Chandigarh Ration Card List 2021 | Application Form | Status BPL APL Ration Card | Online Apply | www.chandigarh.gov.in | www.chdfood.gov.in
Ration Cards form an essential component of the Public Distribution System (PDS) in India. Chandigarh Ration Card is issued to the residents by their respective state government. Under the directions of the state government, the people of Chandigarh can purchase food supplies at a subsidized price range.
Chandigarh New Ration Cards are being issued by the state to avoid any kind of discrepancy in the system. Thereby, ensuring the true and proper supply of food to the needy. In this article, we are giving out information on the Chandigarh Ration Card List for 2021. Readers will also get information on how to apply for the New Ration. Check Eligibility and more.
Chandigarh Ration Card
|Article Category||Chandigarh Govt. Scheme|
|Name of the Article||Ration Card List 2021- Apply Online|
|Authority||Government of Chandigarh|
|PDS Department||Department of Food and Supplies|
|Types of Ration Card||BPL: Below Poverty Line|
APL: Above Poverty Line
AY: Annapurna Yojana
AAY: Antyodya Anna Yojana
|Application Mode||Offline/ Online|
Type of Chandigarh Ration Card
In our country, Ration Cards are also essential documents that serve as Identity Proof. There are different types of Ration Cards provided as per the schemes of the centre as well as the state. For the people of Chandigarh, the state government approves many types of Ration Card with specifications for each to avail the benefits.
Based on the Income Limit of the citizens, there are two basic types of ration card. These are listed below along with the benefits.
|Type||Income limit/ Specifications||Benefits|
|Below Poverty Line (BPL)||The yearly family income of the beneficiary must be lower than INR 10,000.||Rice- 25 Kg (on one card)|
Sugar- 1 Kg
|Above Poverty Line (APL)- White Card||The yearly family income of the beneficiary can be above INR 1 Lakh.||–|
Others Ration Card distribution based on the ongoing schemes of the department are given below along with the benefits for each.
|Annapurna Yojana (AY)||-For Marginal Farmers|
-Terminally ill persons
-Houses with one disabled adult with no source of financial support.
|-Free 10 Kg Food Grain/ month.|
|Antyodya Anna Yojana (AAY)||-For poor old age people above 65 years with no financial source. |
-The person must not be a beneficiary under the National Old Age Pension Scheme or any other State Pension Scheme.
|-35 Kg Wheat for each ration card.|
Subsidized Commodities under Chandigarh Ration Card
|Rice||6.02 per kg|
|Wheat||3 per kg|
|Sugar||13.05 per kg|
|Oil||9.02 per litre|
Eligibility for Chandigarh Ration Card
To get the benefits of the Ration card for food procurement, the state government have some of the eligibility criteria. These criteria are essential to fulfil to issue the card to the citizen. The basic eligibility for the ration card issuance is generally the economic/ financial status of the beneficiary. Eligibility criteria for availing the benefits of the Chandigarh Ration Card are:
|Nationality||The beneficiary must be a citizen of India only.|
|Income Criteria||As per the APL or BPL income limit.|
|Other Specifications||The person availing the benefits of the card must not be another ration card.|
Documents Required for New Chandigarh Ration Card
Some documents are essential for any citizen to produce in case he wishes to become a beneficiary for the card. This documentation is an essential part of the process to enhance transparency in the distribution of food grain. Thus, as you fill in the application, the citizen will also have to submit these documents. Also, all of these certificates mentioned below must be essentially attested by a gazetted officer.
- Proof of Identity (Aadhar Card, Voter ID, Bill of Water/ Electricity, etc.)
- Residential Proof
- DOB (Date of Birth) Proof
- Certificate of Income
- Bank Passbook
- Photos of family members named on the Ration Card.
Documents for APL Ration Cards
- Group Family Photograph- 2 (Passport Size)
- If any citizen has migrated from any place in India to Chandigarh. The citizen will be needed to produce a Deletion/ Surrender Certificate from the place the family has migrated.
- Other documents mentioned above.
Documents for BPL Ration Cards
- Group Family Photograph- 2 (Passport Size)
- An affidavit
- The citizen seeking to procure the Ration Card must not possess any Colour Television, Scooter, Refrigerator.
- Also, his income must not be more than INR 300.19/ month/ capita.
These documents must be signed by the Counsellor for the Urban Area Residents. For the residents of the Rural areas, documents must be signed by the Sarpanch of the Village of the beneficiary.
Online application process for Chandigarh New Ration Card
Online application is available in the Department of Food and Public Distribution for the state of Chandigarh. The citizens can easily apply for a new ration card, following these steps:
- Visit the official webpage of the PDS department.
- On the Homepage of the Chandigarh state PDS, click on the option of Apply New Ration Card Online. Clicking on the option another option will open up for ‘New Ration Card Application Form‘. Click on that option.
- Another page will open up where you need to register yourself first by entering your credentials. After entering all the details and submitting the OTP, click on the Submit button.
- The application form will open up on your screen. Fill in the application form carefully and upload the application.
- On successful submission, an enrollment reference number will be created for you. Keep this reference number safe as it will be used to check the status and other related information.
The Application Form for the new ration card is also available on the Civil Supplies and Consumer Protection Department, official website. We are also linking the application form in the sections below. You download that as well.
How to Apply for Chandigarh BPL Ration Card?
The Application Process for a BPL Ration Card is similar to the APL Ration Card. To issue a new BPL ration card, the applicant can follow these steps and easily apply for it:
- Visit your Nearby District Supply Office.
- Procure the application form for the new ration card as per your category.
- Fill in all the details mentioned in the application form.
- Attach all the essential aforementioned documents for BPL Ration Card.
- Submit all the documents along with the application to the responsible authority.
- They will submit your application upon completing the verification with an acknowledgement slip. Keep this slip safe for future use.
Your ration card will be available to you within a few days and will be posted to your address in the application form.
How to apply for the Chandigarh APL Ration Card?
To apply for an APL card, residents of the state can follow these steps:
- Step 1: Visit the District Supply Office – The very first step to procure a BPL Ration card is to visit the Supply Office of your District. Visit your nearby supply department office of your area/ locality.
- Step 2: Secure and Fill the Application Form – The next thing you need to do is get an application form for yourself. Any official present in the office will provide you with the form. Fill up details in the application as required.
- Step 3: Attach the documents – The next you need to do as you finish up filling the application is to attach all the documents required to procure the Ration Card. You can check all the documents required for the APL Ration Card. Attach a copy of all of those documents along with the application.
- Step 4: Submit Application – Finally, as you are done with attaching all the essential documents and the application, submit the application to your nearest supply office to the District Food and Supplies Officer.
After you submit your application, you will get an acknowledgement slip. This slip will help you check your status online. Your ration card will be issued to you within a few days by the authority. You can then collect your new ration card from the same office only.
Check Chandigarh Ration Card Application Status
All the residents who apply for the ration card will also be able to check the progress of their application. This will be possible through the e-district portal. To check the status of your application, you can follow these steps:
- Visit the e-portal page of the Public Distribution System (PDS) email@example.com/CHD/epds. On the homepage, click on the option of ‘OTHERS‘.
- Clicking on the tab will open two options. Click on the option of ‘Ration Card Search‘
- On the homepage, click on the tab ‘Search your Ration Card Application‘.
- On the next directed page, click on the option of ‘Ration Card Application for other Requests‘.
- You will be directed to another page where you have to enter your application number.
- Enter your number and click on the Continue button.
- The status of your application will be available on your screen.
Your application number for the Ration Card will be available on your Acknowledgement slip/ receipt.
Check process for Chandigarh Ration Card List 2021
The ration Card List of all the applicants is out on the authority’s official website. The list will be in the form of a name list. To view the ration card name list, users can follow these steps.
- Go visit the official website of the authority as mentioned above.
- Click on the options of Others and click on ‘Ration Card Search‘.
- On the newly open pages, click on the option of ‘Search Ration Card with FPS‘.
- On the next page, enter information like the name of your district, ward, municipality, block. After that, Click on the search button.
- The list of names will be on your screen.
- Check the complete list for your name and the specifications against your name.
The list will contain some additional details like RC No., Family Name, type of card, UIID, etc.
Link to check the Chandigarh Ration Card List 2021- Beneficiary List
|Download the Ration Card Application Form (CHANDIGARH)||NEW RATION CARD|
|Affidavit for Chandigarh Ration Card||Get Here|
|BPL Card Application Form||Click Here|
For the applicants who migrated from the another state, the ration will be available to them within 12 working days.
The state does not have its own portal for the issuance of the ration card yet but the link to the official website of the department is present in the article.
Yes, the previous ration cards of the Migrated families will be cancelled to avoid any kind of malpractices.
Yes, yellow color ration cards are issued to the eligible beneficiaries.
The process to view the ration card list is available in the post. Residents of the state can follow these steps and view their name.
The authorities generally issue a duplicate ration within a week.
To add/ remove names in the card, the residents can contact their nearest food supply officer. With required document verification, the names are successfully added/ removed from the card within 5-6 days.
For any questions regarding the Chandigarh Ration Card post, readers can comment their queries below.