Andhra Pradesh Government offers a large number of scholarships for the welfare of the poor and meritorious students of the state. Jnanbhumi is an important platform that makes access to these beneficiary schemes easy for each eligible student of the state. Through Jnanabhumi Scholarship, eligible students get financial assistance so that they can continue their studies and can excel in their academics. In this article, you will find crucial information about all the AP scholarships provided under the Jnanabhumi Scholarship portal. While going through the portal, you are going to see details about Jnanabhumi scholarship types, eligibility, documents required, the application process, renewal, status etc.
Table of Contents
Jnanabhumi is basically an online platform for the smooth implementation of all the scholarship schemes launched by the Government of Andhra Pradesh. The portal ensures the transparent implementation of scholarships and other education-based activities in the state.
|Category||AP Govt Scheme|
|Concerned Authority||Andhra Pradesh State Minorities Finance Corporation Ltd. (APSMFC), Govt. of Andhra Pradesh|
|Launch date||May 2017|
|Scholarships Offered||Post Matric and Pre-Matric|
|Beneficiary||Students of the state|
Objectives of Jnanabhumi Scholarship
- Single portal for disbursement of various scholarships to all the students coming form various communities
- To ensure equal opportunities of education for all in the state.
- Ensure timely disbursement of scholarship benefit to beneficiaries.
- To promote increased accountability and transparency in the disbursement process.
- To act an epicentre of education and welfare system of the state and to the complete activities of student lifecycle.
Types of Jnanabhumi Scholarships
Two main scholarships in India are also offered in other states. Similarly, these two scholarships are also offered in Andhra Pradesh through the Jnanabhumi Portal. These Scholarships include-
- Pre-Matric Scholarship
The pre-Matric scholarship is provided by the Government to support the children of the SC/ST/Disabled category studying in class V- X. Under this scheme, financial support from the government is provided to the parents of these students so that dropout rates can be minimized and their participation in education can be enhanced.
This scheme is meant for all the students of aforesaid categories enrolled in various schools run by the Govt and different local bodies.
- Post Matric Scholarship
Another scholarship is post-matric scholarship. As the name suggests it is disbursed to the students who have completed high school and are in higher secondary for pursuing higher studies in the state.
It is offered under two further categories viz.-
– Jagananna Vidya Deevena– Under this a full reimbursement to all the eligible students is provided. The complete school/college fee is deposited at the account of the respective college on the behalf of the student.
– Jagananna Vasathi Deevena- Under this scheme, an amount of Rs.10000/-, Rs.15000/- and Rs.20000/- will be provided to students pursuing ITI, Polytechnic and other Degree programs respectively. The benefit will be disbursed to the bank account of the mother of the beneficiary student. In case of the demise of the mother, it will be transferred to the guardian of the student.
Eligibility for Jnanabhumi Scholarship
Eligibility is a significant factor that must be checked before going to apply for any scheme or scholarship. Only eligible students can submit applications for Jnanabhumi Scholarship. Eligibility criteria vary for both Pre-Matric and Post-Matric scholarship.
Check the eligibility details of both the scholarships given below-
- Students belonging to SC/ST/Disabled/BC Category are eligible to apply.
- The annual family income of the family should not be more than 2 lakhs
- SC/ST and Disability category students can apply for only 5th to 10th class.
- Backward Class students are eligible only for 9th and 10th.
Who is eligible?
- All the students who are enrolled in ITI, Polytechnic, Degree or above program in any of the recognized govt./ govt. aided or private college.
- All the day scholars, students enrolled in DAH (Dept. Attached hostels) and in CAH (College Attached Hostels) are eligible to apply.
- Students must have 75% attendance in aggregate.
- Annual Family income should be equal to less than 2.5 lakhs.
- Family of beneficiary should own a total landing holding of more than 10 acres.
- No family member of the student should be a income tax payee
- No member in the beneficiary family should own a four-wheeler except Auto/tractor/Taxi.
- A family without any property or property less than in an area of 1500 sqr ft. in urban area an apply.
- No member in the family should be employee in any of the govt. service.
Who is not eligible?
- Students of Private or deemed universities are not eligible
- Any student who is admitted under sports or management quota
- Students who have opted for distance education or correspondence course are ineligible
Candidates are required to submit the following documents at the of application for the Jnanabhumi Scholarship-
- School certificate/marksheets of the qualifying exam
- Income Certificate issued by competent authority
- Bonafide Certificate
- Photocopy of Bank pass book
- Proof of residence
- Aadhaar card/ Identity proof
- Caste certificate/ Minority Community Declaration
Application procedure for Jnanabhumi Scholarship
Check the application process for both Pre-Matric and Post Matric Jnanabhumi Scheme shared here in this section below-
Pre-Matric Scholarship Application Process
- For fresh application visit the official portal of Jnanabhumi.
- Click on “Pre-Matric Scholarship” option on the homepage.
- Select “How to apply” tab.
- Read all the necessary instructions.
- Click on the application link given there.
- Fill the application form by providing all the accurate details.
- Upload the requisite documents in prescribed format.
- Submit the application form.
- Application ID will be generated. Keep this id safe for further references.
- After application submission, application form will be verified and approved by the concerned respected Hostel Welfare Officer (HWO)
- After confirmation from the officer, scholarship will be sanctioned.
Post-Matric Scholarship Application Process
- Visit the official portal of Jnanabhumi.
- Click on “Post-Matric Scholarship” option.
- Go to “How to Apply” section.
- Download the application form by clicking the respective link. Application form can also be collected from concerned school/ college.
- Fill the application form correctly and submit it to the principal of the college.
- Application form will be verified by the principal and submitted through Jnanabhumi portal.
- After successful submission a confirmation message will be sent to the student.
- Now, students have to visit MeeSeva portal. Using application id and Aadhaar they need to open the application form.
- Students have to verify the details and have to provide their biometric authentication.
- Finally, application will be submitted.
Jnanbhumi Scholarship Application Renewal
Those who are already availing Jnanbhumi scholarship have to renew the scholarship every year. The renewal process for both the scholarships is similar to it for fresh applications.
For Post-Matric Renewal Applications-
- Visit the principal of the concerned school/college.
- Principal will update the details of the current year. After submission of details, student will receive a confirmation message.
- Students have to check the details and have to provide biometric authentication.
For Pre-Matric Renewal Applications-
- Click on Renewal registration form.
- Enter application no. and Aadhaar no of previous year.
- Student’s details will appear, they can make changes if required.
- Submit renewal application
- Application will be confirmed by the HWO and will be forwarded to DWO.
- After confirmation from DWO, scholarship will be sanctioned.
How to check Jnanabhumi Scholarship Application Status?
After successful submission of the application form, students can also track their application status through the portal. They can take help from the simple process given as under-
- Start by clicking on Application Status link given below under the quick link section.
- Application status search page will open.
- Enter Application Id and click on Get Application Status button.
- Application status will open.
- Check the details.
For any kind of support related to the Jnanabhumi Scholarship, students can contact at-
Toll-Free No.- 1902
Through the Jnanabhumi scholarship portal, students can avail pre-matric and post-matric scholarships.
Yes, 75% attendance of students is a must to avail the scholarship.
It is allotted to SC, ST, Backward Classes, EBC, Kapu, Differently-Abled, and Minorities communities of the state.
Yes, students who are already availing of the benefit have to fill renewal application form every year. The renewal application process is discussed above in this article.