Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao is a flagship program by the Government of India that aims to provide security to the girls of the nation and encourage them to acquire education. Many states like Maharashtra, Haryana, Rajasthan, West Bengal, Madhya Pradesh, Karnataka, etc. have launched their own schemes to benefit the daughters of their state. In 2019, the Gujarat government has also launched a scheme, Gujarat Vahali Dikri Yojana under the aegis of the Beti Bacho Beti Padhao campaign. The article below guides the readers to retain the knowledge of this state scheme and get its benefits for the girl-child.
Gujarat Vahli Dikri Yojana
The Government of Gujarat has taken various steps and measures for the empowerment, safety, healthcare, and education of the women of the state. Launched on 2nd August 2019, Gujarat Vahali Dikri Yojana is an effort of the state government towards the same.
Vahali Dikri Yojana is a flagship program to support the daughters of the state at every step of their lives. Under the scheme, monetary benefits are granted to the beneficiaries for education and marriage. The scheme envisions ensuring a bright and promising future for the females of the state.
ગુજરાત વહાલી દિકરી યોજના રાજ્યની દીકરીઓને લાભ આપવા માટે એક મહિલા સશક્તિકરણ યોજના છે. આ યોજના આ છોકરીઓને તેમની શાળા અને ઉચ્ચ શિક્ષણ પ્રાપ્ત કરવામાં આર્થિક મદદ કરે છે. ઉપરાંત, તે તેમના લગ્ન માટે કેટલાક ભંડોળ પૂરું પાડે છે. આ યોજના રાજ્યની પુત્રીઓનું ઉજ્જવળ અને આશાસ્પદ ભાવિ સુનિશ્ચિત કરવાની કલ્પના કરે છે.
An annual budget of Rs. 133 crore has been set for the Gujarat Vahli Dikri Yojana by the state government. The scheme is monitored and regulated by the Women and Child Development Department, Government of Gujarat.
Brief Description of the Gujarat Vahli Dikri Yojana
|Article Category||Gujarat Govt Scheme|
|Name of the Scheme||Vahli Dikri Yojana (વહાલી દિકરી યોજના)|
|Launched on||2nd August 2019|
|Launched by||CM, Sh. Vijay Rupani|
|Higher Authority||Government of Gujarat|
|State Department||Women and Child Development Department|
|Beneficiaries||Girls of the state|
|Objective||To educate the girl child and assure a bright future for them|
|Benefits||Relevant financial assistance for school/ higher education and marriage|
|Official Website||To be Announced (check info at: gujaratindia.gov.in)|
Objectives of the Gujarat Vahali Dikri Yojana
Provided are the major objectives of the Gujarat Vahli Dikri Yojana. Check below.
- Women Empowerment.
- Encourage girls to continue to acquire education.
- Reduction in the girls’ dropout rates from the schools.
- Improve the sex ration across the state.
Benefits of the Gujarat Vahali Dikri Yojana
As mentioned earlier, monetary benefits are served to the eligible beneficiaries under the Vahli Dikri Scheme of Gujarat. The details regarding the same have been mentioned below.
- For the girls entering 1st class, financial aid of Rs. 4000 will be provided to the parents of the child.
- For the girls entering 9th class, financial aid of Rs. 6000 will be given.
- At attaining the age of 18 years, Rs. 1 lakh will be granted to the girl child for her higher education and marriage.
Apart from the above monetary benefits, the state has witnessed a rapid decline in the dropout rates of the girl students after 10th and 12th.
Who can apply for the Gujarat Vahli Dikri Yojana?
If you are a parent to a girl child in the state of Gujarat, you must go through the following eligibility standards so as to apply for the benefits of the Vahli Dikri Yojana.
- Firstly, the scheme is applicable only to the permanent residents of the Gujarat state.
- Only the first two girl children of a parent can avail of the scheme benefits.
- The net family income of the applicant must not exceed the value of Rs. 2 lacs.
- The applicant must possess an account in any recognized bank under his/ her name.
List of Documents Required
Below is the list of the essential documentation required to apply for the Gujarat Vahli Dikri Scheme.
- Child’s Birth Certificate
- Parent’s ID Proof
- Domicile Certificate
- Income Certificate
- Bank account details
- Recent photographs
Application process to apply for Gujarat Vahli Dikri Yojana
As of now, the Government of Gujarat has defined an offline application procedure to apply for the Vahli Dikri Yojana. The authrorities is also planning to digitalize the whole process by launching an online portal for the scheme. Details about the same will be uploaded here as soon as it is established. However, we have shared an expected procedure for the scheme application.
Online Application Procedure-
- Go to the official website of the Vahli Dikri Yojana.
- Search for the Gujarat Vahli Dikri application form.
- Fill in the particulars in the corresponding fields.
- Upload the scanned images of all the supporting documents.
- Finally, submit the application form.
Offline Application Procedure-
- Visit the District Officer of the Women and Child Development Department.
- Obtain a Gujarat Vahli Dikri Applictaion form from the conerned office.
- Mention your necessary details.
- Attach the self-attested copies of the required documents.
- Submit the same and receive an acknowledgment slip from the authorities.
Gujarat Vahli Dikri Yojana Application Form
|Official Website of the Vahli Dikri Yojana||Available soon|
|Vahli Dikri Yojana Application Form||Click here|
|Women and Child Development Department, Gujarat||Click here|
|Other Gujarat Govt Schemes|
Frequently Asked Questions
Women and Child Development Department, Govt of Gujarat.
The sanctioned amount under the Vahali Dikri Scheme will be transferred to the bank account of the applying parent.
There is no such defined application fee for the scheme.
As of now, no online portal of the Gujarat Vahli Dikri Scheme has been developed by the Gujarat govt