Agriculture Electricity Cash Transfer Scheme | Agriculture Electricity Cash Transfer Online Form | AP Agriculture Electricity Cash Transfer Scheme Benefits
Andhra Pradesh Government rolled out a cast transfer scheme to provide free electricity service to the farmers of the state. The scheme is named as Agriculture Electricity Cash Transfer Scheme and was launched in September 2020. This scheme was initially launched by the former Chief Minister Y S Rajasekhara Reddy who introduced this scheme in the year 2004 to provide free electricity for the development of farmers. If you also wish to get an insight about this scheme then go through this article till the end.
Agriculture Electricity Cash Transfer Scheme
The current Chief Minister of the state Mr Jaggan Mohan Reddy relaunched this scheme with fresh guidelines in September 2020. With this scheme, the government is aimed to provide free electricity to farmers for the next 30-35 years. Farmers will be provided with an uninterrupted supply of free electricity for 9 hours a day. As this Agriculture Electricity Cash Transfer scheme is newly launched, citizens must be not fully aware of this scheme. To help them, we have compiled an article which includes all the important information about this cash transfer scheme.
Key Deatils of Agriculture Electricity Cash Transfer
|Name of the scheme||Agriculture Electricity Cash Transfer Scheme|
|Article Category||AP Govt Scheme|
|Scheme Type||State-funded scheme|
|Launched by||CM Jaggan Mohan Reddy|
|Authority||Government of Andhra Pradesh|
|Starting from||FY 2022-23|
|Beneficiary||Farmers of the state|
|Benefit offered||Free Electricity to farmers|
|Official portal of AP govt||https://www.ap.gov.in/|
|The official portal for the scheme||Not Available|
The main objective of this scheme is scheme is to empower farmers and develop the agriculture sector. To lessen the burden of electricity bill payment by the poor farmers of the state by offering them a cash transfer of funds every month.
Agriculture Electricity Cash Transfer Benefits
- Quality electricity will be provided to farmers
- Money will be transferred every month to bank account of the farmers
- As mentioned in the election manifesto a continuous free electricity for 9 hours will be provided to each farmer during the day.
- Call center will also be set to solve the problems and complaints of the farmers. These call centers will be headed by the Secretary of the Power Department.
- Under this scheme, authorities are directed not to terminate a single connection.
- With this scheme, farmer’s responsibility and accountability will be increased.
- There will be no burden of paying electricity bill on farmers.
- The government has assured to improve this scheme in future
- Farmers do not have to a single penny for electricity bill from their pocket. The government will send the electricity bill amount to their bank accounts which they have to pay to the concerned Power Distribution authority.
- To get benefit under this scheme, farmers have to open a bank account in their name.
- The government has announced to install smart meters to all the power connections of the agriculture sector. Government will spend an estimated amount of Rs.Rs.1500 crores for installation of smart meters for agriculture connections.
- Government has also announced to provide nearly 10000 solor power plants for farm sector in coming years under this scheme. By this initiative, AP Government’s goal of green energy will be accomplished.
Agriculture Electricity Cash Transfer Scheme is only for a particular section of the state. Every citizen cannot avail of the benefit offered under this scheme. Check what are the basic requirements for availing of this scheme given below-
- This scheme is exclusively for the farmers of the state.
- Applicants must be a resident of Andhra Pradesh
- Beneficiaries must possess all the supporting documents with them at the time of registration so that their eligibility can be verified.
To get benefits of cash transfer for electricity bill payment eligible farmers must produce all the requisite documents. These documents mainly include-
- Address proof of the applicant
- Aadhar Card
- Farmer identity card/ proof showing that applicant is a farmer
- Income certificate
- A valid mobile number (preferably no. which is registered with bank account)
- Bank account details/ bank passbook
Without providing any of the aforementioned documents, applicants will not be able to get the benefit of this scheme.
Implementation Process of Agriculture Electricity Cash Transfer
The implementation process for this free electricity scheme is quite simple. Have a look at the implementation details of the AP Agri electricity cash transfer scheme shared below-
- To avail this scheme, it is mandatory for all the farmers to have a bank account. Therefore, not having a bank account in their name can open a new bank account.
- After the identification of the all the beneficiaries, a list of beneficiaries will be prepared by the concerned officials.
- At the end of each month, government will transfer the bill amount to the bank account of the farmer.
- This amount should be used by the farmer for the payment of the power bill at the concerned power supply department office.
Application Process of AP Agriculture Electricity Cash Transfer Yojana
If you are wondering that there would be an online application for this scheme then the government has not yet released it. As of now no official portal or website has been released by the concerned authority for the scheme. Therefore, no online application forms are available as of now. As soon as any information regarding the online application will be notified, we will update the same here.
Check the important points of the application process for this scheme given here-
- Identification of eligible farmers is likely to done by the official appointed by the state government hence the application for this scheme is expected to be filled by them for each of the beneficiaries.
- Before applying for the Agriculture Electricity Cash Transfer scheme, the applicant must have a working bank account.
- To get more information about it, one can visit the concerned ward sachivalaya office.
It was launched in September 2020 by the CM of AP.
The poor farmers of the state who are unable to pay their monthly electricity bills are covered under this scheme.
No, the official portal and application procedure is available as of now.
In this case, he will not be able to get benefitted from this scheme. It is compulsory to have a bank account to get the advantage of this scheme.
Queries regarding Agriculture Electricity Cash Transfer Scheme can be asked in the comment section. A dedicated team of pmmodiyojanaye will revert to the same as soon as possible.