Karnataka Surya Raitha Application form: Karnataka Surya Raitha Scheme is one of the various schemes introduced by the government of Karnataka for the agricultural sector of the state. For the first time in the ever so long history of Karanataka, the government has initiated the upgrading of the farmers in the field of irrigation through Solar Power Development thus, leading to the birth of a power project known as Surya Raitha. Karnataka Surya Raitha Scheme provides extra income to the farmers in order to grow solar energy as a moneymaking principal crop.
The Karnataka Surya Raitha Scheme is based on a unique idea of power irrigation pump set of farmers by using solar energy as the primary source has been implemented for the first time in India. Surya Raitha Scheme is the third alternative for solar power generation. Together with it, it also has advantages of Prayas as well as CSE proposals, in addition, many more.
In this article, more interesting and detailed information will be provided in the simplest and most understandable format. All the questions related to the scheme will be answered here. The basic idea of the Surya Raitha Scheme combining capital cost subsidy with the guaranteed surplus source of solar power etc will be explained down below, so do read the article till the end.
Karnataka Surya Raitha Scheme 2022
The Karnataka Surya Raitha Scheme is a new beneficiary scheme for the farmers especially, those farmers who have no way to get power supply for their farms. This scheme even makes the farmers free from high-paying electricity bills. Ministry of New and Renewable Energy is providing the farmers with solar-based pumps on subsidy.
|Name||Karnataka Surya Raitha Scheme (ಕರ್ನಾಟಕ ಸೂರ್ಯ ರೈತಾ ಯೋಜನೆ)|
|Introduced by||Government of Karnataka|
|Handled under||Ministry of New and Renewable Energy|
|Mode of Application||Offline/Online|
|Introduced for||Farmers of the State|
|Scheme Under||State Government|
|Category||Karnataka Govt. Scheme|
|Notification Number||EN 21VSC 2014|
|Scheme launched on||19th January 2019|
|Product||Solar Pump for farming|
|Benefits||Solar water pump as well as subsidy from MNRE|
|Purpose||To provide maximum electricity to the agricultural department|
Importance of Karnataka Surya Raitha Scheme
The Karnataka Surya Raitha Scheme is beneficial for farmers, being the pillar of the society they still suffer from so many problems. Therefore, the government is trying to encourage the farmers to use power by arranging a better irrigation method so that water can be conserved effectively. Whereas, the electricity will be earned from the solar panels through power generation. This is not only encouraging farmers but also providing a solution to their energy shortage crisis.
In order to make farmers’ life better in all aspects, the government provided a new scheme to all the farmers in the state so they could earn more and grow more crops as production. The covid-19 has affected farmers more than others. To make everyone get stable and safe, first farmers are needed to be kept safe and provided with more schemes for more production to make every other category of people safe. Especially in coronavirus pandemics.
Eligibility criteria to apply
- Must be citizen of the state.
- Must be a farmer
- Must have enough land so that solar panel could be installed there
- Must be using and work in accordance with Agribusiness
Important details about Surya Raitha Yojana
Some information to look through about Surya Raitha Scheme.
- The Surya Raitha Scheme is set under small PV power plant on Net metering basis.
- Using this scheme farmer can earn Rs 50,000 per annum if have 10kWp Solar Power
- It adds to the farmer’s revenue by adding self-consumption for irrigation
- The State of Karnataka is providing free power to the agriculture sector
- If an excess solar generation is available then it is pumped to the grid further added to generation capacity to the grid installing making it a source of revenue for the farmer.
- This is basically for irrigation pump sets on the dedicated agricultural IP feeders
- It’s only sanctioned for IP that’s set to the extent of 10 HP capacity with the solar generation of 10Kwp.
- All the solar pump set installation is provided with a net metering facility.
- All concepts announced by KERC should be followed
- Monthly consumption has to be properly accounted
- Also, the commercial settlement should be done half-yearly
- Farmers can even get a soft loan from banks for investment
- Farmers can be availed subsidy from MNRE
The Karnataka government launched the scheme to offer photo voltaic powered pumps units to the farmers. Banglore Electricity Supply Company (BESCOM) provides interest-free loans and various subsidies.
This scheme helps farmers in irrigation services as they would not be required to change the IP sets again and again. It also regulates the wastage of water. The government is trying to solve farmer’s irrigation as well as power supply problems with regulatory income. Therefore, the government has started changing the present irrigation IP for saving electrical energy generated.
The scheme was introduced by the Karnataka Government to promote photovoltaic water pumps and to present nonstop energy to farmers. This has been providing a huge helping hand in increasing farmers’ earnings too.
Objective of BSECOM
The purpose set by BSECOM are –
- Merging various subsidies for farmers
- Providing soft loans to farmer’s interest-free
- Buying agreement for almost a time period of 25 years
- To provide enough energy to pump units.
- To set up pump units farmers should provide free lands
- The PV system should be protected by the framers
- Identification Proof Such as Aadhaar Card
- Land Documents Proof
- Passport size photo
- Details of Bank account
- Proof of residence
- Mobile Number
Application Form of Karnataka Surya Raitha Scheme
How to apply for the Surya Raitha Scheme through the online portal is stated below:
- Visit the official website of Karnataka Surya Raitha Scheme.
- Then from the homepage, click on Online Application for Off Grid Solar Water Pumping System under PM-KUSUM Component – B
- It will lead you to the application form.
- Now fill in the required details of the application form such as
- Applicants name
- Father’s or Husband Name
- Start Date
- Aadhaar Card Number
- Bank Account details
- Farmers land information
- Caste Certificate
- Ration card details etc
- After checking through the details , click on submit button.
Solar Pump Subsidy
To carry out this scheme towards a fruitful outcome for farmers, the government of Karnataka will join hands with Harobele Surya Raitha Vidyuthchakthi Balakedarara Sangha Niyamitha Society.
The scheme is set up in 4 phases as shown below:
|Phase||Pumps Number||Price/Pump |
|Budget of State|
|Progress till Nov 2019|
|Contact Number||080- 22207851/ 22208109|
|Address||Room No. 236, 2nd Floor, Vikasa Soudha, Dr||B.R Ambedkar Street, Bangalore – 560 001.|
|Official Website||Click here|
|Another Official website||Click here|
|State portal||Click here|
|Karnataka Voter List 2022||[Apply Now] SSP Scholarship Karnataka 2022|
Basically, Karnataka Surya Raitha Scheme’s key purpose is to provide solar water pump sets to farmers to get solar energy generation with many more benefits.
This scheme is only for farmers that also farmers having land enough to set up the solar pumps.
If the farmers have 10 kWp Solar power can earn about Rs 50,000 per year other than self-consumption for irrigation.
The government of Karnataka not only initiated many such schemes as Surya Raitha Scheme is the third scheme introduced but also states provides free power to the agriculture sector.