Aikyashree Scholarship Scheme Registration | aikyashree scholarship status | Last date | Mamta Banerjee aikyashree scholarship 2022 application form | West bengal aikya shree scholarship amount 2022
Education holds the strength to empower and uplift all the socially and economically backward classes. It is a right and not a privilege, consequently, every student deserves a fair chance at it. Hence, the central and state governments keep launching various schemes to promote education by providing financial assistance to such candidates. With the same aim, West Bengal launched the Aikyashree Scholarship for minorities. Basic education is commonly available to most kids but drop-out cases increase at higher levels. This scheme will not only support students who wish to pursue higher education but also at lower levels so there is no student is who is devoid of it. Know all the crucial information about this scheme here in this article.
Aikyashree Scholarship 2022
The government of West Bengal launched the Aikyashree scholarship scheme for the minority communities. The portal officially opened on 1 August 2020 for registration purposes and offers applications for post-matric and merit cum means scholarships. These scholarships will be available to eligible students belonging to Buddhist, Christian, Jain, Muslim, Parsee, and Sikh communities. The West Bengal Government is working in the direction of uplifting the backward religious communities in the state and hence introduced this scheme. Pre-Matric, Post-Matric, and Merit-cum-Means scholarships are offered under the Aikyashree scholarship scheme. All these scholarships are completely funded by the state government in West Bengal. This great initiative will support the dreams of economically vulnerable students.
Key Highlights of Aikyashree Scholarship 2022
|Name||Aikyashree Scholarship Scheme 2022|
|Department||Minority Affairs and Madrasah Education Department|
|State||West Bengal Govt Scheme|
|Launched By||Mamta Banerjee, Cheif Minister|
|Aim||To financial assistance to eligible students for educational purpose|
|Types of Scholarships||Pre-Matric, Post-Matric, and Merit-cum-Means scholarships|
|Beneficiaries||Students belonging to a minority community in West Bengal|
The central idea of launching this scholarship was to ensure that money is not an obstacle in the pursuit of education for students who are unfortunate in case of financial matters. Children who are underprivileged and have no financial backup are unable to get basic education in classes I-X. As a result, they might have to choose available options to survive. This not only increases unemployment on an envisaged level but also triggers child labour. The government has finally decided to support such students and back them up for their basic right to education.
Funds turn out to be a bigger question mark at the time of higher education. Basic education is mostly available with an affordable fee structure for many families, but with the up-gradation in classes, the fees of the courses increase. The reason for this is the specialization and specification in subjects that advance in senior levels. Thus, due to monetary barriers, the students drop out on reaching higher levels. This leads to a higher illiteracy rate eventually causing unemployment and increased daily wage workers. This further leads to the backwardness of the communities altogether.
To avoid such cases, the state government of West Bengal has launched this scheme.
Types of Aikyashree Scholarship
The following types of scholarships are available under the Aikyashree scheme of the West Bengal government:
- Pre-Matric Scholarships: There are various kids who do not get the first chance at education. They miss out on this basic right due to social backwardness bundled by financial issues. These students generally pick up child labors as options to survive. Some children opt for illegal means to earn a bread. Drop out cases at such an early stage, even though are comparitively lesser but they are disappointing. To avoid all this, pre-matric scholarships are offered to students to promote basic education.
- Post-Matric Scholarships: Various families who inspite of inclusion into minorities and weaker economic sections, can afford basic education. Even if they cannot, they strive to educate their children. As the student passes and gets promoted to classes, they usually abandon the dreams due to in creased financial pressures. To assist children in such cases and decrease the cases of drop outs, the WB government will ensure that there are no students who have to deal with this problem. Thus, the post-matric scholarships are offered to meritorious students in higher classes.
- Merit-cum-Means Scholarships: Technical and professional courses in Engineering, Medical and other fields give better scope of jobs due to employment demands. Due to added specialization in such courses, the price which students need to pay increases drastically. Hence, such courses are always expensive and mostly unafforable for a particular section of the society. In order to help students who belong to these communities and support them, these scholarships have been included in the Aikyashree scheme.
The following are features of the Aikyashree scholarship:
- This scholarship scheme will benefit all the students who wish to pursue education but could not due to lesser funds.
- It will cover students of classes I to PhD.
- Incentives will be provided accordingly depending upon the type of scholarship.
- Better educational opprtunities will be provided to students of minority.
- Moreover, students will feel empowered in a socio-economic dynamic.
- The registrations wiill be on an online portal which will help in easy and hassle-free procession of the applications.
- Students can further apply for renewal of the application directly on the portal.
- The applicants can also use the portal to track the status of the application.
- Since the the scholarship will be implemented in an online mode, the students will receive money directly into their banks through a safe DBT or Direct Bank Transfer.
- Female Candidates will be prioritised.
Aikyashree Scholarship Benefits
The scheme will be advantageous in the following manner :
- The scheme will goive financial assistance to students of Class I upto PhD.
- These scholarships will not only empower the minorities but also women as girl candidates will get preference.
- This scheme will also promote financial independency of the students and will set them free from the guilt of burdening their parents.
- The scholarship amount will be disbursed in form of stipend which will be a constant source of money to manage regular educational expenditures.
- The state will develop in educational fields since the literacy rate will take a hike.
- The unemployment ratio will decrease in state according to foresighted vision.
- The portal will enable smooth execution of the scheme and save time and resources.
Eligibilty Criteria to apply Aikyashree Scholarship 2022 Scheme
The following eligibility criteria need to be considered before applying for scholarships under this scheme:
- The applicant must be a citizen of West Bengal and should have a domicile to prove it.
- The student must also clear the eligibilty criteria given for the applicable scheme.
- Pre-Matric and Post-Matric Scholarship:
- Applicant must be a student in a reciognised institution.
- Scored have at least 50% marks in previous final examinations.
- Annual family income should not be more than Rs. 2 lakhs friom all the sources.
- The institution must be in West Bengal, that is students in institutions outside West Bengal will not get benefits from this scheme.
- Merit-cum-Means Scholarship:
- Must have taken admission in a technical or professional course.
- Secored minimum 50% marks or higher in previous examination.
- The maximum income of the family of the applicant must be 2.5 lakhs.
- The applicants who are studying outside West Bengal can also apply for benefits under this scholarship but they will have to constantly check with the WB Minorities Development and Finance Cooperation regarding their eligibility status.
- Finally, the applicant should have all the necessary documents.
- WB Caste Certificate Application Online
- West Bengal Student Credit Card Scheme 2022
- Status check Lakshmi Bhandar Online @wbcdwdsw.gov.in
- Swami Vivekananda Scholarship 2022: Apply Online
aikyashree scholarship amount/Incentive
Refer to the following chart to check the monetary stipends offered under other scholarships:
*All figures mentioned in Indian Rupees.
|S. No.||Scholarship||Class||Admission Fee & Tuition Fee||Maintenance Allowance||Total|
|1.||Pre-Matric||I – V||0||1,100||1,100|
|VI – X||4,400||1,100||5,500|
|2.||Post-Matric||XI & XII||7,700||2,500||10,200|
| XI & XII |
(technical and vocational streams)
|Undergraduate and Postgraduate||3,300||3,300||6,600|
|M. Phil and Ph.D||3,300||6,000||9,300|
|3.||Merit-cum-Means||Technical and Professional Courses like Engineering, Medical, Law, Management, etc.||22,000||5,500||27,500|
|S. No.||Scholarship||Class||Admission Fee & Tuition Fee||Maintenance Allowance||Total|
|1.||Pre-Matric||I – V||0||0||0|
|VI – X||4,400||6,600||11,000|
|2.||Post-Matric||XI & XII||7,700||4,200||11,900|
| XI & XII |
(technical and vocational streams)
|Undergraduate and Postgraduate||3,300||6,300||9,600|
|M. Phil and Ph.D||3,300||13,200||16,500|
|3.||Merit-cum-Means||Technical and Professional Courses like Engineering, Medical, Law, Management, etc.||22,000||11,000||33,000|
Aikyashree scholarship Application Guidelines
The following guidelines have been laid down by the Minority Affairs and Madrasha Education Department of West Bengal as per the official gazette notification, for the application for scholarships under Aikyashree:
- The income certificate of the family needs to be attested along with the application form.
- Renewal applicants need to score at least 50% marks in the previous final examinations.
- Both the day scholars and hostellers will get maintenance allowance.
- In one academic year, maintenance allownce will be given for not more than 10 months.
- The State will surely cover full cource fee for certain listed institutions.
- Hostellers who reside in places other than institutional hostels will also get benefit under the schemes.
- The students who are receiving financial assistance through the scholarships need to maintain proper attendance record.
- If the student violates any of the scholarship or institutional guidelines, the authorities will cancel or suspend the assistance.
- In case of fake beneficiaries, the department will amount will cancel the scholarship and recover the amount.
- The state government will follow Direct Bank Transfer (DBT) of funds to the applicant’s account through a secure online window.
- 2% of the amount will be reserved by WBMDFC for administrative expenses for execution of scheme.
The West Bengal Minorities Development and Financial Cooperation which is the appointed nodal department is responsible for sanctioning the scholarship amount. The online applications will go through a thorough analysis process. After successful verification of the applicant and details, they will credit the amount into the accounts of students. The disbursement money will be using a safe Direct Bank Transfer or DBT window.
The authorities will strictly consider the eligibility criteria before finalizing the beneficiaries. In case of Merit-cum-Means scholarships, the selection will depend on the scores of the applicant. A list will be prepared and after that, the final list will be declared.
Documents Needed to apply for aikyashree scholarship
The applicants must submit the following documents while registering for any scholarship under Aikyashree:
- Scanned passport sized photograph of the applicant.
- Digital or scanned signature of the applicant.
- Aadhar Card for ID proof.
- Address proof.
- Minority Community Certificate.
- Income Certificate of the family.
- Previous year result sheet.
- Previous year fee receipt.
- Mobile number to receive information regarding the application.
- Details of the Bank Account of the applicant.
- West Bengal Digital Ration Card 2022(Optional)
Application Procedure of aikyashree scholarship 2022
Firstly, the students need to register themselves on the portal and enter all the information. After that, they need to carefully check their eligibility. Once the registration is successful, they can log in and complete the application.
Observe the following steps to apply for the scholarships under the Aikyashree:
- Open the official web page of Aikyashree scholarships at wbmdfcscholarship.org.
- Click on “Student’s Area” to reach the student page for this scholarship.
- Select “Fresh Application”.
- In the next page, select the district of the institution.
- Select the district from the dropdown list and choose “Block” or “Muncipality”.
- Enter the required details marked with “*”, such as name, parent’s details and more.
- Submit the applivcation and proceed to the next step.
- Carefully check with the given eligibilty criteria and fill the column and click on “Submit & Proceed”.
- Check the applicable scholarship scheme and process.
- Obtain the login credentials which will also be genertated in the registered mobile number and email ID.
West bengal aikyashree scholarship Log In
To log into the portal as a student follow the steps stated below:
- Visit the official website wbmdfcscholarship.org.
- In “Student’s Area”, choose “Registered Student Login”.
- Select the district of the institution of the applicant.
- Enter the Login Credentials, that is, the username and the password.
- Choose the academic session and district.
- Read the captcha code from the box and fill in the “Captcha” box.
- Press “Login”.
- Change tne password for account.
- Fill in the basic information details and then the academic information.
- Finally, fill the details of the bank account carefully. The scholarship amount will be same account. Verify the details.
- Pre-view the application before submission. The scholarship will be awarded based on the same application.
- Edit the application in case of some mistake.
- Finally, submit the application by clicking on “Final Submit” option.
- Print the application by tapping on “Print Application”and print a copy of the application with photocopy of bank passbook containing bank account no and the IFS Code and submit it to the concerned institution.
The users can download the following from the portal:
- User Manual
- SVMCM User Manual
- Flow chart for filling application at student level
- Aikyashree Gazette Notification
- User Manual for Renewal
- User Manual for Renewal (MCM)
- User Manual for Renewal (SVMCM)
To download any of the first three of the aforementioned notices, open the login page in Student’s Area. Select the district. In the “Instructions” column, click on the link to the needed document. A new tab will further open up with the pdf file of the notification. Finally, Print or Download the file using the respective icons.
To download the official gazette notification of Aikyashree, the users need to click on the “Download” option on the home page of the WBMDFC website. There is one link available for the pdf file of the notification published on June 20, 2019. Furthermore, download or print the pdf file as per convenience.
To download the last three renewal documents, visit the renewal application page. Select the district of the institute and then follow the links to the three notices in the “Instructions” column. Download or print the pdf files.
To apply for renewal of application, observe the following method:
- Open the official portal of the Aikyashree scholarship.
- In the “Student’s Area”, click on the any of the applicable Renewal options.
- Select the district to reach the renewal application login page.
- Enter the application ID and choose the Date Of Birth.
- Select the district and enter the captcha code.
- Click on “Login”.
- The system will find the relevant application. Edit the applcation and attest the frresh documents.
- Submit the final application after careful review.
To make corrections in the application, be it fresh or renewal, the applicants need to visit the respective pages in the “Student’s Area”. Select the “Defected Application” or “Defected Renewal Application” based on the application type. Login through the new page and edit the application. After successful edit, finally submit the form.
MCM for Listed Institutes
To check the Means-cum-Merit for the Institutions listed by the WBMDFC, the users need to visit the official Aikyashree webpage. Further, enter the “Student’s Area” and click on “MCM for Listed Institute 2022”. The page will redirect to a new tab with the list.
Invalid Bank Account Updation
In case, the details of the bank account turn invalid, the users can update it on the portal by following the method:
- Open the officialm portal of Aikyashree.
- In the “Student’s Area”, choose the “Invalid Bank Account Updation”.
- Select the district of Institution.
- An Invalid Bank Account Update form for the last session will open up.
- Enter the application ID or the mobile number.
- Select the Date Of Birth of the applicant and Submit.
- The user will be verified and then the bank account details can be updated.
Aikyashree scholarship status check 2022
To track the status of the application, follow the subsequent steps:
- Visit the homepage of the Aikyashree scholarship portal.
- In the topmost options, select the option of “Track your Application”.
- A application tracking form will open up.
- Select either the option to track application using Application ID or Mobile number.
- Select the year of registration and district from the dropdown list.
- Enter the Application ID or the Mobile Number and the Date of Birth.
- Finally, enter the Captcha Code and Submit.
The mail support is available at [email protected]. The contact details of the officials at the WBMDFC Head Quarters and the Education Supervisors of districts are given in the “Contact Us” page of the Aikyashree portal. To open the contact details, click here.