Aadhaar Card: People of every country are required to show evidence that they are legal residents of that nation by presenting certain documents, which again serve as the resident’s identification cards. Likewise, the Indian government also provides its citizens with several legal documents, including the Aadhaar card.
The authority responsible for issuing Aadhaar cards is the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) for all Indian residents with an identification number of 12 digits. With the help of this post, we will provide you with the whole guide regarding Aadhaar Card. Must examine the article till the end, and you will know more facts about the Aadhaar card.
About Aadhaar Card
In India, every person carries an Aadhaar along with them all the time. The UIDIAI is responsible for providing Aadhaar Cards to the eligible candidate. Citizens of India receive a 12-digit unique combination of numbers from the UIDAI once they successfully finish the verification procedures required for it.
An Aadhaar card represents a specific number that’s also unique to every individual. Any Indian citizen can freely apply for an Aadhaar number, irrespective of gender or age. During the 100% cost-free enrollment procedure, a small proportion of biometric and demographic information should be submitted by the resident wishing to register.
Aadhaar digits never make demographic accounts of citizens as per their income, health, gender, caste, address etc. People of India can make only single Aadhaar card by applying once. UIDAI never issue more than one Aadhaar card to any resident.
The uniqueness of Aadhaar comes with biometric and demographic de-duplication. The Aadhaar card comprises all information of an individual and keeps the details safe in the database managed by the government of India. With the help of the Aadhaar card, people can now avail of different types of government schemes.
Aim of Issuing Aadhaar Card
With the help of Aadhaar, the government of India aims to empower its citizens by granting them special identity proof. Also, they have developed a digital portal to apply for an Aadhaar card anywhere at any time.
Eligibility Standards for Aadhaar Card
Carefully read all the criteria elaborated in the following section. Only those people can submit the application form for Aadhaar card who fulfil the eligibility standards mentioned here. Since the Aadhaar number is not an ordinary one, it also acts as an important document in various sectors.
- Applicants must be a resident as well as residing in India can apply.
- Candidates who are not a citizen of India but living in India can apply.
Essential Certificates Needed for Aadhaar Card
The list of documents provided below shows the type of certificates you need to upload while applying for an Aadhaar. Must furnish the true copies only, otherwise, you will not get the Aadhaar card.
- Passport of Applicant
- NREGA Job Card
- Address Proof
- Photo Identity Cards provided by the Government
- Kissan photo passbook
- Pensioners’ Photo ID card
- Voter ID Card
- CGHS/ECHS Photo Card
- Ration Card
- Address Card including name and photograph given by the Department of Posts
- PAN card
For address proof, candidates can use these certificates
- Registration Document of Vehicle
- Bank statement,
- A letter signed by the bank with a photograph on the letterhead A Photo ID Card issued by PSU or a Photo ID by Govt
- Proof of Age
- Passport of Applicant
- Address card having a photograph provided by the Department of Posts
- Gas Connection bill (3 months older only is valid)
- A Letter signed by an identified institution with a photo
- Receipt of Property Tax (one year older is valid only)
- Passbook of Bank
- Ration card
For age proof, you can provide the documents mentioned below
- Passport of Applicant
- PAN Card
- Documents of DOB which are provided by a gazetted officer
- SSC Certificate of Candidate
- Payment Order or Pension by State/Central govt
- Mark Sheet is given by Govt Board or University
- Birth Certificate of Applicant
Documents for proving relationship with the family head
- Family entitlement certificate which is provided by the state/central government
- Passport of Applicant
- PDS Card of Candidate
- NREGA ob Card of Candidate
- Birth Certificate which is given by Municipal Corporation or Registrar of Birth or Local Government
E Aadhaar Download: ई -आधार कार्ड डाउनलोड कैसे करें 2023
Type of Aadhaar Caard
Aadhaar Card for Citizens of India: Every resident of India can have an Aadhaar. Applicants have to link their Aadhaar card with their PAN to file ITR.
Aadhaar Card for Children or Minors (Baal Aadhaar Card): As you know well that voter id is only available for 18+ but children whose age is below 18 years can enrol for Aadhaar Card. Even a newborn baby is eligible for Aadhaar. Once the child’s age reaches 5 to 15 years he/ she can update biometric details.
Aadhaar Card for NRIs: NRIs can also apply for an Aadhaar card in India. Adults and Minors NRIs must possess their recent Indian passport.
Procedure to Apply for Aadhaar Card
All people must know the advantages and significance of having an Aadhaar card. Along with it, most of the citizens also have an issue with how to obtain it, as well as the steps that must be taken.
If you are thinking of applying for an Aadhaar card or want to update it then you have to download the form from UIDAI’s official website. Otherwise, candidates can also go to the nearest Aadhaar registration centre and submit the registration form with the required documents.
Individuals who are registering for Aadhaar for the first time should submit the data required. People can also check their Aadhaar registration status through online mode. The Aadhaar card signup price for residents is 50 Rupees. In addition, whenever you wish to change the data on your Aadhaar, you are required to pay 100 Rupees for a biometric upgrade at an Aadhaar registration facility centre.
How to Check Aadhaar Status Online?
If you have enrolled for an Aadhaar, then you must be willing to know your Aadhaar status. To do so, you need to follow the procedure explained in the upcoming section.
- First, you have to open the official website of UIDAI on any suitable web browser.
- The homepage of the portal will appear on your display.
- On that page, you will see the menubar.
- Click the “My Aadhaar” option present on the menu and a dropdown box will slide down.
- There you have to “Check Aadhaar Status” link and open it.
- A new page will open on a new tab. Click the “Login” button.
- Now, you have to insert info like the Aadhaar number, and the captcha given on the screen.
- Hit the “Send OTP” tab and you will get OTP on your registered phone number.
- Insert the OTP and hit the “Login” button.
Procedure for Downloading Aadhaar Online
Once officials will complete the verification process and create your Aadhaar, you can download it from the official portal.
- Initially, applicants need to visit the UIDAI web portal.
- On the homepage, you will see the menu bar.
- Under the “My Aadhaar” option, you have to find the link named “Download Aadhaar Card”.
- A new tab will emerge on your device, click the login button on that page.
- Next, you have to insert the login details that are required for the login page.
- In a few moments, your Aadhaar will open.
- Check the complete information printed on the Aadhaar card and download it for future usage.
Process to find Nearest Aadhaar Center
If you don’t know any Aadhaar centres located near your locality, then this process will be going to help you.
- In the beginning, you need to go to the official UIDAI website.
- The landing page of the portal will appear.
- Click the “My Aadhaar” link given on the menubar.
- A drop-down box will pop up on your screen.
- Under “Update Your Aadhaar”, you will see the link “Update Aadhaar at Enrolment/ Update Center”.
- Hit the link, once you find it.
- A new page will open, and now you have three options to view the enrolment centre.
- PIN Code
- Search Box
- Select anyone among these three options and provide the required data on the screen.
- After entering the captcha given on the display, tap the “Locate a Centre” button.
- Lastly, a list of all the enrolment centres will appear on a new tab.
- Choose the nearest centre to your locality, and go there to complete the enrolment process.
Aadhaar Card DOB: आधार कार्ड में अपनी जन्म तिथि बदलें
How to Check Aadhaar Update Status Online?
If you have applied for an updation on your Aadhaar, then by implementing these steps you can easily view the update status.
- You are required to visit the UIDAI official web portal.
- Next, you have to search for the “Check Aadhaar Update Status” option present under the “My Aadhaar” link on the menubar.
- A new page will open on your tab, enter the info such as Enrolment ID, SRN or URN and Captcha.
- Hit the “Submit” button and view the status of your Aadhaar update.
If you have any queries related to a topic, then must write them in the comment box given below. We will try to provide solutions to your problems asap.
Official Link >>> UIDAI Portal
To check the status on mobile all you need to do is open the UIDAI official portal and follow the process given above.
The password of your e-Aadhaar will be the mix of the 1st four letters of your name (in Capital) and birth year (eg: 2001).
For printing the original Aadhaar card you need to visit the Aadhaar Enrolment Center and ask them to print it.