Challan of SBI).
- Finally, you can download the application form and write down your appointment number or application reference number.
- We advise you to take all the required documents with you on the day of the appointment
Getting Police Clearance Certificate from Police Station
You may also get the PCC certificate from the nearest police station in your locality.
- Initially, candidates need to go to the local police station.
- In the police station, you have to give correct answers to the questions of police officers. The query that police officers ask will be about the application form or related to your background.
- You will have to submit the self-attested certificates that we have mentioned above as per your category.
- Lastly, submit the fees (offline or online mode).
A close relative may pick up the Police Clearance Certificate if the candidate is not available at that time via BLS with an approval letter and an authentic registration form proving their identity. However, after providing the required actions by BLS, PCC can be delivered to the candidate through the post.
Official Website >>>>>> Passport India Portal
The High Commission of India issues PCC to applicants.
The application fee that individuals have to pay for Police Clearance Certificate is 500 INR only.
There are different types of documents required for individuals as per the different categories. In the above portion of this passage, we have defined all the documents needed.