The Odisha Government has launched a scheme for the benefit of the construction labour in the state. The state shall be providing financial support to such citizens who wish to construct their own houses but lack the financial stability for that. The government will not only assist them with money but also provide additional support by providing other benefits. Read all the information such as Odisha Nirman Shramik Pucca Ghar Yojana eligibility, benefits, features, application, selection, implementation and much more about the NSPGY scheme, here in the subsequent article.
Table of Contents
Nirman Shramik Pucca Ghar Yojana 2023
The Nirman Shramik Pucca Ghar Yojana is a scheme of the Government of Odisha that shall benefit the Construction workers in the state. As per the scheme, the beneficiaries shall receive assistance for the construction of the house. They shall get a costing of Rs. 1,20,000 for a non-IAP district and Rs. 1,30,000 for an IAP district. The habitants must also observe that they shall receive additional incentives as they construct their Pucca house. The scheme will ensure housing facilities and benefits to the workers registered under the Odisha Building and Other Construction Worker’s Welfare Board or OB&OCWWB.
Overview of Nirman Shramik Pucca Ghar Yojana
|Name of the Scheme||Nirman Shramik Pucca Ghar Yojana|
|Authority||Odisha Building and Other Construction Worker’s Welfare Board or OB&OCWWB|
|Aim||To provide Pucca houses in the state to underprivileged|
|Benefit||Monetary instalments worth the cost of dwelling units|
|Beneficiaries||Construction workers and labours living in Kutcha houses|
|Cost of a dwelling unit in a non-IAP District||Rs. 1,20,000|
|Cost of a dwelling unit in an IAP District||Rs. 1,30,000|
|Number of Installments||4|
|Portal||Rural Housing Odisha|
Objective of the Scheme
The Government of India has launched schemes to support the lives of the underprivileged by assisting them with housing. Curating this thought specifically for the Construction workers, the Odisha Government has initiated with the Nirman Shramik Pucca Ghar Yojana. Housing is a fundamental right and everyone deserves to live in a safe dwelling. The upsetting part comes to it when those who help with the construction of houses and buildings for other people have to live in Kutcha houses to financial instability. Hence, the NSPFY scheme shall strive so that the construction workers are provided with Pucca housing facilities that shall sustain their lives during weather conditions.
What are Pucca and Kutcha Houses as per Odisha Pucca Ghar Scheme?
The Odisha Government aims to replace the Kutcha Houses of Construction workers with Pucca Houses. A kutcha house is usually very unprotective in nature. It is made up of non-concrete materials such as Bamboo, Mud, Straws, Unburned bricks, and much more. They are not stable and may collapse due to slightly extreme weather conditions. Even during mild conditions, the Kutcha Houses fail to provide safety from leakages or winds.
The citizens who seek to avail the benefits of the scheme must observe the following characteristics of a Pucca house which they need to construct in order to replace the Kutcha houses:
- A Pucca house has a foundation, concrete walls and a fixed roof.
- These homes are built with solid materials such as Cement, Burnt Bricks, Stones placed with lime, Cemented Bricks, Fly Ash Bricks, and more of such type.
- As mentioned earlier, the roofs of these houses need to fixed or concrete. They need to made with Galvanized Iron sheets, Cement Sheets, Reinforced Cement Concretes, Tiles, or any iother such materials.
- These homes must at least appear to sustain 30 years froom construction without facing any major damages.
- The house must be specifically built with materials that are approved by the Panchayati Raj and Drinking Water or PR&DW Department.
Benefits of Nirman Shramik Pucca Ghar Yojana
The following are the benefits that the constructions workers will receive through the Nirman Shramik Pucca Ghar Yojana:
- The Cost of the house in the non-IAP Districs will be Rs. 1,20,000.
- For those who are constructing a house in an IAP District under this scheme, the cost of a unit will be Rs. 1,30,000.
- The beneficiaries will receive wage component for 90 person days in a non-IAP District and for 95 days in an IAP District.
- Rs. 12,000 will be made available under IHHL under the MGNREGS/SBM (G).
- The beneficiaries shall also receive convergence for social security, portable drinking water supply system, land developmenmt wages, and electrification under respective projects and yojanas.
- Additionally, there are benefits that the applicants are entitled to receive, upon the early construction of the houses. These include:
- If the house and IHHL are completed within 4 months from receiving the first installment, the beneficiaries shall receive Rs. 20,000.
- If the house and IHHL are completed within 6 months from receiving the first installment, the beneficiaries shall receive Rs. 10,000. However, this installment is subjective to raise as per the decision of Governement, from time to time.
Features of the NSPGY Scheme
The following are the features of the Nirman Shramik Pucca Ghar Yojana of the Odisha Rural Housing:
- The scheme is funded by the Odisha Building and Other Construction Worker’s Welfare Board or OB&OCWWB. A specific budget is allocated to the scheme and it shall be revised on intervals of time.
- Information shall be published on Rural housing Odisha Portal and website of OB&OCWWB.
- It is of preference that the scheme is sanctioned on the name of the woman of husehold. This shall also create a sense of woman empowerment.
- The minimum carpet area of the house will be 25 square metres. This space includes a cooking space but excludes the toilet.
- The house plan will complulsorily include the Kitchen area and the Toilet.
- The house will be built by the beneficiary only since they are the construction workers.
- The house plots shall be registered in the name of the beneficiary or a family member.
- The roof of the house will be mandatory to be of RCC to ensure proper safety and protection.
- The authorities do encorage any innovation with materials, design, construction and much more.
- The house completion needs to be ensured within 12 months from the credit of first installment into the account of beneficiaries.
- Provision of Additional benefits in case the construction of the house and IHHL is completed in limited time after the disbursement of first installment.
- There will be four installments that shall be disbursed.
- The money of the installments will be directly transferred into the bank accounts of the beneficiaries.
- The invcentives are revised periodically depending upon the allocated budget.
- The scheme works at par with the Biju Pucca Ghar Yojana
- If the Beneficiary has already received benefits of the NSPGY scheme but the house has collapsed due to any extreme weather conditions or any other natural calamities, he/she can reapply and get benefitted through the scheme with a Pucca House.
Eligibility for Nirman Shramik Pucca Ghar Yojana
Those who are looking to avail the benefits of the NSPGY scheme must observe the following eligibility conditions that need to be compulsorily satisfied:
- Only residents of Odisha are allowed to receive housing facilities under this scheme.
- The applicant should be construction worker or labour, registered with the Odisha Building and Other Construction Worker’s Welfare Board or OB&OCWWB.
- The worker should not have a Pucca house.
- This scheme is onky for such workers who have not receive any benefits as per any other Government housing schemes.
NSPGY Scheme Documents Required
The following documents must be possessed by the Construction Workers in Odisha who seek to get help in building their own pucca houses:
- To prove the identity of the applicant, an ID issued by the Governemnt such as Aadhar Card, PAN Card, Voter ID, etc.
- Proof of Date of Birth such as educational certificates or any other valid certificates as accepted by the Government.
- Income Certificate needs to be proved by the Candidates.
- Address Proof such as Rashan Cards need to be submitted as well.
- The applicants must ensure taht they possess proof of their profession being a construction worker.
- A valid Income Certificate of the latest financial year.
- Copy of the bank passbook so as to confirm direct bank transfer of money.
- No Objection Certificate or NOC, in case the plot is registered in the name of family member and not the beneficiary.
Nirman Shramik Pucca Ghar Yojana Application Procedure
The applications for the Nirman Shramik Pucca Ghar Yojana will be accepted in an offline mode. Those workers who wish to apply for the scheme must get the form from the concerned officers and fill it out. They also need to attest any documents or necessary records in order to prove the eligibility, as specified by the authorities. The duly filled form must be completed and then submitted to the respective officials. The scheme will only be implemented for those workers who submit the form.
NSPGY Scheme Implementation
The implementation of the scheme will be completely implemented by the Panchayat Samitis and will be supervised and directed by the Zila Parishad. The implementation will be only upon the selection of the beneficiaries by the authorities. It will be then executed on the ground level following a specific strategy as devised for the Nirman Shramik Pucca Ghar Yojana Scheme. The proper involvement of various officials will ensure that the applicants receive efficient help and there is complet8e transparency maintained.
Nirman Shramik Pucca Ghar Yojana Selection Procedure
The budget for the scheme is entirely dependent on the available funds with the Government of Odisha. The District Labour Officer is responsible for the submission of the list of the applicants as the beneficiaries for the scheme based on their eligibility. The District Labour Officer will provide the details to the BDO or Block District Officer and ensure the facilitation of the field enquiry. The BDO will further scrutinize the list to look for any such cases where an applicant has already received housing benefits under any other Government Scheme.
The field verification will also be headed by the BDO or Block District Officer. The list of the eligible beneficiaries will be presented to the Block Level Selection Committee. The BDO shall also hand in the list to the District Collector. The District Collector shall further approve the list and pass t over to the responsible department. The Panchayati Raj ad Drinking Water Department will be involved at this stage. They shall match the list of beneficiaries to the target set for the scheme depending upon the budget, for the present year. Based on the proportion, the list will be published on the portal under the section of Qualification Card Holder. The list of the beneficiaries would be of the construction workers, hence it will be published on the portal of Odisha Building and Other Construction Workers Welfare Board or OB&OCWWB. The list will be auto-generated and placed on the basis of the beneficiary priority. Depending upon the target, the Block District Officer or BDO will sanction houses in the name of the beneficiary, preferable the woman in the house. The sanctioning procedure will be executed in such an order that the priority list is preserved.
Scheme Implementation Strategy
The implementation agency for the Nirman Shramik Pucca Ghar Yojana has been announced as the Panchayat Samiti which will be controlled by the DRDA for the Zilla Parishad. The implementation of the scheme has been strategised in such a manner that the funds are efficiently utilised and the house cost is much reduced. Since the beneficiaries are the construction labours, they hall construct their own houses.
The house design and technology suggestions will be provided to the beneficiaries by the authorities only. They can choose the most suitable and preferred option. The plans have been made in such a manner that they include Kitchen spaces such that they are hygienic and breathable, toilet spaces and the roof is strong and fixed. Only those construction materials will be recommended to the beneficiaries that are strong and concrete. It will be made sure that the house is rigid and resistant to harmful climatic conditions.
The house will only be made on plots that are registered on their names or of their close family members. For family members, a NOC is also mandatory to avoid any future dispute. The house will e made in the name of the woman in the family or should be made jointly for the spouse. In case of the absence of the female, only then, a male head shall be approved for the scheme. Persons with disabilities will also be preferred for being the name of the house on papers. The District Administrator will be responsible for the arrangement of the construction materials. However, it is up to the beneficiary to not choose to take up the materials from the District Administrator. In case of such owners who are destitute or belong to PwD, upon request, the project shall be taken up as an inclusive of the Mason Training Program for construction of it. It can also be handed to a reputed construction agency.
There will be 4 instalments to disburse the cost of dwelling units. The following are the instalments:
|S.No.||Number of Installment||Level of Work Done||The amount for non-IAP District||The amount for IAP District|
|1.||First||Work order is officially issued.||Rs. 20,000||Rs. 20,000|
|2.||Second||Plinth Completion||Rs. 30,000||Rs. 35,000|
|3.||Third||Roof-level Completion||Rs. 40,000||Rs. 45,000|
|4.||Fourth||Full completion of the house including the installation of toilets and the beneficiary starts residing in the built house.||Rs. 30,000||Rs. 30,000|
|Total||Rs. 1,20,000||Rs. 1,30,000|
Funding Pattern for Nirman Shramik Pucca Ghar Yojana
There will be a target set for the number of houses to be constructed per year. The budget will be allotted accordingly. The cost of the logo and the incentives to the beneficiaries shall be taken from the 4% of the administrative cost. All the funds will be received in the format of instalments to the beneficiaries. There will be a total of 4 instalments that will be utilised in order to disburse the amount. The PR&DW Department will be receiving the funds unto the specific scheme bank account. The payments will be then made by the authorities to the beneficiaries through the PFMS or Public Finance Management system.
Odisha Pucca Ghar Time Period
The house construction needs to be completed within 12 months from the disbursement of the first instalment. However, for such beneficiaries who are constructing a larger house in terms of area, the construction of 25 square metres must be initially completed within 12 months time period and then further expansion can be done.
Nirman Shramik Pucca Ghar Yojana Management
The scheme has been announced by the Government of Odisha but the real management of the scheme involves administration and supervision from various departments in Odisha. The financial management will be done specifically by the Panchayati Raj and Drinking Water Department on the basic level. However, there is the involvement of various departments. On the ground level, the monitoring and supervision are distributed in a manageable manner.
Financial Management of NSPGY
The appointed District Collectors or the Project Directors will supervise the entire process of the finance of the scheme. The budget allocated to the scheme will be disbursed by the OB&OCWWB to the PR&DW Department who shall further create a specific account on the name of the Nirman Shramik Pucca Ghar Yojana in the city of Bhubaneshwar. After the accreditation of the funds, the Public Finance Management System or FPMS shall disburse the instalment amount into the account of the beneficiaries. Additionally, the interest that the authorities will receive upon deposition of the scheme fund will be included in the scheme budget.
Monitoring of Nirman Shramik Pucca Ghar Yojana
The District Collector will wisely monitor the implementation of the scheme on the ground level. At the District Level, PD DRDA shall take up the responsibility of scheme execution while at Block Level, the BDO or Block District Officer shall manage the supervision. At least 10% of the houses that shall be constructed under the scheme will be independently supervised by the BDO. However, the District Level Officers have to lead the inspection of 1% of the scheme houses. Furthermore, the supervision of the other 10% will be the responsibility of the Additional Project Directors.
The local language enables MIS or Management Information System, AWASSoft, Monitoring System of Panchayat Raj, and Rural Housing Portal will be used for monitoring the implementation of the scheme. The data recorded will be constantly updated by the BDO in fixed time intervals. The scheme will be administered by the Labour and ESI Department in Odisha and as mentioned earlier, the financial implementation will be managed by the Panchayati Raj and Drinking Water Department.