To endorse digitization in the country, PM Narendra Modi launched a portal named istem “India Science Technology & Engineering Facilities Map Portal”. For building an uncommon “One Nation One Research Web Portal”, authorities of the Principal Scientific Adviser initiated the I-STEM website.
If you are searching for more interesting information like this, then we recommend candidates go through with this post and perceive all the details about the I-STEM website.
As everyone knows, India is among those countries that are the swiftest expanding digital consumer markets. In all measures, India is on its way in order to become an upper-level digital country in the world. Interest websites are considered of great value to companies for around 2 decades in digitized India.
Table of Contents
What is istem.gov.in Portal?
On 3rd January, the Honourable PM of India introduced the I-STEM (107th Edition of the Indian Science Congress) portal in Bangalore. This portal generally links resources and researchers and also includes details of all research and development facilities present in different institutions across the country.
The I-STEM website is developed and managed by the Nanoscience Centre of the Indian Institute of Science located in Bengaluru. The IP of this portal is well-protected and provides complete transparency. In addition, this website also proffers R&D facilities and live inventory in the industry, national labs, and academia.
I-STEM is a kind of entry portal for researchers or users to find the type of facility required for their R&D. Furthermore, to get search for the closest and soonest location of their desired facility. After getting the facility, users can reserve it for themselves by paying a specific amount.
I-STEM Portal Benefits
The significant advantage of implementing I-STEM is that it associates researchers with resources. With the assistance of this online website, users can easily find the resources or equipment that are present nearest to them. They can make a reservation for that particular resource/ facility in which they are interested. istem.gov.in portal holds the database, which comprises information regarding facilities distributed all over the country.
Features of istem.gov.in Portal
There are several specialities of the I-STEM portal which every candidate must know. In this portion of the article, we have given the list of features of the I-STEM website.
- Facility Map
- Equipment Details
- Name of Institutions
- Research and Development Map
- Supplier Map
- S and T Cluster
- Library of Standards
- Digital Catalogue
- Service Map
- FBR (Facility Booking Record) Status, etc
Registration Process of istem.gov.in Website?
Keen aspirants who are willing to know about the registration process can take a view of this section. Here we have mentioned some easy steps by implementing which aspirants can simply get themselves registered.
- In the beginning, users have to visit the official portal of I-STEM i.e. istem.gov.in.
- The home screen of the portal will be displayed on your screen.
- Click on the “Register” button present at the top of the homepage.
- Next, select the appropriate option among these three- Institution registration, Researcher registration or Supplier registration.
- After choosing the “Researcher Registration” option, a registration form will open where applicants have to insert their personal and other details.
- Then, enter your academic details and submit the form.
- In a few moments, your login id and password will be sent to your given email id.
- Save the details for the login procedure.
Procedure of online Login at istem.gov.in Portal
For login, aspirants have to execute the process illustrated below.
1st Step – Initially, candidates have to open the I-STEM official website.
2nd Step – Hit the “Login” button given at the top of the homepage.
3rd Step – The login page will flash on your screen in which applicants have to enter their username, password, and captcha that is given on the screen.
4th Step – Complete your online login by pressing the login button.
I-STEM Mobile Application
Along with the online portal, authorities have also launched an I-STEM mobile application easily available in the play store. The essential steps to download I-STEM mobile app are explained in the upcoming section of this article. Follow these steps and get the app on your mobile phone.
- At first, applicants are required to open their mobile phones.
- Then, visit the “Play Store” application.
- Next, applicants have to type “I-STEM“in the search box of the application.
- After that, click the “Install” button, and the app will start downloading.
- Once downloading of the I-STEM app will be completed, then you can install it and use its amazing features on your phone.
Few Important Links
istem.gov.in Portal Related FAQs
Yes, to check the list of equipment we have given the link above that will redirect to the equipment page.
The only mission of the I-STEM website is to furnish a gateway for researchers to search the resources for their research and development.
For viewing the digital catalogue, you need to open the official website and move your cursor to the home button. A drop-down box will open from where you can select the “Digital Catalogue” option and view its details.
After visiting the I-STEM portal, hit the “People” link from the menu bar and get the “Experts” option. Details of experts will be presented on your screen.