Basava Vasati Yojana
Basava Vasati Yojana, RGRHCL is an initiation on behalf of the Karnataka government to fight homelessness. Besides food, shelter is a basic need for all people. The statistics from a survey done by Housing Department show that Karnataka has 36.69 homeless people collectively in Rural and Urban areas. Basava Vasati Yojana is a State level housing program launched by the Government of Karnataka.
Central Government has done its bids to provide the poor people with pucca houses through Housing schemes such as; PMAY (Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana). Still, many states have initiated state-level housing programs to consolidate the effort. The rich and the bourgeois can build a house to live in, in their lifetime but the people who fall below the poverty line can only dream of having a house except for kutcha houses that are not permanent.
The primary aim of the scheme is to provide the Economically Weaker Section with housing facilities. This way they will have a permanent place to live. That is to say that they will be eligible for other government documentation as they will have permanent residence. Once they have a permanent address they will be able to benefit from other schemes of State Government.
Details about Basava Vasati Yojana
- Basava Vasati Yojana 2022 is a state government housing scheme for the homeless Citizens of Karnataka.
- In the year 2002, Karnataka Government Specifically created Rajiv Gandhi Rural Housing Corporation Limited (RGRHCL) for the purpose of Housing construction.
- The people belonging to the financially challenged section can get their houses built under reasonable prices.
- Chief Minister of Karnataka- B.S. Yediyurappa in his 2020-21 Budget had featured a budget of 2500 Crores for the construction of 2 Lakh houses.
- Karnataka Government has under it’s wings three other State Government funded housing schemes. They are : Dr. B. R. Ambedkar Niwas Yojana, Devaraj Urs Yojana, Vajpayee Nagar Vasati Yojana.
- In addition to this Central Government funded Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana PMAY also works in providing Housing schemes.
Karnataka Janasevaka Scheme 2022
Brief Overview of the Scheme
|Name of the Scheme||Basava Vasati Yojana 2022|
|Authority||Karnataka State Government|
|Official Online Portal||ashraya.karnataka.gov.in|
|Beneficiaries||People of Economically Weaker Section|
|Mode of Applying||Online|
|Scheme Criteria||Housing Scheme|
|Name of the Organization|| RGRHCL (Rajiv Gandhi Rural Housing |
Features and Benefits of Basava Vasati Yojana
- Above all, the financially weak citizens will be able to acquire houses to live in.
- The eligible applicants can get 85% of the raw material free of cost on behalf of the government.
- This will promote better living conditions for the economically poor sections of the Karnataka state.
- People who are not able to build a house for themselves will get financial help through the government for doing so.
- Providing housing facility for people below poverty line will subsequently promote cleanliness.
- With necessary sanitary steps, the spreading of diseases will decrease too.
- India altogether will grow with the living standardization of the less fortunate people.
- With the better living facilities, the mortality rate is sure to drop too.
Who are the Beneficiaries of Basava Vasati Yojana 2022?
- The Karnataka Citizens who fall below poverty line (BPL)
- Candidates belonging from Scheduled Castes (SC)
- Candidates belonging from Scheduled Tribes (ST)
- Other Backward Classes (OBC)
Only the people fulfilling the following criteria will be able to apply for the Basava Vasati Yojana.
- The Scheme is only applicable to the permanent Residents of the Karnataka State. Therefore, residents of other states currently residing in Karnataka are not eligible for the housing scheme.
- The Scheme is initiated for the up rise of people below poverty (BPL) line.
- Therefore according to the BPL Card guidelines, the annual income of the family must be from 27000 to 32000 and must not exceed that.
- Residents of Karnataka who earn more than the aforementioned criteria will be ineligible to obtain the financial aid for the construction of house.
- The applicant must not already have a pucca house in his name.
Documents Required to apply for RGRHCL
Following are the documents required to apply online for Basava Vasati Yojana :
- Personal Details of the Applicants
- Full name of the applicant
- Father’s name of the applicant
- Gender of the applicant
- Contact number of the applicant
- Aadhaar Card
- Address Proof/Domicile
- Age Proof
- Proof of Income
- Passport-Sized photo
- Category/Caste Certificate
- District and Village name
Application Procedure for Basava Vasati Yojana 2022?
The applying procedure for Basava Vasati Yojana 2022 is completely Online. Therefore interested candidates can apply by following easy steps. The website is available in both Kannada and English
- Firstly, Visit the Official Website of Karnataka Rajiv Gandhi Housing Corporation Limited, i.e. ashraya.karnataka.gov.in
- Find “New Application Form” Link on the homepage and click on it.
- Enter the details asked on the application form such as applicant’s name, age, Date of birth, address, Contact number etc..
- You will need to upload some documents such as Category Certificate, Domicile, address proof, income certificate etc..
- Therefore keep important documents ready at hand while filling the application form.
- Upload the documents in asked size and resolution.
- Double check all the details provided in the application form. The details should be true and correctly filled.
- When you’re finished click on the Submit button
Selection process for the Scheme
The process of Beneficiary selection differs based on residence. In Urban areas, the selection will be finalized by the Mayor on the other hand, by the Gram Panchayat in rural areas.
How to login to your profile in Basava Vasati Yojana
STEP I: Go to the official website of Basava Vasati Yojana Rajiv Gandhi Housing Corporation Limited.
On the homepage click on Login Menu on the dashboard.
Step II: You will be redirected to a new page where you have to choose your district from the drop-down list. Click on the Submit option after choosing your district.
STEP III: After clicking on Submit button, you will again be redirected to another page.
The page will be titled Rajiv Gandhi Housing Online Monitoring System (RGHOMS). Enter your User name and password. Click on Login and you will be logged in to the system.
Check Basava Vasati Yojana Beneficiary Status
- Firstly, visit the official website of Basava Vasati Yojana RGRHCL or you can click on the following link – Ashraya.karnataka.gov.in
- On the dashboard of the homepage, click on Beneficiary Status menu.
- You will see a new page where you have to choose your District from the drop-down menu.
- Enter your Beneficiary code in Second box.
- Click on the Submit button and the screen will display District-wise beneficiary status.
- You can also download the beneficiary report in pdf form for further uses.
How to check Name Correction Report ?
- First go to the official website of RGRHCL i.e. ashraya.karnataka.gov.in
- Choose the Report menu from the dashboard. Following page will appear on the screen.
- The next page displays the complete list of Name correction as well as their name correction status.
- The list will be district-wise and candidates may check their name by scrolling down.
- Candidate can choose between the Rural or Urban List based on their residential area.
How to check Beneficiary Grant Release Details?
If the candidate wants to check Beneficiary Grant Release details for Basava Vasati Yojana RGRHCL 2022, follow these steps:
- Firstly, go to the official website of Rajiv Gandhi Rural Housing Corporation Limited ashraya.karnataka.gov.in.
- On the Home Page screen look for ‘Grant Release Information‘ and click on it.
- Choose from the options of Rural / Urban and enter other details asked such as Calendar year, week no. and reference number.
- A pdf file will start downloading automatically.
- Save it on your device and read it with compatible application.
How to check Reports of Homeless families?
Rajiv Gandhi Rural Housing Corporation Limited also keeps records of homeless families. The record is the filtered data of all the people who lost housing due to some reason or were homeless from before. The statistics show the categories of these people. Follow these steps to check the list of homeless families.
- First, visit the official website of RGHCL by clicking on the following link- ashraya.karnataka.gov.in
- On the one side of the home page, Rural and on another Urban data is shown.
- Look for Report of Homeless Families on the section of your preference (Urban/Rural)
- Click on the option and the detailed list will be displayed on the screen.
- You can also download the the report on your device.
Mobile Application for RGRHCL
Rajiv Gandhi Rural Housing Corporation has released a new mobile application for various Housing schemes in Karnataka. Candidates can check their beneficiary status as well as upload the photos on the official website for clarification.
How to download Mobile Application for RGRHCL?
- First of all open Google Play Store application on your mobile phone.
- Enter “Indira Home App” in the search bar
- Choose the first option that appears on the screen among other applications.
- After that click on Install option and the application will therefore be installed on your device.
- Open the application and fill the asked details and the application is ready to use.
- Candidates can perform many tasks with the application such as Beneficiary list, Beneficiary Status, banking details as well as keeping track of one’s account. The link to the application is given below in the important links section.
Other Housing Schemes By Karnataka Government
Karnataka State Government has also initiated other housing schemes to make Karnataka a “Hutless State“. Financial Assistance of up to 2 Lakh rupees is implemented on the schemes below.
|Schemes||Name of the Schemes||Beneficiary & Financial Aid|
|Urban Schemes||1. Bajpayee Housing Scheme|
2. Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Housing Scheme
3. Devaraju Urs Special Housing Scheme
4. Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
|General – 1.20 Lakh|
SC/ST – 2 Lakh
Gen. – 1.20, SC/ST- 1.50
|Rural Schemes||1. B.R. Ambedkar Housing Scheme|
2. Devaraju Urs Special Housing Scheme
3. Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
SC/ST- 1.75 Lakh
Gen. – 1.20, SC/ST – 1.50 Lakh
Gen.- 1.20 Lakh, SC/ST – 1.50 Lakh
Important Links :
|Online Application||New Application form | Login|
|Beneficiary Status||Check Beneficiary Status|
|Name Correction Report||Name Correction Report|
|Beneficiary Grant Release Details||Grant Release Details|
|Mobile Application Link||Indira Mane App|
|Information on homeless families||Rural | City|
|Target Details||Rural | City|
|Payment Failure Details||Rural | City|
|Not Ok Details||Rural | City|
|Report of blocked Houses||Rural | City|
|Physical Progress details||Rural | City|
|GPS photos of Progress||Rural | City|
|Helpline Status||Helpline Status|
To sum up the scheme, it is better to say that this scheme by the Government of Karnataka will help the poor people by providing them with a roof over their heads. The honorable Chief Minister of Karnataka B.S. Yediyurappa has set on making Karnataka a Hutless State one house at a time. In the 2020-21 session budget he set aside 2500 Crore Rupees for the Construction of two lakh houses.
The scheme is also using GPS System based vigil to avoid any fraud or corruption in the allotment of the housing sites. This is done primarily to let funds release smoothly without any middlemen consuming anything from the fund. The success rate of the Scheme speaks volume as per official reports some 5 Lakh houses have been constructed to this date via the scheme. The government has declared housing as a priority area. Though the scheme has faced some irregularities and has a number of blocked houses, every day numerous efforts are being carried out to ensure that the poor would have a roof over their head.
How to contact RGRHCL?
Following is the phone number to contact the Rajiv Gandhi Rural Housing Corporation for any query or Other issue relating to Housing Scheme.
E-mail : [email protected]
Contact Center : 080-23118888
The application to register for Basava Vasati Yojana is available online on the official website of RGRHCL.
The benefit goes to the people belonging to the economically weaker section. These people cannot afford to build Pucca houses therefore government helps them do so.
Yes, the govt. of Karnataka has released a new mobile application named Indira Home App. It is available on the google play store.
The government provides 85% of the raw material free of cost under this scheme. In some areas, the 1.50 lakh rupee amount is allocated.
You can contact them via e-mail: [email protected] or via contact number: 080-23118888
The official Website for Basava is ashraya.karnataka.gov.in.
The process of selection is different in both Urban and Rural Areas. In Urban areas selection is done by the Mayor of a town. In rural areas, the selection is done by Gram Panchayat.
The people of SC/ST/OBC categories who fall under Economically weaker Section.
Once you enroll for Basava Vasati Yojana, wait for your name on the beneficiary list. After that prepare for further instructions through the official website. Or download the mobile app
Yes, the income of the candidate must not exceed 32,000 rupees.
Go to the official Website and click “Grant Release Information” from other options.