National Overseas Scholarship (NOS) 2023: The National Overseas Scholarship is to facilitate low-income students belonging to Scheduled castes, and identified nomadic and semi-nomadic tribes. The government of India has launched the NOS scholarship program for all the praiseworthy students, all those who are willing to get a better education for their future will be able to apply for the scholarship scheme by visiting the official website of the National Overseas scholarship i.e. nosmsje.gov.in. The portal will be open in February/ March 2023. And before applying for the scheme check out the instruction given on the official portal.
There are many scholarships scheme that has been introduced by the government for the betterment of students’ education. This scholarship is provided to students whose family can not afford their education due to their financial circumstances. Through this scholarship scheme, students will be able to pursue higher education like master’s degrees and postgraduate courses by studying abroad thereby improving their economic and social status.
National Overseas Scholarship 2023
The National Overseas scholarship scheme is available for all the low-category students, the government will be providing full study material to all the selected students. One who wants to apply for the scheme can do so by visiting the official website of the national Overseas scholarship. All the related information about the scholarship will be available on the official website. We will also be giving you the full details about the scholarship scheme. read the full article to know more about it.
National Overseas Scholarship 2023- Overview Table
|Article type||National Overseas Scholarship 2023|
|Name of the scheme||National Overseas Scholarship|
|Scheme launched by||The government of India|
|Beneficiary||All the poor students of the state|
|The objective of the scheme||Provide scholarships to all the low-category students for a better education.|
|Application mode||Online mode|
|Month||February/ March 2023|
National Overseas Scholarship 2023 Objective
The main purpose of introducing the National Overseas scholarship scheme was to provide better education to every low-category student. As there are many lower-category citizens in India who are financially poor and are unable to afford their child’s education. So to overcome their burden the government has released this scheme, and now every student will be able to fulfil their dreams. Awarding this scholarship scheme to eligible students will definitely improve their economic and social status.
Features And Benefits of National Overseas Scholarship 2023
Every student who is applying for the scholarship program will be given many advantages from the same. Check out the below-mentioned benefits of the scheme.
- All the citizens of India who belong to Scheduled caste, semi-nomadic and identified nomadic categories will be awarded the scholarship scheme.
- Students will be able to fulfil their dream by applying for the National Overseas Scholarship (NOS) 2023.
- Now the citizens do not have to worry about funds for their children’s education as the government will be taking care of the same.
- Each year 30% of the scholarships will be provided to the girls only.
- Candidates will get good opportunities to get admission to the top 500 foreign Institutes.
- If any student is already pursuing any bachelor’s course then he/ she will not be able to opt for the scholarship scheme.
- You will be able to apply for the scholarship scheme from anywhere with just one click.
- The National Overseas Scholarship portal will save a lot of time and energy and it will also bring transparency to the system.
Selection Procedure For National Overseas Scholarship 2023
All the applicants who get offers for admission in any of the foreign universities/ institutes which fall under the top 500 universities/ Institutes will be awarded the scholarship. The scholarship will be awarded for the year 2023- 24 and students after acquiring the scholarship will not be able to change it. If you have already opted for the scholarship or for a particular course and want to switch to another course then you have to apply again for the same.
The selection of the candidates will be done in two rounds, the selection of the candidates will be on the basis of the merit list. As per the latest ranking of QS ranking of foreign universities/institutes from where the applicants will receive the offer letters for admission shall be awarded the scholarship on the basis of the merit list. The applicant who is holding the offer letter for foreign universities/institutes will be given preference. And if in case there is a tie between the QS ranking of any two students then the preference will be given in order of their marks obtained in the qualifying examination for which the scholarship is been provided.
Eligibility Criteria For NOS 2023
Applicants who are applying for the scholarship have to match the eligibility criteria set for all the candidates. One who falls under the eligibility criteria will be able to apply for the scholarship program, check out the eligibility criteria for the same.
- Applicants applying for the scholarship must hold Indian Nationality.
- Only two children of the same family will be given the scholarship.
- The family income of the citizen shall not exceed 8 lakh per annum
- In order to get the scholarship, the applicant must score 60% or an equivalent grade in the qualifying examination.
- If the applicant is applying for PhD then the qualifying examination will be a master’s and for a master’s degree, the qualifying examination will be a bachelor’s.
- The age should not exceed more than 35 years
- The candidates will not be offered the scholarship if he/ she has pursued the same course from any University/ Institute in India or Abroad.
- No scholarship will be awarded to any candidates who have completed their abroad and have not completed the further formalities under the NOS scheme
Duration Of Award With Financial Assistance
The scholarship will be awarded to eligible students after the completion of their course or research. The extension of the stay beyond the prescribed period may be considered without financial assistance of any kind except the air passage to return to India. Check out the below-mentioned period for the same.
|P.hD course||04 years|
|Master’s degree||05 years|
How To Apply For The National Overseas Scholarship 2023?
All the applicants who are willing to apply for the scholarship program will be able to apply for the same. Before applying for the scheme make sure you go through the eligibility criteria mentioned above on this page. Here we have discussed the full procedure for application.
- To apply for the NOS, first, visit the official portal of the National Overseas Scholarship i.e. nosmsje.gov.in
- After you have landed on the portal then you have to tap on the Login option, available at the top of the main page.
- Then you will be taken to a new page where you are supposed to tap on the Register yourself option.
- Once you have clicked on the related option then you will be taken to a new page and there the registration form will appear before you.
- Now start filling out the details on the student registration form – name, e-mail id, mobile number, and date of birth.
- After you have entered the details then upload the required documents with the registration form
- After completing the procedure then enter the captcha code mentioned in the box.
- Then on the next page application form will appear before you, start filling out the application form and enter all the required details on it.
- After you have entered all the details then you have to upload the required documents along with the application form.
- Once you have completed filling out the application form then click on the submit option.
- By following the above procedure you will be able to apply for the National Overseas Scholarship.
Documents Required For National Overseas Scholarship 2023
There are some important documents that are required while filling out the application form, without uploading the documents the application will not proceed further. Here we have listed the documents.
- Class 10th board certificate
- Caste certificate
- A recently clicked passport-size photograph
- Current address proof/ permanent address proof (In case different from current)
- Qualifying degree/ Provisional degree
- Mark sheet of qualifying examination
- Valid documents regarding admission to a foreign university ( Application, registration, or admission-related documents)
- Income certificate
- ITR acceptance documents
- Employers’ NOC certificate if the applicant is employed
- Gap certificate if in case there is a gap of 6 months after completing the degree
NOS Category-Wise Distribution Of Slot
|Denotified, Nomadic, and semi-nomadic tribes||06|
|Landless agriculture labourers and traditional Artisans||04|
National Overseas Scholarship 2023 Scope
The scheme provides financial assistance to all the selected candidates, for pursuing master’s and PhD courses. The course is provided for an abroad Institute/university accredited by a government-authorized body, in that country in any field of study. There will be the distribution of 125 awards each year which will be given under this scheme.
Role Of Indian Mission
The Indian Mission plays one of the most important roles for students who will get the scholarship, the mission provides financial assistance for students’ tuition fee allowance. The allowance will be provided to all the students studying in their jurisdiction. If any of the students fail to complete the course then the applicant will become a defaulter and have to pay the full refund of the entire amount spent on him/ her for their course along with the interest.
If the head of the department of the candidate clarifies that the student did not show any interest in the studies then the ministry shall have the right to exempt him/ her from the penalty clause of defaulter under this scheme. In cases where after the completion of the course any of the applicants stay abroad for more than one month then the applicants have to stay there at their own expense. The progress of the candidate will be checked on a regular basis.
National Overseas Scholarship Financial Assistance
|Types of Assistance||United States of America |
and other countries except for the UK
|Annual Maintenance Allowance||15400 US dollars||99000 great Britain pounds|
|Contingency Allowance||1500 US dollars||1100 Great Britain pounds|
|Tuition Fee||Actual as charged||Actual as charged|
|Visa Fee||Actual visa fee in Indian Rupees||Actual visa fee in Indian Rupees|
|Medical Insurance Premium||Actual as charged||Actual as charged|
|Incidental journey allowance and equipment allowance||20 US dollars for each or its equivalent in Indian Rupee||20 US dollars for each or its equivalent in Indian Rupee|
|Air passage||The awardees shall be allowed to purchase air tickets from three authorized travel agents namely Balmer Lawrie & Company Limited|
(BLCL), Ashok Travels & Tours (ATT),
Indian Railways Catering and Tourism
Corporation Ltd (IRCTC).
Written tickets will be booked by Indian Mission.
The scholarship holder will be asked for reimbursement for the airfare after they have reported to the college and provided the joining report from the University.
|Same as the United States of America|
Procedure To View NOS Application Status
Applicants after applying for the National overseas scholarship program will be able to view the NOS application status. Check out the below mention procedure to view your application.
- To view your application status, visit the official portal of the national Overseas scholarship i.e nosmsje.gov.in.
- After visiting the site then, you are required to tap on the Application Status option, available on the main page of the site.
- Once you have clicked on the option you will be redirected to a new page, where you are required to enter the application reference number.
- Now after you have entered the detail then you have to tap on the view option.
- Now you will be able to check the status of your application.
Steps To Check The NOS Result
You will be able to check the result by following the below steps.
- To check the result, visit the official website of the National Overseas Scholarship i.e. nosmsje.gov.in.
- Post visiting the site you have to tap on the Result option, which is available on the main page of the site.
- After clicking on the related option then you will be taken to a new page, and there you have to search for the Result of NOS and click on that.
- Now on the next page, the result will open in PFD format, and then you will be able to see your name, category, course, university, and rank on the pdf.
- By following the above procedure you will be able to view the result for the National Overseas Scholarship.
Procedure To Login National Overseas Scholarship (NOS) 2023 Portal
Applicants will be able to login into the portal once they have successfully registered themselves in the portal. Follow the steps to do the login.
- If you want to login into the portal, first visit the official portal of the National Overseas Scholarship i.e. nosmsje.gov.in
- After you have visited the site then, tap on the Login option, which you will be able to see at the top of the main page.
- Once you have tapped on the related option then you will be taken to a new page, where you are required to fill out the required details like user id and password.
- After entering the details then verify the security code mentioned in the box.
- Then you have to click on the Sign-in option.
- By following the above-mentioned procedure you will be able to do the login process
Steps To Download NOS Form
- To download the form, go to the official portal of the National Overseas Scholarship nosmsje.gov.in.
- Post visiting the site then click on the Download form option, on the main page of the site.
- And then on the new page, you will be able to view the options of different forms and choose the form you want to download.
- Then on the next page, you will be able to see the pdf of the application form.
- By following the above steps you will be able to successfully download the form.
Steps To View NOS Contact Details
You will be able to view contact details from the portal and check the procedure to do so.
- Firstly, go to the official portal of the National Overseas Scholarship nosmsje.gov.in.
- As you can see there is a Contact us option on the main page, click on that.
- And after that, the new page will be one before you.
- All the contact details will appear before you on the next page, there you can see the contact details for technical issues or for scheme-related queries.
- Follow the steps and then you will be able to get the contact details of the NOS
National Overseas Scholarship (NOS) 2023: Important Links
|National Overseas Scholarship (NOS) 2023||nosmsje.gov.in|
|National Overseas Scholarship (NOS) Income certificate link||Click here|
|National Overseas Scholarship (NOS) Landless agriculture certificate||Click here|
|National Overseas Scholarship (NOS) Traditional Artisan||Click here|
|National Overseas Scholarship (NOS) Guideline||Click here|
All the candidates belonging to Scheduled castes, denotified tribes, Traditional Artisan, Landless agriculture
P.hD course – maximum 4 years
Masters – maximum 3 years
All the selected candidates are required to arrange for their admission to a foreign accredited educational institute/ University.
The applicants must have a graduation degree for a master’s and a postgraduate degree for a PhD.