Kerala Ration Card | www.civilsupplieskerala.gov.in | View Ration Card Details | Ration Card Application Form | Kerala Civil Supplies | www.epos.kerala.gov.in | www.akshaya.kerala.gov.in | Form Malayalam | Types | Activation Status
The Government of Kerala has made the ration card scheme more successful as compared to other states in India. They not only provided ration card efficiently but also the delivery of ration has been made easy. The government ensured that rice and other commodities are delivered to each and every needy citizen without any hassle in the process. The commodities are provided by door-to-door services. The government of Kerala has brought clarity to the system to ensure ration is lent to rightful people. Kerala Ration Card application forms are available through online and offline options.
Ration Card is an indispensable document held by the citizen of India. Ration card is not only an access pass for low priced food grains but also serves as a proof of identification for the citizens of India. It allow you to buy food grains at lower rates from the Public Distribution System (PDS). PDS works under the National Food Security Act (NFSA).
Kerala New Ration Card
The government of Kerala introduced a new ration card for certain days during the covid-19 lock-down. As the economy of people was severely affected, due to job loss as daily wagers. So to ensure, all people are received food grains Kerala government introduced an e-service ration card through an online process and provided food grains to ration cardholders at their doorsteps. A citizen could apply online for a ration card and get their ration. Kerala Ration Card 2021 initiated for overcoming the pandemic crisis.
Meanwhile, if there is issue in getting ration card you can get a temporary ration card from the Taluk supply officer of your region. This temporary ration card will serve same process till a new ration card is not issued.
Kerala Ration Card: Overview
Kerala ration card 2021 in addition became an e-ration card, which also can be obtained through online application. E-Ration Card used like Aadhaar Card for identity proof in some of the places. The registration of the form in addition to verification of the card is done online. All the ration card related services can be sought through Akshaya Centres in the whole of Kerala.
|Name of scheme||Kerala Ration Card|
|Launched by||The Government of Kerala|
|Concerned Department||Department of Food, Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs, Govt. of Karnataka|
|Launched for||The citizen of Kerala state|
|State||Kerala Govt. Scheme|
|Objective||To provide ration card to the underprivileged citizen of the state|
|Vision||To provide food to all households|
|Access by||Akshaya centres all over Kerala|
Types of Kerala Ration Cards
Ration Card is of various types based on the category of the households they are issued to. The colours can vary from state to state. In Kerala, there are four ration cards:
1- Antyodaya household – yellow card
2- Priority Household – Pink card
3- Non-priority (subsidy) – Blue card
4- Non-priority (non- subsidy) – Pink card
Benefits of Ration Card Kerala
Ration card benefits us not only by providing food grains but also provide other benefits too. These are –
- Specifically, the ration card is a three-way connector, linking the ration card to the aadhaar card in addition to bank details too.
- With the help of Kerala Ration card, subsidy is not only provided for food grains but also for petroleum products and fertilizers.
- In Kerala, the ration card can be shown as address proof.
- Also, as an authentic identification proof, a ration card is used.
- Moreover, with a ration card, you can apply for a loan.
- Furthermore, the property can be brought with a ration card in Kerala.
- Additionally, can apply for a Passport by ration card, it serves as identity proof.
- Similarly, can apply for PAN, with a ration card as an identity proof.
Ration Card Kerala: Eligibility Criteria
The head of the family should qualify for all the condition required to get a ration card. The conditions for ration cardholder are-
- Must be a citizen of India.
- Must be a citizen of concerned state i.e Kerala
- Additionally, the appliers should not have any ration card from another state of India.
- Furthermore, must qualify other given conditions by the government.
The ration card is also for homeless people, provided to them by the Taluk supply officer.
Validity of Kerala Ration Card
Validity of Ration card Kerala:
- The ration card is valid till the date it is not surrendered by the ration cardholder.
- Hence, the ration card is invalid if suspended through authority.
- If two members of the same family are holding ration cards, one would not be valid.
Ration Card Kerala : Type And Commodity
Check the commodities sanctioned to each type of ration card in Kerala given below-
Antyodaya Anna Yojana (AAY) – Yellow Card
|Commodity||Quantity (in kg)|
Priority Household (PHH) – Pink card
|Commodity||Quantity (in kg)|
Non-Priority Households(NPS) – Blue Card
Non-Priority household(NPNS) – White Card
|Commodity||Quantity (In Kgs)|
Details Printed on Ration Card
Details mentioned in the ration card includes-
- Ration card number
- Address of the ration card holder
- Name of the ration card holder
- Age of ration card holder
- Monthly income of the head of the household
- Members included and their relation included with the head of the household
- Name and Number of fair price shop where ration card is registered
- The particulars of issuing authority
- Ration card format will be decided by the government.
- Book format
- Card format
- Electronic format
Kerala Ration Card: Documents Required
The documents required for applying for ration card:
- Passport size photo’, of ration cardholder.
- Proof of Identity for instance Aadhaar Card.
- Residence Proof for example Electricity and water bill.
- In addition, all family members Identification documents.
- Bank Details for subsidy.
- Cancelled or old ration card copy if there is.
- Phone Bill
- If a tenant living in a rented house then must have a Rent agreement
Kerala Ration Card Application Forms
Ration Card application form and its various types of applications are available for different needs of Kerala citizens-
- General Category [Non-Priority]
- Addition of New Members
- Correction in Ration Card
- Duplicate Ration Card
- New Ration Card
- Transfer related form
- Removal of members from ration card
- Change of ration card holder
Meanwhile, the applicants can apply using the following options to get Ration Card .
How to fill the Kerala Ration Card Application Form?
There are varied ways through which application can be filled in Kerala for Ration Card:
– Akshaya Centres
Presently, there are around 2,650 Akshaya e-centres with at least 2 centres in each Panchayats all around the states of Kerala. Process in Akshaya Centres are-
- Visit the nearest Akshaya Centers in the area.
- You can also search the nearest Akshaya Center by checking on Akshaya Kerala online.
- After seeing the nearest centre visit it.
- Check the application form for a new user or renewal of ration card.
- Fill in the information on the application form.
- Attest required documents with the application form.
- Now submit the application form with relevant documents for verification
- Consequently, the application form’s verification will take place.
- On further, after validation pay for the application fee.
- Finally, after the gradual process of validation, a ration card will be provided to the ration cardholder.
Taluk Supply Office (TSO) and District Supply Office (DSO)
Even, in Taluk Supply Office and District Supply Office can also provide ration card application form, The application process is as under-
- Visit the nearest Taluk Supply Officer and District Supply Officer for getting the application form.
- Fill in the application form for a new ration card or any other service regarding the ration card.
- Attach the required documents with the application form.
- Now submit the application form with relevant documents for verification.
- Hence, validation of the application form will take place.
- Now, pay a fee for the application form that would be Rs.5 (can vary) for a new form.
- Finally, ration card will be made available for you (most probably within15 days).
– Online Portal
Due to covid-19, people had scarcity of food grains. People who lost their jobs and people who were working on daily wages were having tough times. The Kerala government introduced new ration card to provide food for all. Therefore, online ration cards were introduced.
- Firstly, the user needs to visit the Civil Supplies Official website.
- For eService Ration cards, then click on eServices by Common Service Centre.
- Than on Screen, two options will appear, Akshaya login and Citizen login.
- Click on Citizen login thereafter, create a new account and login.
- Now a pre-information form will appear
- Here, the user first needs to click on the yes option which means the user wants a ration card.
- Then, the user needs to select the taluk supply office from options.
- Fill in the required details like –
-User Id login
- And then submit it.
- Now on-screen will appear varied information on ration card, but the user needs to select on New Ration Card option.
- Click on eService for a new card, the application form will appear.
- On the application form at starting three option will appear
-Owner from spitting of card
-Owner from transfer
-The Owner New entry
- For the new applicant, click on Owner new entry, further fill in owners information.
- Then, attest relevant documents.
- All the documents need to be instilled in pdf form
- Upload all the documents and submit them for verification.
- Verification of details may take time.
- Printout the application form for further enquiry.
- Now, submit the form and documents to the nearest TSO office
How to fill offline Kerala Ration Card Application Form?
The government of Kerala has provided with several form for all the category people which needs to be printed out. Then fill it and submit it to the nearest TSO.
Process is as follows:
- Firstly, visit the civil supplies official website if want form online else go to the nearest TSO office for an application form.
- Once, you get into the official website click on Ration Card Application Form from the main menu.
- Now, among so many new options select a new application form.
- Thereafter, fill in all the details and attest the required documents.
- Finally, submit it for verification to the nearest TSO.
- After, verification within15-20 days new ration card will be provided to you.
Kerala Ration Card Transfer Related Aapplication Forms
If citizens have transferred from one place to another in Kerala and wish to make changes in the ration card, then they have to fill application form as per the type of transfer.
Different Forms for Different Transfer Forms
There are different kinds of changes done in ration card like transferring members of one ration card to another due to some special circumstances. Some of the transfer forms purpose are:
- Application form for transferring members of ration card to another state.
- Application form for transfer of ration card to another state.
- Transfer of ration card to another taluk.
- Ration card members to another taluk.
Transfer Application Form: Application Process
- Firstly, visit the civil supplies official website if want to form online else go to the nearest TSO office for an application form.
- Once, you get into the official website click on Ration Card Application Form from the main menu.
- Now, among so many new options select the transfer form you want to apply for.
- Print the application form and fill in the relevant details.
- Additionally, attest the required documents with the form.
- Then submit it to the nearest TSO.
- After submission, verification of details takes place.
- Once, verification is completed in official sectors.
- Finally, the transfer process is completed if approved by the officials.
All the others process of Ration Card are carried same way through printing out the form and filling it. Later, submitting it to TSO for verification.
Renewal of Kerala Ration Card
Renewal of Ration Card through Online portal:
- Visit the official website of civil supplies of Kerala.
- Accordingly, select the option services from the main menu.
- A drop-down menu will appear, Click on option Ration Card Renewal.
- Many options regarding renewal will appear on the screen.
- Select the options user to seem as deemed for themself.
- Then print out the particular renewal form and fill in the details.
- Now, attest the relevant documents to the form.
- Then, submit it to the Official office nearest to you.
- Verification of details will be carried out.
- After verification, the renewal process will be completed.
How to check Kerala Ration Card Details in online Portal?
The Ration Card holder in Kerala can check there Ration Card details through the civil supplies official website.
- Firstly, visit the civil supplies official website of the concerned state.
- Secondly, select the Ration-card Details option from the option given above main menu.
- Once, clicked it opens a dialogue box.
- Accordingly, fill the ten-digit ration-card number in the box.
- Enter Captcha and click on submit.
- After submitting the details will appear on your screen.
How to check Kerala Ration Card Application Status?
The applicant who wants to check their application forms whereabout can check on application status .
- At first, visit the civil supplies official website of the concerned state.
- Now, from the option given above the main menu select the Application status.
- Immediately, after clicking on the option a new dialogue box will appear.
- The user needs to enter the application number on the option in the dialogue box.
- Then, enter the captcha and submit it.
- hence, after submission, details regarding your application form will appear on the screen.
For having trouble while filling form or any public complain regarding ration card or any other can be submitted on the Grievance Redressal option.
- For filing online complain, user needs to visit the official website of civil supplies.
- Subsequently, after opening the main website click on Grievance Redressal option.
- Immediately, the Grievance portal will open.
- Then, click on Submit your grievance option from the main menu.
- On clicking it, an on-screen Declaration will appear where you have to agree.
- Then, Submit the declaration.
- Now, the Grievance form appears on the screen which needs to be filled with relevant details, such as:
– Address of applicant
– Details of Grievance
– Related previous year reference if any
– Attach supporting document
- Therefore, after filling the details, Either Validate or Submit the form.
- Your grievance is further directed into verification to authorities.
Give-Up Ration (New Option)
The pandemic has caused dis-functioning in all the pillars of society. Due to the shortage of food grains government asked people who could buy their commodities at market price to give up their ration to a family who needs it. The give up ration will provide ration to another ration cardholder for 6 months. After 6 months you will get a ration as were provided before.
The people who can afford to buy ration at market price gave up ration for poor economy people. Hence, giving a helping hand in the tough times.
Once the ration has been waived, one can apply for the ration only after 6 months. The ration cards will be transferred to general category ration card no matter which category it belonged to before giving up.
Ente Ration Card (Mobile App) for Kerala
Ente Ration Card is a mobile app introduced by the government of Kerala for accessing ration card information easily. App provides registered user with information such as:
- Deatils of members of Ration Card holder
- Ration Card application status.
- The monthly allocation to the card holder
- Information on varied topics
- Secure the access information
|Kerala Civil supplies official website||Click here|
|Kerala AePDS website||Click here|
|Kerala Grievance Redressal portal||Click here|
|Kerala Akshaya||Click here|
|Kerala Akshaya Website||Click here|
|Department of Consumer Affairs||Click here|
|Ente Ration Card (mobile app)||Click here|
The applicant can apply from the civil supplies website for a e-ration card either online or by printing out the main form and submitting it to nearest TSO with relevant documents.
Akshaya centres have been established under the e-governance initiative of govt., bringing citizen services to citizens doorstep. Hence, connecting citizen by information and making Kerala a digital state. Thus, Akshaya provides services with clarity to each citizen.
During the pandemic the scarcity of food grains for the poorly led government to introduce this scheme. Accordingly, a citizen can give up the ration for the next 6 months to more needy people. In addition, they will receive their ration after 6 month period.
The government of Kerala has launched Ente Ration Card a mobile app through which citizens can also see information. To inspect information regarding the Ration Card at one platform.
It may vary in accordance to government announcement. However as of now, it is Rs.5.
Yes it is a must to link an Aadhaar card to a ration card. It benefits as it works three ways connecting ration card-aadhar card-bank details at one go.
The applicant has to first login to citizen login on the civil supplies official website of Kerala state.
Certainly, as all forms are available on the civil supplies website. Yes transfer can be done through online mode too.
It may take 15-20 days after validation and verification process of ration card.